LaughingJack (DayZ)

It has happened...

Yes it is rly broken in experimental also, had about 20 zeds come at me and another player in a field in berenzion over about 3 mins. But... its flipping hilarious and yeh they are a threat a crazy lol threat.

Only downside is a reported fix of zombies having a far lower chance to cause bleeding has flipped 180 and now seems to have a 90% chance, which tbh there isnt enough tees/bandages/hoodies/shirts in game to deal with.

I don't know why it's so funny. The zombies don't make the game difficult, just tedious to play when three or more of them are repeatedly respawning right in front of you and chasing you through walls. They really should re-think having respawns in at this point at least until they don't behave more like ghosts with ESP.

I don't know why it's so funny. The zombies don't make the game difficult, just tedious to play when three or more of them are repeatedly respawning right in front of you and chasing you through walls. They really should re-think having respawns in at this point at least until they don't behave more like ghosts with ESP.

totally. Zeds should be present in an area and patrol it but not spawn on the spot. Illogical and potential game breaker.

Honestly if there was just like a minute delay between respawns it probably wouldn't be near as insane but still difficult and you'd have to be careful.  If you kept shooting you'd attract the respawns as well since I doubt you'd get all the zombies at once.

Moar zombies please. :)

But obviously I agree with the suggestion made by everybody here, they need to be properly fixed, but the fact that they become a major thread should be the core of this game, I did not pay for another Shooter with zombies in it, I think I payed for the early access to a survival game on a zombie outbreak.

• Like 1

Yes and no, if Im reading correctly Zeds now can respawn? this is not overly good imo. You should still be able to clear an area so looting can take place,

Spawning mechanics will be revised - and hopefully they account for that, as I agree that 'clearing an area' should grant a temporary, brief, reprieve in certain cases.

I loved it! I had to park my ass in the middle of a field under a tree, and keep my head on a swivel for almost 5 minutes as the zombies kept respawning and aggroing on me. It took almost 40 rounds of ammo to drop them all and clear a 200+ meter radius that gave me enough comfort to log out. 

This zombie respawning alone is making the update so much more fun, and I didnt have nearly enough time to see all the new shit yet.  

The tears from the QQers are going to be plentiful. My unicorn tree is going to be well fed now :) hahah

• Like 1

I assume this is all on experimental branch?

Stable as of today.

Stable

Woo! Can't wait to leave work & play! The more zombies the better

Woo! Can't wait to leave work & play! The more zombies the better

You might feel differently if you end up with 3+ of them insta-respawning over and over again every time you kill them. :ph34r:

More the better to be honest, It will change the game in a new direction and make people work together or even work temporary together to achieve there own goals. To run/hide and survive!

After all, you are a survivor !

Edited by w00kie
  • Like 1

Awesome it is, forcing players to use firearm to kill zombie or be much more careful, that will change the game no doubt!

both of them things I had to do just to find a single tin of beans, I love zombies being a threat now :)

More the better to be honest, It will change the game in a new direction and make people work together or even work temporary together to achieve there own goals. To run/hide and survive!

After all, you are a survivor !

Already experienced that on Experimental. Had a situation at Krasnostav where I was being attacked by another player while visiting the jail (yes, a jail there now!). Got to the roof and he was trying to snipe, and then got run off by 6 zeds - long enough for me and another player in the area to duck out. He had a mosin and had to switch to an axe and those feet to stay alive. It was the first time for me personally where the Zeds made a difference in the game. More Zeds please!

It seems the Z's attacks also became more dangerous. They seem to cause bleeding more oftenly than before.

The zombies are definitely on a good way, but It'll still take  a lot of work until they are at least acceptable.

It seems the Z's attacks also became more dangerous. They seem to cause bleeding more oftenly than before.

The zombies are definitely on a good way, but It'll still take  a lot of work until they are at least acceptable.

they are more than acceptable for this stage in the development process, would be awesome if they where also working on hordes.

I was running to north today, and looted Guglovo, Gorka, Dubrovka and Gvozdno but I did not see respawn of zeds. I killed those what I met with my axe and waited more to come but no. But axe swing is now cooler imo. Are they respawning by sound or what?

i love the fact they are now harder, their is now a slight threat when playing. Before your threat was people, now its zeds, then people, with a mixture of broken legs and bullet wounds :)

• Like 1

@Rage

I meant acceptable for a properly playable game. In the current state of the game the zombies are, well adequate. I don't wanna call em good since they stil teleport and run through walls, but that's alpha stuff...

You go ahead and laugh... But did you play the Vanilla Mod shortly before the alpha came out?

They introduced a patch that made the zeds very deadly. The result was swift and simple: players left.

• Like 1

Well, I didn't play the mod, but I can imagine that there are quite a lot of people who prefer the pvp battle royale aspect of the game. Those might be not pleased by harder zombies that allow them less freedom in their pvp approach.

However, DayZ is not a typical shooter. The player encounters surely are the most interesting at the game, but a zombie survival game needs zombies, that well...threaten your survival.

Besides, player encounters that only include blasting the other guy's brains out are surely not very interesting in the long run. A harsher survival aspect might actually encourage people to more cooperation and more diverse playstyles.

In other words, harder zombies and more challenging survival would benefit the game in it's role as apocalyptic survival game. Some people will love it, others will hate it. There is a point where a game has to decide what it wants to be.

For me it would be sad if DayZ ended up as free-for-all shooter with a survival aspect, but others will think differently.

• Like 3

I like the fact that zombies actually hurt now when they hit. With that being said, i'm hoping they fix there spawns extremely soon because a lot of people are going to be aggravated by it. I was on NE airfield and can say it was more annoying then fun to play today. I cleared all the zeds. Then i would start running and at least 5 times one would randomly spawn in close proximity to me, already be aggroed at me, make no noise at all, then hit me and cause me to bleed.  I like that they make you bleed now (though i think their damage is too high atm, considering im wearing full worn-pristine military gear, healthy, hydrated, and energized, and one hit brings me to bleeding without lowering gear durability) and i also like that they respawn. But the fact that they respawn so quickly and in such close proximity is ridiculous. Especially the fact that they are already aggroed to you upon spawn and make no noise until they hit you.

You go ahead and laugh... But did you play the Vanilla Mod shortly before the alpha came out?

They introduced a patch that made the zeds very deadly. The result was swift and simple: players left.

Yeah...just got back from a looting run in Berezino with a buddy on a hardcore vanilla server ( 1P yadayada )...1000000 zeds behind me i barely got away with like 100 blood or so. Lucky me i didn't collapse while running away while he ran them over with a tractor we found a few hours ago. Along with the lack of medical equipment, weapons and ammo a deadly combination. And we already died one tiem each today....he was squashed between the tractor and a tree and i caught his axe to the face because he was on edge and i scared the shit out of him :lol: coming down the stairs. Lucky enough we didn't have any player encounters.

Edited by Enforcer

I actually like that they spawn aggroed to you if you kill some with a loud weapon/do loud stuff out  in the open. Learned the hard way going to test out an sks for the first time in exp, it was glorious. 

Now we just need to make the AI less wonky, and add even MORE of them, maybe finally root out all of the death matchers and let us survivalists shine.

I was running to north today, and looted Guglovo, Gorka, Dubrovka and Gvozdno but I did not see respawn of zeds. I killed those what I met with my axe and waited more to come but no. But axe swing is now cooler imo. Are they respawning by sound or what?

You got it. Even bandaging/reloading/drinking will cause them to respawn, or so was my experience in exp last. Axes are the way to go until you've cleared a town. I can see pvp being moved to out in the wilderness now, that'll make it interesting.
Edited by Amias Free
  • Like 2