Hetstaine

Rocket standing down from Dayz by end of year

males you wonder where the mod will be in those ten months. 10 months to catch up with mod and by ten months the mod will have even more stuff in.

did we do the right thing buying into deans dream of a standalone ? or was it a case of a way out to just do his own stuff.

i guess well see by Christmas but things often get delayed in december :lol:

• Like 1

You are far too optimistic

What makes you think Rocket with a new studio would be able to deliver a better open world, mil sim focused engine with a new studio.

Meanwhile Bohemia has over a decade in experience, the arma 2 and 3 engine are perfectly fine for what they are. The Arma 3 in particular is daam impressive.

Yes they are :) i was just thinking with a ground up build and Deans vision it could be a well more complete product out the door, for what he wants it to do. As much as the bi and DayZ team have done with what they it has been one of the best gaming experiences i have had, but damn..so many glitches and bugs that still need work after so many years :) It is like some of the bad stuff is built in so deep and it just cannot be made right.

One can dream.

Well by the sounds of it he always knew this. Im very glad DayzSA was all a ploy too fund his future projects....

The biggest EXPLOIT in DayzSA is that it was all an EXPLOIT.

LOL.

Edit: On a serious note... Why the fuck wouldn't he just keep this too himself? Seriously.

Edited by Blissful

Well by the sounds of it he always knew this. Im very glad DayzSA was all a ploy too fund his future projects....

LOL.

Have you ever given a Years Notice in any job you had?

• Like 1

LOL.

Yes, lets all pour more gasoline into the fire.

But he won't leave DayZ in the lurch - won't leave at a crucial time. "I would extend my involvement here as long as Bohemia wanted - needed - me," he stressed. In other words, there's flexibility

It's not fixed. But it will happen. Besides, what he say's makes perfect sense. Chill the hell out :-D

This.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Have you ever given a Years Notice in any job you had?

No ive never had a job where I had one gig and made millions, if that had of happened, yeah maybe I would have... A forum dev getting personal? Sheesh.

No ive never had a job where I had one gig and made millions, if that had of happened, yeah maybe I would have... A forum dev getting personal? Sheesh.

No, just pointing out that officially Rocket probably only has to give one or two months notice before quitting his job.  I think being transparent and letting people know his plans far into the future is pretty decent.

• Like 9

Get ready for Perks and "akimbo" (or however do these COD assholes call them) guns. 

Vehicle handlings will be ported from GTA V. 

And player will have no carry weight limit and there will be more Barrets M82 than Cans of food in Elektro.

Also, you'll be able to spawn at friends location, and you'll be able activate Passive Mode, where you can't get killed.

8/10 servers will be No-KoS.

• Like 2

Rocket did say before DayZ's release that he was a perfectionist and that He got the team to literally rework an item/idea three times over till it was 'perfect' (extreme paraphrasing) but he probably thinks that attitude will become a hinderance.

Still sad to see him go, especially considering how transparent he made the dev process to the community.

What I posted on reddit.

Btw guys Dean is talking about this on reddit.

• Like 1

I hope game is no going to change fundamentally in anyway with this reason.

• Like 2

Why is there no meme yet ?

You people disgust me.

• Like 10

No, just pointing out that officially Rocket probably only has to give one or two months notice before quitting his job.  I think being transparent and letting people know his plans far into the future is pretty decent.

It is decent my friend, but that's exactly what he should of done.. waited. At least waited longer till he made it public.

Edit: For wording.

Edited by Blissful

Wow. Some answers in this thread sound like Dean announced that he murdered your family.

It is perfectly normal that you leave a job, especially, if you work aboard and want to go home. Happens all the time, I've heard. That Dean gives a notice nearly a year before, is just, well, unusual. Normally you hear it the day they stepped down, but well, Mr. Hall seems always to be direct and honest. Maybe a little bit too much for some people.

• Like 2

He will start his own studio in New Zealand. I really understand his decision tbh.

Maybe he will make a lord of the rings game. Like about filming TLOTR in New Zealand and dealing with flat Pipsi from craft services and directing gay wizards. It'll be like Zork.

• Like 1

So.. is this one source trustworty that we can take this as a fact?
Maybe we will hear Dean soon about this.
To me that article sounds bs... or Dean is really good at acting on streams and suchs with his enthusiasm etc... or something has happened in last week or so that has made him change his mind.

But what ever the deal is with these news, I believe that there is capable people to take over this development.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

Dean on reddit:

[–]rocket2gunsRocket:

"When people see it's business as usual, I think they will forget pretty quickly. And it's not like I haven't said this before. Prague isn't my home, I've stayed here one and half years longer than I planned so far, in the end I'll have been away for three years when I planned to be away six months. I don't speak czech, for starters! That's not easy and not fun :)"

"[–]rocket2gunsRocket:

To be fair... the most important element of the story is that I am continuing to work on DayZ for the rest of the year, and more if required.

While I have outlined this intention before (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1vulr2/i_am_dean_rocket_hall_creator_of_dayz_and/cevx2m1), it's better that everyone knows my intention now, all the "drama" and panic comments... and then in a week nobody will give a crap and we're back to normal."

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ysdow/dean_hall_to_leave_bohemia_and_step_down_as/

Edited by Owain1122
  • Like 1

whats wrong with that? Who would not want to go home!?

Edited by kast

whats wrong with that? Who would not want to home!?

Yeah those Dwarves from The Hobbit just wanted to go back to New Zealand as well.

• Like 1

Why are people so worried about this?  What has Dean ever produced from start to finish?  He is a guy who had an interesting idea and started it, allowing others to "finish" it.  He isn't a professional developer.  He is an idea guy.  He has no track record.  To be perfectly honest, when he talks, it is always these vague concepts.  When someone brings up something, like bows or horses, it is as though he has never heard a single thing he doesn't like or that he doesn't want to add.  That shows a serious lack of focus.  The head of a development team NEEDS to be the source of focus for the team.

• Like 1

Dean, do you understand that I bought DayZ only because I have trust in your vision and project organization? And I bet not only I but many of us, customers. Bohemia's community = arma fanboys and they are few. Even though I enjoy playing arma from time to time I'll never play it as much as DayZ. And I'll never believe that some indie-like Bohemia will manage to pull off a beast project like DayZ. You brought us DayZ and showed that multiplayer horizon could be set so much further than casual theme parks and usual shooters. Only DayZ made us shit bricks and experience adrenaline rushes on regular basis!

Search for ideal gameplay is endless. Like any other road to perfection. You should understand that better than anyone else. With each new day, with each new job, with each new interaction you learn something, evolve and want to build a project better than before. But there's no point in that if every time you toss off unfinished things and hop to others. With experience you understand that you have to learn to complete your projects, even if they seem imperfect. Otherwise you can easily find yourself leaving a trail of half-baked and not finished projects. And complete things always, I'll repeat myself, always bring you closer to that distant unreachable perfection. The experience of finishing the job completely is that much more valuable for your future goals.

Dean, you are a Steve Jobs for DayZ! Don't leave! PLEASE FINISH IT!!1

• Like 1

"[–]rocket2gunsRocket [score hidden] 5 minutes ago

Yes I can work from home.

But I cannot lead a fifty++ person project from home :)

However, in a year's time the game will be mostly feature complete and it could be very unfair to whoever leads the development from this point if I am heavily involved, even just at a PR level - because I will eclipse that person."

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ysdow/dean_hall_to_leave_bohemia_and_step_down_as/

• Like 1

is good for rocket :)

he coming he seeing he conquering B)

in 2 years he going from coder to legend game designer with record breaker mod and maybe true classic game of all time top of charts in alpha FOR MONTHS :D

also he going to Everest and now maybe is time to stop stress relax spend some millions with pretty womans and cocaine parties like tony Montana he on top of world :thumbsup:  ;)

• Like 2