rocket

Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.33.114926

From what i can tell, the spawn timers for servers need to be adjusted so they arent implemented when you're kicked from the server. I just placed loot on the ground, got kicked, now i have to wait 300 seconds to re spawn and possibly regain my stuff, that's if the admin doesn't re kick me immediately, this would also suggest that your character sits on the ground for 30 seconds as if you were to log off, doesn't really give you the opportunity to go somewhere safe if you don't know when he'll do it.

anyone else seeing FPS loss since the patch?

i usually get around 25-33 in big open areas and towns, much higher of course in buildings. now, it's stuck in the mid teens, regardless of any changes i make in the settings. 

• Like 1

You guys should only play MultiPlay servers right after a new update, I beleive the MultiPlay servers are owned, (maybe) operated by Bohemia and less likely to have problems.

Edited by JeabChretien
  • Like 1

You guys should only play MultiPlay servers right after a new update, I beleive the MultiPlay servers are owned, (maybe) operated by Bohemia and less likely to have problems.

no affiliation between the 2.. 

So many combat loggers whining here wanting a cancel button so they can keep an eye on their attacker in case he gets too close before they get to log out! That is basically what you guys are saying! Nobody's fooled here!

• Like 3

I have noticed after the update my GPU clock (ATI 5770 1GB) goes to a steady 99-100% usage while playing DayZ.

Rocket pls don't burn my GPU man.

Zombie pathing is not a game breaker! It is a pathing issue with the AI, and I can understand them not fixing it ATM because 1) There aren't that many Zs in game; and 2) They aren't that much of a threat! and 30 They have said that the Z code is going to be completely redone. Why spend time fixing something that they're probably going to throw away.

RL happens. This is a game. RL > Game. See, easy math. And let's be honest, the timers were put in because the player base has been screaming at the Devs for the last month about the problems of Combat Logging/Ghosting/Server Jumping Looters.

See what happens when you get EXACTLY what you ask for? Good isn't it!

I'm fully for the new timers and delays. They are working exactly as they should, and yes, there are a few instances where they are applied that make me want to use some colourful language, but in the end this is but a game, and the effect of these make for a much more enjoyable experience in-game than it was previously.

Well, you are obviously right and I am obviously wrong. I guess that's what you wanted to hear judging from every post I've seen of yours recently. Cool. You won our fight. I submit to your wisdom and mighty rule.

well, it s not bad.

- tried the infamous wall glitch, didn t work, maybe works only on really shitty computers, as I read somewhere.

- 30-60fps, decent. some lag on item dropping, but not always.

- played 5-6 hours on two 30-50 players servers, around 80% of the buildings looted but still managed to find items.

- ruined m4 mags don t work, but ruined 7.62 ammo with mosin do. ruined clothing items still hold your items, it s ok like, until they figure out how much damage get the items on a dead body.

- nice feature painting the helmets, also the mosin camo is great (first paint it black then green, please add this camo option also to hats and helmets)

- teammate found that new 3 slots stuffed jacket and although pristine, couldn t equip it. I didn t test it myself, but please check.

- I observed a little the colours of statuses and never got stuffed. hunger needs a little tuning,

- zed hit me (with bleeding) although turned over 120 degrees from me, so I suspect there are still problems with lag.

- maybe food spawn should be correlated to the number of players on the server or something, otherwise servers should restart more often (2-3 hours)

- never got into any pvp fight, can t tell anything about pvp lag

- confirm that cars do not spawn loot anymore

- confirm body disappear after axe kill/ unconscious - highly frustrating, please fix it in the next patch, especially with the current hunger/ spawned food ratio

overall, nice work, still, please focus on the important stuff - zed/players phasing, desync/lag, hunger - food spawn balance. 

EDIT: although kept the hydrated and energized statuses to light green as well the healing one for an hour after one single zed hit, never got back to healthy. maybe I sprinted a lot, maybe a bug, don t know, can someone please confirm?

1zqyqmd.png

Edited by kapnobatai
  • Like 1

So many combat loggers whining here wanting a cancel button so they can keep an eye on their attacker in case he gets too close before they get to log out! That is basically what you guys are saying! Nobody's fooled here!

Keeping an eye on their attacker? See I've never even though of that.

And good luck doing this for 30secs straight without him finding you.

Are you a Combat Logger? Cause you think like one.

I don't even care about the 'Cancel Button', just put a timer so we can see if we are getting attacked by zombies while logging off.

That's it. Lolz.

• Like 2

I was making a joke about dudes losing their gaming rights after having kids. Just kidding, sorry if I offended you.

EDIT: Also lighten up. Look at the hidden words at the bottom in my original post you quoted.

Yeah ok. I wasn't overly aggressive in my reply I don't think. But it is true that many times I hear kids crying or talking in the background during MP gaming sessions. It drives me up a wall.

PS - The hidden words about trolling? Like if I call you a racial epithet and then say, "just had to be racist." ;) Too much sarcasm and humor is lost on text messages and forum posts.

so its really cool when the alpha crashes running down the street and then you get a penalty and you car gets killed. lol but i like t

so its really cool when the alpha crashes running down the street and then you get a penalty and you car gets killed. lol but i like the patch so far thanks

- teammate found that new 3 slots stuffed jacket and although pristine, couldn t equip it. I didn t test it myself, but please check.

Probably because he had vest on and you can't have bubble goose jacket along with holster / vest.

Edited by Prophet36
  • Like 1

EDIT: although kept the hydrated and energized statuses to light green as well the healing one for an hour after one single zed hit, never got back to healthy. maybe I sprinted a lot, maybe a bug, don t know, can someone please confirm?

I had the exact same issue, was hit by zombie once (while healthy without any green around it) and it says ''Healing" for about 2-3 hours now.

Buddy was still Healthy without any green (like the old build).

nice update love the SKS but... what happened to the revolver gunshot sound that was awesome and funny as hell but now it just sounds like a FNX-45 very... un-revolver like noise ?

I don't even care about the 'Cancel Button', just put a timer so we can see if we are getting attacked by zombies while logging off.

That's it. Lolz.

A timer would be okay. Of course, if we couldn't cancel it in any way.

Edited by fisheye

see if you have seen the timer in dayz mod you would know the timer cancels automatically when zombies or other players are in the vicinity so the cancel bit doesnt really matter lol.

no affiliation between the 2.. 

Sorry if I was wrong, but the reason I suggested that was because rocket posted something along those lines in this forum, or it could have been reddit.

Edit: Here is the thread where rocket mentions multiplay servers http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167343-servers-with-connection-issues-to-central-hive/page-3?hl=multiplay#entry1700057

apparently the multiplay servers are paid for by bohemia? In any case, since I read that, I have been trying to only play on multiplay servers and I have never really experience server related problems.

Edited by JeabChretien
  • Like 1

Can`t take my own burlap sack off :(  what to do???

I had this. I found a burlap sack and thought it would be funny to put it on and run about with it. Put it on myself, screen went black. Check inventory, no burlap sack. Scrolled mousewheel, no action menu. I heard someone nearby and called to them, asking for help. They came and reported that I didn't have a sack on my head and had no option to remove one either. I thanked them for their assistance, dropped the shit I was carrying (shovel, some rags and two tins of sardines) and logged, figuring it would kill me. When I rejoined another server (after waiting for about two minutes due to what I assume is combat log/server hopping prevention timer) as the one I left was now full, I was no longer wearing the bag and still had the stuff I dropped. Random as shit.

TL;DR: Don't put the burlap sack on your head, you can't see shit and you can't take it off.

When zombies stop walking through walls I will feel a lot better about 30 seconds of post-log-off limbo, bro.

Alternatively, you could just not log off near zombies. ;)

So essentially you're telling me I have to wait a extended period of time because I'm forced to log out because this game is still glitchy?

Sorry if I was wrong, but the reason I suggested that was because rocket posted something along those lines in this forum, or it could have been reddit.

Edit: Here is the thread where rocket mentions multiplay servers http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167343-servers-with-connection-issues-to-central-hive/page-3?hl=multiplay#entry1700057

apparently the multiplay servers are paid for by bohemia? In any case, since I read that, I have been trying to only play on multiplay servers and I have never really experience server related problems.

Aye, you are correct with that statement made by Rocket.  Multiplay servers have been pretty reliable gaming servers for many games over the years, dating back to to the late '90's.  They have excellent customer support as well.   :)

I believe, not 100% on this, all the official/experimental servers are powered by Multiplay servers.  Maybe a dev for forum mod that knows can chime in and detail this.

Edited by Antykain
  • Like 1