RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Yesterday I have managed to kill a man with M4A1. When I opened his inventory, I saw that he had full backpack of ammo, at stacks of 30000 and more. His weapon was loaded with same amount of bullets, so we tried to shot with that. There was over 30,000 bullets in magazine, so it shot almost infinitely. The good thing was that we hid his body with those nasty stuff. Its a pity that I did not took screenshots :/ I would have atleast something to post on bugs forum.

Did anyone of you have seen something similar?

Merging

• Like 1

Yesterday I have managed to kill a man with M4A1. When I opened his inventory, I saw that he had full backpack of ammo, at stacks of 30000 and more. His weapon was loaded with same amount of bullets, so we tried to shot with that. There was over 30,000 bullets in magazine, so it shot almost infinitely. The good thing was that we hid his body with those nasty stuff. Its a pity that I did not took screenshots :/ I would have atleast something to post on bugs forum.

Did anyone of you have seen something similar?

Check my posts above

I am dead set sick of friggin hackers. even made there way to arma 3 for god sake. only way to stop em is track there ip go to house and chop away at there dam fingers. take there toes to just to be sure.

• Like 1

sadly, i got no vid or screenshot but we (2player) just got killed in elektro by a guy with a shotgun. he was just firing like 20 times in a row and also shooting through walls in our building. that happened on 100/100 experimental server (DE)..these guys are realy the most annoying part of a game, especially dayZ, because death is permanent :/

edit: ok, worth it, I respawned and found some "magical" red berries, which i can use as often as i want  >.< xD...

Edited by Hippiecalypse

So it's starting to get hard to find a server where people aren't teleporting now, the last few bodies I've looted in the last few high-pop servers all have multi-hundred ammo stacks, and I've had to start turning my sound off completely due to people hacking VOIP and globally blasting shrilling screams (or worse).

DayZ is becoming pretty unbearable, either that or I'm incredibly unlucky. I literally just made an account to post this. Is there an end in sight? Or is this apocalyptic sim already done for?

Edited by Saber1
  • Like 3

They'll try to deal with this as soon as they can, but atm there's more focus on just getting vital game features fixed like guaranteed messaging, phyiscs for hunting and still tweaking to zombies. This only strikes me as an issue for high pop servers tbh, I don't run into this too much but I agree it's happening more often than before and it is annoying. But medium pop servers are still fine and as long as they are then testing will not be impeded - therefore being low on the priority list.

So it's starting to get hard to find a server where people aren't teleporting now, the last few bodies I've looted in the last few high-pop servers all have multi-hundred ammo stacks, and I've had to start turning my sound off completely due to people hacking VOIP and globally blasting shrilling screams (or worse).

DayZ is becoming pretty unbearable, either that or I'm incredibly unlucky. I literally just made an account to post this. Is there an end in sight? Or is this apocalyptic sim already done for?

Agree completely, it's getting out of hand and given the nature of the game with permi-death it's far more damaging than in other multiplayer games.

I love the game, but more needs to be done to stop hackers and glitchers ruining it.

• Like 1

Merging

Yeah, it's just an exploit for infinite ammo.. Trash it in the ocean.

That video just reminds me of how bad the shooting is in stand alone.

• Like 1

Killed 2 guys today with that gun (one was the exact clip that had infinite ammo) and another with 81,641 (5.56mm) ammo stacked. Before these guys ran into us, they were going crazy in Berezino shooting EVERYONE on sight on a populated server. 

Killed 2 guys today with that gun (one was the exact clip that had infinite ammo) and another with 81,641 (5.56mm) ammo stacked. Before these guys ran into us, they were going crazy in Berezino shooting EVERYONE on sight on a populated server. 

Yea we killed 3 people with this today, its pretty annoying

I avoid high pop servers for this reason. Until the "elite scripting masters" fuck off I won't play on a server with 30+ players. 

Well we are getting hackers on our 40 man server almost daily and it is getting very frustrating for the admins as we have no way of knowing who is the hacker on the server.

This is a video from one of our guys when 6 of us got taken out by a guys teleporting about with an axe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VthuuaEZlsI&noredirect=1

and here are the idiots selling the hacks..

[snip]

we need more power to catch and ban these guys!!!

more power

more power

mo farah

cheers tom

Edited by Max Planck
Let's not advertise for those guys, okay?
  • Like 2

So for 4 nights in a row now, our clan have come across /been wiped out by these bell ends. While I appreciate the immortal words of "remember its an alpha" & "there always will be hacking/ scripting going on", actually, its a piss poor excuse and we shouldn't just be fobbed off with the "oh well, never mind" attitude that Dayz devs, Battleye and Vilayer have.

- From a Dev perspective, stuff the camp fires and cooking pots! Work on protecting the game files and ensuring data integrity so that they cant be modified by 15 year old spotty virgins.
- Battleye, sort your cheat engine out ffs. Its not like you don't know about the ESP and teleport hacks. Surely with the cash your making pretending to protect Dayz, you can regularly update the engine and provide protection. Why ban in waves?? If your software detects and kicks a cheat, ban them straight away, don't let them cause chaos for the next couple of weeks until the wave comes around again.
- Vilayer, give the admins the tools to look at the kill logs on their servers if a blatant hacker is trolling them. Its not acceptable to just take the cash and sit back and say your problem now sunshine. Oh, and the "provide proof and we will act" bullshit doesn't wash either. We can all take videos of how we are wiped out in seconds, but how the hell are you supposed to get close to a teleporting knob jockey to take his pulse & get a name?? And even if by some stroke of divine intervention you did manage to get a name, its 99% not going to be their steam name as the game lets you put whatever you want in anyway.

Vent over, deep breath and relax.... smiley.gif

• Like 3

- Battleye, sort your cheat engine out ffs. Its not like you don't know about the ESP and teleport hacks. Surely with the cash your making pretending to protect Dayz, you can regularly update the engine and provide protection.

We do. Don't believe me, ask some cheaters how often they have been banned already.

Why ban in waves?? If your software detects and kicks a cheat, ban them straight away, don't let them cause chaos for the next couple of weeks until the wave comes around again.

BE generally bans cheaters quite quickly, it surely doesn't take weeks.

Other than that, let me remind you again that BE cannot actually "fix" game exploits (including teleport and ammo hacks). We can try to protect against it, but we cannot fix the underlying problem.

Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 1

Thanks Sable for your reply, just really frustrated man......

Can you advise how quickly these wave bans come around then as no one seems to know?

If we could get the kill logs from the hosters, at least server admins would have half a chance to ban the blatant ones from their servers

Other than that, let me remind you again that BE cannot actually "fix" game exploits (including teleport and ammo hacks). We can try to protect against it, but we cannot fix the underlying problem.

Yeah, just happened to me (again) on Experimental. I got attacked by a guy in the apartments near Cherno. I killed him and went to the roof to do some ACOG crossbow sniping. All of a sudden I start lagging slightly. I see the exact same guy (or someone that looked really similar) teleport in and start swinging at me with a Fire Axe. He is horrible and misses. I shoot at him and he disappears.

I hope that after they update the server architecture for performance they can do more sanity checks on information received from the client to make sure players aren't just speed-running, teleporting around, overloading their mags, etc.

Thanks Sable for your reply, just really frustrated man......

Can you advise how quickly these wave bans come around then as no one seems to know?

If we could get the kill logs from the hosters, at least server admins would have half a chance to ban the blatant ones from their servers

Your absolutely right buddy but this is something the devs need to sort out not battleye, they can only work with what they have. The real disgrace is the way dean hall flouted around about how this game was not going to be like the mod in terms of hacks but at this point in time with not being tied to steam and no kill log to see suspicious activity there is fuck all you or anyone else can do about it and in some ways it is worse then the mod.

Funny that they made it even harder by allowing you to change your name in game, what exactly was wrong with it being tied to your steam name any way (nothing). And the worse part out of all of this is that we don't hear jack shit from anyone working on this game, this dude from battle eye is the only one who actually seems to give a flying fuck about it, the devs lips are sealed and you get loads of shills on here who will quickly downplay the issue making it even harder for the devs to hear our concerns.

It is the only thing in the development process at the moment that is really giving second thoughts about the standalone ( i was killed by a teleporting hacker this morning, hence the rant)

• Like 5

They really need a fix for the infinite ammo glitch in stable soon, its starting to get out of hand, i even reported a few pf my squad for doing ot, now there banned.

Plz fix soon. It's hard telling people it's a game of realism when they die to invincible people teleporting around with infinite ammo...  :(