RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

OK..how much longer for regular..just about done for awhile if this isn't fixed. Last week hack 3 ..buddy and me 0.

Seen less hackers recently to be fair, along with people who I have known who hacked have been banned. There's also quite a few more threads on the forums about people being banned.

YqJPLlY.jpg

posted this before but I think it is interesting in the sense that the hackers tried everything to conceal the shit they pulled

Yesterday/ This morning.

Hackers are getting more stupid by the minute:

I played with 3 friends yesterday. It was 1 am so the server was pretty much empty at that point, only 2 other guys left.

One of my friends gets shot at nwaf towerjail entrance. we get the guy who did it, my friend shoots the 2nd guy who was with him as well.

I shot him in the back from 100 meters with a mosin, he is still alive. suddenly he gets back up after being 10 seconds unconscious and shoots my 2nd friend who is in front of him.

Anyway me and my 3rd friend are left on the airfield. so after some time the two enemys are coming back in hope to get their gear. We wait for our friends to do the same. My buddy is in the in jail, im outside.

I shoot enemy Nr.1 again, I went up to him took his guns, checked his puls and emptied the guns he had (mosin and blaze). The second guy leaves the server and comes back in after some time, my buddy is guessing he is logging back in his back in the jail (hence infamous ghosting), which he does. me and my buddy see him up the stairs and we literally shot 50-60 bullets m4 and akm at him but he just won't die. then I hear a mosin shot from the right and i'm dead. headshot. this happened 20-30 seconds after I killed the 2nd guy and there where ONLY my friends and the 2 enemys on the server. when we first met them they where hording a ton of stuff in the jail which they I can only guess cheated as well.

We all respawned and our friend who got killed first found an helicrashsite and was waiting for us near the jail but he got killed again by the same guys who just popped out behind him in the woods.

So my friend who got killed last got to the jail again and grabbed my mosin. The 2nd enemy who was ghosting did it a second time after that and they killed each other. (I'm so proud of my friend who never used a mosin to get the m4 dude *tears of happiness@ Kora*)

So how

1. Did the guy get back from being unconscious in 10 seconds after getting hit by a mosin from 100 meters? is that even possible to get back up so fast?

2. Did the combatlocker in the jail get an m4 right after he respawned?

2. Could the ONLY other enemy we had on the server get to the west airfield in 20-30 seconds after I killed him (no pulse warm to touch, shot him 2 times to be sure he was dead) to shot me when we attacked the combatlocker in the jail? This was literally impossible since we had only 2 hostiles on the server at that point.

3. could the guy detect my friend with the m4 from the crashsite, while he was hiding in the woods behind the jail. my friend watched the door while he was inside and he couldn't have left without cheating, he did NOT relog that time.

4. Sometimes they exactly knew where we were, sometimes they didn't. It was like the hacker only turned the cheats on when they lost the fight. So why not just play and learn how to the hard way instead of choosing the easy way out and turn on cheats when you lose control of a situation?

Those 2 did there absolut best to make it look like they didn't cheat (aside from the obvious ghosting into the top floor jail) but it was so obvious it was really laughable. Just because you don't use an aimbot people can still see when you use other cheats retards.

I think the reason why it played out this way and we didn't just got killed instantly was that only one of the two was cheating. The second guy "only" used the information he got from the actual hacker.

It was satisfying though that we could kill them more often without artificial help from cheatsoftware or ghosting anyway. I'm just sad that my character had to go like this, I survived around 20 shootouts (3 weeks, around 100 hours), which is a considerable amount in this game I guess.

I fell victim to a hacker about 2 weeks ago, and then just the other day as well. So 2 times that I know of. There is part of me that is amazed and part of me that is quite frankly alarmed that they get away with it. I guess even "Frankie" was even attacked and killed by a map glitching hacker. There also tons of youtube videos popping showing these "cheaters" or "hackers" in game. This is becoming a pretty big issue for DayZ SA

I decided to do a bit of research to find out exactly what is behind all this "hacking". 1st off I don't think most of these people should be called hackers, they should be called cheaters. Hackers are innovative really smart people who are vary CPU savy, that operate on the fringes of the law or are down right bad guys. Most of these people we see in game are simply using 3rd party software that someone else made to crack into the game. Much like a mod. There's "aimbot", "esp", "teleport" and a new one to disarm people. There's a few websites out there were people can join and get them. Here's the kicker. The people doing this "hacking" or "cheating" have no idea how much risk there putting there own real life presonal info in. I have read that some of these "hack" programs these people are using are what are known as "Mall ware" and "Trogan Horse" software, really shady stuff. Meaning you want to cheat and use cheat programs, your giving up your IP and allowing someone else to have it and this someone else is anyone's guess. So some of these people will pay a heavy price at the end, just so they can cheat in a game.  Ya see REAL hackers make these 3rd party programs, and cheater use them and put them selves and there privacy in complete risk in the real world. Its like giving a thief the keys to your house and betting he will not rob you.

Its lose lose for everyone involved, it really is.

I really strongly feel that the developers really need to get a handle on this stuff, before this gets more out of control then it all ready is. It can be really bad for DayZ SA if this continues in it current path, from all looks of it its getting worse and worse. So it maybe worth taking some time off from making DaySA and address these threats.

Also it wrecks the game. Its already difficult survival game, were players have to really have to learn and try hard the game to be able to survive. It does get easier over time. The line between your avatar being alive or dead in game is really thin at times. The price of dieing in game is fairly high. So when you got these people running around with all these spyware cheat programs, shooting people and screwing up peoples games it makes it seem not worth even trying. Its also really discouraging for new players as well. It goes against every thing the game is about. Go play another game if you want to do that. 

Edited by CJFlint

Server with ONE guy tonight. Spawn in the military base south of the airfield..and guess what...HE's there..right on top of me. This is #$(#*$ ridiculous..........................

4th time in a little over 2 weeks is enough.

Edited by goldbond

Server with ONE guy tonight. Spawn in the military base south of the airfield..and guess what...HE's there..right on top of me. This is #$(#*$ ridiculous..........................

That could be hopper you know.

Basically servers with 0 or 1-10 players are not empty at all, they have very, VERY, high traffic of server hoppers jumping all over military coumpounds.

So while joining server with 1 person in 5 minutes there can join and log 10 and more server hoppers all over military zones.

The guy that killed you in military zone on low pop server was on 99% server hopper.

• Like 1

I agree with Frosti, that happens a lot with serverhoppers, happened to me, too. Alone on a server, then 2 ppl on the server, then I die at the nwaf tent-town getting shot with sks and m4 at the same time. I checked the player list all the time and they got me in less than a minute after logging in. After five more minutes I was alone on the server again.

Personal opinion: Everyone that logs in military areas deserves death. Of course there are server restarts/crashes, those suck, but logging there is something I hate.

Edited by bautschi

emptied the clip of my SKS into a guys head during a fire fight at NEAF. got got back up, ran into one of the hangars and shot me through the wall. that is the ne and only hacking incident that i have come across in 200+ hours of gameplay...

Hopping is going to happen though, they can only cut down on it with the timer. To me its in the grey area of cheating, when used for the soul reason to shoot another player. With Team Speak and team play its pretty common for players to move around on a lighter server to get right were they want, then log in on the heavy server were there team mates right were they are needed. In fact its pretty routine for clans or teams to do this. 

This does not count as hacking, hacking is something much different 

• Like 2

Would be great if the devs could create/include a Server rating system that would allow people to upvote/downvote servers based on admin behavior/server side hacking. Been in few servers awhile back where you could tell when you killed the admin, as within seconds of the kill the server would lag hard and go down. 

Good idea. But like always there would be people voting servers down for fun if they cant figure any reason.

Best way atm is to gather some evidence and report the server, it should be taken care of.

Not sure if this has been posted before.

The last few days i have been encountering a crap load of fully geared players with thousands of rounds of ammo, its clearly been hacked in.

Can i get banned if i use the gear they have on them when i kill them?

Thanks

No.

No.

Cool, seen at least 6 guys in the last 2 hours with the same gear.

Seriously sucks

Not sure if this has been posted before.

The last few days i have been encountering a crap load of fully geared players with thousands of rounds of ammo, its clearly been hacked in.

Thanks

If they have unlimited mags, do us all a favor and throw that shit away. Or else risk that when you next die people will say "I killed a hacker."

Just encountered a team shooting out of the water at Bere beach. Not sure what happened but these guys were invisible, all be could confirm is that the rounds were coming from the water to the main land.

The last thing battleeye want to do is end hackin, think about it, they fix hacks for good then wheres the future income coming from? There job is to maintain a certain level of hacking to generate a demand for their services, chuck in the occasional fix to show willing, add a round of bans so they can gather a few game keys to sell back on the cheap to the hackers and the cycle continues.

it's a scam.

• Like 2

The last thing battleeye want to do is end hackin, think about it, they fix hacks for good then wheres the future income coming from? There job is to maintain a certain level of hacking to generate a demand for their services, chuck in the occasional fix to show willing, add a round of bans so they can gather a few game keys to sell back on the cheap to the hackers and the cycle continues.

it's a scam.

There are so many things wrong with this I won't even comment on it. But rest assured everything you just said is 100% false.

There are so many things wrong with this I won't even comment on it. But rest assured everything you just said is 100% false.

What the player doesn't understand its that theses sites generate massive incomes..well in the millions of dollars,and i cant see how the anti cheat sited keeps up but they will always be behind,but that's the name of the game..

I mean look at the hype about kernel hacking,that was suppose to be the saviour of the cheat sites...

Like Sable has said before most hacks are from coding exploits in the games codding..most of the time.

What the player doesn't understand its that theses sites generate massive incomes..well in the millions of dollars,and i cant see how the anti cheat sited keeps up but they will always be behind,but that's the name of the game..

I don't know of any popular site that generates a massive income with DayZ hacks these days - correct me if I'm wrong. (No, I won't mention the reason again. ;))

I don't know of any popular site that generates a massive income with DayZ hacks these days - correct me if I'm wrong. (No, I won't mention the reason again. ;))

No i mean all the titles that they have under the whole roof...

Not just DayZ..

There is a couple that make massive money...

But rest assured everything you just said is 100% false.

either you believe that and are shockingly naïve or yer in denial son, tell us, without lying, what happens to confiscated game keys eh? just bear in mind that we all know yer sell em on via 3rd party sites all cheap like.

Arma 2 keys were goin for a fiver a pop back in the days of the mod and the punters were primarily hackers.

No hackin = no bans

no bans = no keys

no keys = no profits

no profits = no business son, ergo it's in yer interests to keep hacking active.

Edited by Beansy™
  • Like 1

either you believe that and are shockingly naïve or yer in denial son, tell us, without lying, what happens to confiscated game keys eh? just bear in mind that we all know yer sell em on via 3rd party sites all cheap like.

Arma 2 keys were goin for a fiver a pop back in the days of the mod and the punters were primarily hackers.

No hackin = no bans

no bans = no keys

no keys = no profits

no profits = no business son, ergo it's in yer interests to keep hacking active.

I see this thread turning into a redpilling eh.

But anyway, how you think it is that subscription based hacks (monthly fee for hack) are always one step ahead of anti-hacks?

Becouse people who makes anti-hacks are very same people that makes hacks.

• Like 1

But anyway, how you think it is that subscription based hacks (monthly fee for hack) are always one step ahead of anti-hacks?

oldest trick in the book, self generating business. Provide a cure for the disease you are propagating. I admire the fuckers I really do.

• Like 1

It's funny you mentioned this. My boss was telling me there was actually a case here in Europe (Netherlands, I believe) where an anti-hacking consultation company also made hacking tools. If I find more information I will post it.

That being said, I don't think BE is doing this because that would be fucking stupid.