RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

That does sound frustrating but can I suggest avoiding high danger areas until things settle down a bit? Hackers don't seem to bother with smaller towns and non-mil areas as often.

Also, what area are you in? Are these American servers? European?

• Like 1

The only game I hacked tho was the Diablo 2 (I used the infamous 'maphack' but who wasn't? ).

I didn't.

Bohemia isn't very interested in fighting cheats. Duping is acceptable behaviour judging from their responses,

DayZ mod was completely unplayable if you did not play on a private hive.

However, I have yet to witness any cheating in DayZ SA.

are you kidding me, Me and my clan stop going to berenzino for the past 2 weeks because every session we do ends up with a hackers killing everyone at the same time (we are in different buildings).

Hackers are out of control right now. If you want to avoid retarded hackers move out of the spawn points and some where north west or balota. 

Last night I went to test the hacker state with my friend and in berenzino and I got killed 4 times on 2 different servers by a hacker who was rolling through the air next to me. I shot him in the head with a mossin 2 times and he disappear. 2 seconds after that i loud shot and im dead. my friend sits next to me saying i didnt hear anything but i see your body being looted and there is no one here.. 

so if your question still stands weather this game is hacker infested then you got your answer. I hope they will fix this bullcrap fast cause north west is boring as hell at the moment.

Havent seen a hacker yet (i think) in dayz, and always thought if i get killed by one, who cares no big deal. However the other day i came across a hacker in 7d2d and it completely ruined my love for the game, knowing there are people out there who can kill you and there is nothing you can do about it. Im completely off the game right now, and i fear this might happen to dayz

• Like 1

I think you guys need to go play nether for a bit and then talk about the frequency of hackers on dayz. Comparing the two, I rarely encounter a hacker in dayz compared to the 6-7 per server on nether. You guys don't know how lucky you are and how much worse it could be.

Yess people my 1st encounter with a hacker and probably not the last one.
Me ,a friend and another guy where heading to Balota, but 1st we had to pass kamishovo and electro' ofcourse.
Before entering Kami' my friend spotted some guys, i aimed through my Pu scope and noticed a very panicy-rural event happening.
That's when the 3th guy logged off, not sure why but we laughed...he seemed realy scared.

We then decided to loop around in the hills to see what's happening.
Once on the hill at a fair hight - All of a sudden....Phew phew *dead*,i told my friend to take my gear stay tucked and look around.
Not much later he also got shot and told me it whas just randomly a guy in the sky with a sks burstin shot ?!!!!

Wel then he logged of cuz he had to go...but i didn't re-spawn that far from where i died..so I decided to go back and get my gear and continue my path.
To my surprise all my gear whas gone, so whas my friend's. I then continued deeper into Kami' and went into the polcie office.

To my surprise a sh*tload of good gear atleast 2 people if not 3 all ruined.
While checking for anything good i noticed i hear a mosin shot everytime i walked by a window but it whas from very far and i heard no richochet or something.
So i quickly left through the back from bush to bush the woody hills in 360'ing my head to make sure i'm not spotted.

As i kept running, and 360'ing to make sure ain't nobody seen me. This time almost on top of the hills.

All of a sudden.....SkS + AK from real real close Tadadadadah, they miseed, i 360 again.
NOBODY !!!, then again the SKS and AK from up real close it almost sounded like the guns where fired inside my headphones  :huh: 

And i died. Again. Very unusuall. I'm not a whiner by all means, when someone killed me i give him credit for that,
and i'm not gonna accuse people of being a hacker/cheater, but this whas very sketchy....

I have heard before that Day Z SA suffers from hackers&cheaters...  :| 
Not good :| I hope this will not be left ignored, otherwise Day z SA will be over.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club of those of us unfortunate enough to encounter hackers. Won't be your last encounter either.

Edited by LigerRider

I have heard before that Day Z SA suffers from hackers&cheaters...  :| 

Not good :| I hope this will not be left ignored, otherwise Day z SA will be over.

Welcome to PRE-ALPHER.

You really think that's an alpha issue? Don't be naive. The battle against hackers is never ending and they will always find a hole in the system, which then again will be closed by BE, but that causes another one to be opened. etc etc etc.

• Like 2

I didn't.

Bohemia isn't very interested in fighting cheats. Duping is acceptable behaviour judging from their responses,

Source?

Source?

Meh, the way they felt it was not possible to punish people who duped the M4 hit a sour note with me. I will see if I can remember the thread the conversation took place in. Once I remember that, I will try to remember to post the link to it here.

Meh, the way they felt it was not possible to punish people who duped the M4 hit a sour note with me. I will see if I can remember the thread the conversation took place in. Once I remember that, I will try to remember to post the link to it here.

you talking about the convo regarding infinite mag hacks?  Where people misinterpreted the devs saying 'someone may not know what 10e12381928371298379187312897 means'?

this?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/204647-infinite-magazines-reportable/?hl=%2Binfinite+%2Bmag

Duping is acceptable behaviour judging from their responses,

Oh c'mon, friend. No one ever said that.  :huh:

Oh c'mon, friend. No one ever said that.  :huh:

Well O.K you didn't quite state it THAT way but if something isn't punished then it's condoned. I have a very black and white interpretation of the world.

you talking about the convo regarding infinite mag hacks?  Where people misinterpreted the devs saying 'someone may not know what 10e12381928371298379187312897 means'?

this?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/204647-infinite-magazines-reportable/?hl=%2Binfinite+%2Bmag

Yeah, that's the one I believe.

I was looking far and wide for a downfall dayz hacker edition, but there aren't any out there, at least that i can find, that show the kind of message i can only convey in link form.

I'd call you fascist, but even hitler doesn't have a view on your level when it comes to punishment it would seem...

I really can't take this anymore... Gearing up for ages just so you can die by two hackers... I think I might become a hacker myself, just to get stuff back faster in a case of dying by hackers. Getting killed because of the game's flaws (lag etc.) is already too much, and being killed by hackers just makes me entirely frustrated and mad... 

<snop> 

Edited by orlok
Dont go there.
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity, those who cheat, do they use something to get a pre-geared character or something?
All the cheaters that i have killed have all had a ton of full ammo boxes and protector cases with epi, morphin and bandages.
And ofcourse magazines with unlimited ammo.

Apparently I hack:

IvJQY0N.jpg

fR8KzWz.jpg

I'm currently awaiting a response from them. In the meantime, I'm banned from DayZ and Arma 3. In the past when I've scoffed at people who were "banned for no reason", I now fully rescind said scoffs. Worst anti-cheat ever.

If I was going to cheat, it sure as fuck wouldn't be on the Steam account in which I have 150 or so games. If they don't reply, that's it for me and BI. <3

EDIT: It was a good run:

GZfE3nh.jpg

Edited by Grimey Rick

Apparently I hack:

IvJQY0N.jpg

fR8KzWz.jpg

I'm currently awaiting a response from them. In the meantime, I'm banned from DayZ and Arma 3. In the past when I've scoffed at people who were "banned for no reason", I now fully rescind said scoffs. Worst anti-cheat ever.

If I was going to cheat, it sure as fuck wouldn't be on the Steam account in which I have 150 or so games. If they don't reply, that's it for me and BI. <3

EDIT: It was a good run:

GZfE3nh.jpg

Were you using any 'FPS booster" programs?

Do you had some cheat engine for other games on your computer?

Were you browsing suspicious hack sites while having your DayZ running minimized?

Do you had some edited .pbo files, maybe from the past you forgot to replace?

• Like 1

Were you using any 'FPS booster" programs?

I used to use Razr Game Booster months ago, but I read an article that it doesn't actually improve anything, so I got rid of it.

Do you had some cheat engine for other games on your computer?

I have never cheated in any game that I own, no.

Were you browsing suspicious hack sites while having your DayZ running minimized?

I recently reported a website to Accolyte in a private message and a moderator on the forums after having it brought to my attention by an actual cheater that killed me. I never thought of that when I emailed them, though. Good point. I don't remember if DayZ was opened or not. I think it was, because I went to the site while he was bragging in-game and showing me the shit that it could do.

Do you had some edited .pbo files, maybe from the past you forgot to replace?

I've never modified anything in my DayZ directory. 

Also ~2 dayz ago on experimental server I saw a guy with nick "Administrator' getting global banned.

Assuming it was actual experimental server admin then there might be some false-positive bans going around and maybe your global ban will be lifted soon.

Also ~2 dayz ago on experimental server I saw a guy with nick "Administrator' getting global banned.

Assuming it was actual experimental server admin then there might be some false-positive bans going around and maybe your global ban will be lifted soon.

I certainly hope so, but with my luck, I'll probably have CSIS at my door in the morning looking to do a full cavity search.

I gripe about it often, but I definitely enjoy the hell out of DayZ. It's literally the only reason I still use Steam these days.

• Like 1

I recently reported a website to Accolyte in a private message and a moderator on the forums after having it brought to my attention by an actual cheater that killed me. I never thought of that when I emailed them, though. Good point. I don't remember if DayZ was opened or not. I think it was, because I went to the site while he was bragging in-game and showing me the shit that it could do.

I quickly googled "can you get banned for browsing hack site VAC" and "can you get banned for browsing hack site" and the answers  were mostly yes, you can get banned while browsing hack site while having your game running *if* you browse site that has been classified as site that sells subscription based hacks.