Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

I have experimental installed, don't know if it is different from stable at the moment though, because I think I was on a normal server...

Ok, I already left the awesome zed feedback in the post-patch-zombie-feedback thread. Short: One waited outside a corner pub,watching me through the window. When I moved in the direction of the door, it went there too and actually entered through it. Awesome!

Besides that it was the smoothest gameplay up to this date for me. I did not have a single rubberbanding. The server was more than half full. Yesterday it was great for rubber enthusiasts even when I was with only five other people on the server. Also close quatter pvp against two other players on the roof of a police station was great. I really need to find a low weight screen capture software...

the zombie respawn is soo bad, like literally i was in fight in balota with other people and the zombies just keep spawning, now not the problem is the spawning THEY ARE TOO FAST
it`s just bull**** and i coudn`t do anything because every sec i have to shoot zombies , it`s kay but they are too fast !!!!!

the zombie respawn is soo bad, like literally i was in fight in balota with other people and the zombies just keep spawning, now not the problem is the spawning THEY ARE TOO FAST

it`s just bull**** and i coudn`t do anything because every sec i have to shoot zombies , it`s kay but they are too fast !!!!!

sooo I guess a lil PvE got in the way of your PvP? I mean it is zombie apocalypse afterall.

I really need to find a low weight screen capture software...

if you enable the Steam overlay while ingame you can capture screenshots by pressing the key for that - pretty sure default key is F12 - that what I use. oh and you don't actually have to bring up the overlay so that's not a problem.

if you enable the Steam overlay while ingame you can capture screenshots by pressing the key for that - pretty sure default key is F12 - that what I use. oh and you don't actually have to bring up the overlay so that's not a problem.

Thanks, but I was talking more about video recording. I would love to watch those two bandit wannabes die again that tried to rob me after pretending to be friendly. And again. And again.... It was great when that one dude startet to hit me with a baseball bat and the other started yelling, that that is not neccessary, because he has handcuffs. I mean I'm the absolute pvp noob and always far too trusting in dayz. A screenshot of that would be rather pointless, but a video...

I hearby give the feedback that shotguns work great in close quarters.

Edited by bautschi

sooo I guess a lil PvE got in the way of your PvP? I mean it is zombie apocalypse afterall.

i`m not bitching about that, i`m saying that the zombies spawn closer than 10meters, it`s impossible to handle while you are in fight

and i dont even want to say that they see you from 500m

Edited by zerox024

Thanks, but I was talking more about video recording. I would love to watch those two bandit wannabes die again that tried to rob me after pretending to be friendly. And again. And again.... It was great when that one dude startet to hit me with a baseball bat and the other started yelling, that that is not neccessary, because he has handcuffs. I mean I'm the absolute pvp noob and always far too trusting in dayz. A screenshot of that would be rather pointless, but a video...

I hearby give the feedback that shotguns work great in close quaters.

Here you go

http://obsproject.com/index

Edited by Brasilo
  • Like 1

My mini-vote:

Everyone likes a "new" mega-fast and ultra-aggressive zombies as it is now?
Or most of you want that they will be a little slower and less aggressive?

Tnx!

P.S. And... stop "campering"! ;)

• Like 2

My mini-vote:

Everyone likes a "new" mega-fast and ultra-aggressive zombies as it is now?

Or most of you want that they will be a little slower and less aggressive?

Tnx!

P.S. And... stop "campering"! ;)

well if we watch walking dead, i want them to be slow..

well if we watch walking dead, i want them to be slow..

The idea in DayZ is that the Zeds are supposed to be infected people like in 28 Days/Weeks later, not that undead kind like in the walking dead. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by MoZed
  • Like 3

The idea in DayZ is that the Zeds are supposed to be infected people like in 28 Days/Weeks later, not that undead kind like in the walking dead. Correct me if I'm wrong

correct. however we shouldn't focus to much on lore imo (even lore may be changed over the course of development ). i love how interaction with the dead in Dead Rising 3 feels. hundreds of hundreds zeds in just one place all just slowly tumbling and shambling.

i could also think about several stages of The Disease. where in the first zeds behave more like the ones in 28 days later and in the last where they do behave as in the walking dead or other zombie games

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 2

correct. however we shouldn't focus to much on lore imo (even lore may be changed over the course of development ). i love how interaction with the dead in Dead Rising 3 feels. hundreds of hundreds zeds in just one place all just slowly tumbling and shambling.

i could also think about several stages of The Disease. where in the first zeds behave more like the ones in 28 days later and in the last where they do behave as in the walking dead or other zombie games

or just make more types of zombies. slower zombies on the coast, and faster/toguher as you find your way north. i want to see some armored zombies that can take a great deal of damage before you put them down. maybe those new soldier zombies we've been seeing around. the ones that still have their equipment on them and perhaps if possible we could loot them for ammo or other stuff so that players don't need to depend so much on scavenging. and i also want to see weapons that spawn with magazines in them. i mean wtf, its just normal that some weapons might still have mags in them with ammo. its ridiculous how every weapon has to be empty, its the zombie apocalypse ffs.

Edited by raynor009
  • Like 1

Dean mentionend in his rezzed presentation stream yesterday that they're going to implement the steam workshop and make the game modable. This will add a variety of possibilities to change the zeds through different kinds of mods. I'm really looking forward to all the things they will implement as soon as the basic physics/server/engine architecture is implemented and stable.

Edited by MoZed

i`m not bitching about that, i`m saying that the zombies spawn closer than 10meters, it`s impossible to handle while you are in fight

and i dont even want to say that they see you from 500m

I still don't see the problem... its a zombie game not CoD. fight the zombies.

Dean mentionend in his rezzed presentation stream yesterday that they're going to implement the steam workshop and make the game modable. This will add a variety of possibilities to change the zeds through different kinds of mods. I'm really looking forward to all the things they will implement as soon as the basic physics/server/engine architecture is implemented and stable.

That is the final step of the game dev. Because once there is MOD for DAYZ SA, there is no more way to prevent pirate and cheating, and there is no more money to earn.

• Like 1

The idea in DayZ is that the Zeds are supposed to be infected people like in 28 Days/Weeks later, not that undead kind like in the walking dead. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes and I think it would be cooler when the Z's would be like In the Walking Dead or Dead Rising, so that there are many many Z's not a few and they can sprint faster than you, thats not fun i think, i want hordes with hundret of Zombies Walking through the World alertet by Sounds like Gunshots or Lights or Explosions or kind of that stuff, that would be very very cool, because only than you have to interact with other players to help each other and fight against the Z's, because at the moment no Z is a real thread, it would be cool when they trie to bite you or grap with theyr arms and thinks like that like in Dead Rising.

When a Game with a open World and Zombies like that comes out it will be the greatest Zombie Game ever and everybody would play it i believe.

I Think that the Zombies in Breaking Point (Arma 3 Dayz like mod) are mutch more better than the Z's that are currently in the DAYZ SA Alpha....

Yes and I think it would be cooler when the Z's would be like In the Walking Dead or Dead Rising, so that there are many many Z's not a few and they can sprint faster than you, thats not fun i think, i want hordes with hundret of Zombies Walking through the World alertet by Sounds like Gunshots or Lights or Explosions or kind of that stuff, that would be very very cool, because only than you have to interact with other players to help each other and fight against the Z's, because at the moment no Z is a real thread, it would be cool when they trie to bite you or grap with theyr arms and thinks like that like in Dead Rising.

When a Game with a open World and Zombies like that comes out it will be the greatest Zombie Game ever and everybody would play it i believe.

I Think that the Zombies in Breaking Point (Arma 3 Dayz like mod) are mutch more better than the Z's that are currently in the DAYZ SA Alpha....

did you watch the roadmap video ??

oh and does annybody else love the new building ( the village tavern)...I think it is awesome  :)