SxeDave

These M4 kids need to be dealt with.

read op, didn't understand so drank beer and tried reading it a second time.. still no luck, but it's a great thread so will drink another beer and try a third time to see if it makes more sense..

• Like 1

Well I know for a fact what a 5.56 sounds like at about 1/2 mile or 800ish meters (our shooting range is about that far from my house) definitely audible but has for sure lost that "crack" sound by that far.

**just to clarify thats on a clear day as well.

Edited by SaveMeJebus

read op, didn't understand so drank beer and tried reading it a second time.. still no luck, but it's a great thread so will drink another beer and try a third time to see if it makes more sense..

I'm sure it will only get better.  I will do the same when I get home.  Maybe I should go the NWAF (I haven't been in SA but once to perform a medical operation) so I can get some server hoppers.  I can't believe I've never thought of trying to camp server hopping locations.

Well server hopper down +1 in my book.  Thank you for sharing your tears with us all.

Well I know for a fact what a 5.56 sounds like at about 1/2 mile or 800ish meters (our shooting range is about that far from my house) definitely audible but has for sure lost that "crack" sound by that far.

**just to clarify thats on a clear day as well.

Subsonic or supersonic? :P

I'm sure it will only get better.  I will do the same when I get home.  Maybe I should go the NWAF (I haven't been in SA but once to perform a medical operation) so I can get some server hoppers.  I can't believe I've never thought of trying to camp server hopping locations.

Well server hopper down +1 in my book.  Thank you for sharing your tears with us all.

its great camping the NWAF barracks with a squad just waiting to hear the spawn sound, kill them through the windows 

its great camping the NWAF barracks with a squad just waiting to hear the spawn sound, kill them through the windows 

Why do you assume that's a server hopper? 

I was forced to log out the other day in one of the barracks. Just because I log back in I get shot as a server hopper?

Starts a post with...

Yea I was server hopping or at least had the intent to...

Expects people to take him seriously...

The M4 is categorically a better weapon.

'Better' is a weasel word, and 'Catagorically Better' even more so. It depends so much on definitions and biases for those terms. The M4 in pristine condition in RL verses a Mosin or SKS in similar condition and circumstances should in theory be more accurate and able to send more lead down range over a given time. But if you have to do a field repair on an inoperable gun then I'd take the Mosin every time.

They need to make it more accurate than the Mosin or SKS and reduce the recoil and muzzle flash

Then these "M4 kids" will expend less rounds and seem much more skillful

wait wat u want to make a full auto gun in a one hit game even stronger......your logic, it has ran waway and hid for i do not see it

wait wat u want to make a full auto gun in a one hit game even stronger......your logic, it has ran waway and hid for i do not see it

First, it's not a 'one hit game'. It's close but it's not one hit. Last time I got shot it took three Mosin rounds to put me down.

Second if it were, then it wouldn't matter what the weapons were. They'd all be equally deadly. One bullet from a Mosin would be identical to one bullet from a M4 and fire rate would be irrelevant to accuracy. 

Yes Mr Koala. It's too inaccurate.

• Like 1

I'll throw this in before I go - I don't mean that the M4 doesn't give a supersonic crack but people seem to think firing an M4 should sound like a 155mm shot out of a M777.

the m-4 is a loud weapon, it is much louder than a full size m-16. hell its louder than a g-3, which shoots a .308 nato round.

Nothing like a no skill m4 kiddo defending his crutch. 

Before I took my break, the only people who seemed to kill me with the M4 were people glitching through objects or people who came up behind me.

I routinely murdered the hell out of M4 users with any other gun because it takes a LOT of M4 rounds to kill you, and the accuracy on that gun is ridiculous, even with MP parts.

The M4 has become a LOT better, however, in close range fights if you know how to burst fire and ADS. Every gun, currently, is suffering from reduced damage due to damage dispersion because of clothing and items, meaning it can take upwards of 3 to 4 Mosin shots to render someone unconscious unless you aim for the head.

If someone is spraying at you with more than a mag of M4 ammo, and you can't carefully aim your shots to put a few rounds into them, like others have said, the problems is not the M4, it's you.

What the hell are you wearing where an M4 is taking you down in 1 hit?

So.... you server hop... get killed by the gun people bitch about the most about sucking.. which is far inferior in longer ranges then the gun you are using and could have used to kill them before they ever reach you... and... you're bitching... you sir.. however old you are, must remove tit from mouth.

Edited by Dontstealmycheese
  • Like 1

Yea I do because if everyone is able to get an M4 which is easy as heck to get at this stage then it should be balanced with the other guns until more assault rifles are added like in the mod.

M4 aren't that easy to get unless you server hop and/or make a long journey west to find one.

I normally just take my shot gun and kill a guy with an M4 in Berezino.  Berezino has lots of buildings and walls, making engagements fairly close if you pick your battles.  When fighting in those settings, popping out behind a wall with a shotgun can be positively lethal.  Then you just need to scoop up that M4 and use it as your own.

Yes!  And it sucks that you were pinned down in a barracks and "forced" to log out.

...Yes, I know you probably meant server restarted.  I could say welcome to Alpha but I know you wouldn't take to kindly to that, so..

:beans: Welcome to DayZ  :beans:

No I mean I was forced to log out by issues in real life. If I had time I would go outside the base and hide out in the scrub somewhere before logging off, as usual, but that's not always an option. 

Just a bit lame that you'd just pop me under the assumption that I am doing something wrong rather than find out. If I was a legit server hopper it's likely I'd shoot at you first anyway, but if you just asked I'd be quite friendly.

Edited by Nicko2580

the m-4 is a loud weapon, it is much louder than a full size m-16. hell its louder than a g-3, which shoots a .308 nato round.

Actually, the M16A1 is MUCH louder than the M4, especially using a supersonic round.

The m4 will eventually become quite scarce. Let the kids have their fun with that and their full military gear until then. Their reaction to the deprivement of all that will be that sweeter to the rest of us.

No I mean I was forced to log out by issues in real life. If I had time I would go outside the base and hide out in the scrub somewhere before logging off, as usual, but that's not always an option. 

Just a bit lame that you'd just pop me under the assumption that I am doing something wrong rather than find out. If I was a legit server hopper it's likely I'd shoot at you first anyway, but if you just asked I'd be quite friendly.

Well that sucks you were forced to log, but if someone spent the time to camp the NWAF and I saw you log in.  At that point they probably wouldn't really care how or why you got there.  I think most ppl KoS at airfields due to the nature of the loot that spawns there and distance from the shoreline.

No big pics please. especially off topic ones.

L

Well that sucks you were forced to log, but if someone spent the time to camp the NWAF and I saw you log in.  At that point they probably wouldn't really care how or why you got there.  I think most ppl KoS at airfields due to the nature of the loot that spawns there and distance from the shoreline.

Yeah I get that. I am cautious and have a shoot first mentality at the airfields too for the most part. If I got the drop on someone though I'd likely talk to them first.

I'm just saying that if you had the drop on me and gave me the chance instead of just shooting me through the window, it's likely that I'd share what I'd already looted last time I logged in and leave you to loot the rest. :p

I mostly go there looking for stuff to trade, rather than keep for myself. I always have a few M4 parts, a scope, some mags, ammo etc. My plan is usually to head back to the coast to trade and bodyguard bambi's.

Actually, the M16A1 is MUCH louder than the M4, especially using a supersonic round.

if using the same ammunition, the m4 is higher db than m16(which means the m-4 is louder). the shorter the barrel, the louder the rifle will be when using the same ammunition.

Edited by hellcat420
  • Like 1

Yeah I get that. I am cautious and have a shoot first mentality at the airfields too for the most part. If I got the drop on someone though I'd likely talk to them first.

I'm just saying that if you had the drop on me and gave me the chance instead of just shooting me through the window, it's likely that I'd share what I'd already looted last time I logged in and leave you to loot the rest. :P

I mostly go there looking for stuff to trade, rather than keep for myself. I always have a few M4 parts, a scope, some mags, ammo etc. My plan is usually to head back to the coast to trade and bodyguard bambi's.

I'm not the one that said I would shoot you through the window :) but odds are I wouldn't engage in conversation at airfields.

Also, how the heck do you trade with someone who has nothing?

too be honest a huge pic of cheese was totally ontopic for that much whine...=X

He gave the off topic pic more of a warning for a reason :)