LaughingJack (DayZ)

It has happened...

Take my beans jack :beans:

That's truly an interesting summary of forum culture, you should consider writing a full fledged essay on it :lol:

want to trade mosin with LRS for fire axe

Will trade fire axe for banda... uhhh.  

FX: <thud>

I'm very satisfied with the "new zeds".

• they're doing a good amount of damage, including bleeding.
    gotta look for bandages/rags all the time :D

• spawning rate isn't that bad, imho.

• altogether everything I was waiting for

But:

What's going on with their detection ability? I was looting some houses while being crouch & prone - however, they kept seeing and/or hearing me from about 30-50 metres away.

Anybody else noticed that?

Edited by NotSoFriendly

I had the same shit over at the southern airfield. fukknnn didn't stop. had to put my second primary down to grab my axe to make it stop :/

[...]

But:

What's going on with their detection ability? I was looting some houses while being crouch & prone - however, they kept seeing and/or hearing me from about 30-50 metres away.

The problem is, Zs don't "see" other non-physical objects at the moment. (fences/walls) - everything that is not part of the ground...at least that was the way it was, maybe some objects can already be recognized by them.

That's the reason for the Zombie wall glitch and for your problem and it is part of the Zombie AI (which is WiP/will change dramatically as it has been announced).

So...yeah, don't trust walls to block you from being seen by a Z. If you want a ingame explanaition...hm... they smell you ;)

The problem is, Zs don't "see" other non-physical objects at the moment. (fences/walls)...

Yeah, I supposed so. I just expected the devs to fix that before making them a bigger threat.

However, I'm happy :D

Question I have. Is there any limit for Zombies now? I mean that I like to play on high pop servers, and if there is fire fight in svetlo, berezino, elektro, cherno,, zeleno and all airfields. Rare case I know but still, how many zombies there could be on one server? Any ideas?

Question I have. Is there any limit for Zombies now? I mean that I like to play on high pop servers, and if there is fire fight in svetlo, berezino, elektro, cherno,, zeleno and all airfields. Rare case I know but still, how many zombies there could be on one server? Any ideas?

Afaik the amount of Zs always stays the same - i may be wrong on this one, but as far as I can guess, the absolute number of Zs doesn't grow or get's smaller, since they only respawn after getting killed.

It may look like an endless stream of Zs because...well:

You shoot Z1

Z2, Z3 and Z4 are aggroed by that noise and start walking towards you, Z2 and Z3 are already closer, so you see them first.

Z1 respawns already aggroed and starts making his way towards you.

Z2 and Z3 are shot, Z4 reaches you now, Z1 come sinto your sight, Z2 and Z3 respawn.....etc. etc.

So and endless stream of Zs while there are only 4 ;)

Edited by LaughingJack

I'm very satisfied with the "new zeds".

• they're doing a good amount of damage, including bleeding.

gotta look for bandages/rags all the time :D

• spawning rate isn't that bad, imho.

• altogether everything I was waiting for

But:

Because it takes more competence and talent to patch with a working core and working AI.

sorry guys, we are truly fucked in expecting Dayz to ever be completed.

It's alpha and they have never ever done something like this on the engine before that's why they are testing it with a ( i assume ) new type of netcode. Every other event with a mass of ai ended with the client pcs almost crashing in the old games.

But the zombies are so fucking broken, that lets say the team makes adjustments to the game based on what they see now........ And then later, they fix the zombie collision and zombie AI........ Isnt that going to create all new fucking problems?   How can they test the game with poorly implemented and completely broken zombies?

Because it takes more competence and talent to patch with a working core and working AI.

Thank you for this useless comment that really brought nothing to this discussion.

Scroll a little bit up Rick, and read the post from me about the 2 mindsets of people in this forum

And now tell me, in which one do you belong?

I don't want to attack you, but for me you are the prime example for the "talker - spoiled brat" type. Or you are a troll. In that case, a bad one.

And there is an "edit" button. No need for doubleposts.

Edited by LaughingJack

So, if one player shoots at other side of town zombies go there and other side of town is empty from zombies? 

Just asking out of curiosity: Who are you to judge the devs and their abilities?

Sounds like you got insight, which I highly doubt ;)

Thank you for this useless comment that really brought nothing to this discussion.

Scroll a little bit up Rick, and read the post from me about the 2 mindsets of people in this forum

And now tell me, in which one do you belong?

I don't want to attack you, but for me you are the prime example for the "talker - spoiled brat" type. Or you are a troll. In that case, a bad one.

And there is an "edit" button. No need for doubleposts.

I hope im wrong.  .  I pray you are right and that Dayz gets better.

LOL, I just read this thread from start to finish and it's on the 7th page and is still readable, must be something wrong.

Edit: LOL at people finding the new zombie system "too unrealistic" "too hard" or any of that other crap, shooting a gun is now something people need to consider before doing, when this first hit experimental I had a few hard lessons and initially burned through a lot of bandages.  This also adds to the aspects of looting where it's not a simple matter of kill infected and loot the place, now it's kill the infected and loot carefully and remain aware of your surroundings.  If you want a dull game that barely registers as fun or challenging and feels like a second job more then anything there is plenty of MMO's out there.

Funny thing is, I bet most of the people complaining about Zombie difficulty were the same ones complaining about KoS.  So now we have an effective anti-KoS measure (don't shoot, or you're swarmed).

I can't wait to get on and try it out.

• Like 3

Cheer up nubs - this kind of patch is what legends are made of.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Rather than complain about this, we should all be using it as an opportunity to get better at the game.

• Like 1

Funny thing is, I bet most of the people complaining about Zombie difficulty were the same ones complaining about KoS.  So now we have an effective anti-KoS measure (don't shoot, or you're swarmed).

I can't wait to get on and try it out.

Yeah I was looting Bolota tents, specifically going for the sandbag lookout thing and axed a Z climbed the ladder got spotted by another. Now this fucker is lurking as the bottom of the ladder, okay shoot him climb down. by time i get to the bottom there is 5 swarming toward me and I hit full retard panic mode and start shooting like a spastic. 

I left the area with a full compliment of Z's in tow, blood pissing out of me and a dark brown stain running down my leg. 

• Like 3

You cant wait to try epic lag, worse zombie AI, fake zombie respawns that drop out of thin air in front of you, game settings thst ate completely fucked now, and the inability to see servers and lose connections every 300 seconds?   Im excited too.

i can´t even play anymore, ant need to fix the game ASAP

So, if one player shoots at other side of town zombies go there and other side of town is empty from zombies? 

Again, only a guess: Yes. Depends on the town (you can't pull that off in cherno I think ;) but for small towns this amy work. So two guys with a little bit ammo can actually loot a town: one at every end of it, one shoots and benny hills' the Zs, the other one loots.

BUT: On experimental there was a bug (or maybe intended for the meantime?) that only 4 or 5 Zs would follow you at once. As soona s you attracted another one, it would lose aggro and kept standing where it was.

I hope im wrong.  .  I pray you are right and that Dayz gets better.

I tell ya something: I also only hope that I am right ;) But I am pretty sure that we will see in some months pretty good Zs....I mean with that:

• Resonable spawning (which was already talked about, so I'm pretty sure it will come)
  • Better AI (includes Collision detection / making zs "see" walls/fences etc.)
  • Better melee (collision detection synchronized....so when you hit a Z on your screen the Z is hit. If a Z doesn't hit you on your screen it didn't hit you)

You cant wait to try epic lag, worse zombie AI, fake zombie respawns that drop out of thin air in front of you, game settings thst ate completely fucked now, and the inability to see servers and lose connections every 300 seconds?   Im excited too.

Oh C'MON Rick. Everytime  get a little bit hope from your posts for you (the last 2 ones before that were not that bad) you come up again with a useless one.

Again: Not part of the topic of this thread. No need to throw out hate again.

And I said myself already that the patch was messed up (in an appropraite thread...) for some (a lot? don't know any numbers tbh.) players, and adressed the "Zombie spawn out of thin air" thing like 10 times. Do you REALLY want me to go over it again?

And "worse" zombie AI? I mean it's far from "good" but it hasn't become worse with that patch as far as i can tell...

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

Again, only a guess: Yes. Depends on the town (you can't pull that off in cherno I think ;) but for small towns this amy work. So two guys with a little bit ammo can actually loot a town: one at every end of it, one shoots and benny hills' the Zs, the other one loots.

BUT: On experimental there was a bug (or maybe intended for the meantime?) that only 4 or 5 Zs would follow you at once. As soona s you attracted another one, it would lose aggro and kept standing where it was.

I tell ya something: I also only hope that I am right ;) But I am pretty sure that we will see in some months pretty good Zs....I mean with that:

• Resonable spawning (which was already talked about, so I'm pretty sure it will come)
  • Better AI (includes Collision detection / making zs "see" walls/fences etc.)
  • Better melee (collision detection synchronized....so when you hit a Z on your screen the Z is hit. If a Z doesn't hit you on your screen it didn't hit you)

Oh C'MON Rick. Everytime  get a little bit hope from your posts for you (the last 2 ones before that were not that bad) you come up again with a useless one.

Again: Not part of the topic of this thread. No need to throw out hate again.

And I said myself already that the patch was messed up (in an appropraite thread...) for some (a lot? don't know any numbers tbh.) players, and adressed the "Zombie spawn out of thin air" thing like 10 times. Do you REALLY want me to go over it again?

And "worse" zombie AI? I mean it's far from "good" but it hasn't become worse with that patch as far as i can tell...

Sorry.  You are right.  I have been a complete ass.  I really do want the game to succeed.   I will try to be more positive.  Admins, please dont ban me, i will be more pleasant starting now.  I wont give up on dayz yet.   I wont.

• Like 1

Thx for trying to answer my stupid questions Laughing Jack, take my beans. Must go and test myself for more info. 

Seriously they're moaning about zombies already? I didn't even notice any difference when I was at Balota.

Climb the stairs dumbass!! So they run around getting hit when the ultimate get away is to hop up a few steps?

I hope they make the zombies one hit kill everyone now.

Thx for trying to answer my stupid questions Laughing Jack, take my beans. Must go and test myself for more info. 

You're welcome :) And do me a favor and tell me the outcome of the experiment :)