RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

You really are to do something about all the cheaters in this game.

In the last 2 days i've been killed twice by cheaters who have unlimited AK magazines and that shoots through concrete walls and once by a fresh spawn who teleported around me and eventually knocked me unconcsious and then killed me.
I've had enough.
  • Like 1

It looks that the last update changed nothing. So many sold copies and so little effort...

Come on devs; do something - this isn't a simple game anymore, not with that much money around.

Running into the appartments in Berezino, some pussies have glitches through the walls of the building and firing their glitched m4 mags for 40-50 seconds with unlimited rounds. Remember after the mod they said that hacking wouldn't be a problem in the standalone because everything was server side haha what a piece of shit game.

• Like 1

Remember after the mod they said that hacking scripting wouldn't be a problem in the standalone because everything was server side haha

Fixed that for ya ;)

edit: And it's not a problem.

• Like 1

Fixed that for ya ;)

What do you mean with "it's not a problem." Do you mean the scripting has been fixed?

What do you mean with "it's not a problem." Do you mean the scripting has been fixed?

Yes. Sinc January iirc

Fixed that for ya ;)

Oh yeah my bad, things are much better now. It used to be just zombies that could walk through buildings, now players can do it too, much improvement, such programming, wow.

• Like 2

Yes. Sinc January iirc

That's great news but I know people that were exploiting the scripting interface after this date. As in, talked to them online via Skype and in-game. Is it possible the changes were rolled back?

That's great news but I know people that were exploiting the scripting interface after this date. As in, talked to them online via Skype and in-game. Is it possible the changes were rolled back?

No. Either these people were hacking into the game (not scripting) or they were lying. It's not possible for the client to override the server.

• Like 1

hacker. He had a clip with unlimited m4 ammo. There is no scope for the m4 though. Meh.

Anyways what is new in Dayz so far?

No. Either these people were hacking into the game (not scripting) or they were lying. It's not possible for the client to override the server.

Are you sure bout that...

So how are they running round with m4 ammo that is unlimited.....

So they way they do it isn't some form of scripting?

Has that free hack been fixed yet,because this is what most of it is..

Had a server ad,min running round with it,kicked e because i killed his mate..and the only way you get kicked is if your admin of the server..

If you want the free hack ask im sure i can give it to you or BE...

• Like 1

In a twisted way these hackers are supporting the development of the game. I obviously cant prove this, but I believe the only reason this game remains in the top10 of steam is purely because of all the hacking. Would be interesting report to get steam to calculate how many steam accounts solely have Dayz on them - 99% of these will be hacking accounts.

In a twisted way these hackers are supporting the development of the game. I obviously cant prove this, but I believe the only reason this game remains in the top10 of steam is purely because of all the hacking. Would be interesting report to get steam to calculate how many steam accounts solely have Dayz on them - 99% of these will be hacking account

Thats most likely also the reason why Bohemia is not really interested to fix it.... Money talks.

how is it then still possible, that cheater can make you shoulder your gun, and teleport around, have esp on, know every playerlocation etc?

thats scripting isnt it? correct me if im wrong

-snip-

Not scripting.

You can sure PM me a link to the hack and I'll have a look at it.

99% of these will be hacking accounts.

That's a massive exaggeration and you know it ;)

how is it then still possible, that cheater can make you shoulder your gun, and teleport around, have esp on, know every playerlocation etc?

thats scripting isnt it? correct me if im wrong

That's not scripting. You are wrong ;)

That's a massive exaggeration and you know it ;)

It might be an exaggeration, but I think you'll be surprised how massive it is. 

We can work it out otherways, What was the total BE + VAC bans for WC 23rd? Simply divide that as a proportion of sales over the same period.

I assume as the GUID is tied to the steam account you have access to the Steam ID's? then lets see how many of these banned peoples steam accounts have just a single game.

I would be more than interested in these published figures.

Edited by foxdie_01

-snip-

Although I might know the numbers, you'll understand that it's not something that should be public knowledge.

Suffice to say that it's nowhere near as dramatic as you seem to think.

That's not scripting. You are wrong ;)

but thats also not hacking :) anyway, im pushing my thumbs, you get that fixed together with battleeye, its hard to play on high pop atm :)

Edited by newguyzombie

Are you sure bout that...

I think the majority of the M4s with unlimited mags we see now are from duping, and not scripting. People pick them up and their friends dupe them.  Some don't use the mags, but instead dupe the ammo and the mags.  I stumbled into a dupe house last week that had probably 500 rounds to 5.56 nicely stacked in ammo cans, along with med kit.  This was obviously leftovers they could not carry.  When you see four or more guys running around in the exact same kit, that should be a warning. When duping of equipment and food is gone, it will force more people to look for food, rather than a fight. 

I liked when someone in this thread said: "So I am white hat hacker, I kill only bandits with my hacks".

Hmm, come to think of it, with so many hacks out there and with the devs failure in rectifying them. I believe Dayz is a playground and training ground for hackers to hone their skills. Just the other day, i got sniped by a hacker swimming in mid-air with da clouds!. Kinda cool actually, and somehow inspire me to do the same. Will need to find some hacks myself

(If you cant fight them, JOIN them!)

Yeah, i got tired from hearing all the excuse by devs, saying "they are working on it", "this is alpha", bla bla bla. Sorry dudes, I have fallen to da Dark SIde of da force. Please send me a warning ty.

I liked when someone in this thread said: "So I am white hat hacker, I kill only bandits with my hacks".

Link, please.

In a twisted way these hackers are supporting the development of the game. I obviously cant prove this, but I believe the only reason this game remains in the top10 of steam is purely because of all the hacking. Would be interesting report to get steam to calculate how many steam accounts solely have Dayz on them - 99% of these will be hacking accounts.

In no way is this a twisted outcome of hackers. 

Hacking only became a term with a negative connotation because of people like Capn Crunch and Kevin Mitnick got busted for breaking the law.

REAL hackers, unlike what gaming script kiddies call themselves, are more intrigued with how something works than ways to use their exploits nefariously. 

More importantly, hackers have been a constant force and this game is no different. If it can be broken, someone will break it.

The most offensive thing for a company or software dev to do is to ignore the warnings or findings of a hacker kind enough to share them. You are only inviting more, and more black hattish, attacks.