mattlightfoot

Hotfix changelog: Stable Branch: 0.35.115188

So does anybody know whats coming in Patch 0.36?

Since they had no pending changelog for experimental, maybe they will skip a week.

• Like 1

Since they had no pending changelog for experimental, maybe they will skip a week.

This makes little sense, it's only an Alpha version.

More information = more quickly correct mistakes.

IMHO.

Except that your post is extremely difficult to follow and filled with ramblings and items not pertinent to the issue, e.g. no one cares about "IT Professional" or "MMORPG" history.

Try bulleted layout per each issue.

Not trying to be a smartass or unfriendly... but people don't like books when doing bug squashing. AND... you may want to post these items on the feedback page, instead of this thread.

Fixed, although to be 100% honest (and to be fair) I wrote every single word with the absolute certainty that someone exactly like you would reply [exactly as you did]. Also, I was assuming this to be in the Bug Report thread, which I was given a link to.

Edited by Katalepsis

Even on this 188 patch, I am still experiencing major FPS drop - primarily around cities. I'm running fraps to merely monitor my FPS and I get about 10-20 range in cities. But in the woods, I get maybe around 30-40...

Yeah, i got major FPS drop near and in town aswell. It is not fixed but better than before.

Still massive FPS drops in towns, form around 50 to 25 and less. 

To all of you, its true that in cities are lower FPS then in the woods or somewhere. But, I still got 50+ FPS in cities.

I'll add you a site, after i did this my FPS went sometmes over 100 ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216291078#-1

• Like 2

Anyone else getting "connection to host has been lost",then getting kicked ?

Seems lately, I get this numerous times while in game  I can not open doors or select any of my inventory.

It usually happens within the first few minutes of entering a game.

My Ping is low in the servers I select,it is becomeing a pain just trying to play the game

nothing to do with the actual game,just with "trying to play" the game

ever time I get kicked do to this ,wether or not I retry the server,or select a different server I then get treated like a server jumper/combat logger ...

Thus having to wait longer and longer to spawn....Yawn it is becomeing a hassle ....just trying to get into a server to actual "Try and Play"!

I have not edited any files of the game,only configuration tweaks with in the in game console by hitting Esc/configure/video tab

after an hour or so,and jumping server to server I finally manage to hear my guns being loaded and I can then finally actually play the game

opening doors,selecting weapons and inventory

Is there a cure for this nonsense ?

Edit:

Solved,I was being a Gear Pig lol

placingfull backpacks inside of newly found empty ones getting two more rows to fill with inventory

I had a lot of stuff,I was 5 or 6 backpacks deep and my game started tonot work so well lol

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=1109

So..... I had a huge feast,and drank lots of beverages

shot the hell out of a few zombies to unload a huge stockpile of ammo :)

Down to one Backpack now and game is back to normal and no more kicks from servers

can select weapons,inventory,open doors to buildings etc no problem

Oh well,thought I had a great idea to carry more inventory

wazsome  fun though... shooting up that town,and having a huge Food and  Pop Party after up in the woods ;)

Edited by Scott61

этого обновления у меня даже не было и не высвечивалось в Steam, почему?

DO you guys sometimes get a feeling that Russians believe they own the Internet?

• Like 1

OMG!! real Chenarus survivor!!

Anyway, using a translator an answer to your questions is that the patch should be auto update but it is very small. Around 20mb++??

That make no sense in my Eyes :D

• Like 1

He just asking why he didn't noticed this update in Steam.

Will be local translator here. And yes, we own the Internet :D

• Like 3

To all of you, its true that in cities are lower FPS then in the woods or somewhere. But, I still got 50+ FPS in cities.

I'll add you a site, after i did this my FPS went sometmes over 100 ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216291078#-1

oh thanks dude, added the below to my launch options and actually did improve FPS

-nosplash -high -dx9 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=5 -noPause -maxVram=2048

Really should have fixed loot to respawn properly before adding timers to join servers....just an imo that everyone already knows though.

If a server is picked dry I can't see any reason to be on it really. Or at least develop a system that adds a timer when you hop "multiple" servers, not just change from a single server to another one.

edit: Scratch that this game is nigh unplayable in it's current state (yes I know it's more of a test bed than a game right now since it's alpha). But wow, alt tabbed to wait out 3 minutes to join a server, tab back in and theres a zombie half through the floor beating my ass down. Guess I'll wait til loot respawns before playing anymore.

Edited by bonesnap

Loot respawns whenever the server resets,usually ever 4 hours,sometimes 2 hours

and one server resets ever hour and is a specific"loot server"

Makes the game a bit more real IMHO

If loot just always repawned,what would be the point

would not be very difficult and would soon become boring

As it is,the loot appears,and dissapears as it gets looted through the server set length of time before reset

I have now played a few times for over 4 hours on specific servers and then after reset,all loot is there again

Makes sense,having loot not respawn,if something is taken by one person then it is gone...

Because it is a game,the loot all magically appears again every server rest ;)

I found it difficult first couple weeks playing,trying not to starve lol,dry up and blow away from lack of water...

only if I could find a Backpack....some food.... lol

Among being slaughtered by Bandits in Electro

Further North you make it,the easier the game becomes to play

Up North you seem not to be as hungry and thirsty all the time,there is "PaLenty of Loot" Up North

I have had several shotguns and hand guns,Mozin,M4,SKS

Loot seems better also,more compasses,maps,lots of good food too like Rice and Cereal and dry milk

among Beans Galore,plentiful bounty of Pop...

My Backpack is always full,I eat and drink as I loot lol

exchanging loot now for better conditioned loot,or just better loot whatever

I feel the loot system,and only repawning upon server resets is a decent experience

every 4 hours.... you get another chance to loot what any other could loot...

wherver that may be on the map!

IMHO,loot continualy respawning on its own make the game somewhat acrade like

no offence,this is all just one persons opinion ;)

Really should have fixed loot to respawn properly before adding timers 

Guess I'll wait til loot respawns before playing anymore.

DO you guys sometimes get a feeling that Russians believe they own the Internet?

Don't even get me started! Yes i get the feeling all the time! And it is true! Take a Russian made game for example! It's fucked up 

Don't even get me started! Yes i get the feeling all the time! And it is true! Take a Russian made game for example! It's fucked up 

What Russian made game?

I feel the loot system,and only repawning upon server resets is a decent experience

"Decent" is far from ideal. I've been playing since Dayz Mod alpha, and loot respawning already existed in a non-abusable fashion (if you revisited an area it doesn't respawn for you, unless you maybe traveled miles away and came back).

Whatever though, Rocket already stated he is working on the respawning loot issue, and the only reason it wasn't in yet was because it was an optimization issue. I only wanted to state it was of utmost priority, coming from a player's perspective.

Also, punctuation is your friend. You may want to "learn how to grammar". It was painful reading your post that was basically in point form, without the points.

Sorry, but I haven't been following DayZ as closely as I'd like.  Is the stable branch going to be updated soon, or is it being hotfixed without changing version numbers?

Edited by AlfalphaCat