Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

i just wish they were a bit clearer on what has changed after each patch is all. me and my mate had a ton of fun last night once we realized tents, cars, and usually empty buildings all spawn loot on stable servers now. random, northwesterly towns are now worth a bit of a damn!

anyone clear on any of the other tweaks they may have made?

i agree. it would be better if they could be more clear regarding changes. i managed to shoe horn in about an hour of playtime last night, mostly at NWAF/Vybor. kewl to find loot back in tent city, but it was like you couldn't throw a stick without it hitting a pristine LRS...which is a bit much. i do like to be informed of changes, but it is also pretty sweet to just get in and see/find the changes. 

*right on dennisph

Edited by thznutz

i wouldn't go so far and call the devs "trolls". i am sure they do what they can to develop the standalone into a full build.

At this point I WOULD LOVE IF EA TOOK OVER! Bobby Kotick the fuck out of this shit! And that should be clear in how bad it really is...

but you have a fair point there. it doesn't necessarily have to be EA or Activision who takes over. but someone HAS to. otherwise i don't foresee a bright future for this game. the dev team around dean plans to implement everything into the standalone that the mods already had for two years already.

wait until end of the year for a complete game? sorry but that's slow. WAY TOO slow. and the second problem: what about features that go beyond what the mod had to offer? yes, hunting animals and going inside builds is neat. but it's not really a gamechanger. what about more immersive features like building whole cities from scratch, a clan/ladder system (who's the longest survivor/best hero, etc), underground worlds, extrem weather (winter!) etc.

that said, if i wanted to play the mod and enjoy its features, i certainly wouldn't wait until the standalone is ready. i would play the mod NOW

• Like 2

So loot spawn has been fixed and the game runs very smooth and stable, no RB, no massive lags interacting with items and inventory etc works instantly 

well done  :thumbsup:

waiting for the big survival patch now  :)

• Like 3

"We’re ready now for our final implementation next week of fireplaces and the ability to light flammable objects on fire." "Physics and Throwing

We will be deploying this to experimental next week" "Player Mouse Control- These will be deployed to experimental next week for more player feedback."

First patch in almost 5 months worth waiting for, nothing game breaking as usual *cough* hats *cough*, and they cant even get that right.

• Like 1

game becomes lame. why? simply cause they said there will be more updates in a period. what happened? nothing. Thanks DEV-Team. 

Really enjoyed your game but now i will play arma 3 till your shiet will be fixed. 

See you in ... let me guess, half a year?

its early alpha game, its not supposed to be playable for weeks of gametime and still be fresh and exiting. they are developing the game to make a finished product in around a year, not trying to keep you happy by rushing out new content.

wait until end of the year for a complete game? sorry but that's slow. WAY TOO slow. and the second problem: what about features that go beyond what the mod had to offer? yes, hunting animals and going inside builds is neat. but it's not really a gamechanger. what about more immersive features like building whole cities from scratch, a clan/ladder system (who's the longest survivor/best hero, etc), underground worlds, extrem weather (winter!) etc.

that said, if i wanted to play the mod and enjoy its features, i certainly wouldn't wait until the standalone is ready. i would play the mod NOW

You complain about slow development yet you want the team to entirely redesign new buildings, cities, textures, models, clan/ladder systems, underground worlds, and a completely redesigned and revamped weather system?

The amount of bickering and bitching and the knowledge most possess about game development/programming/art in these forums is absolutely astonishing.  

• Like 5

yep. they dont want to give us shit. so calm down guys. other dev teams make the same.

look at star citizen. i wait 3 month for the dogfighting module. and chris roberts have more teams and more money .

so be glad that you can have so much fun with this alpha here. other alphas are no fun or they cost 200 dollars.

but i know. to see a better version of the standalone and play the boring old one is like a little stone in my shoe XD

• Like 1

You complain about slow development yet you want the team to entirely redesign new buildings, cities, textures, models, clan/ladder systems, underground worlds, and a completely redesigned and revamped weather system?

The amount of bickering and bitching and the knowledge most possess about game development/programming/art in these forums is absolutely astonishing.  

He meant it would be us the players that would be building cities/buildings from scratch,  jeez. And besides that all of these things he mentioned were in the Mod! Cant we expect to at least have all the features that the mod had and more??? Thats why i bought the Standalone in the first place,for everything the Mod had and more!!!

• Like 2

Almost 100 pages of the same arguments over and over and over...are we done yet?

My guess here? Nothing is going to happen this week. And my advice to all the fans who payed for this game and as me are hunger to have a enjoyable game... stop playing and let the servers more and more empty to make dev's asses move on faster.

• Like 1

- communications (or lack thereof). Multiple sources for tiny snippets of info, forums neglected, no employee actually responsible for community management. FB, Twitter, Reddit...for fucks sake you twats, many of the people who play Dayz are NOT social media consumers. In fact, many of us despise those. What a clusterfuck.

Social media is a total bullshit and people should have not been using these. Why? Go google for truth and what is going on with your mind when you are using them. Nothing good at all.

I agree with francture on this one and just take a look at how many people want to get more information from developers. It's not just him, it's also me and thousands of other players. There are like daily updates but I get no information about it. Twitter? GTFO with your Twitter, Facebook and so on. Besides, the "news" on twitter are just one sentence and mostly about going somewhere.

• Like 5

Yeah, so whats different from the mod, other than complete lack of features? It took two years to get to this point? Im confused, you guys have made a sh!t ton of money from early access, and apparently hired entire teams for certain aspects, but im still not seeing anything that explains the current point of the game. Theres nothing there. Sure a few new guns, and some character customization, but nothing ONE skilled modder couldn't have done to the MOD. In wayyy less time. How much did you guys make from early access? not to mention a budget from Bohemia. Dont give me the old" its alpha" or "lets see you make a game" bull crap, this is kinda shameful at this point guys. Oh, would Dean Leaving have anything to do with this, or is it just a coincidence that when he announced he ws leaving things ground to a halt?

• Like 2

Almost 100 pages of the same arguments over and over and over...are we done yet?

Far more than a hundred pages in the last thread, if you don't know it.

Clearly not done yet. We're going to hit the 2 million copies sold in quite a little time, and you are surprised that a severe lack of communication (in both methods and quantity) gives the start to complaining about this specifically but also bitching and commenting negatively on the development speed and whatever? Well, you shouldn't. If you think about it carefully, that's even less than what it could be, probably partially because nowadays people doesn't love to write on the forums, they are more in "social networks".

We're not a some thousands community how we used to be anymore...someone should understand it in my opinion ( guess who :P )

My guess here? Nothing is going to happen this week. And my advice to all the fans who payed for this game and as me are hunger to have a enjoyable game... stop playing and let the servers more and more empty to make dev's asses move on faster.

It won't work. So, if you want to play do it, if not come back when you want, it's a game, nothing life-changing.

Edit: for those like MetapoliC that talk about daily updates to experimental...what damned experimental are you playing on guys? I want to come with you!

Are you in the internal testing or you just repeat what another one who was wrong said?

I mean, I'm not complaining, but experimental in Hicks' words "it's effectively down atm, just 4 servers for stress testing"...since some weeks.

Edited by Gugolas
  • Like 1

to all the pinheads that think they only have to wait until the end of the year for a "complete" game...um...the end of the year is when it is possibly going beta. not sure how much time any of the "mod this, mod that" folks actually have in playing the mod, and while it is excellent, alot of the things that are in the mod feel shoddy, hurried or contrived. hunting in the mod? walk up to a cow and stab it to death, then gut it, watch your steaks disappear into the ground as the cow vanishes. fuckin' A....just port that right over. the mod has been around for how long? yes ladders still kill you in the mod and a bonus...some doors still do to, or at least break your legs. the point is, the mod is just that...a modification of an existing finished game, similar to the BP mod for Arma3. it is my understanding that the majority of the SA is being built, ground up. for the time being there are placeholders that have been snagged from the mod (it would seem). i dont understand how everyone is so butthurt because they perceive that development is slow, when actually no one but the dev's know at what speed things are progressing. you types must be used to Madden, or COD that churn out the same cookie cutter shit every year. if thats what you are comparing to, then yes, "progress" is slow, and thank god.

and AceTwat...i mean wtf? build whole cities, ladder system?, best hero/longest survivor, underground worlds? did you fuck up buy the wrong game? do you have to have a game give you a shiny star when you do something right? i bet your still looking for your K/D ratio in the menu's. i understand everyone has an opinion, but damn....to the dipshit that said something about "the first patch in 5 months"...math isn't your strong point is it? the game was released pre-alpha this past December. this is April, at least in the normal people world, which isn't...ah fuck it...that is just to stupid to even address.

like they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you cant shoot it in the fucking head and chop it into little pieces

whine on you crazy fuckers....

i am now...thanks for asking. 

*edit for clarity

Edited by thznutz
  • Like 3

way to get all worked up over things you have no control over. so because you spent $29 they immediately have to communicate everything they do in the way you want it done, when you want it done, without error, without taking any breaks. you have not paid for any privilege. you have paid for a license to use a piece of software. how many bugs have you reported? i'm not sure how a late devblog or getting info from twitter is hampering your super alpha tester skills. try to keep in mind that really, they dont have to relay any information at all. i dont care for their communication practices either, but whether or not you hate twitter has nothing to do with their chosen communication medium. could it be better? sure....will it be? does it really matter? why do you have to be so perfectly informed? does information from the dev's enable you to breathe or something?

oh...wait...you got me...

conclusion: fracture is the troll

You wouldn't be getting...worked up...over a forum post would you?

I think i was pretty clear about how their extremely poor management of their alpha software, both in communication and actual release methods, hampers any honest effort by someone (alpha tester) to actually help make the game better for all.

For you to say things like "they don't have to relay information at all", really seems to indicate you don't understand what I am saying. "Does it matter?" Yes, the point is that it does matter to a great number of users/players/alpha testers...to be clear, yes, I could walk away and not give a fuck. I choose to make a post, testing the waters of how others feel who are in the same situation, and potentially, possibly, maybe somehow influencing a shift in gears.

I call them trolls, because by my definition they qualify.

• Like 4

like they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you cant shoot it in the fucking head and chop it into little pieces

Next experimental patch!

You wouldn't be getting...worked up...over a forum post would you?

I think i was pretty clear about how their extremely poor management of their alpha software, both in communication and actual release methods, hampers any honest effort by someone (alpha tester) to actually help make the game better for all.

For you to say things like "they don't have to relay information at all", really seems to indicate you don't understand what I am saying. "Does it matter?" Yes, the point is that it does matter to a great number of users/players/alpha testers...to be clear, yes, I could walk away and not give a fuck. I choose to make a post, testing the waters of how others feel who are in the same situation, and potentially, possibly, maybe somehow influencing a shift in gears.

I call them trolls, because by my definition they qualify.

if my post had a voice you would be creeped out by how calm it would be, so no...

you were clear in your perceptions of how they have so poorly managed things, but in fact they have done nothing terribly different than many other dev's/publishers. yes, it does matter to alot of people. the fact that it matters is great, people care about the game, but to act in an entitled manner and place your expectations on something that doesnt even have to be done in the first place, and then berate the methods they have chosen to communicate kinda makes the argument childish. they are communicating how they have chosen to...deal with it. if it changes great, but to think for one second your shitty post earlier is going to get any attention from anyone that matters is just funny.

while in a public forum making a point you may want to base things off of common, known definitions, as thankfully we arent all in your head to know what your talking about....i call you butter, cause by my definition you qualify :thumbsup:

Next experimental patch!

read my mind..haha

Why should we stop something we have fun with only a hand of ppl believe things movin way to slow?

Rome wasn't built in a day either.

Edited by Guest

if my post had a voice you would be creeped out by how calm it would be, so no...

you were clear in your perceptions of how they have so poorly managed things, but in fact they have done nothing terribly different than many other dev's/publishers. yes, it does matter to alot of people. the fact that it matters is great, people care about the game, but to act in an entitled manner and place your expectations on something that doesnt even have to be done in the first place, and then berate the methods they have chosen to communicate kinda makes the argument childish. they are communicating how they have chosen to...deal with it. if it changes great, but to think for one second your shitty post earlier is going to get any attention from anyone that matters is just funny.

while in a public forum making a point you may want to base things off of common, known definitions, as thankfully we arent all in your head to know what your talking about....i call you butter, cause by my definition you qualify :thumbsup:

read my mind..haha

dude, I am sure you are so cool and calm you could be the next high scorer for mass murderer in your local school...I really don't give a fuck. I was responding to your accusation that I was "worked up", and you know it.

So they have "done nothing terribly different" than other dev's publishers...yeah, some of the worse ones maybe. On the other hand, they have also done worse, or at least not done better, than some others. Get it? The fact it likely falls on deaf ears is moot. At least fellow alpha testers can chime in.

I'm not acting entitled, and that is an insult. I act like I care, I hope that comes across, and I act like I think I know how it could be better, I hope that comes across as well. I don't just hint at things, I am telling them outright what could be done...MUCH fucking better. This is what an alpha tester does...offer feedback to the developer about how they are doing...bug reporting, idea generation, and fucking telling them when they are sucking, and at what they are sucking. Don't agree? Fair enough, you do it your way, I'll do it mine.

Are you saying communication "doesn't have to be done?" Are you saying that neither fellow testers, or god forbid a dev actually reads this forum, a dev cannot handle me berating them for their poor choices in communication?

Seriously you try to come off as superior in your opinion, you call me entitled...why do you think that what YOU think is good, bad, or indifferent, is in any way more important than mine? I think it is you who are entitled. You just don't expect much. But you get upset at people who expect better.

Have you considered if enough people voiced their very real concern about the communication or lack thereof going on, that ole' Dean might actually break down and hire a community manager so he can get back to fiddling with throwing matchsticks around in buildings that you can fall through in the latest fucking build? That alone would be a huge improvement for EVERYBODY CONCERNED, even you.

• Like 2

Useless. They are not going to lose any money if servers go empty and dev-s asses will move still at the same speed.

i wouldn't go so far and call the devs "trolls". i am sure they do what they can to develop the standalone into a full build.

but you have a fair point there. it doesn't necessarily have to be EA or Activision who takes over. but someone HAS to. otherwise i don't foresee a bright future for this game. the dev team around dean plans to implement everything into the standalone that the mods already had for two years already.

Your expectations are a bit ridiculous. Dean has been pretty up front with everyone this entire time. And I totally remember him stating on multiple occasions that DayZ wouldn't be out of Alpha state for the entire duration of 2014. Sucks, but he did say that. Oh yeah; fuck the leaderboards idea. They have no place in a game like this.

I will however concede that the team is constantly giving timelines/deadlines that they can't meet and it's frustrating sometimes.

Go do that. 

• Like 1

Source me the millions Bohemia have made from the alpha so far and i guarantee i could!

Well maybe you should just start off by making a mod and have a million people download it...  Then sell the idea to a small publisher to make your own stand alone game...  Then you start selling this clearly marked alpha product to exited customers...  Then you sell 2 million units and finish the entire game in less time than Dayz.  Only then Sir will I give you all my beanz:)

Edited by virgiltracy
  • Like 4

I went here expectating a nice topic about stable patch and I only see ppl crying about why DayZ is not finished yet or why it took so long to put the next update..well, im getting wet (pretty much soaked) reading these kind of posts and I think you guys need to grow up. You want something patched? put it in the bug reports. With those topics, you are just making dayz community worst.

Nevermind, the stable version is pretty much good atm, the new spawn zones and the loot fixed is really enjoyable (TONS OF LOOT). I can't wait for next update, it seems really deep into survival features. well, to be honest, I just want to cook that rice huehuehue

I went here expectating a nice topic about stable patch and I only see ppl crying about why DayZ is not finished yet or why it took so long to put the next update.

You really should read some of the stuff. People are not complaining because they have nothing better to do, because there is something to complain about and ONLY if you are reading and trying to understand the others, you understand what they are actually complaining about.

Yes, there are a lot of people who are just whining and bitching (dumb comments like "Dean is on a vacation 24/7 with our millions"), but there are also more than enough reasonable complains and if you call that "whining" aswell, than I say hell yeah, grow up man.

• Like 1