SxeDave

These M4 kids need to be dealt with.

Yea I was server hopping or at least had the intent to; yea it was one of the only times ive ever done it because I wanted to get one of the people I was playing with geared up quickly; dont act like you never do it because I bet 8/10 of you do it or have done it. So it starts out with my brother, myself, and my friend. We all get to the NWAF and log out and not play for a few days. We get back on tonight on a daytime server with 7 people (who all turn out to be at the NWAF). My friend is in the barracks looting while we keep watch and all of the sudden CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK x40 and not one shot hit on me or my brother who were using SKS's and I had an extra mosin in my hands. 

So we quickly locate and engage the guy and I hit an impressive shot on him with the unscoped mosin and he goes down. Little did I know that the guy I killed also had a mosin and not an M4 which his friend that I did not see had. When I thought we were all done CRACK x20 and I absorb a hit to the foot, I run around to the end of the barracks and bandage myself all the time the gun fire is going on mainly from the bandit shooting at us. Meanwhile my friend's bullet riddled body is dead inside the last room in the barracks so he's done. I say to my brother "try to save him and ill hold the guy off, my brother trying to save my friend with anything like morphine, defibs, blood transfusions etc. is hit with another mosin sniper round and dies. I eventually meat my fate from the M4 guy who emptied at least 10 30rd mags and 5 60rd mags on me before I was dead.  

So all in all it was an awesome moment of dayz fun, but im tired of the no skill M4 kiddo's. There needs to be more of an incentive to not use the m4, first off 30rd mags spawn way way way too often. They should almost be non existent at this stage in the game when there isnt a lot of guns. Second off they should all spawn in damaged condition and you need to clean them to make them pristine again. The next thing is the recoil needs to be greatly increased even when feathering the trigger. The final thing is that the gun needs to be much louder as to create a greater risk of using it on populated servers. Your opinions?

So you want to make it worse than it is in real life? You want someone with a fifty year old rifle to be on equal grounds with someone who is using military-grade weaponry?

Fascinating.

• Like 16

So you want to make it worse than it is in real life? You want someone with a fifty year old rifle to be on equal grounds with someone who is using military-grade weaponry?

Fascinating.

Yea I do because if everyone is able to get an M4 which is easy as heck to get at this stage then it should be balanced with the other guns until more assault rifles are added like in the mod.

My opinion is that if the guy fired over 600 rounds (10x30 = 300 + 5x60 = 600) at you and you couldn't kill him, the problem is your own. 

• Like 8

They need to make it more accurate than the Mosin or SKS and reduce the recoil and muzzle flash

Then these "M4 kids" will expend less rounds and seem much more skillful

• Like 7

The weapons should be (and sort of are) about realism, not balance. The M4 is categorically a better weapon. I don't think if you offered any modern soldiers a straight up trade, their M4 for a 125 year old bolt action Russian rifle they'd take you up on it.

You're free to not use the best tools available if you'd like, but don't whine when you choose not to and then die by them. 

• Like 6

Yeah I'm thinking if you counted at least sixty rounds, the shooter either sucks, or the m4 needs tweaking. Frankly, you headed into military rat territory, you should expect some fellow barracks humper to be sprayin an prayin.

Starts off by admitting to server hopping then complains when someone with no skill who can't him with an automatic gun believes the gun should be nerf'd.

I am totally confused here.  If a no skill player couldn't get you with a gun you think is over powered what are you asking for?  Sounds like you wish your server hopping would result in more M4s for yourself.

It's too bad you didn't get shot up more.

• Like 4

My opinion is that if the guy fired over 600 rounds (10x30 = 300 + 5x60 = 600) at you and you couldn't kill him, the problem is your own. 

Yea I should have run away because of where he was but couldnt because of the other people shooting at me, we were surrounded by a group so it was engage or die trying. 

I'm with the other guys on this one.

I think one of the main draws for a game like this (and definitely the arma series) is the fact that they spend a lot of time modelling the weapons to be accurate in-game representations of their real life counterparts.

That is to say the weapons are modeled to behave in game as they would in the real world.

Weapon balance is more of an issue in other more action oriented games.

Edited by Rhodes
  • Like 1

Well, about realism...

If you use an M4, it should most certainly be a pretty loud gun. A NATO supersonic round can be deafening.

However, it is an accurate weapon with moderate recoil. But, it is not reliable. So why not make the M4 degrade or even jam overtime, and make it louder?

Yea I should have run away because of where he was but couldnt because of the other people shooting at me, we were surrounded by a group so it was engage or die trying. 

So again, you're complaining about a weapon that a scrub couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with and only managed to kill you with what sounds like luck? 

I'm not sensing a compelling argument for modifying the M4 here. And no, before you accuse me of being an M4 kid, I use the Blaze or the Mosin. 

I collect M4 parts and trade them down on the coast, but I don't use them myself.

Nothing like a no skill m4 kiddo defending his crutch. 

LOLZ ur funny guy.

I prefer the Mosin if you must know.  I also some how find that gun a lot more often but then again I don't server hop airfields so...

Yea I was server hopping or at least had the intent to;

I was dead.  

Your opinions?

Awesome. 

• Like 11

So again, you're complaining about a weapon that a scrub couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with and only managed to kill you with what sounds like luck? 

I'm not sensing a compelling argument for modifying the M4 here. And no, before you accuse me of being an M4 kid, I use the Blaze or the Mosin.

Yes, that's exactly what he's saying.

firstly, all fire arms will be rarer once the improvised weapons etc are added. Secondly OP is crying about dying while being indoors with a bolt action rifle. None of the weapons in dayz require skill, the only exception being I suppose if you're trying to engage at greater than 300m with a LRS on a mosin. You server hopped, Im glad you got shot up on a personal level. All in all your entire post is just a whaaa tears/whining thread to which I offer you the following I also take solace knowing your type wont be in the game anymore after a month or two. 

To go with all your whine

<snip>

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

They should almost be non existent at this stage in the game

They need to be so they can be throughly tested as we are in alpha. "At this stage in the game" doesn't matter in the slightest - its what the final product will become that is important and it has already been said many many times that M4s and military gear in general will become rarer as improvised items come into play.

By the way, some real life experience for you.

30 round mags are military standard.

The M4 has incredibly low recoil.

The M4 is not as loud as people think.

Edited by Dethsupport
  • Like 1

Hahaa. The dude fired 600 rounds at you, had trouble killing anyone with 600 rounds, and you think the gun needs to be nerfed? Or you're just mad cuz he had the option to spray and pray while you didn't? Cuz thats what it sounds like.

Hey man, different guns have strengths and weaknesses. The strength of the m4 is that its automatic and has a high mag capacity.

Nerf your own stupidity, then come back and try posting again cause I kinda doubt you're going to get anyone to agree with you here. Which probably should indicate to you that you're wrong.

Also, while you may find it hard to believe, not everyone server hops for gear. Just baddies who value gear over gameplay then cry on forums and beg for nerfs when they die hopping. Frankly I'm surprised you didn't just combat log.

They need to be so they can be throughly tested as we are in alpha. "At this stage in the game" doesn't matter in the slightest - its what the final product will become that is important and it has already been said many many times that M4s and military gear in general will become rarer as improvised items come into play.

By the way, some real life experience for you.

30 round mags are military standard.

The M4 has incredibly low recoil.

The M4 is not as loud as people think.

I really hope they don't make firearms in general too rare though. Shotguns and hunting rifles and some pistols should be uncommon, not rare. Military loot definitely rare.

Edited by Nicko2580

Arghhh! Somebody killed me with (insert wpn name here)  pls nerf it! ...

Edited by SaveMeJebus

Arghhh! Somebody killed me with (insert wpn name here)  pls nerf it! ...

This should be the thread title. I like how he ignores that almost every firearm is found in pristine condition not just the m4. 

I'll throw this in before I go - I don't mean that the M4 doesn't give a supersonic crack but people seem to think firing an M4 should sound like a 155mm shot out of a M777.

ALLLLLLLLLLLPHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA. And in my opinion, the m4 is underpowered.

• Like 1