rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

I have to press "space" to get in an "armed-mode" to use melee-weapons? What is that supposed to be good for?

Edit: My mistake! He mentioned this issue!

Edited by Tabinator

Spot light culling fixed

That means flashlights will not go trough walls/objects anymore? that's why I don't play on night servers.

Nice patch!

The new lighting looks amazing, the invoronment looks refreshed and really really good (I don't know if you can make a difference in the ss but go take a look yourself)

5Lo6i55.jpg

The new two handed animation for the axe looks a bit weird but it's deadly accurate, tried it on a zombie. 

Qw2HCJN.jpg

The bad thing with the axe wielding is a bug where it gives you insane speed when sprinting. If you think punches up running was fast, go check out axe raised wielding. 

New lighting with gas lamp working nice. 

TYZnMeU.jpgDD9MoBz.jpg

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 21

I have to press "space" to get in an "armed-mode" to use melee-weapons? What is that supposed to be good for?

Known Issues:

Physics: Item throwing physics is currently disabled

Melee: Gestures currently do not work from two-handed melee

Melee: Cannot conduct melee attack from "lowered" melee stance (press space to chance stance to "raised")

If you don't mean this, I did not understand you.

Edited by Gugolas

can't wait to meat those farming hoes.(yes, the spelling is correct)

I'm gonna put all the hoes in a barn, and have a hoe down.

• Like 5

Heart attacks have been up on experimental branch since last week.  No big issue.  I've run around all over the place...no random heart attack deaths.  

You have only heart attacks when shocked. Defib serves the purpose of returning heart to regular beating and prevent the irregular heart beat ( attack ) when in shock - check pulse first. Very very simple mechanic. No randomness in them.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan

What is a farming hoe, and how was it configured with spawns?

(not sure what any of it means)

I am confused. Can anyone clarify for me? Never heard of a farming hoe

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A LIVING DOCUMENT AND CHANGES VERY OFTEN. AS NEW ITEMS ARE FIXED THEY WILL BE ADDED. 

ETA to Experimental: Within next 2 hours

ETA to Stable: No current ETA, dependent on testing results

• Gear: M4 attachment green variants added

What is a farming hoe, and how was it configured with spawns?

(not sure what any of it means)

I am confused. Can anyone clarify for me? Never heard of a farming hoe

http://t.co/2GEWZsN62Q

Configured with spawns simply means that it will now spawn.

Edited by Gugolas

God damn. I missed the 'known issue' section where Dean said that you have to press 'space' before melee combat. My mistake

Edited by Tabinator

I went to electro and a guy ran at me while i was looting a building. it was so laggy he hit me with his axe and i ran away. i tried to fight him indoor, but the combat is so incredibly laggy, it is heartbreaking. what a dick too, well i ate all my food before he got me. sadly my internet collapsed while we where fighting at that point. (alot internet problems past days) so at least i hit him once or twice. i reconnected but it said i have to wait 90 seconds or so and reconnect again.

what looked like combatlogging for him, it surely wasnt ! so i wont be playing for some time now.

Edited by epocx
  • Like 1

Known Issues:
  • Physics: Item throwing physics is currently disabled
  • Melee: Gestures currently do not work from two-handed melee
  • Melee: Cannot conduct melee attack from "lowered" melee stance (press space to chance stance to "raised")

I'm crying because no physics

:(

• Like 2

I went to electro and a guy ran at me while i was looting a building. it was so laggy he hit me with his axe and i ran away. i tried to fight him indoor, but the combat is so incredibly laggy, it is heartbreaking. what a dick too, well i ate all my food before he got me. sadly my internet collapsed while we where fighting at that point. (alot internet problems past days) so at least i hit him once or twice. i reconnected but it said i have to wait 90 seconds or so and reconnect again.

what looked like combatlogging for him, it surely wasnt ! so i wont be playing for some time now.

Hopefully your internet goes back to normal. The combat ain't that laggy, as the experimental servers with 40+ peeps is wild. Plus make sure its the closest server to you.

T2L6R2X.jpg

And i have a funny taste in my mouth.... 

• Like 2

I'm crying because no physics

:(

well, i also would like to c it...BUT...better have it not implemented yet, rather then uber-buggy crashin dayZ

Okay, no with zeds respawning we really really need the loot respawn... seriously..

• Like 1

fps seems worse for me when i just joined. than last patch.

Yeah, the first thing I noticed was sub-15 fps performance  :(

• Like 1

Known Issues:

Physics: Item throwing physics is currently disabled

Melee: Gestures currently do not work from two-handed melee

Melee: Cannot conduct melee attack from "lowered" melee stance (press space to chance stance to "raised")

If you don't mean this, I did not understand you.

the reading...is not good with this one.

But I've always worn my gas mask inside my motorbike helmet...

y u do dis?...

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 1

Gear: hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks

Why not? It's not implausible.

Seems there's a lot of 0.36 patch notes in there.

Isn't most of this copy-paste from the last patch notes?

As you would expect. Exp build updates are carried over until everything is pushed out to Stable. The patch notes are a compilation of all of the features and fixes between the last Stable build and the current Exp build. Saves us having to check multiple threads to find all of the differences.

• Like 3