Hetstaine

Rocket standing down from Dayz by end of year

On a side note, Banished is really good.  

You're right, what the fuck am I doing here making fun of idiots? I could be enjoying my life! The sun is shining, I'm healthy, I'm not an entitled asshole freaking out over someone maybe leaving in maybe a year or so, maybe...

It's a good day to be alive! I'm going outside to smoke a cigarette and watch some clouds in my hammock.

Edited by McGarnagle
  • Like 1

GUYS LETS GET PARANOID AND LIGHT OUR TORCHES
BRING OUT THE FORKS AND THE DOGS
LETS STORM BI AND CHAIN Rocket to the Floor!!!!

Consumer power!!! 

hi. It's all cool. relax. He just wants to move up in life - not to be stuck with dayz all of his life. 

Wohoo we have another underage moderator.

Except this one has lied about his age as a precaution.

This forum is going to be dead well before the game.

123.gif

• Like 3

I'm just saying that I don't think being a homesick hand grenade had much to do with it

(Last one, I swear)

Clearly, you've never been away from home for over a year. That homesick feeling you got as a kid going to camp or staying at a friends house? That's not homesick. That's separation anxiety. Serve in the military, like Dean did, or move to the Czech republic for a couple years, and come back and tell us how being homesick can't be a real and serious thing.

Being homesick is a like a female orgasm. Once you've had it, you effing know it, and would never doubt it's power.

• Like 1

Did you even buy the game? And if so, can you try and transfer it to someone that will actually appreciate it? Someone smart, maybe?

P-E-R-S-P-E-C-T-I-V-E. Say it with me, kiddos. PERSPECTIVE.

If you really think that this interview with Rocket is comparable to the Sim City release, the fool is YOU.

And reading comprehension has dropped through the cracks on that one.

I'm not saying that the interview has anything to do with SimCity...

If you carefully read and understood what I wrote, I'm saying that as gamers we allow too much crap to happen to us. In this case the comment was made that this individual didn't care that it was only 30 bucks... so yes... it's PERSPECTIVE as you stated... but that doesn't mean it is correct.

Just because you may not give a crap that you just paid 30 bucks for something, there's 100's of 1,000's of others that think the same way. That's the same as telling a company, "hey it's ok... take my money, I don't give a flying f*ck that you took it and didn't follow through with a promise."

I'm also NOT saying that the same will happen in this case... I'm purely speaking about the "don't care" attitude. THAT is what will continue to take our rights away as gamers. No one willing to stand up for anything until it is too late... that is my point.

Directly challenges moderator on the basis of maturity and age, while acting like an immature douche.

This guy is filled with win.

Guy is a troll.

Good bye troll.

• Like 4

Directly challenges moderator on the basis of maturity and age, while acting like an immature douche.

This guy is filled with win.

Please elaborate on that ??

I'm actually rather excited to see him having free reign to make a DayZ like game how he wants and probably on a better engine too, perhaps something that doesn't require as much work to get basic stuff working smoothly lol I'm still gonna wait to buy the standalone in its Beta as that'll be a better time to buy it and will keep me entertained till Dean gets his game released.

Guy is a troll.

Good bye troll.

A troll, how did you work that one out.

Is that your one sided opinion or do you care to explain who other then the moderators i troll ??

GUYS LETS GET PARANOID AND LIGHT OUR TORCHES

BRING OUT THE FORKS AND THE DOGS

LETS STORM BI AND CHAIN Rocket to the Floor!!!!

Consumer power!!! 

hi. It's all cool. relax. He just wants to move up in life - not to be stuck with dayz all of his life. 

You don't move up in life if you renege on a tonne of your promises and haven't got the staying power to stick to things.  A lot of people hate their jobs, they still have to do them.  Due to the success of the alpha, aka the money we've given him, he's clearly decided to say fuck it, and walk out.  With the money we gave him.  To go make a different game, with the money we gave him.

A load of broken promises, he's like the New Zealand Peter Molyneux, lots of promises, that's it.  

I'll piss my pants laughing if he resurfaces asking for that early access money for his new project.  Tarnished reputation.

A troll, how did you work that one out.

Is that your one sided opinion or do you care to explain who other then the moderators i troll ??

K BYEEE!

giphy.gif

Edited by A_Typical_Noob
  • Like 1

The end of the year is 10 months away people....calm down.

So, about the time SA goes into Beta?

Certainly reassuring.

I have an idea. Let's make an in-game protest against this in elektro :)

• Like 1

I think what it is, is that he's(Dean Hall) butting heads with Bohemia studios on the certain things.  We don't really know the full story to the situation. We going to only know about this after 2 years from now.

Give the man a chance. 

• Like 1

You don't move up in life if you renege on a tonne of your promises and haven't got the staying power to stick to things.  A lot of people hate their jobs, they still have to do them.  Due to the success of the alpha, aka the money we've given him, he's clearly decided to say fuck it, and walk out.  With the money we gave him.  To go make a different game, with the money we gave him.

A load of broken promises, he's like the New Zealand Peter Molyneux, lots of promises, that's it.  

I'll piss my pants laughing if he resurfaces asking for that early access money for his new project.  Tarnished reputation.

Oh please...He's not leaving tomorrow, he's spending the next 10 months (Or longer by his own words), to finish up the game through Beta, where the Beta is mostly just cleaning up the game by release.

Oh please...He's not leaving tomorrow, he's spending the next 10 months (Or longer by his own words), to finish up the game through Beta, where the Beta is mostly just cleaning up the game by release.

Sssssh don't mix in truth and logic here... You'll confuse the ragers and trolls.

• Like 5

Aim is to feed the trolls don't spoil it with your logic wtfudge is wrong with you  :P

• Like 6

This situation, with Dean leaving, isn't unusual in game development. It happens. However, that he announced it in an interview... I think was poor form. I can't help to wonder if he didn't think about the repercussions that this would have, whether intended or unintentional.

A lot of people start second guessing, what-if's start popping up, and then the moderators have their hands full... honestly... I think it was a piss-poor and totally not thought out move. I can't believe that BIS actually would have sanctioned that interview.

The fact that Dean gave 10-months notice and caused this sh*tstorm of a rumor-mill doesn't bode well on his involvement with DayZ at all. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he was forced out of the door as soon as the logistics are sorted out by BIS.

This is one prime example why most big developers keep their mouths shut about things like this. Example, Irrational Games shutdown. We didn't know it was going to happen until it happened.

This announcement... poorly thought out... poorly presented and honestly... I hope DayZ SA doesn't suffer due to negligence.

Yes make a peaceful "Dean walk" through elektro. I'll be watching from sniper hill :D

Huh i have a better idea if IF he does any more live streams i am going to stream snipe him sing him the dip dip potato chip song.. Then thank him for starting an awesome game that allows me to be a douche or a hero and combinations of both...

Yeah it happens all the time.  Definitely.  Creative/design lead announcing he's stepping down before the beta has even started.  Yeah happens alllll the time.  

Aim is to feed the trolls don't spoil it with your logic wtfudge is wrong with you  :P

Can't help it, I hate trolls XD

• Like 2

Get ready for Perks and "akimbo" (or however do these COD assholes call them) guns. 

Vehicle handlings will be ported from GTA V. 

And player will have no carry weight limit and there will be more Barrets M82 than Cans of food in Elektro.

Also, you'll be able to spawn at friends location, and you'll be able activate Passive Mode, where you can't get killed.

8/10 servers will be No-KoS.

FCK skinheads.