Sign in to follow this  
Grimey Rick

Will Preventing Server-Hopping Increase Kos?

It'll take longer to gear up after the patch.

Solution: Kill other people on sight and take their stuff.

I don't advocate server-hopping or kill-on-sight behaviour, but if I had to choose, I'd take a server-hopper any day.

Kill on sight does not exploit the game to get his ends. I guarantee you that getting killed by hoppers in the back from a building you just checked is way more infuriating than KoS. And anyway while the game gets harder KoS will go down IMO.

So this change is awesome.

• Like 7

I'm only concerned because of how hard it is to find people who don't KOS as it is. My prediction is post-patch it's just going to explode.

/cry

I think the fact that ruined items will no longer be usable will balance the lack of loot. Since killing often ruins the items carried by the victims, it won't be an efficient way to gear. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out.

Some KoSers kill just to kill, and they always will.

I'm only concerned because of how hard it is to find people who don't KOS as it is. My prediction is post-patch it's just going to explode.

/cry

I find that being in a group reduces your chance of getting KoS so if it increases, you can always join a clan or something.

• Like 1

Shooting someone seems pretty hit and miss on how much of there stuff you ruin though. I just did a run at the NWAF and i do KOS there i popped a guy coming out of the last cell building in the north of it and he went down one shot of the mosin ( i hit him with a second as well to make sure he is dead had a guy drop prone and pistol me when i came to check lol )

Every gun every piece of food equipment was ruined. Ruined gear wont attach to guns ruined food gives little energy for food ( it stops your hunger but does little to get you to healthy state. Ruined guns dont shoot. so loot may get rare but you may have to try hold ups instead of shoot to get your stuff. ( i have head shot someone and all there gear except there glasses was in good nick but have done another head shot and again everything on them was ruined?????

• Like 1

Shooting someone seems pretty hit and miss on how much of there stuff you ruin though. I just did a run at the NWAF and i do KOS there i popped a guy coming out of the last cell building in the north of it and he went down one shot of the mosin ( i hit him with a second as well to make sure he is dead had a guy drop prone and pistol me when i came to check lol )

Every gun every piece of food equipment was ruined. Ruined gear wont attach to guns ruined food gives little energy for food ( it stops your hunger but does little to get you to healthy state. Ruined guns dont shoot. so loot may get rare but you may have to try hold ups instead of shoot to get your stuff. ( i have head shot someone and all there gear except there glasses was in good nick but have done another head shot and again everything on them was ruined?????

Indeed. Last night while alt-tabbing in an attempt to give my friend directions using the DayZDB map, a zombie apparently attacked me, knocking me unconscious. I regained my senses, killed the zed and checked my bag. EVERYTHING except the burlap sac on my head was either badly damaged or ruined.

Needless to say, I rage-quit.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 1

I actually think it'll decrease KoS in the regular areas, maybe even the NWAF, or any high-yield loot areas. If it's hard to server hop, and you spend more time on one server, I feel like most people will be more cautious, especially in regard to what SoulFirez said above, with loot now actually being useless when ruined, why risk ruining someone's gear when you could either peacefully trade, or rob them? I know I'll slow down on KoSing for sure.

• Like 1

I think this is a good update and don't think it will effect the KOS mentality.

But I still think restricted login Zones is a good thing to run alongside this system 

• Like 1

Yeah, but eventually I'm sure the hit-boxes will be better implemented so that, upon shooting someone in the head, you damage his hat/sunglasses while his backpack/vest/shirt/pants remain unscathed. At least I'd hope so, anyway.

Also, I'll miss camping the airstrips and taking out server-hoppers. Woe is me. :3

Remember that this will mean it will take them longer to get guns. This will mean more time spent scavenging and surviving for everyone. People will still KoS, but they'll have other stuff to worry about. Large packs of M4 toting bandits will become pretty rare, if it works out.

I server hop and proud of it.

all these people bad mouthing SH's is bullshit. I bet nearly everyone does it.

same mentality from choosing a low pop server to a nearly full one. which would you choose? if you are a fresh spawn, you'd choose the lower and hop to God it wasn't looted.

when i spawn, i want a weapon. i can have a weapon in 40 minutes (after a 30 min run from kammy)- i dont want to immerse myself in the game of survival and run around weaponless. why? because people are dicks and they will kill you sight. last type of game i want to play in my life is one gathering shit for 3 hours, all to die from someone with a weapon, and then they take the last 3 hours of hard work from me. so yea, i hopped. so f'in what. ill do it as long as im allowed.

i hope weapons spawn:

1.) without time limits- meaning, at random times at random places, otherwise, people are just going to mad rush fresh servers, which is the same thing as SH'ing.

2.) weapons need to respawn in town/cities, etc...so going to the airfield isn't a requirement for a weapon anymore.

but back to the subject at hand- if its hard for me to find a weapon, is that going to increase KOS? for me, 1000%. if i need something and you have it, yes, im going to do whatever i can to get it and if i am weaponless, i have nothing to lose by trying. im not sure the developers think of that side of the equation- "if a player has nothing to lose"- that formula plays a big factor in game play. Who is going to take more risks- a geared player or one with nothing to lose?

On SH'ing- to me, thats the most fun of the game. I usually do it at the NEAF- run from 1 jail, to ATC to hangars to last jail- its probably the most fun you can have- I might have a handgun- see someone, blast them- maybe get their stuff, hear more footsteps, etc...insanely fun. i hope that doesnt go away.

Kos is already damn near 100% of the people i run into, how can it possibly increase??

Yeah, Its horrible right now, no banditry just KoS.

Kos is already damn near 100% of the people i run into, how can it possibly increase??

I have met alot of people who dont KOS in game is it because i play on first person only servers dont know is it usually because i have stalked them and then come from behind and announced myself and as soon as they figure out i am not there to rob them or shoot them they relax ( a few havee joined up with me some have back stabbed me all part of the fun.

PS make sure you have a mic cause if i make contact and you dont talk back there is only one way i am ending the conversation a bullet ( if your not wearing a mic the chances are you will only kos cause you cant talk to people......

Edited by SoulFirez

It'll take longer to gear up after the patch.

Solution: Kill other people on sight and take their stuff.

I don't advocate server-hopping or kill-on-sight behaviour, but if I had to choose, I'd take a server-hopper any day.

Not sure how that's gonna help people gear considering you cannot use ruined items at all in this patch...

no. i don't think so. in my experience, the only thing that prevents hoppers is night time. if i set my servers to a certain time range, they are flooded. other time ranges im on my own. and the little fuggers can tell by looking at how many minutes they have run on the hour ^^ ..i've gotten most of my frags by setting my servers time to a certain range and then camped some of the more "unknown" hotspots ^^

lazy bastard server hoppers get punish for ruin game :D

if this motivate more guys to try murder is ok for me ;)

I don't cry about dying but I feel pure rage about all cheater exploit bitches

so for me this is best add on from next patch

I celebrate tonight in cherno on experiment build with mosin/magnum pvP party :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

everyone welcome bring vodka and womans  :D

Edited by KoS
  • Like 3

Hold ups may definitely become more common as opposed to killing someone on site as to not ruin precious items. This seems to be a purposely implemented feature by the devs.

same mentality from choosing a low pop server to a nearly full one. which would you choose? if you are a fresh spawn, you'd choose the lower and hop to God it wasn't looted.

when i spawn, i want a weapon. i can have a weapon in 40 minutes (after a 30 min run from kammy)- i dont want to immerse myself in the game of survival and run around weaponless. why? because people are dicks and they will kill you sight. last type of game i want to play in my life is one gathering shit for 3 hours, all to die from someone with a weapon, and then they take the last 3 hours of hard work from me. so yea, i hopped. so f'in what. ill do it as long as im allowed.

i hope weapons spawn:

1.) without time limits- meaning, at random times at random places, otherwise, people are just going to mad rush fresh servers, which is the same thing as SH'ing.

2.) weapons need to respawn in town/cities, etc...so going to the airfield isn't a requirement for a weapon anymore.

but back to the subject at hand- if its hard for me to find a weapon, is that going to increase KOS? for me, 1000%. if i need something and you have it, yes, im going to do whatever i can to get it and if i am weaponless, i have nothing to lose by trying. im not sure the developers think of that side of the equation- "if a player has nothing to lose"- that formula plays a big factor in game play. Who is going to take more risks- a geared player or one with nothing to lose?

On SH'ing- to me, thats the most fun of the game. I usually do it at the NEAF- run from 1 jail, to ATC to hangars to last jail- its probably the most fun you can have- I might have a handgun- see someone, blast them- maybe get their stuff, hear more footsteps, etc...insanely fun. i hope that doesnt go away.

The exact sort of person i aviod by playing private servers in the mod and wait in the future for private servers in the SA no server hopping at all character saved only on that one server lol. I want a survival game with pvp pve involved not mad rush to get to death matching lol...

i hope that doesnt go away.

Not really bad mouthing cause it really doesn't affect my gameplay if one hops. I do think that you will get bored of the game eventually though cause you're basically cheating in a sense. It may not go away as of yet but reading the log I think you will be a bit frustrated waiting 5 mins each hop.

The exact sort of person i aviod by playing private servers in the mod and wait in the future for private servers in the SA no server hopping at all character saved only on that one server lol. I want a survival game with pvp pve involved not mad rush to get to death matching lol...

And hey, I respect that. Not everyone plays the style I play. I remember reading a post on here about a month ago about a guy up in Guba who sat on the beach enjoying the view/sounds and really getting into the game by gathering solo and enjoying the environment of the game. Now, that would bore me to tears, but that's how he played. Nothing wrong with that.

I just dont want to play like that. I'd rather have a weapon and be in command of a situation, if it came to that. And being that I was killed so many times as a bambi doing nothing but running, I realize you need a weapon in this game to have a chance. And if it is infinitely harder now to get an m4, well, I'll be looking at other options to get one [insert evil cackle here]