LaughingJack (DayZ)

It has happened...

Are you seriously saying that the devs had to add a new way for zombies to spawn............ In a way that will never be acceptable in the final game...... while the collision is broken.......... In order to test and for development?     Well guess what, They will learn nothing from broken zombies.    If they claim they are testing server load, thats ridiculous.   Competent gaming engineers should already know how the game and network architecture will handle what they can think of adding into the game.     Thats why we have fucking math.

It's alpha and they have never ever done something like this on the engine before that's why they are testing it with a ( i assume ) new type of netcode. Every other event with a mass of ai ended with the client pcs almost crashing in the old games.

Everyone in this thread should read my signature.

they gave you a fair warning that it's going to have game breaking problems, so saying it's alpha is totally valid. this game is for testing purposes at this stage, so what are you expecting? a fully functional product?

they gave you a fair warning that it's going to have game breaking problems, so saying it's alpha is totally valid. this game is for testing purposes at this stage, so what are you expecting? a fully functional product?

Rule 9.

Stop saying "alpha" as though it is some sort of excuse.

Do you want to buy my new car? It's in alpha, so it MIGHT blow up and kill your family. If it does though, that's totally okay because we said it might happen! You can't be mad!

Everyone in this thread should read my signature.

It's not black or white...

"ZOMBIES WALK THRU WALLS WA WA WA WAW AW AW AW AWAWA"..

This issue has been addressed, and is being worked on by the team.. therefor "it's alpha" is an appropriate response.

"Current weapon mechanics are totally unrealistic, not fun, not rewarding, are a bad design decision, and in essence are totally fucked"

I believe that's a valid complaint that hasn't been (fully) addressed, and "it's alpha, waaa", is not an appropriate response.

• Like 2

That's interesting, I personally think that your acceptable/unacceptable responses should be switched but I see where you're coming from about it not being as black and white as I make it seem.

Rule 9.

Stop saying "alpha" as though it is some sort of excuse.

Do you want to buy my new car? It's in alpha, so it MIGHT blow up and kill your family. If it does though, that's totally okay because we said it might happen! You can't be mad!

awful allegory, to be honest.

i have a better one; you buy a real estate from a building that they have just started working on. you are allowed to visit the construction site to see how it's coming along, but would you go there shouting "WTF?! i can't live in this shithole when there's no roof, no windows, no nothing!"

• Like 1

awful allegory, to be honest.

i have a better one; you buy a real estate from a building that they have just started working on. you are allowed to visit the construction site to see how it's coming along, but would you go there shouting "WTF?! i can't live in this shithole when there's no roof, no windows, no nothing!"

Do you mean analogy...?

I think you do.

What if they said they were going to work on it and get the house finished so you could live there, but every time you come by to see how things are coming they break 2 things for every one thing they add? You come by one day and the roof and windows are there and looking great. Next time you come visit, the windows are all broken and the roof leaks. But they painted a wall!

Edited by SupermotoJunkie

Do you mean analogy...?

I think you do. I stopped reading there :)

analogy, what ever. english is not my native language, but if that stopped you reading further so be it. godspeed and happy gaming.

I replied, it isn't fair to say that I stopped reading there since that would be ridiculous if I refused to read something that disagrees with me just because it might make me wrong. I think you will like my response.

What if they said they were going to work on it and get the house finished so you could live there, but every time you come by to see how things are coming they break 2 things for every one thing they add? You come by one day and the roof and windows are there and looking great. Next time you come visit, the windows are all broken and the roof leaks. But they painted a wall!

haha! well i guess that's better. i'd still trust them to make it all good before i move in.

my point being that they told that it's not worth it's price tag at this point, nor did they guarantee functionality. i don't know about you, but i've seen game breaking patches in retail games too, but then you are allowed to rage your brains out if you feel like it imo. alpha is still a testing ground, so i think it's allowed. it's bullshit, but it's allowed. and the reason it's bullshit is because i like this game already in it's alpha state.

• Like 1

That's interesting, I personally think that your acceptable/unacceptable responses should be switched but I see where you're coming from about it not being as black and white as I make it seem.

The difference is, they have announced many times that they're working on zombies, and while I personally do not write the game off because I believe they will correct the gun mechanics, they've made no official announcement one way or the other. Perhaps it's not the best example, as it's very likely that they will fix it eventually.. However there are other bugs which are "valid" complaints on the communities part. For example: when people would get stuck "dead" indefinitely. 

I love it when people have a whinge for the sake of it.

Really, people either have their standards way too fucking high or they were too stupid to read before they bought the product and thus want to reassure themselves that they're right to be mad.

Honestly, some just need to be patient or bite the bullet and leave the game until it's up to your own standards.

totally. Zeds should be present in an area and patrol it but not spawn on the spot. Illogical and potential game breaker.

True enough, but since the game is in production this is the best way to measure what to do next. An alpha isn't exactly a playable game...

• Like 2

i like that thay are a threat now, thay are a bit of a challenge, i like it, but there is server problems. 

You actually buy a lot of vehicles in alpha stage tbh...why else would they have product recalls if they were already finished?  <_<

From what I've played and read so far, they are a bit too close respawning, yes, but also I think they shouldn't be already aggroed at you. Doesn't really make sense.

Rocket said they planned to let them roam, let's hope they manage to make them persistent and not spawn when you are around or else you could just play the mod and save your money tbh. If they keep the difficulty and make them at least semipersistent ( roaming and spawning zeds ) i am close to buying it...They shouldn't care about players dropping out because they expected a deathmatch with zombie decoration, thee are other zombie apocalypse games to do just that, they gave their money and knew what the game would become - no reason to fret now.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

That you don't read something you quote and actually just repeat what already is stated there (yes, the part that starts with the "Edit:") in an answer to a quote is a new level of ignorance.

Also, one more time, the steps of DayZ development:

• DayZ Early Access Alpha: Feature development, during which the vast majority of major bugs are created/occur.
  • DayZ Early Access Beta: Content development, during which the "meat on the bones" is added to the title, alongside the beginnings of major bug fixing surrounding issues created during the feature development of alpha.
  • DayZ Early Access RC (Final Beta stages): Bug Fix, optimization, and balancing. During which the stone is polished, until the DayZ dev team feels the title is ready to go live.

Which means: Bugs occur now and are created now (yes, this includes the Z wall glitch and the spawn out of thin air) but are not immedeately fixed, because the main focus is the development of teh core mechanics not bugfixing, except for really gamebreaking bugs (Memory leak, CTDs etc.) Deal with it or come back when DayZ hits Beta.

YES!

Yeah, also my experience from the exp. servrs. But it has become a little bit harder to survive. And that is goooood.

YES!

Yep, but the bug is, that you don't auto-raise it when you have it lowered and click, the state that you have to put it in "attack" mode before swinging will stay.

So it's on the same level with guns (lowered stance - attack stance) for melee now. But is has been stated that this is  known already and that it will be dealt with.

Once again, thread tl;dr, the key points are all here. Gettin' real tired of the whining about broken game mechanics.

• Like 1

want to trade mosin with LRS for fire axe

• Like 5

So verdict after playing for about 2h last night, Im liking the Zombies changes. OK so with the lag while logging in it can get messy but overall its a great change. Basically now Zeds are all over the game and not only confined to towns/villages. Liking the new Axe action and if tackled right the Zeds are still easy enough to eliminate. Best I found is M4 with A LOT of ammo to deal with them.

sure you can pickup a Fireaxe in any of the Firestations! Easiest weapon to find imo.

I wonder why every thread ends in this excruciatingly annoying "it's broken pls fix - It's ALPHA - Alpha is no valid argument gtfo" argument.

I wonder why every thread ends in this excruciatingly annoying "it's broken pls fix - It's ALPHA - Alpha is no valid argument gtfo" argument.

I have a theory about that :)

Because there are 2 mindsets:

1. The "talker": He wants to suggest, critic, whine, complain (chose one). He has two subcategories:
    1. the spoiled brat: Doesn't understand what an alpha is and whines about bugs, changes he doesn't like etc.
    2. the reporter:  tries to help in development (but just took the wrong route by posting in general discussion) and understands what an alpha is: the time to make suggestions and help steering the direction of the game
  2. The "silent": He doesn't want to suggest, critic, whine, complain in the General discussion, since he either knows that it's useless or because he thinks that it has been saif ebfore/will be said by someone else He has 3 subcategories:
    1. The Explainer: Tries to explain why an alpha is an alpha and how it works
    2. The Screamer: Was probably an explainer before, is fed up with explaining (or just never wanted to) and just screams alpha because people don't read explanations
    3. The Fanboy: Screams alpha to defend the devs (saw that this was working), without knowing what he is talking about

And trolls. But well, they just do this thinsg for fun or annoyance, so they don't count here.

Let's take the two categories of posters that are actually not useless: An explainer and a reporter.

Explainer, reporter and some screamer know that the game is in alpha state and what that means, maybe they even know something about the development process, while the others don't know or don't care about it.

But explainers and reporter don't understand one another, because explainers think that reporters are also from the spoiled brat category and reporter think that explainers are fanboys.

So both know, that the game is in alpha.

Both know, that glitches, bugs and worse things etc. occur and will not be dealt with immedeately.

While the first ones think "ok, alpha, it will change", the second one feel the need to adress the problem in General Discussion.

So the first ones get annoyed, because they know about this thing and know that it will change and feel that the thread is unnecessary and just complaining about something that will change no matter what and tell them to the reporters.

Which leads to annoyance by the reporters, because they think, that the explainer wants the problem to be ignored and say that the game is flawless, so they start argumenting that the game is NOT flawless and things should be adressed.

So now, nboth are annoyed by the ignorance from the other and start screaming...

And now for a worse case, a thread including every category of poster here:

A "Talker" (no matter which one) makes a thread concerning something he wants to complain/Whine/talk/suggest/whatever about. Let's assume it's a "reporter", he saw something (e.g. Zombies spawn out of thin air) that he thinks has to be adressed.

A "Silent" sees it (assume it's an explainer) and tells him why he thinks it is that way and that it is going to be changed anyway.

Another talker, a "spoiled brat" sees the threadtitel and starts screaming that the game is broken, unplayable and the worst patch in history of mankind

Another "Silent", a "Screamer" sees that and starts "Alphering" the thread.

The first one, the "reporter" feels annoyed, because he knows that it is an alpha and he only wanted to help by adressing the topic and starts with explaining, but leaves his own thread

But a fanboy comes, and shouts all over the place

Another spoiled brat comes, posting that BI robbed him and how he hates the game and what other games are so superior and that they suck at programming etc.

Fanboy starts screaming with him, calling names, spoiled brat returns the favor

Explainer feels like a preacher in the desert but tries again to show the spoiled brat why these things will happen in an alpha and how development works

the spoiled brat wont lsiten and starts with the same things he got explained again

The explainer gets sick of it and leaves the thread alone, the fanboys, the screamers and the spoiled brats continue screaming at one another with said things until the thread goes down and wents to page 3 of the GD where it dies in peace.

Now you never have to read a thread again in this forum, because you know now, how they work and what will happen in them.

• Like 4

LOL, I just read this thread from start to finish and it's on the 7th page and is still readable, must be something wrong.

Edit: LOL at people finding the new zombie system "too unrealistic" "too hard" or any of that other crap, shooting a gun is now something people need to consider before doing, when this first hit experimental I had a few hard lessons and initially burned through a lot of bandages.  This also adds to the aspects of looting where it's not a simple matter of kill infected and loot the place, now it's kill the infected and loot carefully and remain aware of your surroundings.  If you want a dull game that barely registers as fun or challenging and feels like a second job more then anything there is plenty of MMO's out there.

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 2

I have mine painted green dude. Its pretty freaking sweet haha.