Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

simply not playable atm... :(

True. I actually only play on Hardcore Stable Branche. Sometimes rubberbandig but not that bad. I miss my 3rd Person :/ 

(No not to use any of that sick bugs, but i love to see my char while walking! :c) 

When did the stable rubberbanding start? I was playing from around 7pm UK time last night for a couple of hours and didn't notice any problems. Has there been a patch/update since then?

Stop making new weapons and fix bugs and desync the game is unplayable 

• Like 3

When did the stable rubberbanding start? I was playing from around 7pm UK time last night for a couple of hours and didn't notice any problems. Has there been a patch/update since then?

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the maintenance they did yesterday, since that, lotta ppl call attention on that issue (more then before) - same for me, as i was playin ere the maintenance without problems.

Some ppl didn't experienced the rubberbanding yet, so it might be only affecting specific servers -  Who's to say?

Really? so there is loads of open sandbox zombie survival horror games?...... Cant think of one at all.. Besides 7 days to die, but they are throwing in some cheesy sounding mutations into that. 

you can have romero style walkers zombies in state of decay. One of the best sandbox zombie games ever. you have all the dead Risings which have walkers. you have the undead mod for arma2, which was out before dayz, which have walkers if you choose or fast ones, you have breaking point for arma3 which are walkers. With one simple mod, you can turn Dead Island into walkers and romero world. you have project zomboid which you can set to both. More if you include ubisofts zombie U, which I have been told may come to pc, and then later this year you have dying light which have walkers and runners! and you say no zombie sandbox games that have walkers??!! , shame on you sir  ;)

Edited by BlackDalia

Another download fixed all rubberbanding issues for me. 

Weird things happening tonight. 

Descriptive.  :rolleyes:

Edited by leviaxxan

I'll admit it, I got RB so hard that I got thrown into the hotel glitch and a second time that a fresh spawn killed me with an axe and I never even seen him. Everyone else saw him though. I know the game is alpha so im not worried about it. There is plenty of time to get geared back up.

• Like 1

come on guys, what the HELL is going on? EVERYTHING was just perfectly finde. All of a sudden a random ninja patch appeared last night and the rubberbanding begins. Right now i'm stuck in a building as a freshspawn, because thanks to rubberbanding i lost all my gear through death by Z's hitting me from 30m away. please fix this asap! it's unplayable right now. :(

All part of testing, simmer down.  After all, this is A _ _ _ A.    <-- can you guess what I was about to say here?

Edit: Oh and one more thing, you should try to get used to losing your gear or at least expect to lose it from time to time.  Life would be less stressful.   :thumbsup:

Edited by twinturbonet
  • Like 1

All part of testing, simmer down.  After all, this is A _ _ _ A.    <-- can you guess what I was about to say here?

True true, still sightly disturbing when before last mini patch game was fine, now blam and its messed up again.

What I personaly dislike is the fact, that we do not know, what this last patch was ment to do (150MB one).

Atleast I could not find it on forums nor Reddit (I don't use FB nor Twitter).

True true, still sightly disturbing when before last mini patch game was fine, now blam and its messed up again.

What I personaly dislike is the fact, that we do not know, what this last patch was ment to do (150MB one).

Atleast I could not find it on forums nor Reddit (I don't use FB nor Twitter).

They were probably trying to fix something small and were testing if this last mini-patch would do the trick.  It obvious did not based on all the posts here.  They weren't sure if it would actually work so they didn't want to post what it was for until they were certain.

Of course, this is all based on my assumption.

Edited by twinturbonet

Played after the maintenance yesterday morning on regular-stable branch and didn't have any issues at all as far as desynch etc. are concerned. 

I'm switching to experimental now to see how it's going at the moment. 

Well... maybe not. I updated to a new version when I switched to experimental but I don't see any servers at the moment. Are they not online for 116315 version?

Thanks!!

Edited by Dr. Goner

I'll admit it, I got RB so hard that I got thrown into the hotel glitch and a second time that a fresh spawn killed me with an axe and I never even seen him. Everyone else saw him though. I know the game is alpha so im not worried about it. There is plenty of time to get geared back up.

The lag/desynch problems can absolutely result in invisible zombies and players

Well... maybe not. I updated to a new version when I switched to experimental but I don't see any servers at the moment. Are they not online for 116315 version?

Thanks!!

193.111.141.102:2338  DayZ DE 0-4 (Experimental/Testing) - Accelerated Time Test

193.111.141.102:2326  DayZ DE 0-3 (Experimental/Testing) - Accelerated Time Test

193.111.141.102:2314  DayZ DE 0-2 (Experimental/Testing) - Accelerated Time Test

193.111.141.102:2302  DayZ DE 0-1 (Experimental/Testing) - Accelerated Time Test

Those 4 are online.

Edited by Guest

So, tried experimental again for about 30 minutes.

Had several rubberbanding moments / chains, don't know if everyone seemed to be connected to zeds, but there was one pretty clear phenomena. A zed was standing about 50m in front of me, not aggroed yet but looking in my general direction. So I decided to quickly go into the building right next to me, but no open-door option was possible. After about 2 more seconds the zombie decided to go after me, I killed it and big surprise, the door would open again. One rubberbanding orrured several times and finally stopped when there was all of a sudden a zed standing in the street where none was before. Maybe it just spawned there.

While several people here argued that they had rubberbanding without any zeds anywhere, I still belief that zed interaction does have to do with the problem. But maybe I'm wrong and it's just the final nail in the coffin of a system running at its limit. Whatever the limiting factor may be.

I think zeds now have a higher chance of hitting you when you try to evade to the side, but maybe that's just my luck and some desync stuff.

I also watched two of them running on the sidewalk until the end of the fence and then changing the direction to come after me. Is there some object stuff being done that results in them running around things? That happened in Svetlojarsk at the town center where the church is. Now guys don't come running just to kill me there, please.

Concerning loot balancing, I found so many SKSes this morning and now, it's frightening. The houses were all looted but the SKSes were still lying around. Don't even want to think about how geared up all those players are.

A little request, if possible. It would be nice to have a seperate char for experimental again. With the desync, zed testing, ... my main char is like more than a month old, I really don't want to kill it but it would be interesting to see how life as a new spawn is in experimental.

EDIT: I really only play hardcore, so I could use my regular char, but I REALLY disllike that being able to look around corners, over walls without being seen. When someone wants to spot me, he/she really should have to show his/her head.

Edited by bautschi

Idk I have been rubberbanding since the last update and I haven't tried to play since this mini patch was input.

• Like 1

you can have romero style walkers zombies in state of decay. One of the best sandbox zombie games ever. you have all the dead Risings which have walkers. you have the undead mod for arma2, which was out before dayz, which have walkers if you choose or fast ones, you have breaking point for arma3 which are walkers. With one simple mod, you can turn Dead Island into walkers and romero world. you have project zomboid which you can set to both. More if you include ubisofts zombie U, which I have been told may come to pc, and then later this year you have dying light which have walkers and runners! and you say no zombie sandbox games that have walkers??!! , shame on you sir  ;)

Some nasty lame console ports there man, Meaning more multiplayer too. Not seen anything of this zombie U but ill check that out too, dying light same again, console port. Got no interest in any of them at all. However there is another i didnt mention, dead linger as well. So my hopes are laying on 7 days to die and dead linger, this is just a PvP kill fest with some infected thrown in, and i know, before its said its alpha, but i dont see how it will be much different completed. We really gonna be hunting, shooting game* gutting cooking and serving,when we are getting hunted by 3/4 of the server.... lol... "Hey bub..... I hit the rabbit"... "nice one dude" ...... *BANG!!!!*      *Blackscreen* you are dead. 

• Like 4

I have just played on stable hardcore, it's good, no problems, some minor desync from time to time.

Some nasty lame console ports there man, Meaning more multiplayer too. Not seen anything of this zombie U but ill check that out too, dying light same again, console port. Got no interest in any of them at all. However there is another i didnt mention, dead linger as well. So my hopes are laying on 7 days to die and dead linger, this is just a PvP kill fest with some infected thrown in, and i know, before its said its alpha, but i dont see how it will be much different completed. We really gonna be hunting, shooting game* gutting cooking and serving,when we are getting hunted by 3/4 of the server.... lol... "Hey bub..... I hit the rabbit"... "nice one dude" ...... *BANG!!!!*      *Blackscreen* you are dead. 

The Dead Linger is becoming such an awesome zombie apocalypse survival game. One of the biggest out there too. (about 64,000 square kilometers) Bikes just been added and it's becoming more and more stable/better. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The Dead Linger is becoming such an awesome zombie apocalypse survival game. One of the biggest out there too. (about 64,000 square kilometers) Bikes just been added and it's becoming more and more stable/better. :thumbsup:

Been keeping my eye on it in steam, but i dont think they have posted any new screen shots of it yet. I shall be certainly checking it out on our WWW :). Thanks man. I do have hopes for dayz and i am rooting for it, but, the problem is the same as always with completely open servers on multiplayers, other blooming people. :) lol. 

Am I the only one who would like to know when hunting is going to be put in the game :huh: 
And no I don't mean hunting of other players :facepalm:

• Like 2

Am I the only one who would like to know when hunting is going to be put in the game :huh: 

And no I don't mean hunting of other players :facepalm:

When it's ready :P