SxeDave

These M4 kids need to be dealt with.

Hmmm ok as it stands now the m4 is  probably nerfed in regards to its actual effectiveness you want to do what make it worse???? why because you were engaged in mid range combat with a weapon intended to excel at that range...

The mosin on the other hand might be slightly better than its real counter part ( never fired a mosin in real life but i had a chance to fire a few m4's while in the army they were pretty good on a range( never fired in combat as they are not standard issue in australian army) and i can accept that to give a weapon advantage at range..

Id say its a prelude weapon to future range bolt action rifles but honestly i wouldnt want to face a m4 with an old rifle unless i was 400 m plus out and in cover , any closer and in open id expect to die...

Balance the m4 by making it very rare to find not by turning it into a pop gun ( which is what the audio sounds like lol)

Glad I could help you laugh and forget your sad pathetic life. 

I'm sorry you have to resort to insulting people.  It says a lot of about your character.

Since you are clearly very interested in my life.  I will tell you that I am actually in a very good place right now having just finished purchasing my first property.  Sorry to disappoint  :P

I have played this game since release day and the mod since the summer of 2012. I never once called for a nerf because there were a lot of guns, now there are only a few old guns and 1 assault rifle. Since everyone flocks to that assault rifle I suggested temporarily nerfing it. Like I said about the BF3 M16 especially, the people that insisted on keeping that gun unerfed were the exact reason that BF4 is bad now and that BF3 didnt capitalize on CoD's downfall. I'm just warning you thats all.

He never said you haven't played the game for a long time like a lot of us here on the forums.  He simply said:

So you are terrible at the game and lazy at that and because you got killed by someone you want something to be nerfed. Your claims and assumptions are totally legit bro.

We have all been warned.  Thank you, Sir.

Please stop.

The m4 is not a loud gun, the M16 is less of a loud gun.

You want a loud gun? Try a 30-06 stalking rifle with a 16.5" barrel.

Where do you kids get this stuff?

The m16/m4 variant makes a loud, high-pitched cracking noise. This being said, it also depends on the size and type of round exactly how loud it will be. A supersonic round will have a louder crack than a subsonic round, due to it's being faster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEvUWQLqoZg Not the loudest gun, but my point is it's a lot louder than the M4 and certainly should be louder in-game.

The m16/m4 variant makes a loud, high-pitched cracking noise. This being said, it also depends on the size and type of round exactly how loud it will be. A supersonic round will have a louder crack than a subsonic round, due to it's being faster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEvUWQLqoZg Not the loudest gun, but my point is it's a lot louder than the M4 and certainly should be louder in-game.

Shorter barrel = louder.

why did the shite thread spawn 5 pages? 

fuck off you idiot, you died, get used to it.

Edited by Max Planck
Not okay. Make do without that, please.
  • Like 1

LOL... you get into a fire fight with a guy who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and think a gun should be nerfed.  I could see you calling for a nerf if the guy shot all three of you and killed you all in one or two shots each from a good distance away, but firing 600 rounds and missing all but one of those shots you think a gun should be nerfed.  Then anyone who disagrees with what you say is automatically what ever name you feel like calling them.  Do the world a favor and do NOT have any children... EVER.

• Like 2

LOL... you get into a fire fight with a guy who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and think a gun should be nerfed. I could see you calling for a nerf if the guy shot all three of you and killed you all in one or two shots each from a good distance away, but firing 600 rounds and missing all but one of those shots you think a gun should be nerfed. Then anyone who disagrees with what you say is automatically what ever name you feel like calling them. Do the world a favor and do NOT have any children... EVER.

I am legitimately surprised sperm version of OP won the race... Were the others worse?

in all seriousness, this thread is a waste of megabytes.

Edited by Guppy the DayZ Medic

I have played this game since release day and the mod since the summer of 2012. I never once called for a nerf because there were a lot of guns, now there are only a few old guns and 1 assault rifle. Since everyone flocks to that assault rifle I suggested temporarily nerfing it. Like I said about the BF3 M16 especially, the people that insisted on keeping that gun unerfed were the exact reason that BF4 is bad now and that BF3 didnt capitalize on CoD's downfall. I'm just warning you thats all.

BF3, BF4 and COD are all crap games. Those are the usual recycled garbage AAA titles big companies make to appeal to the masses of drones and sell as many copies as possible just to discard it as soon as it is somewhat playable/they run out of expansions to charge people for. So comparing them to a project like DayZ would be a grave mistake.

As for your instance, if you can't hit a guy in the time frame it took him to fire and reload that many rounds you are definitely lacking in skill and apparently so does he. That is why many noobs chose the M4 because of the rof. It takes a lot more skill to use the other weapons, so they just use the M4 and spray and hope for the best. It is a go to weapon for noobs, but by no means OP, in fact it is inaccurate as hell right now. Although I am really having a hard time believing anything you say since you are making so many assumptions (such as the amount of rounds the guy fired and what type/amount of magazines he used 8l )

Gosh this whole topic is moot, since loot is far from balanced.

In the future we can expect military stuff to be MUCH more rare, then it is now.

Btw they should also fix the double mag, it should not mean 60 bullets, but only 30 + extra fast reload.

edit: also to call for nerf, because somebody got sprayed with assault rifle, is really fascinating logic!

Edited by Hombre

You don't go looting the barracks with a SKS. Unless you can actually handle it. Or you get suppressed, lay down and cry, cry a lot, like I see it happened. One of the guns in any game is always the spray and pray. Get a M4, or a guy who provides overwatch with an actual sniper rifle. If he emptied 10 mags on you he didn't have skill at all, or simply it wasn't his plan to 3 hit you, but only to pin you down. You can't balance guns too much. If you have a certain gun it doesn't mean you have a big chance of killing anyone (if he was your victim at range he might be crying to nerf the other rifles too). Guns are not fair, combat is not, either.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

i guess i kinda agree with the OP, beacuse M4's are just too common, i was a fresh spawn in hardcore, after 3 hours of play i had found x1 mosin,, x3 Blaze, x2 M4, x1 Shotgun. Admittedly i was playing on a low pop server after a reboot, although it seems there is only 1 or 2 hardcore servers with high population and they are always full :/

the M4 spawns should be heavily reduced as of now, i think they shouldnt wait for more weapons, they should cut the spawns of it by more

Hmm, I always find people with M4's can't hit anything. Even once in a barracks building I was at one end of the corridor a guy with an M4 as the other, he sprayed a 30 rnd mag at me. Only 1 bullet hit, meanwhile 8 of my SKS bullets connected, 4 hitting objects, 4 causing bleeding.

My opinion is, that you are a nooby server hopper, who obviously cant deal with any threats... Play more tactical, dont hopp in/out at military bases and you wont have any trouble.

Newb gets owned by newb = Newb rage

So all in all it was an awesome moment of dayz fun, but im tired of the no skill M4 kiddo's. There needs to be more of an incentive to not use the m4, first off 30rd mags spawn way way way too often.

There is an incentive to not use it: It's incredibly (unrealistically) inaccurate. As evidenced by the guy you mentioned missing his first 100 shots or so. 

Please stop.

The m4 is not a loud gun, the M16 is less of a loud gun.

You want a loud gun? Try a 30-06 stalking rifle with a 16.5" barrel.

Where do you kids get this stuff?

I handle a variety of military weapons on a weekly basis at a minimum. The M4 is not a loud weapon, yes supersonic ammunition is louder than subsonic but by comparison it is still a very quiet weapon compared to others.

Ive never fired an M4 but have shot guns that take the same ammo as it and no they are not that loud compared to most guns. But they are too quiet in the game, they almost sound like an frigging bb gun going off.

You have a shotgun that takes 5.56mm?

You have a shotgun that takes 5.56mm?

Rofl. Also as a side note, sounds are bugged/not working as intended right now.

I forgot to ask this earlier. Who the fuck carries around 600 rounds? Thats just like dropping a box of treasure to the player that kills you.

problem is only that there is not much items usefull enough to fill your inventory... thats why everyone can have rediculous amount of ammo.. when they bring cooking etc people wont be carrying so much ammo/mags/clips...

problem is only that there is not much items usefull enough to fill your inventory... thats why everyone can have rediculous amount of ammo.. when they bring cooking etc people wont be carrying so much ammo/mags/clips...

That and ammo/magazines/clips/speed loaders spawn in abundance at the moment because they are not balanced yet.

I agree with it being louder, but extend that to every single weapon. Current gunshots are all firecrackers. Pathetic sound design from a studio this old to be honest.