mattlightfoot

Hotfix changelog: Stable Branch: 0.35.115188

Did you even read the first post in this thread?

Did you even read what I post?

my game keeps locking up, I dunno if it's to do with my game version and what the server is running.

DayZ_2014_02_13_01_46_51_580_zps86ea9d3c

in the browser server version it says the server is 115188 but loads -

DayZ_2014_02_13_01_28_47_915_zps2353339e

same here :/ and it takes me a while to load in too.

my fps is very fine now after the last patch.

Had big issues before, but now I´ve got stable 60fps on open fields and in the forest, and about 40-35 fps in towns.

Thanks for that nice patch, go on this way.

Over 1 million copies sold at $30 a piece.........$30,000,000.00. There are people developing games in their parents basements that progress faster than this project.

• Like 1

omg guys. stop crying. "it is alpha", sometimes it works, sometimes not. sometimes you have everything and lose everything because of a bug. "it is alpha" and that`s it. it happens to many people every day. maybe tomorrow you can play normally and get all that stuff in a couple of hours. this is the way this game works. there is no reason for crying at devs. they do good work as fast as possible. i think it works well for a alpha game. and! a hotfix is NOT really a patch. :)

have more fun. it will be great in the future!

yes it's alpha and there is no guarantee when it's finished it will be running any better, so simply assuming so is ignorant.

• Like 1

How long do they have this? It`s like month or so. Needs time to get into progress with new developers. And i dont know if they invest in more developers. But its true. They should.

I hope it will. Doing an alpha is a promise for a good working main game. But if not. They already earned that money. ^^

I'd like to take this opportunity to say a big thanks for fixing this bug..

and also say a big 'fuck you' to all those people who upon hearing of said bug after the last patch that we who were affected by it were somehow wrong and saying the game was/is perfect 'all the time'.

Grow some balls, and tell it like it is, if something in the game is broke then it needs to be addressed, DONT keep up the 'i love you rocket'.. 'you can do no wrong'.. 'dont listen to them haters' type of attitudes 100% of the time as its not only very annoying, its detrimental to the games progress.

We all like the game as is evident by our passions, but please... keep it real people for the benefit of all of us, you can easily resume sucking Rockets man pole after the game is finished, to your hearts content.

I played for about six hours before the patch and never experienced and FPS drop or crashing. Out of the six or seven of us playing together, 4 experienced the fps nightmare. We were trying to go through everyone's hardware/settings and to maybe see if there might be a pattern but there was none. So I can resume sucking Rockets man pole..................Good job Rocket!!

omg guys. stop crying. "it is alpha", sometimes it works, sometimes not. sometimes you have everything and lose everything because of a bug. "it is alpha" and that`s it. it happens to many people every day. maybe tomorrow you can play normally and get all that stuff in a couple of hours. this is the way this game works. there is no reason for crying at devs. they do good work as fast as possible. i think it works well for a alpha game. and! a hotfix is NOT really a patch. :)

have more fun. it will be great in the future!

Yes Alpha,I was ok with Zombies walking through walls and other bugs

it does not excuse thorough testing before "forcing" the public to update!

There is a selection for a Key to be entered for testing in the properties tab

To "Unlock" a "Private Beta" and that should be used for testing for who ever wishes to or is asked or selected

Squads/Clans could be used for testing as well as servers

Also,having several different combinations of Pc's and settings,vid cards etc. would help alleviate catasrophy's such as this patch and it's hotfix

Leaving the public to actually bug test looking for insignifacant bugs

I am ok with Alpha version of games,and there bugs

I am not ok with rushing a patch out,as well as a hotfix that does not work for the majority

and I read well among the threads before I posted my first post

Thorough,responsible testing of patches/updates and hotfixes is what is needed

and a possiblity of rolling back a patch if wanted would be usefull,this mandatory auto update with a patch that failed as much as this may be thought for the future

Harsh critisism it may be,but I am not a fan boy of anything

I like something I purchase it,if I like it so be it

I like DayZ,the concept,the challenge and it looks good and the find the loot to succeed and keep healthy is really cool

Everything about "The Game" I like,I have no complaints with the game

Just the update and hotfix and how it was implemented

I also have never liked quantity over quality,and I would have sufficed for more testing than getting hardhats,sewing kits etc.

Maybe a tent,something usefull that you can keep some gear in as the mountain pack fills awfull quick,even with cargo pants,tactical vest etc.

You can always use and could need more storage..... as well as a place to sleep when logging out ;)

Don't get me wrong,I like DayZ and truly think it is a wonderful game,even as it was two weeks ago when I bought it ;)

But if this is any indication of the way the game is going to be handled and updated

I will most likely shelve it and I will wait until finished

If better testing and implication of patches comes about,I can then enjoy the game for what it is as it progresses

help in bug testing as running about the countryside.....instead of not even being able to use it!

Sorry for the harsh words,but seriously something better needs to be done about the updated process

I will wait for a stable patch,when I read all is good again I will try to play again :)

Cheers

i'm in the same boat as you, this game ran like butter when i first got it, now since the last couple patches it is like a slideshow, even inside a building i'm lucky to get 20fps it's crazy, out in a open field i am fine with 50fps or so, but in a town i am lucky to get 12-14, tried turning down settings and it literally doesn't make a difference, the same on experimental as well.  I know it's alpha but not sure how this game runs at a 1/10th of the fps that i get on skyrim or elder scrolls online.

You guys obviously have no idea how the arma2/TOH engine works to process graphics, AI and level geometry in particular. It sounds you are just being CPU bound and you have probably had the same performance the whole time and just not taken much notice. Try changing server to low pop or putting object detail on very low to increase performance in towns.

I have experienced none of these issues in five hours of play. 

Ok well.I have to apologise..it seems my freezes were related to shadowplay. I'd turned up the bit rate too high. Turning it back down fixed my freezes. Still getting periodic rubber banding though, not huge but still annoying when you warp back a few feet. FPS seems ok.

Over 1 million copies sold at $30 a piece.........$30,000,000.00. There are people developing games in their parents basements that progress faster than this project.

Well over 1million. We're closing fast on 1.5 million actually.

Edited by Irenicus

I just got done playing for an hour and the game plays fine again.

The thing with development is that any time you introduce new content/mechanisms/etc, you are going to break other things. The QA process generally does not catch everything. It is true, that a dedicated QA team can do a good job finding bugs before an update is released...but some always sneak through...and some bugs just don't crop up until an update is released to the masses.

Some people complain that others keep crying 'alpha', but that is what it is. Just because they have a foundation does not mean that the game is close to being completed. We are helping test new game features as the game is being made.

I am ok with the progress.

• Like 1

Im getting 2 to 5 second freezes with after switching back to this stable branch. I also applied about 12 updates from Windows update, so i don't know for sure its the game, but i get no freezes in Windows.

Win7 64, 16gb, 570SLI, 334.67, Asrock p67 Extreme4

Hate to break it to those of you ignorant of game development, but this is pretty much normal development progress here. In fact, the more work put into making things stable for each release probably adds a little more time to the entire process.

Edited by Thane

Well i think stable branches needs more testing before going live. Same for hotfixes, fixes something but breaks 50 things. Smells another Hotfix inbound following monday or sunday? or a week pain  till Wednesday.

Updates and fixes should not break the game or make it go backwards really ,eventhough is alpha there is no excuse. Get your fingers out of your ..... lads. Sold over 1 million and should invest more on development,no excuse on that as well.

There are people works hard and risks their life for little amount of money , am an ex soldier and would not even achive that amount like you did for 100 years. Common sense, show your respect and invest more in your project.

Um.. You do know the live servers.. are kind of only for testing also right?

Learn your math or update your info. no offence here :D they sold almost 1.4 million copies so its x30 = 42mil. you missed just 12 millions thats aint okay :D I think they investing but not as much as we would want. I hope they wont leave than game gonna explode of bugs/glitch.

Because 2 months and all we get is some guns some animations and some fancy pancy clothes. Oh and performance? :D:D:D:D

I would hire uber team whit those money fix major things in game and than only than i would add some new stuff etc etc.If they want money back implement some kind real cash shop in game whit some skin stuff no pay2win items. 

Love wall glitching :D Love to get shot from glitches :D Simply in love bugs! :)

YEAH, no more flickering pipsi cokes  - using as a grenade :D

Holy Shit! some people are crafty

• Like 1

was definitely one of the best/funniest things i´ve ssen in this game so far ,.... for sure .

I just wanted to point out that I had the best "round" ...  I ever played  ..... until i bought this game. 

Thanks for the  patch. It never ran that smooth, I never shot that much people, I never helped that much people, I never lived that long in electro ...    

I LOVE THE FMJ server :P 

Jezus F'ing H Christ!!

To all of you silly little children (coz thats what you are, your posts betray your age/maturity) crying and bitching about 1 million + sold that equals like £30 + Million blah blah wah wah...

Here's how it works in the real grown ups world...

A percentage of that money will go to Bohemia, developmental contribution to actual game = 0%

This first sentence is the biggest and only presumption on my part, the rest  of the post is however fact!

Another percentage goes to Steam for hosting the sale of the game, what you think steam doesn't make money? Its a business of course it takes a percentage! Oh and developmental contribution to actual game = 0%

Office rent, electricity bills, computers require electricity to run you know, ask mummy and daddy how the magic of lights and sockets work. heating, devs are organic beings too they require heat, light and food to function think about that next time you're crying to mommy because you're cold or hungry and would like the heating turned up or your dinner cooked. developmental contribution to actual game = 0%

There are approximately 30 people working on this project and whilst i'm sure they are on different pay structures and contracts they still require payment to pay their own personal bills, developmental contribution to actual game = 100%

But remember that team of 30 are different departments if you like, A texture artist or a 3D modeller for example have no contribution to netcode or optimization issues of the game.

So please stop making shit up off the top of your young and immature heads and learn some patience, and if it still bothers you that much, GO PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME FOR A YEAR OR SO!!

• Like 10

I just got done playing for an hour and the game plays fine again.

The thing with development is that any time you introduce new content/mechanisms/etc, you are going to break other things. The QA process generally does not catch everything. It is true, that a dedicated QA team can do a good job finding bugs before an update is released...but some always sneak through...and some bugs just don't crop up until an update is released to the masses.

Some people complain that others keep crying 'alpha', but that is what it is. Just because they have a foundation does not mean that the game is close to being completed. We are helping test new game features as the game is being made.

I am ok with the progress.

Agreed. Have some beans....!

Um.. You do know the live servers.. are kind of only for testing also right?

He should have released servers and pay them from own his own pocket so people can test the incoming branches before goes on live for everyone. You have 1 million and over copies here and not any game needs 1  million people for testing crap all the time. That is very ametur and he needs to get this right, this ain't a  mod anymore and actually a game. (Still looks like a mod) Which shows he hasn't invested into development as much as enough to cover the workload. I can understand all the Alpha bugs and such but dev speed and terrible branches and hotfixes ain't right at all.

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

He should have released servers and pay them from own his own pocket so people can test the incoming branches before goes on live for everyone. You have 1 million and over copies here and not any game needs 1  million people for testing crap all the time. That is very ametur and he needs to get this right, this ain't a  mod anymore and actually a game. (Still looks like a mod) Which shows he hasn't invested into development as much as enough to cover the workload. I can understand all the Alpha bugs and such but dev speed and terrible branches and hotfixes ain't right at all.

Stop licking balls, not everyone lurking his/her mom's money to spend on game and also on servers every month. 

So if Rocket gave about 1.3 million people a refund and told them they can buy the game again when its fully released and left the rest of the people alone 200,000?) to test the game would you be happier?

So if Rocket gave about 1.3 million people a refund and told them they can buy the game again when its fully released and left the rest of the people alone 200,000?) to test the game would you be happier?

Doesn't even make sense with what I've said.  He acts like a MOD Dev instead of a proffesional Game Dev.  Investing more into development is a must., that is the whole point.

DayZ Standalone Game or a Mod? You tell me.

Did you even read what I post?

Yes I did, and if you did read the first post then you apparently didnt understand it. Cause if you did, you would know that fixing a memory leak has nothing to do with optimization in general or even optimization for specific hardware. Everyone saying they got better FPS now can only be referring to the FPS dropping before the patch due to the memory leak.

PS: Seriously, if you want better framerates buy an Intel CPU. They have always been better at the ARMA engine simply because of higher performance per clock. Going from a Phenom 2 X4 to an i5 2500k doubled my framerate in cities in the mod version.

Edited by Sleezy

Jezus F'ing H Christ!!

To all of you silly little children (coz thats what you are, your posts betray your age/maturity) crying and bitching about 1 million + sold that equals like £30 + Million blah blah wah wah...

Here's how it works in the real grown ups world...

A percentage of that money will go to Bohemia, developmental contribution to actual game = 0%

This first sentence is the biggest and only presumption on my part, the rest  of the post is however fact!

Another percentage goes to Steam for hosting the sale of the game, what you think steam doesn't make money? Its a business of course it takes a percentage! Oh and developmental contribution to actual game = 0%

Office rent, electricity bills, computers require electricity to run you know, ask mummy and daddy how the magic of lights and sockets work. heating, devs are organic beings too they require heat, light and food to function think about that next time you're crying to mommy because you're cold or hungry and would like the heating turned up or your dinner cooked. developmental contribution to actual game = 0%

There are approximately 30 people working on this project and whilst i'm sure they are on different pay structures and contracts they still require payment to pay their own personal bills, developmental contribution to actual game = 100%

But remember that team of 30 are different departments if you like, A texture artist or a 3D modeller for example have no contribution to netcode or optimization issues of the game.

So please stop making shit up off the top of your young and immature heads and learn some patience, and if it still bothers you that much, GO PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME FOR A YEAR OR SO!!

Nice talking FanBoy

@Reef_UK

You are such a troll fan boy. Developer: Bohemia Interactive  Publisher: Bohemia Interactive and Project Lead Dean Hall. Who needs to ask for budget for his project = Whoever is the project lead. Lets check current early access new post apocalyptic zombie survival games, For example Nether (Game not a Mod) not even AAA Game but has better Dev speed than Whole glorious Bohemia. (Same for ARMA 3, turtle dev speed and 50% of the game is  buggy as hell)

ARMA 2 is still buggy as hell. Only impression am getting this whole company is greedy as hell along with their tittle  "Best mil-sim game developer and publisher" Which is true. 

They are also lucky coz they have a great mod community ,else their vanilla game is boring as hell. Just their great mil-sim engine (with bugs) still best around keeping them on their toes.

Well seems better roll on for The Divison and Dying Light anyways...

• Like 1