Hetstaine

Rocket standing down from Dayz by end of year

weird how such a hot property through unprofessional use of media is probably going to end up like a leper in such a short period. quite amazing.

his own bad wordmanship has finally caught up.

• Like 1

No need to panic but I would like to see a roadmap for the next let's say 6 months or so to know which direction this goes and which features will be implemented ...also funny to see that I always was hated for saying the future of this game will be modding. Personally I don't think this will be further developed that long after full release...not talking about fixes and patches ( support) ...

Randalmcdaniels Yeah he might could of let it be known before dayz standalone came out BUT what if he just had a change of heart the last few days....I don't think the guy did all that much in the first place ...he wasn't that good of a player so it didn't seem like he played the game a lot so dayz might just run the same as always (I hope)

You people say he's resigning but after watching his interviews, or I mean him bumbling around in the game not paying attention to the questions being asked, I have a feeling he may have been let go prematurely. I like his vision but at a professional level he was not the guy you want for interviews

• Like 1

Get ready for micro-transactions or whatever if you want to continue seeing development on the game lol......

BI asked modders to finish arma 3 and they said GFY.

dean hall can ask modders to save his ass and keep the royalites flowing, but he'll likely get the same answer.

I think you need to check your facts mate.

Some of the glaring issues in this game are problems that should not even be released in an alpha, they should be sorted before alpha. If they can not sort it out before alpha how are they meant to sort it out after.

Glitches in alpha should be small things that are pretty insignificant and can be repaired pretty easy.

Not the main threat in the game being able to walk through every wall on the map, mapping out zombie AI is no easy task WHY HAS IT NOT BEEN DONE YET??????

And also you said it right here

'Once you understand that this is alpha, then you will understand that this is the skeleton and main part of where the main features and important aspects get added to the game. '

Once you understand that this is not happening and this is what is making people lose faith then you might stop defending them and asking for something close to what you were paying for, but you do what you do best and keep defending them while they cash in your money and when it does dawn on you good luck finding them at the top of mount Everest.

Please enlighten me as to what 'main features and important aspects' they have managed to get sorted since release ???

"The alpha phase usually ends with a feature freeze, indicating that no more features will be added to the software. At this time, the software is said to be feature complete." ~ Software Development Cycle

WHICH MEANS, we have all these features coming during these phase.

Already we have major security vulnerbalites fixed, weapons being added every few weeks, minor optmizations, new towns and areas, further function interactions, larger servers on the way, as well as more zombies, with vehicales, base building and more on the way.

Also take the time to read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

Then, explain to me how he's running off with the money when BI is the one that owns the game, he doesn't make that much money off this, he is a consultant, is staying through, even longer if needed to make sure the game goes in the right direction, while  also working hard with a dev team that has been doing a good job of working on this game to the best of it's limitations. Especially when you consider the fact that Dean is actually making a wise move to back off on the game once its reached the point of no longer needing him. The game is not just succesful because of him alone, it is because he and a dev team and a company worked together to help make this game from the basis of the mod he created. As far as I can tell, he's helping out and slowly letting go of the bike with training wheels because the little one is growing up and doesn't need much longer.

And finally to this point, if it really bothers you that much and you don't want to take the time and effort to read his thoughts over the past few months as well as attempt to follow the information that most of us have been doing through the development of this game, then I would recommend walking away from the game, go find something else and move on.

Get ready for micro-transactions or whatever if you want to continue seeing development on the game lol......

in store auction house

xp boost weekends!

starter tent/backpack -respawn with full gear!

new horse pets and gold dog collars on sale for only 4.99!!

or stock up on Zpoints to use in the store!

I hope you're making a parody of the doom posts, because if you're serious it's a shame. I usually like your posts in general.

Edit: And I just knew pacific_coast would have redirected blood flow over it.

You'd actually think he was enjoying this news, despite claiming to be upset by it.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina
  • Like 1

He got the money , and there he goes away!

I think dayz wont be finished until 2016 , but iam sure that in 2016 there will be much better games.

It is possible that we all throw our money away.

We will se time solves evrything!!!

I don't think he's taking the money and running....I think it comes down to the fact that the game will NEVER be what he thought it could of been and he's moving on to other stuff....Now what people should be asking is what dayz might turn into once he's gone for good....Maybe fast traveling....Super Guns....50 cent rap while doing drive by's on zeds <<<<I might like that one....But we all will see in time.

I hope we really see some direction and vision start to come from some of the updates.  This game is getting dull and it needs some new fire to get it going again.  

• Like 1

I hope you're making a parody of the doom posts, because if you're serious it's a shame. I usually like your posts in general.

Edit: And I just knew pacific_coast would have redirected blood flow over it.

You'd actually think he was enjoying this news, despite claiming to be upset by it.

It was a joke but in the future you never know....lol

He will start his own studio in New Zealand. I really understand his decision tbh.

Really? How? His excuse is that he isnt equipped to be a leader.. but he wants to start his own.. studio?please argue that owning a studio doesnt require leadership skills.

He can leave if he wants, he's leaving it in Bohemia's hands apparently. I haven't actually played Arma 3 but it seems like that game was a relative success and at least decently managed, so it's not like development of the game will stop completely, in fact the remaining development team will probably have more resources and staff available with Bohemia.

Edited by dvsilverwing
  • Like 1

It was a joke but in the future you never know....lol

It's hard to tell in this thread with some of the crazy predictions people are coming out with. :D

The fact that he has 10 months left wouldn't be a problem if it didn't take over a year to finish just 15-20% of the game. Unless BI pump some much-deserved resources into the game that made them rich in the first place, then it isn't going to reach its potential.

I have a feeling the main problem isn't even with rocket, but the way BIS have handled the situation. Leaving the standalone to be developed by a small team while all the resources were spent on ARMA3.

The correct thing to do, I think, would be to use some of the huge cash made from ARMA2:CO and ARMA3 to hire a large team to develop DayZ parallel to ARMA3, all using the ARMA3 engine and not wasting time with the tired old ARMA2 engine. Lack of foresight and negligence seems to have killed the momentum of this game :/

don't worry domina, my heart is breaking over the news god bless our savior rocket christ... ;)

lol!

enjoy NZ!

• Like 3

No need to panic but I would like to see a roadmap for the next let's say 6 months or so to know which direction this goes and which features will be implemented ...also funny to see that I always was hated for saying the future of this game will be modding. Personally I don't think this will be further developed that long after full release...not talking about fixes and patches ( support) ...

i have wasted 2k+ posts and... the amount of time....for what???! FOR WHAT??! can i trade it for bitcoins?

Edited by joe_mcentire

seriously some of his bs ideas floated out in the last few weeks made me think "does he realise this is dayz? or is his planning another game as he's making this?"

Edited by pacific_coast

don't worry domina, my heart is breaking over the news god bless our savior rocket christ... ;)

You're still acting like I'm some Rocket fanboi after me explaining to you that I have actually criticised him a lot lately, I'd recommend going and finding those posts if you actually care that much about what I think of Rocket. Something tells me you won't, it's just easier to act like anyone who disagrees with you is a fanboi and gets your post count up in the process.

So many children QQing.

He is creative lead as far as I am concerned, and his behaviour is what is seen and accepted in many projects - are all of you so naive.  In any deveopment project you need a "plant",a person that drives the creativity.

AS far as I am concerned I don't really have any issues.  10 months to drive creativity, backed up by a professional coding team - who will continue to update.  Seriously, some of you have real issues.

Edited by ShootingPains
  • Like 4

I love how people claim to throw away their life savings or something. i got my 30 dollars out of this game long ago, i'm already in the bonus.

Also by the time dean leaves the game will mostly be ready for beta. Its not like he is doing much besides pr at this point anyway. I always assumed this is how it would go since he sold the rights to dayz to BI in the first place.

Edited by Chucknorris405

That second link was just sad to read. We have people like that in this very community.