RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Not nice, but everyone who knows how is doing it. 

Why people state this is beyond me. Just because it is there does not mean everyone who knows how is doing it. It isn't a hack but it is definitely a lamo cheat. 

Why people state this is beyond me. Just because it is there does not mean everyone who knows how is doing it. It isn't a hack but it is definitely a lamo cheat. 

When i´m aware that someone has an unfair advantage using exploits and i know how to equate that advantage then i will do it! I´m not going to let me kill just because i´m a do-gooder. The solution is to fix the exploits and not beeing a naive dumbass.

Yes, i´m dreaming of the full immersion. Looking through walls and getting killed by players falling from the sky or sitting in a wallglitch is not the full immersion. Even killing other players in a survival game is not the full immersion. Not to forget! ;)

Edited by lauda

Hm... unless they've "stored" these characters for weeks now I don't think that's really plausible. What would be the reason for storing players with old "hacked" items?

You have to understand that these players are 99% of the time found in the PVP hotzones, running around like complete idiots, hence it is fairly easy to kill them when they're distracted. Doubt their average life span could be that high.

That said, at least from my experience most players just dump hacked items out in the woods so that the next server reset will destroy them instead of re-using them since people don't want to get banned.

We may be getting to the bottom here however. Before maybe 7-10 days ago, I've never seen the infinity M4 or noticed people spraying through multiple buildings, so these just could be entirely new features altogether, now that's quite numerous.

Your asumption is correct, only playing on stable, BE enabled servers.

//Edit: Thanks for taking your time to communicate with us by the way.

I have had these mags about five times now, found them on people i have killed and used them myself, kill one hacker, dupe the mag, join my clan of six and there's six of the mags right there. These mags will continually float around dayz until another character wipe so it's not worth worryng too much about but the people who use them are not hackers.

for people that dont know what hackers can do in the game, just go to the dayz section of the most famous cheats site and see the amount of scripts that are possible to inject in the game.

they can spawn items, they can speed hack, they can do a ton of shit, most of them dont do it and just use ESP and 5 or 10% speed hack, so they can play with a huge advantage without being detected.

The amount of cheaters in this game is WAY bigger than you think, as most of the people are discrete, the ones that go flying around exploding everything probably are the ones that already have another  spare key and dont care about being banned.

And as the game have terrible desyncing and glitching problems, they can kill you by dodgy means and if you come here everybody will tell it's desync, lag or glitching, some of them will even contemplate you with an "alpher".

Tell me more about how they have spare keys, you probably don't even own this game do you, DAYZ STANDALONE

Hackers exist. I have witnessed. But...

I presume about 90% of said hackings is just kids in denial about their shitty user error.

Kids don't like to lose..

In WOW I was part of an amazing 3v3 team who took gladiator title 6 seasons straight. I played a rogue..I won 8/10 duels..and almost EVERY person or team that lost blamed lag or hacks.

Do you ever stop to think maybe its just you?

• Like 3

Tell me more about how they have spare keys, you probably don't even own this game do you, DAYZ STANDALONE

what?

Edited by lipemr

Tell me more about how the hackers have spare keys, what do you mean by that ?

that probably they bought the game again in another steam account?

When i´m aware that someone has an unfair advantage using exploits and i know how to equate that advantage then i will do it! I´m not going to let me kill just because i´m a do-gooder. The solution is to fix the exploits and not beeing a naive dumbass.

Yes, i´m dreaming of the full immersion. Looking through walls and getting killed by players falling from the sky or sitting in a wallglitch is not the full immersion. Even killing other players in a survival game is not the full immersion. Not to forget! ;)

So what happens if you 'wall glitch' because you need to 'check your surroundings' and there is someone in the building that is not cheating and simply looting ? Is that just  ..well he probably was going to anyway or..? Either way it doesn't matter because now you have the drop on him, and he has no idea he has been spotted. Or are you saying that we should simply all do it and you are a naive idiot for not doing it ?

If i blatantly see someone wall glitching then it is a different story, but until you know for sure that someone is then you cannot justify it for yourself .

It just simply doesn't wash with me, people can justify whichever way they need to to feel ok about it. 

• Like 2

To those who has not seen a hacker, i suggest you guys play in a high pop server, get fully kitted out and just roam the coast or hang around a high pop area... Heck, some of my friends got killed within 60 secs of logging in, all 7 of them... And they were spread out, one even got shot inside a garage(no windows, door closed), an m4 2 shotting me behind solid cover, just yesterday a group of 3 germans just spawned inside a wall on neaf

There are definitely cheaters and most of them show up when new updates come out.  I actually addressed this with the last patch and was contacted within a couple hours by a BE guy asking for more info on the cheat I witnessed.  BE is definitely cracking down on cheaters dude, but there will always be hackers in games, its just how it is.  It is probably easier to hack into the game right now than it will be once the game is finished and better written code is in the game, until then, let the little sore losers have their cheats, they'll get bored at some point and they'll keep having to buy copies and create new accounts and shit.

To those who has not seen a hacker, i suggest you guys play in a high pop server, get fully kitted out and just roam the coast or hang around a high pop area... Heck, some of my friends got killed within 60 secs of logging in, all 7 of them... And they were spread out, one even got shot inside a garage(no windows, door closed), an m4 2 shotting me behind solid cover, just yesterday a group of 3 germans just spawned inside a wall on neaf

those are all exploits, except for the everyone-dieing-in-60-seconds part, guess that is just a weird circumstance or a real hacker

though it doesn't make the problem any smaller...

because of player weapons being able to clip through walls, people can shoot through walls by literally sticking their whole barrel through the wall, and you can jump inside most indoor walls by sprintvaulting, like in the prison

i hope this gets addressed soon, but i wouldn't get my hopes up if i were you...

I have 438 hours played, mostly on populated servers, and have seen ZERO CONFIRMED HACKERS.

Seen tons of combat loggers (before the fix, and some after)

Seen tons of dupers.

Seen tons of exploiters (hiding inside of walls, etc)

Been killed 2-3 times right after logging in under "suspicious" circumstances... 

But nothing I can CONFIRM as definite hacking. 

For those of you who claim to see hackers "all the time", you're either extremely unlucky, or extremely bad. . . and I don't believe in luck, so read between the lines.

Wanna see a game infested with hackers? Go back to DayZ Mod.... And yes, even on private hives, because the fact is most private hive servers are owned and operated by 14-17 year old kids. Good luck.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1

120+ hours------People with stacks of 1800 m4 rounds, aimbots, player finders, people can spawn in fully geared bots..kill them then take there gear.  Its not to bad...but it is out there...and its hard to tell most of the time if youve been cheated. 

• Like 1

120+ hours------People with stacks of 1800 m4 rounds, aimbots, player finders, people can spawn in fully geared bots..kill them then take there gear.  Its not to bad...but it is out there...and its hard to tell most of the time if youve been cheated. 

hey, how did you prove that aimbot and playerfinders? because i am always on high pop servers like in electro and now in berenzino. with 100+ and never came across an aimbotter or similar

So what happens if you 'wall glitch' because you need to 'check your surroundings' and there is someone in the building that is not cheating and simply looting ? Is that just  ..well he probably was going to anyway or..? Either way it doesn't matter because now you have the drop on him, and he has no idea he has been spotted. Or are you saying that we should simply all do it and you are a naive idiot for not doing it ?

If i blatantly see someone wall glitching then it is a different story, but until you know for sure that someone is then you cannot justify it for yourself .

It just simply doesn't wash with me, people can justify whichever way they need to to feel ok about it. 

Glitching is possible for everyone and very many players are doing it. Not everyone of course, but how can i know? Anyway, the glitchers are not the problem and i don´t blame anyone of them. The problem is that it is possible!

• Like 1

How exactly do you know someone aimbotted you? Hmm? How can you prove that? 

Aimbots are not nearly as common as people think. No-recoil is much more common than an aimbot, and there's no real way to be sure of that either.. so be careful when you start accusing people of "aimbotting".

Also, ESP is out there, and it's possible, and I've suspected people of using it, and I've caught several people in DayZ Mod using it when I was an admin of a server.. they would log in, run directly to the nearest vehicle (usually a bike), then drive directly to someones base where they were storing helicopters.. But I've never been able to "confirm" someone is using it on DayZ SA, and honestly neither can you unless you have video evidence from their perspective.

So, stop with the hackusations. Just makes you sound like a noob in any game.

Wanna see a game infested with hackers? Go back to DayZ Mod.... And yes, even on private hives, because the fact is most private hive servers are owned and operated by 14-17 year old kids. Good luck.

It's a good thing then that Rocket decided to not let private hives ruin Standalone too...or,... no, wait....ohhh

Edited by Highlander007

Yup there are a lot of hackers lately especially infinite

amo hack

Yeah, we are not allowed to send Links to Hacks, even if it's a video, most of them have download links.

But other than that, I think you are unlucky, I believe that I have over 1000 hours on DayZ Mod and almost 100 on DayZ Standalone and, trust me, not one single hacker found.

I just found a few on DayZ Mod but they rarely did anything to me.

Then you couldn't have played very often on servers with actual people on them. Simple as that.

• Like 2

Infinite ammo is a bug/glitch not a hack, and with 425 hours played, only seen one yacker, (who was friendly, just teleported me all the gear on the map, then said take this, which i then immediately logged, this was back in the first week of jan though)

Most people that feel that there are few hacks in SA or Mod simply don't play on populated servers. They will find that once they start playing on servers with actual people logged in and playing that their experience becomes pretty bland because of the amount of cheating going on.

So, stop with the hackusations. Just makes you sound like a noob in any game.

While you may be right in saying that about "aimbotters", the fact that is that 90% of hacks are very blatantly obvious in this game (Mod or SA). I've seen people flying aircraft that weren't obtainable in DayZ Mod, invisible players that would walk into a room with you and kill you and you couldn't see them... the list goes on. Not everyone is just crazy or stupid when it comes to claiming that there are hackers in the game. The game is riddled with them. It always has been. The only thing that might make it worse is making a DayZ mod with Call of Duty. That's the only place I've ever seen more hackers... then again I barely played CoD and in that very short time I witnessed countless hackers spinning around doing headshot after headshot every 1-2 seconds on a constant basis. I've spent a lot of time in DayZ and witnessed a lot of very blatant hacking.
Edited by chrismgtis
  • Like 1