SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

I like the stealth with the zombies, I like that they are hard.. Makes you always walk around headshot them before they even get chance to start sprinting! BUT I do tho wish there was bit more of them but bit slower and less health, right now they take way too much damage before they die.. And they need to stop dealing damage by just being close.. Its impossible to evade their attacks wich is quite annoying.

Guns literally are useless as crap if you have more than one zombie lol. I wish you guys would add more zombies but nerf them, a little at least. They hit me while I run, they kill you easily as a new spawn, they take a million .357 rounds to kill too xD. For real, I love this game, but I think this was a poor move (imo) I wish there were hundreds that swarmed cities but didn't run 100 mph and be able to hit at the same time. Will we ever be able to run and shoot/attack...?

What no seriously? I have ditched my melee weapon because I feel like I wont need it. If you get up close personal with a "zed" then you're going to regret it, and that is so great!

This patch is seriously the only time, yet, I've looked at a fireaxe and thought to myself "meh"

Fire axe works great still I use it on em 3 swings on average will kill em sometimes 4 - took a couple more with a gardening hoe but that worked too, they really dont seem to do as much dmg as they used too (or could do) - I like the direction in fact I would like to see more 

I agree that melee fights with multiple zombies are terrifying. But that's kind of the point, isn't it?

If you survive you regain health quite quickly. Getting the clothes ruined is a pain in the ass, but it makes you move on and find new ones. And even vests spawn in convenient locations now.

I do wish the whole melee was more interactive, the stunning should work better or longer. I guess melee combat is limited by the technology, so we can't expect too much. I feel like things are going the right direction in general. The zombies becoming a threat is going to make a difference in pvp, especially in cities. I don't think the current zombies are horrible, but I do see room for improvement. At least you notice there are zombies in the game, now ;) 

What no seriously? I have ditched my melee weapon because I feel like I wont need it. If you get up close personal with a "zed" then you're going to regret it, and that is so great!

This patch is seriously the only time, yet, I've looked at a fireaxe and thought to myself "meh"

Oh, I look at my fire axe and see a balloon, it takes 3 hits to kill while they multi hit you no matter what direction they look lol. Guns aren't really that good (which was my opinion) it's a .357, why does it takes so many rounds to kill?

Oh, I look at my fire axe and see a balloon, it takes 3 hits to kill while they multi hit you no matter what direction they look lol. Guns aren't really that good (which was my opinion) it's a .357, why does it takes so many rounds to kill?

I usually get them with one, maybe two shots. You sure it's not .380 rounds you're rocking? Don't know but aren't they quite weak?

And you have to be stealthy you know, and if that doesn't work, skilled ;)

I agree that melee fights with multiple zombies are terrifying. But that's kind of the point, isn't it?

If you survive you regain health quite quickly. Getting the clothes ruined is a pain in the ass, but it makes you move on and find new ones. And even vests spawn in convenient locations now.

I do wish the whole melee was more interactive, the stunning should work better or longer. I guess melee combat is limited by the technology, so we can't expect too much. I feel like things are going the right direction in general. The zombies becoming a threat is going to make a difference in pvp, especially in cities. I don't think the current zombies are horrible, but I do see room for improvement. At least you notice there are zombies in the game, now ;)

I will agree that the direction might be going the right way, but the current implementation is just really bad.

MrCactusMan is right when he said that, melee against Zombies now are useless.

Fireaxe is now as useful as a hatchet. Cutting down trees nothing more then that. Might be okay against other players, but whats the point, people usually only go PVP when they have firearms.

I like their ai. Much better then the camping Zs we had before 0.55.

Youre right when around you they behave crazy and laggy. But the damage is less per hit then before so keep staggering hits.

Its been a while since i heard our skype group saying things like; watch out Z on the left. :)

They are awesome now. Only bad thing is, they can hit you with 360 noscope from behind. That's what I dont like. Also, when you hit them and while they are swinging their body back ( from hit ) they still hit you even if they didnt even swing hands.

Please, I'm going to say it one more time. Zombies aren't dead, they are infected!

• Like 1

The zombies are now running cacti who know kung-fu.

Still appreciate them, though.

OMFG!... I wanted harder Zombies but this takes the p*ss! Full health and reasonable gear to DEAD! in 4 hits!!! There is no skill or tactics in fighting them. Yes I've managed for 2 days with stealth but then a silent one just appeared and kicked the living sh*t out of me in 3 seconds!! FFS!.. from one extreme to another!

Anyway, rant over :) (I feel like i've just been abused ;P so sorry to rant)

I usually get them with one, maybe two shots. You sure it's not .380 rounds you're rocking? Don't know but aren't they quite weak?

And you have to be stealthy you know, and if that doesn't work, skilled ;)

I had a .357 magnum with 1 box of ammo, 6 in the gun, 14 in my inv. The thing is crazy weak now, I'm used to it being 1-2 hits to kill, I was quite surprised when it didn't die after that.

OMFG!... I wanted harder Zombies but this takes the p*ss! Full health and reasonable gear to DEAD! in 4 hits!!! There is no skill or tactics in fighting them. Yes I've managed for 2 days with stealth but then a silent one just appeared and kicked the living sh*t out of me in 3 seconds!! FFS!.. from one extreme to another!

Anyway, rant over :) (I feel like i've just been abused ;P so sorry to rant)

I felt much the same today, because I pressed "Drink all" when my cantine was in my hands by mistake as a Zombie was running towards me.

I immediately pressed, cancel current action, but of course, there was either a lag or it bugged out.

So I was forced to watch my dude drinking his water while being butchered alive. Then the lovely black screen coming with the words:

"You are dead".

But in general I was already annoyed with them, they are hard to lose and its not worth fighting them in their current stage, you are guaranteed to get hit in a melee situation.

As humans we all have a predators mind, which is to target prey that cannot put up much of a fight,  the risk being low of getting harmed and there being a reward, or even if the risk is high, at least the reward is high as well.

But, with these new infected, you are 100% guaranteed to get injured in melee fights, and is there a reward?

None at all.

So is there a point of fighting them? No point whatsoever.

If you fight them with melee your going to get hurt or your stuff ruined.

Once your spotted it means, the best thing to do is not even fight them, just run around, like there is not enough running in this game already.

I had a .357 magnum with 1 box of ammo, 6 in the gun, 14 in my inv. The thing is crazy weak now, I'm used to it being 1-2 hits to kill, I was quite surprised when it didn't die after that.

It's weird though because I used the Repeater, and they take the same ammo. Is the magnum weaker now then, because I know it wasn't before?

I'll say again guns work great if you're more than a few meters away, 1-2 9mm, 2-3 .380, 1-2 rifle rounds. My first encounter at close range I put 2 whole clips of 9mm and half a mag from and aks74u right through one before I figured out you need to backpedal.

Well they're bit glitchy maybe but they're far from horrible, IMO they've never been better in this game than now. Still easy to kill but they can fight back and side stepping is the worst tactic. Just face them. No problem t kill them with one handed weapons and they get max one hit on me.

Keep your canteen out of you toolbar. Why do you need it there?

Drink indoors or only when you've checked an area - same with food.

With an MP5 it takes 2-3 shots to kill Z, take your time aiming and when you kill it move immediately as there is usually one running up behind you.

They lose interest pretty quickly so it's easy to lose their aggro - just keep running.

Unless you are weak they won't kill you in 3-4 hits.

I have no problem with them - far far better than the older zombies.

The zombies are soooo much better now. If you get overwhelmed then you just have to run, which is good. That's how it should be. They run out of gas pretty quick.

If you read the changelog you'd see that they damage on contact.

Seriously if you're complaining about zombies just go play arma

• Like 1

Despite what some people say about the Zombies in .55, I LOVE it. It actually makes them more of a threat than just a pest. Some notes on them I've found:

• Zombies WILL tire eventually, they start off fast but after a minute or two they are reduced to fast shambling gait. It's at this stage a player can easily outrun them or kill them with aimed shots until they get past their sight radius.
  • Line of sight is still as important as ever, breaking that sight line means they will loose you and revert back to an idle roaming status. However if they followed you to a ladder or a high location or you trap yourself inside a building they will often stay outside until something else comes along.
  • Melee weapons are no longer truly effective versus zombies, one on one you can usually defeat them fairly quickly with timed swings but you must ensure your weapon is pristine or worn to get the best effect. I've found that damaged and badly damaged melee weapons always gets me in worse conditions than what I would with a pristine one.
  • This update has caused me to use more firearms to kill zombies, normally it would just be an Axe and be done with it. I actually started using a P1 (sans the magazine) and picking off zombies while quietly sneaking around some of the smaller villages like Dolina. With the reduced "senses" of the Zombies I was able to successfully sneak past and clear most of the villages using only the P1 and it has made me consider carrying a 9mm or .45 sidearm to use against zombies while scavenging. It's also inspired some of my friends to actively carry the .22 rifles such as the Trumpet or Sporter for quick zombie removal when traveling as part of a squad.
  • The added aggression and "tankyness" of the zombies is well worth it in my opinion. They ignore pain so therefore they should be able to take a few more hits than what a normal human player should be able to take to the body. Only a headshot is a surefire way to outright kill them. #
  • The added update to Zombies has inadvertently buffed the use of the Crossbow and the Bow to use against Zombies. A trained user in a Crossbow or Bow can silently take out multiple zombies in a town before they even know who's there.
  • Like 1

I felt much the same today, because I pressed "Drink all" when my cantine was in my hands by mistake as a Zombie was running towards me.

I immediately pressed, cancel current action, but of course, there was either a lag or it bugged out.

Once your spotted it means, the best thing to do is not even fight them, just run around, like there is not enough running in this game already.

I had the exact same situation, but I did cancel out of drinking with mmb and could save my ass. So a different outcome for me, as I canceled the action and moved around. If the zombie sounds would work, they would be less of a pain to notice. But sometimes I think the sounds and ambient is a bit bugged at the moment. Even when I see an infected in front of me, sounds will most likely come from my left speaker. I need better audio cues with zombies, and then I think I'll be fine evading them. There should be a few silent ones that maybe hit less hard; I was surprised a few times myself by a silent runner. 

But what killed me after all these beautiful days of looting and surviving since the patch? Driving against the low end of a fence with the V3S is what killed me! 

In the mods you were quite often forced to go around the zombies. They pose an obstacle now, while they were only a nuisance before. You will also hear more players shooting them, as everyone is giving up stealth one time or the other. Take into account that zombie numbers are growing and you need to treat them tactically and hopefully use them to your advantage in fights with players. You should be able to axe a bad shooter surrounded by zombies, for example. (One problem here is, how will we loot a player in the future, when he is crowded by zombies and we have a clock ticking?)

These Zeds will add another dimension to the game that was absent for too long. Zombies are kind of an alarm mechanism for other players as much as they are a thread to them. You will see them chasing across town and know there is another player. You will see towns and areas free from zombies and know someone has been there before. A lot of ways to use this new situation to your advantage! Don't only see the negative about it now. Zombies will be even more a pain in the ass, but the problem is unilateral, so we all face the same situation and have to either gun or stealth our way through. I think realistically that is what such a situation would turn out like in real-life as well. I wouldn't engage zombies with an axe, unless I see no other way out. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Think of it this way. The zombies have no sense of pain or fatigue. They also have what I believe is called beserker syndrom or something. The brain regulates muscle use to keep the body from destroying its arms lifting an apple. But if the brain is as messed up as they are in the infected, they would be using 100% of there muscle all the time, everytime. That could explain the faster speeds, toughness, and strength. Probably not the intended way it is, but just imagine, roleplay, if you will, until they are ironed out.

• Like 1

how can a zombie ruin a heavy duty canteen by hitting me with it's hands?? how????????

and can you please give a "drink until not thirsty" option for wells??? i mean really i have to drink 5x from a well bc i dont have a bottle?

ps. new zombies are awful and no less clipping

PPS even a 'ruined' canteen can be used to quickly fill with water and drink....

Edited by anarky321

COMPLETELY SILENT ZOMBIES???? REALLY?? who thought this would be a good idea? i turn around while sprinting and 'accidentally' notice there's 2 zombies silently sprinting right behind me....this is how zombies behave right? what a ****ing joke....why don't you fix the no-clipping instead

You should be using the Feedback tracker for this kind of feedback.

I agree with your auto hit theory. They don't seem to have to actually swing but merely bump into you. 

This I feel they should fix. 

The no clipping they should fix

The sound they should fix. 

IF they were to fix ^^^ These three things. I would be set 100% they are actually intertaining now. 

A threat. Something to avoid or take caution when around. Make one think about their actions. Then again. I've been geared this entire time so. What do I know? I haven't experienced the life of bambi since the update.