RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I don't know of any popular site that generates a massive income with DayZ hacks these days - correct me if I'm wrong. (No, I won't mention the reason again. ;))

Surely selling paid hacks is against paypal's t&c. Do you ever go down that route i.e. targeting the payment processor.

https://www.paypal.com/pl/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_PL

From the prohibited uses part:

(g) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction

Didn't blizzard successful argue that hacks violated their intellectual property rights?

"When users of the Hacks download, install, and use the Hacks, they copy StarCraft II copyrighted content into their computer's RAM in excess of the scope of their limited license, as set forth in the EULA and ToU, and create derivative works of StarCraft II,"

Edited by freethink

Surely selling paid hacks is against paypal's t&c. Do you ever go down that route i.e. targeting the payment processor.

https://www.paypal.com/pl/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_PL

From the prohibited uses part:

Didn't blizzard successful argue that hacks violated their intellectual property rights?

"When users of the Hacks download, install, and use the Hacks, they copy StarCraft II copyrighted content into their computer's RAM in excess of the scope of their limited license, as set forth in the EULA and ToU, and create derivative works of StarCraft II,"

Please let's not go into law here, especially because the impact of EULAs is highly debatable in Europe (or parts of it) and this forum has probably not enough disk-space at the hoster for us to debate all that s***.

That paypal thing is admittedly interesting, but .......AAAHHHH

Edited by bautschi

Please let's not go into law here, especially because the impact of EULAs is highly debatable in Europe (or parts of it) and this forum has probably not enough disk-space at the hoster for us to debate all that s***.

That paypal thing is admittedly interesting, but .......AAAHHHH

The law wasn't the point really. The point is payment processors avoid risk and anything that is of "highly debatable" legality isn't something conservative payment processors would want to be part of.

The law wasn't the point really. The point is payment processors avoid risk and anything that is of "highly debatable" legality isn't something conservative payment processors would want to be part of.

Including this answer (bad me) we now have 13 posts on this page that have nothing to do with the "current hacking status". The topic is accusations, answers to those and now international law and money movement. I think this thread is one of the most important ones in this forum, but I fear it will be shut down - and with just reason - if it derails too much. Opening this can of worms just might do that. Maybe an own thread discussing these problems in general would be a solution? I'll definitely follow it out of interest.

either you believe that and are shockingly naïve or yer in denial son, tell us, without lying, what happens to confiscated game keys eh? just bear in mind that we all know yer sell em on via 3rd party sites all cheap like.

Damn, you got me! :blush:

no profits = no business son, ergo it's in yer interests to keep hacking active.

You couldn't be more wrong. I guess outside of your conspiracy world it has never occurred to you that over time many more games would want to use BE if it completely stopped hacking? This will always be the ultimate goal, call me crazy all you want.
  • Like 5

either you believe that and are shockingly naïve or yer in denial son, tell us, without lying, what happens to confiscated game keys eh? just bear in mind that we all know yer sell em on via 3rd party sites all cheap like.

Arma 2 keys were goin for a fiver a pop back in the days of the mod and the punters were primarily hackers.

No hackin = no bans

no bans = no keys

no keys = no profits

no profits = no business son, ergo it's in yer interests to keep hacking active.

0yuedTl.jpg

You have to prove it to begin with that's the first set..

But just a quick 1 for you,do you realise that most new titles that have AI in it has a working aimbot in the game already...

Did you know that?

Go play any bf title and play with bots,and just turn it up to hard or very hard and watch them rip...

Second most of them are moving towards or are starting to use bitcoins..

We all know why this is being done,because it relates to your first bit about PayPal..

But its a wonkie road top go down they make massive coin and would just shut up 1 shop only to open a new shop 10mins later and the process begins again so i cant seeing them moving in that direction tbh..

On topic i haven't had any luck with jail cells having players above them and also ammo glitching either..

I think its more like the same situation Anti Virus companies have... while you chase down and fix the current hax, loopholes etc. the hackers/scriptkids already working on something new. Ergo, we will never get rid of hax and only can hope that BE and others could improve their current effort as some hax are ingame for ages and we dont see massive ammount of whine threads popping up from idiots being caught and banned.

I think its more like the same situation Anti Virus companies have... while you chase down and fix the current hax, loopholes etc. the hackers/scriptkids already working on something new. Ergo, we will never get rid of hax and only can hope that BE and others could improve their current effort as some hax are ingame for ages and we dont see massive ammount of whine threads popping up from idiots being caught and banned.

Oh believe me, I have 100-200 whine emails from those "idiots" in my inbox every single day. Only a few are bold enough to post about their "innocence" on forums.
  • Like 1

Is your profile picture that of an Octopus giving a guy head?

Oh believe me, I have 100-200 whine emails from those "idiots" in my inbox every single day. Only a few are bold enough to post about their "innocence" on forums.

For the record, our support guys receive a very similar (if not higher) number of these emails. Add to that tens of issues on the FT and a couple of twitter posts every day and one might think that BattlEye is actually fairly good at what it does.  ;)

• Like 1

That is nice to hear but please tell me why are still tons of morons running around with unlimited ammo mags ? Shouldnt BE just autoban them when they log into a server or is there still no fix for this most common hack ?

That is nice to hear but please tell me why are still tons of morons running around with unlimited ammo mags ? Shouldnt BE just autoban them when they log into a server or is there still no fix for this most common hack ?

Apparently this is an engine issue (maybe related to duping?) as the devs fixed ammo hacks a while ago. They even removed all hacked magazines during maintenance, so I'm not sure how something like that is even possible at this point. Edited by BEdev-Sable

I haven't come across any further hacked magazines since the previous patch. We only play Public hive servers and we only play bandit in Bere/NEAF.

So i met a guy at gorka and we had dinner in the campfire,having fun until this guy starts shooting my new friend,so i killed the guy because good cover and he had bad aim.When i look looked at  his body  (ofc had everything, over 500 ammo jesus) and fully kitted M4, when i tried  to reload the M4 it just said  in the left down corner "<3" never hear nor seen this before,so after that i hid the body and left the M4 in the woods.Have you seen this ?

Probably an admin. When they log on as admin, they can use global chat.  He probably restarted his server 600 times an hour to get fresh loot and he probably just farmed the shit out of the NWAF.

ORRRRRR he could be a hacker.

So i met a guy at gorka and we had dinner in the campfire,having fun until this guy starts shooting my new friend,so i killed the guy because good cover and he had bad aim.When i look looked at  his body  (ofc had everything, over 500 ammo jesus) and fully kitted M4, when i tried  to reload the M4 it just said  in the left down corner "<3" never hear nor seen this before,so after that i hid the body and left the M4 in the woods.Have you seen this ?

Merged

been playing a few hours on regular for about teh last 5 nights or so in a row, always in berezino, always full server, always die from peoepl hacking.

it is impossible to be in berezino without being killed by cheater using "hacks" it really is. i dont care if people say oh its not that bad, the fact is, it is not possible to be in berezino on a full server, and not die from hack, in the last week.

i want to pass through svelto and down to berezino on hardcore, but i cant because i knwo i wil die from hacker, its pretty annoying, to not be able to go to an exciting area of the map because it wil end it in an almost guaranteed death from a cheater!

• Like 2

been playing a few hours on regular for about teh last 5 nights or so in a row, always in berezino, always full server, always die from peoepl hacking.

it is impossible to be in berezino without being killed by cheater using "hacks" it really is. i dont care if people say oh its not that bad, the fact is, it is not possible to be in berezino on a full server, and not die from hack, in the last week.

i want to pass through svelto and down to berezino on hardcore, but i cant because i knwo i wil die from hacker, its pretty annoying, to not be able to go to an exciting area of the map because it wil end it in an almost guaranteed death from a cheater!

Move to experimental for the time being. That's what I did. I'm sure there are hackers on exp. too but they just aren't as noticeable. Also any security fixes will usually be tried out on exp first. I felt the same way you did and playing exp. is what saved it for me.

• Like 1

Hello everyone first of all im realy sorry for my english but i´ll do my best.

I was at berezino with 2 friends i was camping on the oil silo , and my friends were just on the floor moving towards the clinic , then they got attacked but i had no visual, one of them had an ak, and he said " i just lost my ak WTFFF , " " probably i left one the ground" this happened while they shoot him up and broke their legs, somehow he could fall back with my other friend to a spot that i could see them, while my friend was giving him a saline a speed hackers pops out and fucks them up just like that i was able to kill the hacker with my mosin, but shortly after a fkin fresh spawn hacker comees rushing to the same spot, probably the guy that i killed and then he saw me and, then ... MY MOZIN JUST PUFFF dissapeared from my a«hands , then i realized what hapeened to  my friend ak and my mozin, after that i saw 2 or maybe 3 guys hacking with speed trying to kill each other, 5 minutes later the survivng hacker focus me but he just couldn t kill me cause im to great for those pussys, the guy was on top of a wherehouse , this one.

400px-Warehousedayzstandalone.jpg

I maneged to survive anyway.

This game as come to an end for me. 

Rocket keep adding more stupid citys more stupid stuff and keep what we want for last thats the way to do it ;)

Well there is clear difference between this what's happening in newspawn zones on .45 stable servers and on .46 experimental servers.

There gonna be a lot of bans on Wednesday when .46 goes on stable that's for sure.

So let me get this straight, the fix for stealing items in .46 exp is to prevent you from dragging items off of a person's body?

wat

P.S I don't hack it was just an observation I made. 

Edited by hotcakes

So let me get this straight, the fix for stealing items in .46 exp is to prevent you from dragging items off of a person's body?

It is a fix for a hack that allowed people to strip gear off of your character at distance.

It is a fix for a hack that allowed people to strip gear off of your character at distance.

The persons bubble is over 100 metres,because i was camping in a crane,and there was 3 guys doing it..

So the hot fix is coming out in the next maintenance on Wednesdays patch?

Awesome..

last week someone instagibbed me in cherno on a regular server. i have not heard any noises, no gunfire, nothing. got the message "broken legs" and not a single second later "you are dead".

i think a hacker with that kind of cheats killed me:

[snip]

Edited by Max Planck
let's not give the hackers free advertisement, shall we? Bit fishy for a first post if you ask me. Or 'naughty', if you will.