OrLoK

Arma3 Third person fix mod...thoughts?

First name the advantages and disadvantages of being a virgin for me. I'll name a disadvantage now, "taking a video game camera view too seriously".<SNIP> I'm a spinal surgeon and not a child...

Hello there

Firstly, do not insult other members, you've already been warned for this behaviour.

Secondly, Stop mentioning that you are a "spinal surgeon" etc etc you know it leads to argument and future mentions of it in future posts will now be regarded as spam/trolling in your case.

Carry on.

Rgds

LoK

I love how 3pp kids think abusing a camera angle makes them skilled.  :rolleyes:

This...

Hello there

Firstly, do not insult other members, you've already been warned for this behaviour.

Secondly, Stop mentioning that you are a "spinal surgeon" etc etc you know it leads to argument and future mentions of it in future posts will now be regarded as spam/trolling in your case.

Carry on.

Rgds

LoK

Please explain why this guy is allowed to call me a "kid" and when I simply say I'm not then I get warned but he doesn't? Sounds like i'm being singled out around here... His post didn't even include any constructive argument to refute mine either.

Edited by Recoil

Naysayers

Lets pretend that the 4th wall has been implemented from day 1 in 3pp.Make the argument for its removal.

Include ,I want to be able glitch my head though walls and see though the walls ,have my eyes(POV) on a 20 foot periscope and see over walls,rocks etc.
Have total advantage over a attacking player while laying prone on a building top and still be able to see the entry/door of that building.
See around corners without exposing myself.

Make that argument.

Naysayers

Lets pretend that the 4th wall has been implemented from day 1 in 3pp.Make the argument for its removal.

Include ,I want to be able glitch my head though walls and see though the walls ,have my eyes(POV) on a 20 foot periscope and see over walls,rocks etc.

Have total advantage over a attacking player while laying prone on a building top and still be able to see the entry/door of that building.

Make that argument.

They won't use that argument.

They would use a somewhat justifiable argument that if implemented incorrectly it could be immersion breaking to see people pop out of thin air, but at the same time seeing people over walls and cover isnt immersion breaking ?

Sadly alot of the people making the argument against this feature simply want to keep the periscopes in the game and the gameplay would and does suffer because of it.

• Like 1

Mark my words, this will never be implemented, tho maybe when they allow modding but that will be "broken" as shown on video from first post, and then i doubt majority would want to play on that. This is so complex to pull out right that and it does not worth the performance penalties it brings.

Similar thing is for "flashlight seen thru walls". I see only two solutions and they are both very expensive:

1. Good: all objects affected by flashlight cone should cast shadow.

2. Inaccurate: custom software rasterizer (cpu intensive, gpu stalin/waiting for work) on downscaled resolution with proxy objects (occluders/occludes) to sort & search which objects should be lit.

Edited by belphegor_goatzombie

Naysayers

Make that argument.

Had it been implemented from day one people would have adapted to it.  But it wasn't.  Probably because in practice it's not very pleasing for numerous reasons.  3PP players are not calling for view preferences to be altered, we accept and adapt to what is put in front of us.  We don't need to justify anything.  Those wanting to change something are those that have to justify it.

You don't like the way 3PP is played, people understand that.  Even the devs understood it enough to pander to you and give you separate hives, yet still you require more.  Seriously, you 1PPers are getting on par with the KoS and the Humanity System whiners...

• Like 1

Had it been implemented from day one people would have adapted to it.  But it wasn't.  Probably because in practice it's not very pleasing for numerous reasons.  3PP players are not calling for view preferences to be altered, we accept and adapt to what is put in front of us.  We don't need to justify anything.  Those wanting to change something are those that have to justify it.

You don't like the way 3PP is played, people understand that.  Even the devs understood it enough to pander to you and give you separate hives, yet still you require more.  Seriously, you 1PPers are getting on par with the KoS and the Humanity System whiners...

So what you are saying is if its added you would adapt again ?

They won't use that argument.

They would use a somewhat justifiable argument that if implemented incorrectly it could be immersion breaking to see people pop out of thin air, but at the same time seeing people over walls and cover isnt immersion breaking ?

Sadly alot of the people making the argument against this feature simply want to keep the periscopes in the game and the gameplay would and does suffer because of it.

When you see a player/AI pop in,that means you can be seen or are exposed,so I dont see what the problems is.Iv been using the mod in the Arma3 missions,editor, steam workshop scenarios without problems.In fact I had the mod enabled at one stage without realizing it and was happily playing.

I did try it laying prone on a military tower with 30 AI on the ground below and I couldn't see any of them with the eyes on a stick 3pp.

The moment I stood up I could see them and was met with a hail of bullets,as it should be .

Edited by AussieBobby
  • Like 2

Thats an unfair assessment of the discussion that has happened so far in this thread. Not everyone who is in favor of this is a '1PPer'. Than you make a sweeping insult, to the group you lumped anyone who doesn't agree with the proposal into?

You can do better than that. This makes you sound immature.

So what you are saying is if its added you would adapt again ?

I have no issues with either view point, IF they bring it in I will continue to use 3PP, switching to 1PP when needed.  Drinking from ponds, looting those hard to reach places and looking under beds...

Thats an unfair assessment of the discussion that has happened so far in this thread. Not everyone who is in favor of this is a '1PPer'. Than you make a sweeping insult, to the group you lumped anyone who doesn't agree with the proposal into?

You can do better than that. This makes you sound immature.

Where did I claim that all those in favour are '1PPers'?  Also where was the insult?  Those I was addressing and comparing to KoS, humanity system whiners ARE self confessed 1PPers, they are just as militant and narrow minded in their views regarding 'how to play DayZ properly'.  Not everyone against the idea is a 3PP player either.  Some 1PPers understand that a fix to the 'problem' already exists. 

It's fine for people to label all 3PPers into the crutch needers, cheaters and  exploiters group, right though?

• Like 1

Naysayers

Make that argument.

Frankly, there's an ongoing argument for years now and I think it's quite save to say that those who constantly attempt to break and sabotage the 3rd person view while accusing 3rd person players for cheating etc. are so narrow-minded, that they won't accept another opinion than theirs in the foreseeable future. In other words: I doubt that there's any way to open the minds of those who are not willing to accept the simple choice that both - 1st person and 3rd person server - are being available.

Why should anyone accept the twist of the burden of proof (which would be on you) only to be ignored and ridiculed all over again and again - like in all of those looping threads?

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 2

It's fine for people to label all 3PPers into the crutch needers, cheaters and  exploiters group, right though?

Yes, that's why I don't play 3pp because I don't need the crutch/exploit otherwise I would love to play on a 3pp server

Yes, that's why I don't play 3pp because I don't need the crutch/exploit otherwise I would love to play on a 3pp server

Then it's fine for me to label all 1PP players as whiners.

Would you actually use the 3PP view or would you continue to use 1PP?

Then it's fine for me to label all 1PP players as whiners.

Would you actually use the 3PP view or would you continue to use 1PP?

I use both.  I like 3PP while I'm running around and use it to make sure I'm tucked in a corner properly and use 1PP for aiming.

I use both.  I like 3PP while I'm running around and use it to make sure I'm tucked in a corner properly and use 1PP for aiming.

So it's fine to exploit it to make sure your not sticking out of cover?

We all use 1PP for aiming seeing as when you go into aim mode it automatically takes you there. 

We all use 1PP for aiming seeing as when you go into aim mode it automatically takes you there. 

Did I say anything about sticking out?  I use it to make sure I'm properly in a corner.  Either prone or crouched.  As of right now, I play 1PP exclusively just because I don't need to use this easy mode crutch to camp players by peaking around corners or from laying prone on a roof top and getting a perfect 360 field of view at angles that would be impossible to get.  You can twist my words any way you want but at the end of the day, I choose 1PP because I'm not a bad player who needs to use a cheap crutch such as the 3PP easy mode to be able to see things I should not.

• Like 3

Did I say anything about sticking out?  I use it to make sure I'm properly in a corner.  Either prone or crouched.  As of right now, I play 1PP exclusively just because I don't need to use this easy mode crutch to camp players by peaking around corners or from laying prone on a roof top and getting a perfect 360 field of view at angles that would be impossible to get.  You can twist my words any way you want but at the end of the day, I choose 1PP because I'm not a bad player who needs to use a cheap crutch such as the 3PP easy mode to be able to see things I should not.

Properly in a corner?  Surely the same as sticking out, but just worded differently.

You do realise that just because you are able to do something doesn't mean you have to do it.  Once again the logic of not being able to see things is brought to the table.  If you don't like the fact you can see things you can't/shouldn't be able to see, then this mod isn't the answer.  You can still see the terrain, you can still plan your route without peeking, only thing you can't see is a zombie or a player. Which 9/10 times ain't on the other side anyway.

I have no issues with either view point, IF they bring it in I will continue to use 3PP, switching to 1PP when needed.  Drinking from ponds, looting those hard to reach places and looking under beds...

Where did I claim that all those in favour are '1PPers'?  Also where was the insult?  Those I was addressing and comparing to KoS, humanity system whiners ARE self confessed 1PPers, they are just as militant and narrow minded in their views regarding 'how to play DayZ properly'.  Not everyone against the idea is a 3PP player either.  Some 1PPers understand that a fix to the 'problem' already exists. 

You are the biggest hypocrite I have ever seen. Say your not doing something, right after your do it, do it again right after you say you never did it.

*slowclap*

• Like 5

You are the biggest hypocrite I have ever seen. Say your not doing something, right after your do it, do it again right after you say you never did it.

*slowclap*

Wheres the hypocrisy in what you quoted? 

• Like 1

I dont like the mod...the idea is good, but "popup-players/zombie" are ugly.
I like it as it is now. If people want to play with a lower fov, they should play hardcore. 3rd person is very nice for spotting around corners. And this is not bad because every player can do this on regular servers, so... The Devs dont have to chance the "visible things" which you can see in 3rd person. The should fix the glitch where you can look through walls - but thats not the point.
In the video the player can see every object behind the car in 3rd person, but not the playermodels/npcs, for me thats ruiend the athmosphere, when the models popup...

I dont like the mod...the idea is good, but "popup-players/zombie" are ugly.

I like it as it is now. If people want to play with a lower fov, they should play hardcore. 3rd person is very nice for spotting around corners. And this is not bad because every player can do this on regular servers, so... The Devs dont have to chance the "visible things" which you can see in 3rd person. The should fix the glitch where you can look through walls - but thats not the point.

In the video the player can see every object behind the car in 3rd person, but not the playermodels/npcs, for me thats ruiend the athmosphere, when the models popup...

So magically seeing over walls and cover does not ruin your immersion and atmosphere ?

So magically seeing over walls and cover does not ruin your immersion and atmosphere ?

A damn sight less than having something suddenly pop into existence.  

A damn sight less than having something suddenly pop into existence.  

Yea but you understand why it poped up right ?

It poped up because you could have not physically seen it . Your vision was blocked by an object thus regardless if its not rendered or not it ment you couldn't see it or shouldn't see it.

Yea but you understand why it poped up right ?

It poped up because you could have not physically seen it . Your vision was blocked by an object thus regardless if its not rendered or not it ment you couldn't see it or shouldn't see it.

In that case block the terrain from my vision too.  I can't see it from 1PP so why should I be able to see it with 3PP?  You can't half-arsedly use such logic.

In that case block the terrain from my vision too.  I can't see it from 1PP so why should I be able to see it with 3PP?  You can't half-arsedly use such logic.

Not a bad idea. I would not be opposed to a filter being applied to anything the player cannot see.

Say things you cant see have a blur filter on them to give the player an instant notification of what you cannot see.