SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

i agree with what u said: zombies can be mean and faster but the respawn like that is way to much, this is not hitman where u need to sneak into every building so u are invisible to zombies

Are you serious? In a zombie apocalypse you would run like an idiot trough a city, or shooting at them staying nearly theme? 

In the mod, when zombies became a problem (Around patch 1.7.4 maybe) if you didn't sneak you would've died.

This is not a CoD.

On a scale of 1 to 10, where the zombies' former speed is "1" and the new situation is "10" I would say they need to turn the dial back to about 6.

PROS of faster zombies:

• makes players 'deal' with zombies rather than run past and ignore them (not hard to loot without killing slow zombies)
  • gives players a common objective, other than killing each other; i.e. an excuse to work together
  • adds a certain theatrical element to the game that was missing.  The prior zombies were roaming retards, anything better than a your dukes, a pipewrench or knife made them easy to dispatch and little more than a nuisance.

CONS of faster zombies:

• nearly impossible for a new spawn to confront faster more aggressive zombies, and simultaneously less likely to avoid confronting them
  • Current No-Clip zombies come flying through walls to attack you
  • Some move so fast that the audible zombie cackling and moaning doesn't have enough time to occur before they attack, [often] eliminating the only early warning system
  • unaccountable zombie melee attacks in tandem with jerky, hyper-speed movement means a lot of BS damage being taken even with effective evasion

Regarding respawning zombies, the radius needs to be about double what it is. Even if the sweet sound of an M4 makes all the zombs in the yard want your milkshake, there shouldn't be an indefatigable penalty for clearing a section of town for the sake of looting.  I play solo a lot, and using a firearm on zombies is bad for my health.  If there's a deeper radius I could at least clear an area for a few precious extra seconds to hit rooms on second floors without coming down a staircase greeted by a zombie circle jerk.

Had my first encounter with the patched creatures.

Looks like the Zs finally arrived in the game.

Don't they dare to take them away again (at least not to soon if they really have to).

- killed about 20 Zs and saw none spawning close to me

- killing some with a gun but only 2 came running (Gvozdno is too small for that i guess).

- killing them with the axe is easy (as long as you keep the number low), the tips from here and the other threads are working fine

- was hit 3 times, no bleeding, not much ruined (if any), i guess there is karma involved

- running away is easy; breaking the line possible? (trees worked or it suicided out of sight)

- i saw at least 5 Zs in my short span of play suiciding (from roofs) or falling to death downhill

- the new town in the north is cool, the Z spawns are still missing

- the are FRIGGIN fast uphill now, will surprise the people living of the hills

stealth mechanics and decoys next would be highly appreciated.

pretty sure new spawns have a very rough start right now, maybe it is a good time to be nice to them and help a little if need be.

The 1st real progress i can feel in the gameplay.

A small step in a good direction.

Edited by justadude
  • Like 2

its your method of killing zombies that is the problem - use your axe and use a little stealth - I never have problems looting towns (well not from the zombies anyway). of course the respawn mechanic is still under development but watching your video all I can see is someone in a town full of zombies make a ton of noise which attracts more zombies, seems reasonable to me.

You aren't even reading my posts.

I UNDERSTAND shooting your weapon will attract a TON of ZOMBIES. 20-30 even. BUT INFINITE ZOMBIES is NOT REASONABLE.

• Like 1

Just want to say I hope the zombies stay the same or get harder. It was too easy before, you could loot an entire town while just kiting zombies.

• Like 1

For me personnaly it is really demotivating to play game until zombies can walk like ghosts through building walls. 

Today I was at airfield, killed 40 zombies by M4 and when I wanted to loot ground floor of barracks, no sight of zombies for 15 seconds (what a releaf), then in last room i heared zombies, two of them were after me and runnig through walls full speed, I was unable to strafe and they hit me a few times. 

This respawning system has to change IMHO till pathfinding is solved 100%. There is no point looting because respawned zombies will kill you from nowhere. You cannot make decision on number of zombies you can see ahead, you just know that there will be ten times more of them and you cannot pick place where to attack them, they just respawn near you.

Edited by Peter_98

I think that the best solution to zombies spawning in plain sight is to let the game track your line of sight and have the zombies spawn behind things. It would be much more immersive to see zombies stumble out from behind a bush or around the corner of a house and then come at you.

On account of clipping through walls, this bug is being worked on so I won't say anything about that.

I also think the best solution is to keep numbers fairly low, and make the zombies more powerful, rather than having large numbers of weak zombies. The reason for this is that it will not cause as much lag. So basically, before we had like what, three zombies in a town? Maybe double that number, make different types (two or three) that move at different speeds, and the faster ones can hit faster but not as hard, and the slower ones will attack more slowly, but harder, and maybe even have a tiny chance of knocking you down (not unconscious, just knocked over so you have to stand up again, or attack from prone).

Just a couple of thoughts.

You aren't even reading my posts.

I UNDERSTAND shooting your weapon will attract a TON of ZOMBIES. 20-30 even. BUT INFINITE ZOMBIES is NOT REASONABLE.

Complains about too many zombies, but "UNDERSTANDS shooting weapon will attract a TON of ZOMBIES. 20-30 even."

Shoots zombies.

snape.gif

• Like 1

Complains about too many zombies, but "UNDERSTANDS shooting weapon will attract a TON of ZOMBIES. 20-30 even."

Shoots zombies.

Learn to read better bud. I didn't complain about too many, I complained about infinite.. I'd be fine with 20-30.

Learn to read better bud. I didn't complain about too many, I complained about infinite.. I'd be fine with 20-30.

I'm fine with you getting swamped with infinite zeds, mate.  But to be serious for a moment, I'm beginning to suspect it's nothing to do with gunshots at all - you appear to be so dense that you're drawing all those zeds into your personal event horizon.

• Like 1

Aren't GAMES supposed to be FUN, last time I checked this was still a GAME. (One that's still in ALPHA but a GAME NONETHELESS). I enjoy realism to an extent. However I'd still like to ENJOY a GAME. IMO It's just not enjoyable at the moment. (Due to superhuman zombies).

On a side note, are any of the devs viewing this thread????

I'm am enjoying the game a lot more since this latest patch. Zombies are more of a challenge. Not much, but more than before. Anyway, as long as you have an axe they are no problem at all, no matter how many of them there are, but I do enjoy clearing out a town now, because they aren't just lifeless mannequins now.

• Like 2

I'm am enjoying the game a lot more since this latest patch. Zombies are more of a challenge. Not much, but more than before. Anyway, as long as you have an axe they are no problem at all, no matter how many of them there are, but I do enjoy clearing out a town now, because they aren't just lifeless mannequins now.

I have to agree with you. The zombies were a complete joke before, and are still completely manageable with an axe.

Also, you can still run from the zombies.

has anyone noticed that the increased speed of the zombies also increases the speed at which they crumple into the death animation?

this is much more fluid and realistic at this speed.

keep the zombies animation at this speed for further development, but nerf their total run/flat sprinting speed

also

this leaping 5-10 meters forwards is causing "pushback" against the player character model when items are equipped, causing the player to be glitched back out of things like walls

• Like 2

I like the changes in meta brought by new zombie mechanics. I guess it's part of their "focus on survival" sprint. Now let's wait for hunting and cooking and it will be the perfect survival simulator, not some shooter where ppl brag how their "squad" took out another "squad" or sniper special olympics.

Obviously I support all the implementation suggestions players have been making, slightly increase the spawn time an distance, fix pathfinding, etc.

this leaping 5-10 meters forwards is causing "pushback" against the player character model when items are equipped, causing the player to be glitched back out of things like walls

Did you report that on the feedback page? I know this is a feedback thread, but in my opinion you should put that up there as well.

And please link the report afterwards, so we can upvote it. ;)

Edited by Strawman

Did you report that on the feedback page? I know this is a feedback thread, but in my opinion you should put that up there as well.

And please link the report afterwards, so we can upvote it. ;)

i report nothing except serious exploits and cheating

fixing the game is not my job, im here to communicate with other players and help their playing experience and dispell illusions and hype also for the lols

sorry if that seems dickish

but i really dont care if the finished product suceeds or is playable anymore lol

i report nothing except serious exploits and cheating

fixing the game is not my job, im here to communicate with other players and help their playing experience and dispell illusions and hype also for the lols

sorry if that seems dickish

but i really dont care if the finished product suceeds or is playable anymore lol

Alright. At least you're being honest. I'll just try to duplicate it myself and report it then I guess, unless someone else beats me to it.

Alright. At least you're being honest. I'll just try to duplicate it myself and report it then I guess, unless someone else beats me to it.

yeah the hardcore actual testers on exp and dev branches have most likely reported this already

i just drop knowledge for the kids

• Like 1

1. Fix the running through wall business. 2. This spawning is a step in the right direction but clearly broken. You should be able to clear out an area or at least kill a zed and know he's dead... for good. If they respawn it should be 30 minutes later in an area with no players near.  3. The new speed is not my favorite, it would be nice to have varying speeds of zeds, for the varying states of muscular decomposition. All of them being speedsters makes it really difficult when freshly spawning, can't even look in any buildings. 4.Lower awareness (ability to sneak by them). 5.(my favorite) gunshots draw them from further away, like the next town over, and out of the woods. So the ass hole bandits on sniper hill get overrun, or a horde of zombies interrupts a tense PvP stand off from all directions. Of course for this to work, melee hits would need to stop making bullet sounds among other things. 6. The damage is good if speed, wall running, and respawn is fixed, it was dumb when they would hit you 3 times and your not even bleeding. 7. With items 1-6 fixed or improved add more zombies.... lot's more, with higher concentrations obviously in larger cities, but also add higher concentrations the further up north you go, like hordes in the fields south of the NW AF for example, because you generally have more gear and weapons the further away from the coast you get (longer you play). All my opinion of course, nothing more, nothing less.

I get swarmed when I shoot my rifle, so using the axe is the best strategy for killing individual zeds.

They shouldn't try to make zombies harder whatsoever until they make them actual zombies, not buggy zig-zagging ghost chupacabras.

I think overall the zombies are a big improvement but the factr you pretty much can never get on top of them with guns in a city is annoying (I get that it is just placeholder). It would be nice if you could at least temporarily get yourself some breathing room if you fight hard enough. Maybe if they spawned progressively further away from where they died each time they got killed up to a certain limit.

Perfect zombies system imho:

1. they're fast, that's good

2. they have to respawn somewhere far the player (out of aggro zone) when killed OR at the same place after a longer time

3. their strengh is OK

4. obviously they shouldn't clip into walls/climb ladders

5. when a player dies, his corpes should be replaced by a spawning zombie

6. how come they die when shot in the chest/arms/legs?

my request:

- when shot in the leg, they crawl

- when shot in one arm they attack with less strengh, when shot in the two arms they should be armless or attack with teeth

- when shot in the chest, well you missed your shot...

- when shot in the head: success!

Fanboyism like remarks don't deter me from appreciating the development cycle DayZ has gone through and might I remind people, this is a game being supported many years down the line so as of right now in it's current state of development; I am humbled and keen. Watchful of the obvious bugs and what-have-you that still plague the development process but nothing said that hasn't been said already so that out the way, let's talk zombies.

Prior to, waste of bullets, not even remotely intimidating, could loot a backpack and switch out all the items in a crowded room of zeds.

DayZ team listens to the opinions of us,

Now, not saying all by the way but it kind of makes me smirk a little awkwardly (never said I wasn't sick in the head a little) hearing a lot of the complaints now. Its hard not to come off as brash or rude when you can quote people literately saying stuff like "zombie killed me, WTF?" and "Made me use a bandage? What the jahoosafats?!" and other carrying lingo of exact nature cause people know what jahoosa-anyways, back to the point at hand. Wow zombies actually done right. Aggro from far away and faster than you? I suggest you use your fists and learn to call yourself a good little boy or girl and get to defending yourself like your momma told you, you could. To say DayZ leaves you defenseless to the current nature of the horde and that the design mechanics have made it anywhere near the realm of impossible would be a joke. A remote challenge at best.

At the end of the day, you couldn't get through that paragraph back there I'll sum it up.

Stop crying, these zombies are awesome. Maybe you just weren't meant to survive amongst others since you struggle so hard to fend for yourself.

• Like 1