LaughingJack (DayZ)

It has happened...

Disappointing how this game only regresses further and further into the original mod because devs have given up on trying to make anything special. Did I say devs, sorry, I meant modders.

Oh cmon. You're better than that highlander.

zed spawning is goddamn crazy right now. they are popping up in millions (maybe not quite...) and i've had zeds spawn like few meters away from me. it's insane. i also mentioned on the other thread about zeds spawning on roofs of buildings and running down from there.

lmfao what in the f*ck

yes, but the current spawning rate is absolute bullshit when combined with the fact that server often doesn't detect your hits with axe for example. it's often about pure luck to deliver a hit on zombie before they hit you.

first, make melee work

THEN add more zeds

Agreed, melee could be better we all know that. I hope it does get some kind of an improvement. Personally I use the baseball bat, because while I know it doesn't hit as hard it does a wide swing. Therefore I rarely miss with it. Equals more zombies on the floor per minute. That should be a metred scale in some wiki somewhere. Avg Z hit floor per min hehe.

lmfao what in the f*ck

Yeah happened in exp as well. Sometimes they (re) spawn on roofs....and run down on you...and they don't break their legs. Tough beasts ;)

Agreed, melee could be better we all know that. I hope it does get some kind of an improvement. Personally I use the baseball bat, because while I know it doesn't hit as hard it does a wide swing. Therefore I rarely miss with it. Equals more zombies on the floor per minute. That should be a metred scale in some wiki somewhere. Avg Z hit floor per min hehe.

Oh my I hate that thing. Use a Pitchfork or a hoe ;) Those are priceless ;)

• Like 1

i guess i gotta try it too.

thanks to some further bugging with the zeds, i was able to test my theory;

sometimes the zeds don't detect you, and you can walk right next to them to take a fool-proof hit with axe, but nuh-uh! sometimes it detects the hit with the first swing, sometimes i have to repeat the swing like 5 times before the server registers the hit.

despite all this ranting, i'm really liking the new patch. lots of cool new stuff.

Edited by komadose

Yeah happened in exp as well. Sometimes they (re) spawn on roofs....and run down on you...and they don't break their legs. Tough beasts ;)

O wow, this will be interesting. I am actually kind of glad, because all of those "sitting" players wont be sitting for much longer ;)

Before the update we would round them up into hordes and then lay waste to them.

This is on the docks of Svetlojarsk.

I'm far left in blue. We used to do this pretty regularly just for something to do. Looks like now we won't have to. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

The first QQ thread about too many and too hard Zombies in Dayz has occured on reddit. And while I wait for one in this forum *sheds a tear of joy* I'll share this gem with you:

Oh the joy that such posts bring to me... -> happy panda is happy :)

Edit: before it starts again: Yes the respawning mechanic is too simple. Yes, they shouldn't spawn in your sight. Yes, the shouldn't spawn already aggroed by you. And I think these things will all be considered, since the implemented spawn mechanic is only a first prototype :)

And yes, i have played on exp, and no, it never happened to me that a Z spaned in my sight or that a  spawned aggroed by me (I'm not sure on this one totally. May heard me, may not. It seems to happen.) Yes, Z wall glitch is bad. I know that. Everybody knows that.

The tears, the golden tears of anger, they are my life blood!

More zombies and people complaining, really?

That's actually a good thing and something else to do in the game.

I say we need even more zombies.

• Like 1

More zombies and people complaining, really?

That's actually a good thing and something else to do in the game.

I say we need even more zombies.

Trust me, nothing will make zombies scarrier then removing infinite stamina from players, so they can't run forever. Also item weight and fatique.

• Like 7

they are FINALLY a threat. At first when I logged on today I wasn't aware of the changes, so I was just running arround careless like I always do when im fresh spawn. Needless to say that the zombie hit me once and I bled out coz I coudlnt find a bandage. Suddenly there were 5 zombies on me and they kept coming, more of them. Yayyyy !!! 

I just hope they do something about the zombies inside buildings coz that's really HORRIBLE. They are swimming in the floor, walking through all of the walls and doors which is stupid. I think zombies should'nt even be allowed to go into buildings, if the doors are closed. 

1. take your t-shirt off slowly in a sexual manner

2 tear it into rags

3 rub them down your face

4.???

5.bandage yourself up using the rags you sexually assaulted.

• Like 1

Trust me, nothing will make zombies scarrier then removing infinite stamina from players, so they can't run forever. Also item weight and fatique.

:beans:

I can't wait for that to happen....^^

• Like 1

I am also reminded of this awesome conversation I had with this good friend of mine about wildlife vs zombies. We started talking about hordes of zombies in the cities and how close the devs are to implementing wildlife mainly the predator/prey groups. I had 1 really awesome scenario play out in my mind that lead to a really interesting question. If a mass human extinction were to occur I believe the large predator groups would thrive i.e Bears, Large cats, Wolves.

So say a mature black bear is driven into an urban area (insert your logical reasoning here). In said city there is a mass of zombies in the area that the bear's nose leads him to and a bear vs zombie battle thus ensues. I think this would be something really immersive to witness. How cool would it be to "friend" a black bear because you helped him fight off the horde. My final thought on this was ...How many zombies would it take to kill a fully grown black bear?

Just me thinks.......

Edited by SuPaFuNk
  • Like 1

Swarms and swarms of them please. That mosin and LRS will have a completely different use when you can't just park on a hillside and wait for Bambi to walk by - especially after that first shot. They need to fix the physics for certain, but I'm ok with the game changing to a survival fight first...

• Like 1

Oh the joy that such posts bring to me... -> happy panda is happy :)

Awesome it is, forcing players to use firearm to kill zombie or be much more careful, that will change the game no doubt!

it's often about pure luck to deliver a hit on zombie before they hit you.

You tried anticipating the hit? I do that all the time now (not tried new update however): run straight at them and swing my axe before they are close to me, works everytime but timing must be right!

• Like 1

Swarms and swarms of them please. That mosin and LRS will have a completely different use when you can't just park on a hillside and wait for Bambi to walk by - especially after that first shot. They need to fix the physics for certain, but I'm ok with the game changing to a survival fight first...

Yes and no, if Im reading correctly Zeds now can respawn? this is not overly good imo. You should still be able to clear an area so looting can take place,

You tried anticipating the hit? I do that all the time now (not tried new update however): run straight at them and swing my axe before they are close to me, works everytime but timing must be right!

i even tried hitting zombies that stand still. sometimes it hits, sometimes it doesn't.

i even tried hitting zombies that stand still. sometimes it hits, sometimes it doesn't.

Best thing against this is to make sure join servers not too full and with very low pings. Helps for me!

Sounds like it's finally time for me to come back to the SA :)

Just don't use a crowbar. That thing is too short with the new melee animation...you only can hit a Z with it when it attacks you - otherwise you can't get close enough^^

Take a pitchfork or a hoe ;) That hits everything^^

Ive been encountering way more zombies while up on hills and such.  Places I used to not see any are now not safe...and it is awesome.

• Like 2