RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Well, today in the Vybor mil base in a barack my friend dropped, then I heard AK fire and then the fun began. I went into a room, got shot at from behind full auto, not hit. Went out and looked back into the room - I see a drum mag flying around at about the height where it should be if someone is crouching. In the game I thought I had seen the knee of a wallglitching player, only realised when watching the recording that it was a flying drum mag. The mag continues to fly through the wall into the next room. Checked the next room, no one there.

Went into the washroom, got again fired at from behind by an AK and a Mosin (I think), impacts at the door of the washroom, so bullets went through the room. Then a handgranade came...did not harm me in the last shower stall, I think it went off in the barack's entrance. In the end one of them went past the washroom entrance and I got impatient...and impatience leads to dead me.

The whole thing took 5 minutes, if a BI employee or Sable want's the vid, I can give it to you. I'll not make it public though.

EDIT: As others have already talked about invisible players (I thought that was because of desync), and I don't know all causes of funny things currently, I would have said, it might just have been dupers (no one fires so much lead at anyone) and wall glitchers. Can you glitch through barack walls? But that flying drum mag sealed the deal, at least for me. If someone knows more about that, please tell me.

Edited by bautschi

2 diff servers. 2 diff towns. 2 diff hackers. If you hear a M4 get the fuck out of there. Especially if he starts shooting and it jsut doesn't stop. Its not worth your time. Id stay away from full servers. Thats where they are.

• Like 2

After 150 hours my friends and I met our first hacker. We were running and my friend checked his inventory to see his protector case and colt45 "fell" out of his backpack. The backpack was ruined so we brainstormed maybe thinking items could in theory fall out cause its ruined like a penalty. We search around and find the protector case (it had 2 AK101 mags in it) but the case was empty. When my friend picked it up he was suddenly killed out of nowhere. We didn't hear any shots and my other friend and I ran off in other directions, suddenly he says he died as well but still no shots or anything. I survived but probably because I barely had any items and only had a pistol with 1 mag. This encounter occurred at the Jailhouse North of Novo on a server with about 13-15 people. No idea who it was.

Edited by Metalsiren00

Even if that were true, the fact that there's always a hacker on every full server running around in Berezino, I think his statement speaks volumes about the cheating scene in DayZ. I'm not like most people who seem to post on the forums. When I play DayZ, I only play to kill other people. Surviving is mind-numbingly easy, so I try to make it harder by forcing confrontations in hotspots.

Every time I'm in Berezino on a full servers, there is infinite SKS and M4A1 fire. Even if BattlEye was forcing scripters to make new hacks every week, they're still making new hacks every week that trump last week's system, so how does that make any difference to the legitimate players? It doesn't.

You really need to stop defending BattlEye in every post you make; BattlEye proved to me that they can at least admit when they erroneously ban someone, which I wholeheartedly appreciate, but beyond that, their system isn't really helping.

When it comes to cheaters they are usually 1 step ahead of the people trying to prevent cheating. The anti cheating tech is based on known ways to cheat. The hackers adapt and make changes and once people are hit with them then the defenses are changed again. Many times though the hacker will be at least one step ahead. It's difficult to be proactive enough to stop every attack to prevent the experience from ever happening at all.

its back... every shit hack is back...

this happend to me and a friend one hour ago:

i saved my m8.... but payed the price...

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 1

its back... every shit hack is back...

this happend to me and a friend one hour ago:

i saved my m8.... but payed the price...

So how does the paid hacking work?  I know BE doesn't say much about their successes.  However, I thought that BE learns how to stop the current paid hacks after a week or two, and then the hackers eventually make new hacks; and therefore it starts over again.  If this is true, it seems like the people buying these hacks would get banned every few weeks. Paying $30 each time they get caught would get expensive after a few times.

So how does the paid hacking work?  I know BE doesn't say much about their successes.  However, I thought that BE learns how to stop the current paid hacks after a week or two, and then the hackers eventually make new hacks; and therefore it starts over again.  If this is true, it seems like the people buying these hacks would get banned every few weeks. Paying $30 each time they get caught would get expensive after a few times.

Its a circle in which every part gets profit except for us legit players.

It starts with BE releasing a ban wave

Then hackers get banned, some of them pay for the game again (its depressing I know, but ir really happens)

New paid hacks are released and then we have to live with it untill the next banwave

From time to time BI would put Arma IICO on sale right after a banwave, so even more hackers rebuy the game. This does not happens with SA yet

• Like 3

So, I am in Sevro on an experimental server when right in front of me a character appears out of nowhere and says hello.  There was no delay, he just winked in and says hello, then his buddy hits me from the right with a pitch fork and insta kills me, one hit, boom, you are dead.  Was this the teleport thing? 

without a video t can be everything barnabas....

there is weird shit happening atm... watch y last vid some post before

and look into this forum, alot of ppl complain about hacks in the last days... looks like they find a new backdoor :(

Edited by quantum2k6

Speedhack is popular now. Got killed 2 times by these hackers, saw them move at impossible speeds myself. As the video above shows..

without a video t can be everything barnabas....

there is weird shit happening atm... watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTXOs1090z0

and look into this forum, alot of ppl complain about hacks in the last days... looks like they find a new backdoor :(

Lol hackers suck and all but that guy 3rd person camping was an exploiting asshole himself. Oh no someone cheated to counter my cheat, that bastard.

FYI I am not even 100% against 3rd person, but people like that guy make it hard to defend.

• Like 3

Lol hackers suck and all but that guy 3rd person camping was an exploiting asshole himself. Oh no someone cheated to counter my cheat, that bastard.

FYI I am not even 100% against 3rd person, but people like that guy make it hard to defend.

That's part of third person.  If you don't like it, there's first person.  He's not exploiting/cheating at all.  But that's not a topic for this thread.

That's disappointing that the stripping items hack is back.  Looks like he was forced to drink too which is really fucked up.

As for the OP, teleporting existed before, and I'm not sure they ever actually solved it.  I had some one teleport to me the other night because I was twanging an empty bow (it makes a global sound, that's directional, so everyone on the map can hear it).  He showed up as a fresh spawn in one of the new northern towns, way out of the way.  He then proceeded to leave sight of me and my friends for all of 10 seconds before showing up again with a bunch of crap he'd loot magnetted from around the town.  When we asked how he got the stuff so quick, he acted shady and then said it was off a body, in a place we'd been moments before.  It was some little kid, we ended up killing him.

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 1

The problem with the wannabe hackers, also called script kiddies, is that they use things that are a disadvantage to all other player. The FOV, gamma or third person "exploit" is a feature which can be used by everyone. Although it is not entirely fair, it can be considered legitimate. On the other hand the usage of any additional software which circumvents non existent possibilities, can be considered cheating. I also think, the use of TS is cheating. On a real battlefield it would be like telepathy. But software that uses bugs to operate and is not available for everyone, that is far lower than cheating. I on my part do not know where to get such software and also wouldn't dare to buy it. 

I got followed by a hacker and managed to get his in game name as well as the website where he got it from (another player asked him about it). Got it on shadowplay. Any way to report this?

I got followed by a hacker and managed to get his in game name as well as the website where he got it from (another player asked him about it). Got it on shadowplay. Any way to report this?

Merged. Best place to post is here, as the Devs read in here.

Zap Hardcore stay off.  Hick hackers are the worst 4 hackers in a group.  There on the rooftops of Berezino.  Using Radar and Teleport. 

ZaP servers are the most actively adminned servers in the game, sorry if you had a bad experience, but I can assure you we do all we can and then some.

• Like 1

ZaP servers are the most actively adminned servers in the game, sorry if you had a bad experience, but I can assure you we do all we can and then some.

I play on the ZaP Hardcore servers all the time with my friends, and they've been really reliable and I haven't had any hacker issues. 

Edited by Rags
  • Like 1

Played on hardcore. Last 3 days, each day ended with a hacker killing my whole troupe.

They prefer teleporting with mosin at the NWA. I guess it makes them feel like they hunt deer or something. We hunted a sniper for half an hour, and he always shot us from nowhere. Very close, then very far away again and he was never ever seen by any of us, not one saw him move. We are a veteran squad with hundreds of hours of playtime. I know a hacker when I see one, and this is getting out of hand now.

Three days ago I briefly saw probably the same guy, as the style was very similar. It was on NWA. I saw him moving prone at insane speed. 

Evern more depressing is that I read that on GTA5, there is a hacker who rapes people. If Rockstar, a huge gamedev with one of the most expensive games ever made, can't handle hackers, Battleeye can't either.

My first and only experience with hackers in game. Speed hackers et al. All took place on the Green Mountain Sanctuary server. Someone suggested i share this here from the gallery.

Other than this, I can't say I've had any troubles playing across many different servers. These guys sucked, however.

Edited by VIDEOSAUR

What is going on? This is the 10th time in the last 4 days i've been killed by guys teleporting across the map, shooting through houses, and appearing in front of me and stealing all of my gear then shooting me with it.

Can something please be done?

I think the hacks were made readily available recently. Hopefully Devs will attempt fixes.

Here's the current hacking status of DayZ in a nutshell:

Teleports + ESP

Inf Ammo mags

Teleports + ESP

Basically: This shit need to be taken care of an ASAP.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1

Basically: This shit need to be taken care of an ASAP.

I can't see you reporting it via the official and most effective channels (ie: Feedback Tracker)

Coming on the Forum trying to start a flame-war accusing us of trying to hide these things away isn't going to help your cause if you're not even reporting it appropriately.