SxeDave

These M4 kids need to be dealt with.

But if you have to do a field repair on an inoperable gun then I'd take the Mosin every time.

This kind of nonsense is so prevalent that I forgive you for spouting it.

For all but the worst jams, an AR15 variant can be broken down to pin and bolt, and completely restored to firing condition, in a matter of seconds. It's like the LEGO of firearms, and was intended to be that way. The vast, vast majority of misfires are from the bolt not returning entirely to it's proper position, which is instantly fixed by slapping the "forward assist." No surgery required. If the bolt closes on the round and pierces the casing, you have a problem, but that's true of any weapon with a damaged live round stuck in it.

They're far from perfect weapons, but judging by the internet, you'd think we'd have won Vietnam if we'd have just used Winchester rifles and old Colt revolvers instead. It's all a bunch of crap.

• Like 4

Well, about realism...

If you use an M4, it should most certainly be a pretty loud gun. A NATO supersonic round can be deafening.

However, it is an accurate weapon with moderate recoil. But, it is not reliable. So why not make the M4 degrade or even jam overtime, and make it louder?

Total myth. The M4 is reliable. Please stop spouting Vietnam-era drivel.

• Like 3

nope.. even in the stone cold light of sobriety, still doesn't make sense.

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 1

How do you kill anyone with the shotguns?????

So far, I've been hit point blank with shotguns at least 3 times in the last month. Each time I was within 2 or 3 meters and EVERYTHING I wore got damaged, but I almost lost no health, and both barrels were fired at me. I proceeded to then axe 1 of the guys as he tried to reload, and the other 2 I used my sidearm to kill them.

A few days ago someone burst into a fire house trying to punch me, a bambi. I sawed off blasted him right in the chest, and he just kept coming. I had to put him down with my SKS.

I hear stories of people using the shotgun to great effect, so I'm not quite sure what the deal is.

I hear this all the time!  I ALWAYS carry a sawed off when I have an SKS or Mosin since I need the close combat punch.

Yesterday I was practicing a bit with the shotguns (having been gunned down in a failed attempt to be friendly).  I tried to talk to and eventually killed a guy with two rounds from the full length shotgun at the construction site in Berezino (after trying to talk to him for a minute and a half and having him pull his SKS).  I then moved to the hospital area where I killed an axe wielding nutbag.

Last night I meet up with my buddy, who watched the Berezino downtown with his sniper rifle while I bird dogged my way towards him (we spawned at different ends of town.  While making my way behind the buildings near the lumber yard, I spotted two fully gear M4 players.  One went into the piano building near the garment factory, the other went into that little green and red house next to industrial wall and appeared to be sorting gear. My friend couldn't get line of sight on the house so was moving positions.  I killed a zombie, went south to the other piano building to wait for my friend to get a good spot, and eventually headed back out (I didn't really want to risk getting killed by two M4 bandits).  When I went back, the gear sorting guy was still there and the other appeared to be in the industrial area.  I figured I would take the risk, pulled my sawed off, and made my way to the house.  I dumped two rounds into him at around ran off behind the nearby wall, waiting for his partner.  I wasn't sure of the result, but assumed he was dead or dying.

Sure enough, his buddy came flying in and ran into the back bedroom, pointing his M4 at the door and waiting.  For three minutes.  My buddy, from his hill, still couldn't get a look at them (this is a good spot to admit he was watching the wrong green and red house which explained a lot).  I finally moved closer with my SKS, hoping to just get a headshot through a back window, but none were clear.  I swapped to my sawed off, moved to the window to his left, and dumped a single shot into him at 6m.  Killing him.

So really, this idea that shotguns don't work seems odd.  Have you used the shotgun since the most recent patch when they tightened up the spread?

I handle a variety of military weapons on a weekly basis at a minimum. The M4 is not a loud weapon, yes supersonic ammunition is louder than subsonic but by comparison it is still a very quiet weapon compared to others.

You have a shotgun that takes 5.56mm?

I have shot guns that take the same ammo. Ruger Mini 14's, AR15s.

My take is you need to go die in a fiery car crash so we have to deal with less crutch m4 user. 

Super classy.

Killing M4 users isn't that hard.  It isn't a crutch, it is a tool.  You don't suddenly get good by having one.

Quit whining guys.

• Like 2

My take is you need to go die in a fiery car crash so we have to deal with less crutch m4 user. 

butthurt baddie is butthurt because the truth hurts.

The whole m16/m4 family of weapons are totally reliable lol. This whole argument of unreliable weaponry came from the Vietnam war where the first troops to use them were told they didn't have to clean them. Everyone knows you have to clean your weapon after use, even the AK ffs.

Why the hell do people keep talking about subsonic 5.56 ammo like thats even a common thing? .. You would need a specialized gun for this ammo or it wouldn't cycle, not to mention the fact that subsonic 5.56 ammo is pointless from a ballistic standpoint -- the freakin bullet is almost the same diameter as a .22LR it NEEDS the supersonic speed to have any impact whatsoever unless your like 50 meters away.

• Like 1

I don't see why people care if people server hop.  If it bothers you that much, just camp a server hopping location and kill the people as they hop into your server :) Make it a game.

problem is only that there is not much items usefull enough to fill your inventory... thats why everyone can have rediculous amount of ammo.. when they bring cooking etc people wont be carrying so much ammo/mags/clips...

You don't need to fill your pockets. You also don't need that big pack, all those cargo pockets or anything. When I wear clothes I use the improvised pack and its still more than enough room. Hoarding isn't a necessity, its a choice. I leave slots open so I can loot my kills on the fly without having to worry about playing tetris to fit a 2 slot item. When/if item weights/fatigue make it to stable I'll be that guy still running with unlimited sprint. The more you know the less you need.

Total myth. The M4 is reliable. Please stop spouting Vietnam-era drivel.

This

I have shot guns that take the same ammo. Ruger Mini 14's, AR15s.

....What? You named off rifles, not shotguns. Besides the AR15 is the civilian equivalent of the military M4 hence why its the exact same caliber with the same features minus the three round burst option. Most common shotguns come in 12 or 20 gauge, why you think that the rifles you named off are shotguns is beyond me. At first I thought maybe you made a mistake but you clearly replied to me talking about shotguns.

• Like 1

This M4 kid had skill if you were with 7 people looting NWAF and the majority got killed by the kid.
Or you all just sucked, one of those two.

• Like 1

Yea I do because if everyone is able to get an M4 which is easy as heck to get at this stage then it should be balanced with the other guns until more assault rifles are added like in the mod.

you mean a assaulters rifle or however its spelled, no such thing as a assault rifle. and i dont see why any gun should be limited, i think there should be a few full auto ARs in the military areas and a few semi automatic ARs in a random house, maby have zombies have firearms on them, after all they got infected and odds are they were fighting so im pretty sure some of them would have some sort of weapon on them

So you want to make it worse than it is in real life? You want someone with a fifty year old rifle to be on equal grounds with someone who is using military-grade weaponry?

Fascinating.

As if it's not underpowered enough.

Well, about realism...

If you use an M4, it should most certainly be a pretty loud gun. A NATO supersonic round can be deafening.

However, it is an accurate weapon with moderate recoil. But, it is not reliable. So why not make the M4 degrade or even jam overtime, and make it louder?

"not reliable" pfft.

maybe in 'nam it wasn't but it's perfectly reliable now. all it needs is weapon cleaning kit every now and then.

I handle a variety of military weapons on a weekly basis at a minimum. The M4 is not a loud weapon, yes supersonic ammunition is louder than subsonic but by comparison it is still a very quiet weapon compared to others.

You have a shotgun that takes 5.56mm?

i disagree with the ars not being a loud weapon, 223 is fairly loud and will make your ears ring for quite a little while if your the shooter or near the shooter, but if your 10+ yards away i agree its quiet, even my 22 makes my friends ears ring if i fire it beside them(we shoot on the same bench in my backyard)

'Better' is a weasel word, and 'Catagorically Better' even more so. It depends so much on definitions and biases for those terms. The M4 in pristine condition in RL verses a Mosin or SKS in similar condition and circumstances should in theory be more accurate and able to send more lead down range over a given time. But if you have to do a field repair on an inoperable gun then I'd take the Mosin every time.

Who said anything about field repair?

Why is everyone caught up on how loud this stuff is? Your character isn't wearing ear protection. You go shoot a rifle in 5.56 OR 7.62x39 OR 7.62x54R a couple times in real life without ear protection and then tell me how well you're hearing environment noises. Is an M4 "loud" compared to a hunting rifle in .308 or a hot loaded .44 magnum revolver? Not really. Is it plenty loud enough to wreck your hearing for the next few minutes if you blast off a full magazine in full auto? Yes. 

None of the guns in game are "realistically" loud because ear ringing after repeated shooting without protection isn't a thing. Also you can fire a hundred rifle rounds INDOORS and not be choking and deaf. I'm assuming they'll fix sound overall but until then who cares? Also even when they fix it it won't be realistically loud enough.

Also also the M4 is still a better weapon than anything else in game and if the game were properly balanced it would win every firefight assuming reasonably comparably skilled shooters. If you want balance go play a pvp oriented game. This game isn't about balance.

The whole m16/m4 family of weapons are totally reliable lol. This whole argument of unreliable weaponry came from the Vietnam war where the first troops to use them were told they didn't have to clean them. Everyone knows you have to clean your weapon after use, even the AK ffs.

Partly.  There were still significant issues with the M4 during Afghanistan.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/the-usas-m4-carbine-controversy-03289/

The M4 is one of the least reliable military rifles in use.  Potentially the worst.  And these are current tests, not Vietnam era.  Probably still overstated.

But give me an AK47 every time.

• Like 1