OrLoK

Arma3 Third person fix mod...thoughts?

Thats basicly like saying "You have to choise to use cheats, so stop complaining about cheaters!"

And I know its not a cheat, but you cant say "dont use it" cause it gives people who use it a big advantage over people who dont use it, so you have no choise, cause you cripple yourself if you dont use it while others can do it

No it dosent....because they don't play together on the same servers....

They are SEGRIGATED

Hence no advantage is given.

That's the whole point....people that play 1st on a 3pp enabled server then moan are, sorry to say, idiots. I use 1st in a lot of situations on 3pp enabled servers, and im sure I get shot by peeps using 3pp to spot me. Difference is I understand I can swap server to get away from it, but I enjoy 3rd when its quiet. Im doing it to myself so im not going to moan.....unlike some lol

AGAIN THE POPLE WO DONT USE IT......GO ON HARDCORE....NEVER WORRY ABOUT BEING PEEKED ON AGAIN

To quote a famous meerkat......"simples" ;)

It would be much better to have the entire community under a single rule set.

Why community even broke in starters?

Im just guessing here, but i believe that regulars didnt want their own hive?

Yeah i thought so, those are stupid arguments, and they are supposed to be

All 3 things you have listed have COUNTERPLAY!

Abusing 3rd person has no counter play at all. 0! Nichts! Nada!

What i meant there that those my 3 arguments were stupid. But i think you get it.

There is counterplay against 3pp view, i call it adjusting.

Those rooftop snipers and corner peekers are quite easy to get in the end.

And this 3pp camera backfires quite often to them who uses it constantly.

• Like 1

It would be much better to have the entire community under a single rule set.

Absolutely segregated communities are bad.

• Like 1

Absolutely segregated communities are bad.

But for that the devs need to have the courage to decide on a single ruleset.

Glad I wasn't eating. Almost died of laughter. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Why community even broke in starters?

Im just guessing here, but i believe that regulars didnt want their own hive?

What i meant there that those my 3 arguments were stupid. But i think you get it.

There is counterplay against 3pp view, i call it adjusting.

Those rooftop snipers and corner peekers are quite easy to get in the end.

And this 3pp camera backfires quite often to them who uses it constantly.

This is a good point.  There are two styles of play here.  I like the flexibility of 3PP, but I love playing Hardcore because the players are so much easier to kill.  I can blissfully move into a town and know nobody is watching from a position I can't see.  When I see someone, 90% of the time, they are clueless that I am even there, since they can see roughly 40 degrees at any time.  I can track along for several minutes and deal with them.

3PP does allow you more room to be friendly, since you can make contact from behind a wall.  

Hardcore does have weaker players, which helps with that.

They seem terrified to even touch this subject even though having it reach a conclusion is outright important.

Funny how fixing this would straight up improve the gameplay tenfold and far more than any other gameplay addition they could conceive.

They seem terrified to even touch this subject even though having it reach a conclusion is outright important.

Funny how fixing this would straight up improve the gameplay tenfold and far more than any other gameplay addition they could conceive.

Skip to 3.30

be aware its a loooooooong vid.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169730-The-Fourth-Wall

Rdgs

LoK

The only way this will work for me if there would have been a real fog of war like in strategy games. I wouldn't like people just pop-up in place which I previously considered empty. Let that "out of sight" area be blurry or shadowed. That way it will look somewhat natural.

As far as you can consider an invisible camera floating behind your back "natural"...

Though I think it might be a good way to avoid confusion about which areas you have vision on. I really would like something like this in game as by preventing peeking it would make third person servers playable in PvP situations.

Still if you want it natural or immersive you should play first person only.

The only way this will work for me if there would have been a real fog of war like in strategy games. I wouldn't like people just pop-up in place which I previously considered empty. Let that "out of sight" area be blurry or shadowed. That way it will look somewhat natural.

Or they could use that with a new camera position.

The combination together would ensure that pop up would almost never be visible.

This would encourage players to play in 1PP while still leaving them the ability to jump into 3PP to look at their character. Yes pls.

(Though 3PP still grants the advantage of seeing whether your character is perfectly hidden behind let's say a wall, while in 1PP you can't be sure if your gun is peeking out.)

Edited by Powerhouse

This would encourage players to play in 1PP while still leaving them the ability to jump into 3PP to look at their character. Yes pls.

(Though 3PP still grants the advantage of seeing whether your character is perfectly hidden behind let's say a wall, while in 1PP you can't be sure if your gun is peeking out.)

Yup thats the benefit of 4th wall mod + an adjusted third person view camera.

Everyone wins.