Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

193.111.141.102:2338  DayZ DE 0-4 (Experimental/Testing) - Accelerated Time Test

193.111.141.102:2326  DayZ DE 0-3 (Experimental/Testing) - Accelerated Time Test

193.111.141.102:2314  DayZ DE 0-2 (Experimental/Testing) - Accelerated Time Test

193.111.141.102:2302  DayZ DE 0-1 (Experimental/Testing) - Accelerated Time Test

Those 4 are online.

I haven't been able to find any of those in the server list.

Not sure what's going on.

I haven't been able to find any of those in the server list.

Not sure what's going on.

I was able to get on DE 0-4  earlier and play until about 4PM CST, at which time I was booted and then unable to find any of them again ..   guess they brought them down.

While playing on it, I had no issues with lag or desync. Played pretty smooth for me, even with a 140-ish ping.

I was able to get on DE 0-4  earlier and play until about 4PM CST, at which time I was booted and then unable to find any of them again ..   guess they brought them down.

While playing on it, I had no issues with lag or desync. Played pretty smooth for me, even with a 140-ish ping.

likewise - and that was with all the crap I forgot to turn off runnin the background.

The Zeds are fast...... scary....... gives me goosebumps when they suddenly appear while i am looting and scared s$#!% out of me...... Loving it as they are now a threat.

But have not seen any hordes yet....

it looks like. I'm playing on stable and yesterday night - aprox. 9PM EST - Steam started to download a small patch of < 200mb. Since then i've got the rubberbanding and right now its such a huge problem, that i can't play anymore. One of my friends is playing too, he got the same problem. All the people i met ingame got the same problem.

Youtube Link follows.

here it is, sorry for the bad quality - wanted to upload it asap:

As said above, ~12 hours ago everything was fine. Since that weird patch it's a mess. It doesn't matter if i switch between stable and exp.

That looks like that movie "Cell" (not sure on the name) It's like you can't get out of the house. I haven't played for 6 dayz now. It's been so bad. I've tried so many things on how to get around the desync. Some of my friends are not having the problem...and that kind of sucks. So they play and I watch Mr BlackOut or Frankie play.

68 pages of whining :rolleyes:

im going to rezzed guyz!

ill be back on Monday to tell ya'll how it went!

:D  :beans:  :beans: :beans:  

Idk I have been rubberbanding since the last update and I haven't tried to play since this mini patch was input.

Me too. I played for ten minutes and it seemed okay, then I rubberbanded back to a factory and a zombie killed me in two blows!

... I haven't played for 6 dayz now. It's been so bad. I've tried so many things on how to get around the desync. Some of my friends are not having the problem...and that kind of sucks. So they play and I watch Mr BlackOut or Frankie play.

6 days? Funny, there are exactly 6 days since last major fix. The game is playable since then. :)

68 pages of whining :rolleyes:

im going to rezzed guyz!

ill be back on Monday to tell ya'll how it went!

:D :beans: :beans: :beans:

Well hello ;)

Would you kindly consider to have a look at these then:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/21ix06/are_you_going_to_rezzed_would_you_like_to_have/

Ty

• Like 1

Well hello ;)

Would you kindly consider to have a look at these then:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/21ix06/are_you_going_to_rezzed_would_you_like_to_have/

Ty

hey joe....you are trying on Reddit now... :P  will probably not take 1000+ posts there to get some answers directly from the devs I guess....

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

Played this morning for maybe 2 hours without any problem (new char, nearly empty UK server).. was then stopped by massive rubberbanding (was not able to leave Castle Rog anymore)... tried again in the afternoon...gave up, frustrated after loosing connection for 5 times in a row... :(

So I played for a couple of hours last night for the first time after this patch initially launched. Aside from having lost my Long Range Mosin through all the desync issues (my own fault - I was dual wielding), I managed to survive any "invisible assaults" and am still skulking about my corner of the map.  Zeds are much better (challenge is good, right?) and most of the desync issues seem to be resolved.

Still seem to get the odd rubber banding tho, which I hadn't experienced before.  Seems to mainly be when sprinting out of buildings, I'll be RB'd back into the inside of the building - usually running in a corner.

All in all a great patch tho - lot's of great stuff added. keep up the good work...

So I played for a couple of hours last night for the first time after this patch initially launched. Aside from having lost my Long Range Mosin through all the desync issues (my own fault - I was dual wielding), I managed to survive any "invisible assaults" and am still skulking about my corner of the map.  Zeds are much better (challenge is good, right?) and most of the desync issues seem to be resolved.

Still seem to get the odd rubber banding tho, which I hadn't experienced before.  Seems to mainly be when sprinting out of buildings, I'll be RB'd back into the inside of the building - usually running in a corner.

All in all a great patch tho - lot's of great stuff added. keep up the good work...

Were you holding a 2 handed weapon while sprinting out of buildings?

Hicks mentioned a bug with that, they cause rubberbanding AFAIK.

Dayz Standalone Road Map Development – Rezzed 2014

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-standalone-road-map-development-rezzed-2014/

I was really hoping stuff like helicopters would not make it into SA. Yes I know, it was there in the mod. But really. Just consider how survivor John Doe finds a car and uses it to drive to the next town. Maybe John can even repair smaller problems. Yepp, alright. Let' imagine the same John Doe find's a helicopter. Even assuming the thing is all right, how long will it take him to figure out how to get it flying? Let us assume further he managed to leave ground. Do you really think he will manage to even fly in the direction he wants to go? How high is the probability that he will crash within a minute? Or his chances of a save landing if he manages not to crash immediately?

I mean there are people in this forum complaining about maximum horizontal movement of being to unrealistic with raw input, it has to be slower and harder to aim a rifle. I am not complaining about such arguments, but if we want "realism", then let's stick with it:

Put in helicopters with

- random machine or other failures, after all no one is maintaining them

- give one out of several thousand survivors the ability to fly those things (he/she should then also know about that, acquired the skill in their previous life)

- estimate the chances of successfully flying it for the rest of the survivors and let them die if they are not extemely lucky

- give some survivors (also very few) the ability to check and repair helicopters, decreasing the chance of machine or other failures

All other things in the game are pretty basic, even if one would need training. There is guns, hinting, using an axe or other stuff as melee weapons, driving bicycles or cars, cooking, barricading... . Helicopters are something else entirely.

Finally, does it really enrich the game? I can't imagine that. But maybe I am just too noobish. But for me all those experienced dayz gamers here that complain about whining of noobs and insisting that this is not some CoD should fight with all their might against the inclusion of helicopters in the game.

Planes is a similar topic, but if someone held a gun to my head and said "Jump into the plane or helicopter and fly the that place over there five miles in that direction or I will shoot you", I would instinctively take the plane. But the same question, will planes enrich the game?

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 2

I was really hoping stuff like helicopters would not make it into SA. Yes I know, it was there in the mod. But really. Just consider how survivor John Doe finds a car and uses it to drive to the next town. Maybe John can even repair smaller problems. Yepp, alright. Let' imagine the same John Doe find's a helicopter. Even assuming the thing is all right, how long will it take him to figure out how to get it flying? Let us assume further he managed to leave ground. Do you really think he will manage to even fly in the direction he wants to go? How high is the probability that he will crash within a minute? Or his chances of a save landing?

Assuming for a moment that I would actually live in such an environment, I can picture many things but not people flying in helicopters over my head. That is a skill only a survivor could have that flew helicopters before the apokalypse. As far as I know those thinigs also aren't low maintainance. What's the percentage of people in society that can fly one and keep it in shape to fly?

Finally, does it really enrich the game? I can't imagine that. But maybe I am just too noobish.

Actually I am right there with you, I can't see this improving the gameplay or at least not if it doesn't have any other impact then flying around the map shooting/picking up people.

The only reason I would want to have those is by adding this as the endgame, a server fighting for the helicopter parts so they can fly away into a safezone. Add the same thing with a Boat/Train and some Point/Ranking system, there you go.  

• Like 1

Oh I forgot. I of course expect every zed within 3 km to race to helicopter landing points. That is definitely neccessary.

I was really hoping stuff like helicopters would not make it into SA. Yes I know, it was there in the mod. But really. Just consider how survivor John Doe finds a car and uses it to drive to the next town. Maybe John can even repair smaller problems. Yepp, alright. Let' imagine the same John Doe find's a helicopter. Even assuming the thing is all right, how long will it take him to figure out how to get it flying? Let us assume further he managed to leave ground. Do you really think he will manage to even fly in the direction he wants to go? How high is the probability that he will crash within a minute? Or his chances of a save landing if he manages not to crash immediately?

I mean there are people in this forum complaining about maximum horizontal movement of being to unrealistic with raw input, it has to be slower and harder to aim a rifle. I am not complaining about such arguments, but if we want "realism", then let's stick with it:

Put in helicopters with

- random machine or other failures, after all no one is maintaining them

- give one out of several thousand survivors the ability to fly those things (he/she should then also know about that, acquired the skill in their previous life)

- estimate the chances of successfully flying it for the rest of the survivors and let them die if they are not extemely lucky

- give some survivors (also very few) the ability to check and repair helicopters, decreasing the chance of machine or other failures

All other things in the game are pretty basic, even if one would need training. There is guns, hinting, using an axe or other stuff as melee weapons, driving bicycles or cars, cooking, barricading... . Helicopters are something else entirely.

Finally, does it really enrich the game? I can't imagine that. But maybe I am just too noobish. But for me all those experienced dayz gamers here that complain about whining of noobs and insisting that this is not some CoD should fight with all their might against the inclusion of helicopters in the game.

Planes is a similar topic, but if someone held a gun to my head and said "Jump into the plane or helicopter and fly the that place over there five miles in that direction or I will shoot you, I would instinctively take the plane." But the same question, will planes enrich the game?

75% of the community would love it with helicopters with there other dressed like the military mates. Just replace "VC" with "bandit/koser/griefer/noob" in the clip. :D

• Like 2

Helicopters! Like MEATSPIN! Forget it.. Better idea is to get some hang gliders and run em down from hills.

Highly anticipated  features. I would love to see 4 hours day/night cycle servers like in the Origins mod.

If they are going to increase loot spawn (map quarters and whatnots), I still would like to see less military spawn, especially ammo. It's ridiculous how much one gets gear before even breaking a sweat. Dead, fresh spawn, 400 ammo and a gun within an hour? Yeah right. Ammo scarcity = increases survival.

Edited by Kuikka
  • Like 1

I hope helicopters dont make it into the game too. People keep asking for more guns and helicopters, why not just play Arma instead?

• Like 2

If they add copters, and allow for parachutes, I really hope that the chance for parachutes to open properly is like 25% :D Hopefully the physics engine will also allow for splattered bodies.

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 2