mattlightfoot

Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.34.115106

Cant play after the last update. After 5 minutes game starts lagging very bad... freeze and crash. Before the last update was working very good.

i and my friend have same problem.two day without dayz,im going to crazy :-)

fix it pls

Edited by JEDI

Was going to try to abandon my gear and see if the game would run smoothly without fps drop after that, but I don't see any servers today, my friend however does not have the same problem, can anyone help me with that issue?

fix it pls

Try searching for solutions ;)

There is a fix around that has helped quite some people, including me. I posted the link to the thread just a few posts above already, but here it is again:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172310-new-patch-memory-leak-possible-fixworkaround/

You have to get rid of painted M4 attachments (and even some unpainted, usually the MP Buttstock and MP Handguard are buggy) as well as any objects (cans, books etc. ) of which the textures don't display correctly. Also check your protector cases and/or clothes you have in your inventory that have something inside, those have a tendency to make food, drinks and paint buggy. The items are really simple to spot, they just have a one-color texture. Drop them and run away, once you're far enough away from these items, your FPS should return to normal.

Also, it might not be you, it might be your friend who has issues with items in his inventory, but it's contagious and as long as you're near him, you will experience the problem, too.

Edited by rocker2511

I had tested the issue for myself and found something interesting for my own.

I joined a server with 28/30 players on and walked in the forests near dubky on northern side. Fraps shows me around 30 or 33 fps there. I had found some flickering items in my inventory like my buttstock and the handguard attached to my m4 but i saw no framerate issue after a time of 30 minutes of playing alone.

Couple minutes later the server restarted and shows me some badly clouds on the sky for bringing some rain down and so my frame issues started. My frames dropped down at like 10 to 15 fps.

So i think that the issue is caused for my own not in the flickering items, but found in the new weather effects.

My PC setting:

Q6600 @ 3GHz

MSI R9 270X @ 1080MHz

Gigabyte X38-DS5

4GB RAM

Game settings:

Vsync on

1920x1080

Shadows normal

Textures high

Bloom filters off

fix it pls

Yeah. What about release those patches on Monday? So you have the entire week to fix all the possibly issues...

I had tested the issue for myself and found something interesting for my own.

I joined a server with 28/30 players on and walked in the forests near dubky on northern side. Fraps shows me around 30 or 33 fps there. I had found some flickering items in my inventory like my buttstock and the handguard attached to my m4 but i saw no framerate issue after a time of 30 minutes of playing alone.

Couple minutes later the server restarted and shows me some badly clouds on the sky for bringing some rain down and so my frame issues started. My frames dropped down at like 10 to 15 fps.

So i think that the issue is caused for my own not in the flickering items, but found in the new weather effects.

I also played alone Friday for 30mins. No problems. Started to play with my friends and after an hour of gameplay it started to happen but it has nothing to do with the weather. Rain has been there for a long time.

• Like 1

I also played alone Friday for 30mins. No problems. Started to play with my friends and after an hour of gameplay it started to happen but it has nothing to do with the weather. Rain has been there for a long time.

I think my problem is really the rain and thunder. I dropped my buttstock and run 600m away. Nothing changed for me. Switched server wheres not raining and all is fine till the rain starts -.-

Then my frames dropps to zero and kills my pc and he responses never again. No Alt + F4, Alt + Tab or the task manager works for me. Very annoying situation...

I am beginning to question the priority Rocket and his team are making.

Who cares about a new emote? Really?
In this game there's not enough time to show the finger to the enemy.

Start working on small yet extremely important things, like loot respawn and tents. Or if the server load is already too big, how about you fix that first before letting us do new emotes (which I and I'm pretty sure 95% of the community doesn't use).

• Like 2

Start working on small yet extremely important things, like loot respawn and tents. Or if the server load is already too big, how about you fix that first before letting us do new emotes (which I and I'm pretty sure 95% of the community doesn't use).

Emotes are done by animators and are easier to implement than tents / respawn / server optimization. So while programmers are doing what you and 80% of other kids want, animators / artists are doing their work and implement when done. Seriously, do you think that everyone should focus on something, that they may not have any experience on (like animators working with netcode, or such)?

• Like 4

Maybe you missed all the other notes in the changelog...

That Sir is just mean. They implented more than just an emote and tried to stabilize the build. They rushed it to early with to little testing but they defenetly heading the right way!

As of now it is, most of the time at least, unplayable, regardless of what quick fixes you manage to do. Hopefully they'll get it fixed tomorrow.

oh, so either me and my squad met a hacker today (don t think so) or an admin wanker intervened. On DE 4-137, 10 minutes ago, me and other 2 friends were waiting hidden in the roots on Dobry Hill, Elektro. Suddenly a player appeared with raised weapon 5 meters from me and began imediately shooting at me, dead and immediately killed my other 2 friends who were  20-30 meters away, everything in 10 seconds. where can I report an admin abuse, please? whoever did that, especially if it s an admin, should be banned. it was not a glitch, not an exploit, only pure abuse. 

Damage was being equally applied to all objects inside inventory slot when shot/damaged (now items reduce the damage when they take damage)? 

What? 

oh, so either me and my squad met a hacker today (don t think so) or an admin wanker intervened. On DE 4-137, 10 minutes ago, me and other 2 friends were waiting hidden in the roots on Dobry Hill, Elektro. Suddenly a player appeared with raised weapon 5 meters from me and began imediately shooting at me, dead and immediately killed my other 2 friends who were  20-30 meters away, everything in 10 seconds. where can I report an admin abuse, please? whoever did that, especially if it s an admin, should be banned. it was not a glitch, not an exploit, only pure abuse. 

Admin dont have suchs powers, if you are implying that someone was teleporting, know locations etc.. they can play as any other. They can only kick and suchs, restart server to farm loot etc sht... Im certain you encountered multible foes and/or desync.. You are ready to ban because him/they killed you, sad.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

agreed. Adding new "stuff" in code in any form can fuck up something else, like on this update. Development looks like the mod, add shitload of useless stuff on every update without properly fixing old issues.

Not sure about that combat logging/server jumping penalties either. Joined some GB server, spawned at beach without gear. Thought server wasn't connected to the hive and picked some SE server what usually works. Got "spawning on 300 sec." message. After waiting, same thing. Everything lost at the beach. Great...

So guess should have waited till next patch. Nice to know.

I wanted to know which levers does an admin have in SA (as the teleport or seeing players positions  in mod). this possibility excluded now, I don t know what to think, for real. maybe another exploit which I don t know about, but in any case, it wasn t ok. and your sarcastic 'him/they killed you, sad' don t help much, zeppa, it was an impossible 3-kills situation. maybe it s something similar to the top secret wall glitch, which I only find out about 1 weeks ago. 

I wanted to know which levers does an admin have in SA (as the teleport or seeing players positions  in mod). this possibility excluded now, I don t know what to think, for real. maybe another exploit which I don t know about, but in any case, it wasn t ok. and your sarcastic 'him/they killed you, sad' don t help much, zeppa, it was an impossible 3-kills situation. maybe it s something similar to the top secret wall glitch, which I only find out about 1 weeks ago. 

maybe this guy is just good, remember where ever you hide someone has hid there before, I know where to look for campers, and people know where to look for me, being smart only gets you that far, sometimes being stupid gets you further.

How are tents important? WTF? 

I hoped it will work for me, but as many others already said, after ~15min playing it's so laggy that im scared  of getting killed by a zombie :P

Edited by BaseLine^

I hoped it will work for me, but as many others already said, after ~15min playing it's so laggy that im scared  of getting killed by a zombie :P

Strange... I have no issues at all with lag. Rain or sunshine, loaded server or empty server... same WIP-lag... some framedrops when it is starting to rain, but thats client-side, because I have a shitty gfx card. Maybe Im a lucky pig.

How are tents important? WTF? 

Player Storage. Think back to the DayZ Mod. How else can players gather resources for survival? Carry everything on them so that they can lose 100% of what they gathered? Storage is a necessary component. Do some research before you question something's importance.