rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

As if I hadn't just gotten used to the clunky, horrible gameplay controls; it seems as if in between patches someone said "the mouse controls don't suck enough, we need to make player movement way more difficult and annoying...."

Its like a roulette, you just hope and pray the bullet reaches its target. Weapons are terrible, but can't complain much its still in alpha, I just hope they won't stay like that.

And I also wish I knew when we are going to see grenades.

Edited by raynor009

Like I said, this issue is known and is being fixed at the moment. The thing is that your character is actually not dead when this happens. That is why the respawn button is not available. You can try logging in and waiting until you starve to death, the button will become available then. This is what a few people confirmed to be a workaround. 

I'm in a server for like almost 1h now, still got "hydrated" status and "hungry" still havent shown up. Not too good of a solution I guess.

why cant they just remove mouse acceleration?

oh its a lot of work nobody plays with it on or they give you a option to turn it off.

acceleration means adding to what you dont do. please fix or give option.

They want it in because it is a more realistic movement, it definitely need some work though. Maybe you'll be able to turn it off some day, but not any day soon.

meanwhile in breaking point we have constant zombies in hordes patrolling towns, numerous vehicles , respawning loot no mouse acceleration a better engine and better graphics and better fps and better map.

and that's free ! :lol:

love dayz but its fighting a losing battle. unless the Devs start picking up their game and start fixing stuff properly at a decent rate comparable with FREE mods ! :o then how can this game progress or even be finished.

yesterday i was thinking about it and all we have basically done is pay for the fun we have had on the mod for the last two years cause that was good.

Just to clarify if you did not know. You have to zero out your weapons based on the distance you are shooting. Dunno if you knew that or not.

Yes, well aware.

First post here. I felt compelled to create an account today based on my experiences yesterday on the exp servers.

Let me say first that I dig the game. Lots of good stuff...but;

As if I hadn't just gotten used to the clunky, horrible gameplay controls; it seems as if in between patches someone said "the mouse controls don't suck enough, we need to make player movement way more difficult and annoying...."

WTF is the deal with this? I've been around for quite a while and played my fair share of games. This game has tons of potential but is quickly turning into a game I don't see myself playing for long simply due to the terrible mouse movement. It's an instant dealbreaker for me.

Also, in a game so heavily based on weaponry and perma-death you'd think that the weapon accuracy would be better. I'm used to playing games like COD and BF competatively so I KNOW when I'm shooting someone in the face. Gun accuracy in this game is hit or miss, even when scoped in on the LRS, all pristine, crosshairs directly on face from only <400m, hold breathe, boom...miss.....!@##!@ Maybe make the guns shoot where you aim them....What's the whole thing with the bullets pulling down and to the left, like... are you serious?? How can a detail like that fall through the cracks in a game like this?

Welcome to the forums.

As said before, this game has bullet drop, and you need to adjust the zeroing on the weapon based on the distance you're shooting at. EDIT: Some people are concerned about the bullet spread. This is being discussed in a different thread. Check it out and join in.

The long range scope is bugged which is why the bullet goes to the left. They're fixing that.

As for the "clunky" controls, it's a matter of taste I guess. I like them. Others don't.

But then again, I also liked the negative mouse acceleration.  :rolleyes:

meanwhile in breaking point we have constant zombies in hordes patrolling towns, numerous vehicles , respawning loot no mouse acceleration a better engine and better graphics and better fps and better map.

and that's free !  :lol:

love dayz but its fighting a losing battle. unless the Devs start picking up their game and start fixing stuff properly at a decent rate comparable with FREE mods !  :o then how can this game progress or even be finished.

yesterday i was thinking about it and all we have basically done is pay for the fun we have had on the mod for the last two years cause that was good.

You still don't see how it's an unrealistic expectation for a game developed from the ground up to go as fast as a mod for a complete game?

Edited by Strawman

i must say something to the devs, dean hall published end of 2013 a road map where respawnable loot and zombies would come in early 2014, so for me early 2014 is over and nothing is there, only paintable guns and other useless thinks nobodey really needs.

so why you dont work on the loot and zombies ? it cant be that they see you over so long distances and then run through buildings and thinks like that.

Your first priority should be to fix these things, because only this things are the key for a perfect gaming expierince, nobodey needs 20 weapons in alpha, we only need respawnable loot und zombies but not the actuall zombies, and something against the hoppers, they hop all the day until they have their perfect equipment and then the go hunting on others, so this cant be it.

so dean and all of your dev team you have to bring this things in, or i think dayz will be a flop like warz and this would be horrible.

• Like 1

Correct.

For the rest of you...401) Duck Feeding:

The feeding of Ducks is strictly forbidden as it may result in undesired life extension.

Please REPORT the Ducks !

When exactly can we report a Duck?
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forums.

As said before, this game has bullet drop, and you need to adjust the zeroing on the weapon based on the distance you're shooting at. EDIT: Some people are concerned about the bullet spread. This is being discussed in a different thread. Check it out and join in.

The long range scope is bugged which is why the bullet goes to the left. They're fixing that.

As for the "clunky" controls, it's a matter of taste I guess. I like them. Others don't.

But then again, I also liked the negative mouse acceleration.  :rolleyes:

You still don't see how it's an unrealistic expectation for a game developed from the ground up to go as fast as a mod for a complete game?

from ground up so many have fallen for that shit its getting silly now.

its a tweaked arma 2/3 engine. who have they got working on it ? oh yeah thats right BI people who work on those very engines its hardly unfamilar ground. all i see is excuses for not doing what modders are doing better currently in other mods.

what the devs dont see is you dont have to try and go so fancy on silly shit and keep things simple and work. this is why people are scratching their heads at shit coming out or not coming out.

breaking point massive town many times bigger than arma 2 or dayz sa more zombies respawning constantly and loot spawning constantly fps ? 60 dayz 30 yet it looks worse zombies arnt respawning right and no proper loot respawning.

why even use the mess they have used? its a shambles and not thought about.

they could of used arma 3 engine had less messing around and still done better in a shorter period of time. they are trying to fix everything with plasters . it just isnt working. i love dayz but get a grip on this shit and start whipping this game into shape.

• Like 2

i must say something to the devs, dean hall published end of 2013 a road map where respawnable loot and zombies would come in early 2014, so for me early 2014 is over and nothing is there, only paintable guns and other useless thinks nobodey really needs.

so why you dont work on the loot and zombies ? it cant be that they see you over so long distances and then run through buildings and thinks like that.

Your first priority should be to fix these things, because only this things are the key for a perfect gaming expierince, nobodey needs 20 weapons in alpha, we only need respawnable loot und zombies but not the actuall zombies, and something against the hoppers, they hop all the day until they have their perfect equipment and then the go hunting on others, so this cant be it.

so dean and all of your dev team you have to bring this things in, or i think dayz will be a flop like warz and this would be horrible.

They are working on loot and zombie pathing though. ;)

its a tweaked arma 2/3 engine. who have they got working on it ? oh yeah thats right BI people who work on those very engines its hardly unfamilar ground. all i see is excuses for not doing what modders are doing better currently in other mods.

what the devs dont see is you dont have to try and go so fancy on silly shit and keep things simple and work. this is why people are scratching their heads at shit coming out or not coming out.

breaking point massive town many times bigger than arma 2 or dayz sa more zombies respawning constantly and loot spawning constantly fps ? 60 dayz 30 yet it looks worse zombies arnt respawning right and no proper loot respawning.

they could of used arma 3 engine had less messing around and still done better in a shorter period of time. they are trying to fix everything with plasters . it just isnt working. i love dayz but get a grip on this shit and start whipping this game into shape.

Ah, ok. So you're just impatient then? That explains a lot.

Edited by Strawman
  • Like 1

Yet another person who knows nothing about game development and how the artists and map makers and animaters cant work on fixing bugs. oh great just what we need.

• Like 3

Then play the mod and stop whining on here

Then go play mod and stop whining on forums

Edited by spartan54820
  • Like 3

Lizzie killed Mika, Carol shot Lizzie in the head from behind.

are experimental servers down?

Edited by Odahviing

Glenn shoots maggie carl shoots rick this has nothing todo with experimental, not sure if there down though

Wasn't that fixed in 036.branch?! Edited by Guest

Lizzie killed Mika, Carol shot Lizzie in the head from behind.

are experimental servers down?

I would say yes since I haven't seen an experimental server for five days, but it does seem like some people have been playing on them recently.

I have no ping limit on my server filter, but I can't find a single one... this is really annoying. 

I would say yes since I haven't seen an experimental server for five days, but it does seem like some people have been playing on them recently.

I have no ping limit on my server filter, but I can't find a single one... this is really annoying. 

Did you try to switch from experimental to stable and back again? Maybe something went wrong...

Hicks 3 hours ago via twitter:

@ponduzn exp is offline, has been for about 24 hours

Edited by Ellen Ripley

Wasn't that fixed with 036.branch?!

first post of that 120page madness:

Weapons: Long-range scope reticle properly centered

I have like 40exp servers in my list dont know wats wrong with yall, try battle eye no and ping 0

Did you try to switch from experimental to stable and back again? Maybe something went wrong...

I do this every time I go to play DayZ, I prefer to play on the Exp branch. But when I can't find any servers I switch back to the stable branch. I've also been able to see the exp servers with the stable branch loaded in the past, but now I can't find a single one.

Even though I saw the episode, please don't spoil TWD and stay on topic.  

Whoa, kind of felt like a moderator there.  I had this sense of power flow through me.  :)

• Like 1