mattlightfoot

Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.34.115106

I just got rained on? It was rather pleasant.

Somehow vsync got turned back on for me, so I redid all my video settings including all the suggested fps tweaks, and everything seems back to normal fps wise for me. The rain didn't seem to have much of an effect.

Naw, I take it back. I logged in again after posting above, and for some reason without the rain I'm back to really choppy preformance. Strange.

As well all textures seem to take much longer to load for me. I was waiting for around 45 seconds for the grey box to be replaced with a red dot.

• Like 1

guys for some reason I get like 3 fps when on the boat after this update! (normally 200fps constant on 200% resolution and ultra settings). What have you done with the optimisation? :D

Lol obvious troll is obvious

On a serious note, not sure what the FPS issue some people are having is. My FPS is great...except in Zelen where it drops to 25-30, but everywhere else 40-80 :) Rain seems to have little to no effect on FPS too and I love the atmosphere having weather adds.

Edited by Irenicus

I haven't been able to play to check it out, but is there a chance that some video settings got set to higher than they were prior to the patch? Can anyone check it out?

I had the highest settings possible prior the patch and had no problem, now Im crying

• Like 2

Based on input I've seen from various places, it seems the game is not utilizing the GPU for some reason.

I can confirm this. Yay. :D

Unfortunately I can also confirm my baseball bat still made the ricochet sound, but only once near a tall fence. The new fist "swooshing" sound is really annoying in my opinion and continues long after you stop swinging, if I can figure out how to use the bug report thing I will do so.

Edit: Reported.

I think the sounds are slightly off sync.  The axe, for instance, has the swoosh on the upswing when it should be on the downswing.

Based on input I've seen from various places, it seems the game is not utilizing the GPU for some reason.

the most common reason a game does not fully use 90-100% of gpu is because your cpu is bottlenecking and unable to provide enough data for your gpu to process

in a game like dayz with this much stuff going on and a 1000m bubble around your player that is very likely if you have a whack cpu

wohoo. crashed 5 times in a row 20 seconds after connecting. hat to wait minutes to connect each time. and while ideling after crash, my char got killed at the fith time -.-

dayz never crashed before -.-

I've noticed a weird issue: The longer you play on a server, the worse fps you are getting over time and then it gets to that point when you get like 4-5 fps and you must leave, i wasn't the only one that noticed it, we play in a 8-man team and all of us have same issues. We changed servers multiple times, checked for different providers and its still the same, also i've noticed a lot of texture flickering (zombies, gun attachments, clothing) and again im not the only one who sees it, im guessing it may be caused by the texture optimization you did, both flickering and bad fps issues. 

• Like 3

Still stuck on "you are dead" and lot of other way more serious bugs like "uncontious" on login and fall damage is redicoulosly high. glitch trought stairs = dead. This is what happens when you rush out an update, why not wait and get it tested first =) but no FPS issues or performance wise issues =)

Cant wait for it to be stable :D Take your time and make it perfect :D

Edited by Prestige871
  • Like 1

There is a considerable loss in FPS for me. It's almost unplayable at times. I have a decent PC.

When I join a server, it's seems to be ok (still not like previous patch but ok). Then after a couple minutes, It goes down and continues to drop until I reach an unplayable state.

• Like 2

Yep, when I start the game, I have like 40+fps, after 5min it drops all the way down to 5-10fps and it gets just so fuckin' laggy, that I can't play anymore..

same here, only thing is i that i start with 30+ fps

• Like 2

Weird, I had a FPS increase. 5-8 frames above the previous patch boost.

I was running smooth as of this .34, however with 0.34.115106, like some other people my performance was steadily reduced to the point of crashing within a couple of minutes.

I have 8G ram and I had an issue similar to this when I tried to use -maxMem=8192 prior to these patches, but as of 0.33.114926 I was able to use 8192. Previously I had to set it to -maxMem=4096 or I'd get a similar experience to what I am now.

So I tried to set it back to -maxMem=4096, and it's back to being smooth as it was before.

Might be worth trying if you've altered your start string.

That was hella fast.   I know this is probably a very small issue, but i was walking over some boulders, and I sank into them briefly before LAUNCHING HUNDREDS OF FEET AWAY.  Thank god fall damage was broken, or my human body would have been all to pieces. Is it possible to adjust the way boulders/rocks work? I find I can sometimes walk straight up walls of them unrealistically, or the said boulder cannon effect happens, or sometimes I can't walk over seemingly tiny ones.

It's very strange.

Weird, I had a FPS increase. 5-8 frames above the previous patch boost.

It's supposed to be a server-side fps increase, not locally on your computer. You might just be in a less taxing area/have lowered settings.

Rocket seems to be working through it (fps issue) with a few players on the reddit thread here. From listening to the conversation so far, I would suggest, if you are having problems, to know your system specs and current Nvidia drivers. 

http://www.reddit.co...lems_new_patch/

EDIT: In other words that reddit thread is the place to post your system info and current nvidia drivers if you want to help out.

Edited by Dr. Goner

we NEED TENTS or storage  = game pointless without expect u having fun by running circles with full gear

"Game pointless"     ?  Game is still being developed, yo.

It's supposed to be a server-side fps increase, not locally on your computer. You might just be in a less taxing area/have lowered settings.

And no, this is not correct. There was a server side increase but the client side frames will go up as improvements are made server side. I've noticed 5-10 frame improvement. I haven't played today so I can't speak to the "memory leak" issue until I get home.

I'm still on 115077, and I have tried verifying cache and reinstalling the game. Yes, I'm enrolled for builds on steam. I have friends on the build too. What do I do? :(

I'm still on 115077, and I have tried verifying cache and reinstalling the game. Yes, I'm enrolled for builds on steam. I have friends on the build too. What do I do? :(

I am having the same problem, I am seeing no servers because I am still on *077. I tried manually switching back to stable then back to experimental but Steam only seems to want to download *077 (85MB).

I am having the same problem, I am seeing no servers because I am still on *077. I tried manually switching back to stable then back to experimental but Steam only seems to want to download *077 (85MB).

same here. time will tell.

Just tryed it, started 60fps small town got halfway through low 40's and dropping dissconnected.

Running latest betas nvidia 680 gtx sig2, 16gig, i7 2700 @ 4.7, Win 8.1 x64 running Dayz from Ram disk.

Edited by Smiley_ie