RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

any devs or players care to comment on my question? wouldn't you have to have an invisible hack to melee attack like 10 times, or could you melee while stuck in a wall and seem invisible? this was in the apartments. seemed like i was getting hit through the floor because my pants were ruined.

Worked with me, had nice 60 round packs.

well i didnt for me... i got the 60 rounds and dropped the million stack (didnt feel good about it, possibly giving others hacked ammo) but when i looged out and into a different server my 60 mag had millions of rounds in it again.

So yesterday i was playing with my friend, long story short, we were in berezino at the offices. The hackers were on the roof and my friend went to the top floor, he got killed. I picked up his gun and ran 2 floor's below and waited at a room. I litterly saw the hacker clipping to the oppisite building and instantly shoot me.

This aint no glitch, hax.

Y u ruin my game experience.

Who can deny that infinite m4 magazines come from developers themselves? Food for thought....

Ok, let me lay out the situation.

I was perusing the NWAF in complete darkness, save my head torch and portable gas lamp.  I climbed the firestation tower after methodically clearing the bottom and when I reached the top, I see a fully geared player with a Mosin pointed directly at me.  He didn't shoot me so I proceeded to surrender on top of the tower.  He still hadn't shot me.  Hadn't even moved...  After about 30 seconds, I kill him only to hear him on direct chat.  "Whoa, what the f***?! Yo, you invisible? Hacker!"  

I was tempted to message him on steam to apologize for my supposed invisibility but I never heard from him again.  This got me thinking.  I have experienced temporary invisibility when playing with friends on occasion, how many players out there do we NOT see...  If I was truly invisible to him, I wonder how many other hacking accusations are true.  I've seen videos of legitimate hackers but I've NEVER personally seen any in game... 

Could all the complaints of hacking simply be invisible players?

I apologize if this is old news but I haven't seen any threads even remotely concerning this problem...

inb4 alpher  

• Like 2

Merging

Thank you very much.

Try doing some research. There's lots of videos showing actual cheating on YouTube.

Try reading the post before commenting.  I said that I've seen those.

yeah, sadly not much has changed on the cheat protection front. the fact that the sa has such huge success attracted a crowd which unfortunately contained a lot of cheaters as well... 

Ive been reading the forums awhile and it seems that people dont realize what state the game is in atm. Usually there wouldnt be 2 million accounts when the game is still in alpha.

Now that being said, I dont approve cheating anyway but at the moment I think it would be waste of resources.

Its more important to work on the net code and game mechanics (you can exploit the mechanics in so many ways without 'hacking') and only when the game works should they start working on the anticheat mechanics.

• Like 1

I haven't seen it yet, and I've played quite a bit of standalone. So my experience is its definitely less than the mod, where it was seemingly inescapable.

Haha - on the mod it went in waves, and I swear, when a really 'good' week of scripting lunatics came up, the only point in playing was to go on line to watch the fireworks and the madness.. no way you could really play... Ive seen a BIG steamboat stuck inside Cherno church, the sky on fire, a whole town of ruined destroyed buildings, a complete NATO concrete camp spawned where there was just an empty hilltop, including barracks, tents, APCs and heavy trucks full of weapons. Seen maybe 20 - 30 fighter planes nose-diving out of the sky and exploding across the countryside, the road blocked there were so many arms crates scattered on it, duping, immortality, maphacks, people who played openly calling themselves "magicians", players turned into animal shapes, helicopters spawned in with heavy machine guns that fired through walls... name it..  And all that was ALL in the VANILLA DayZ mod.

There would be a whole month or more of only one or two little irritating hacks, then a new wave of crazy gamebreaking stuff, then a month or so fairly calm again... always. Towards the end (intro of SA) the mod started getting seriously cleaned out.. there were only maphacks around the last time I played, but they were just as much a pisser as they always had been. I think everything else including duping had been sorted ( IMO + maybe).

So YES, 'hacking' in DayZ Standalone is NOT anywhere close to the problems that turned up in the mod.

This is the reason they started again in SA, to build the game on an engine that could handle a non-cooperative model, where players were expected to use any advantage against other players. The mod was based on a model that expected everyone on the same side, so there was no point in messing with scripts to gain advantage over your team-buddies. But the mod added to that, was a non-cooperative, competitive game, and lots of people started using scripts for advantage, and then just because they existed and they could (the script kiddies). So SA was targeted to make this impossible. At present it is a LOT better, and as new hacks come up and are made clear, so the devs can focus on how to negate them (this is Reason One for 'alpha' public development, as well as for player input)

But there are several known proved, demonstrated cheat softwares around - as well as lag effects, bugs and glitches. So no one should try to blame everything on either one or the other. Infinite ammo is possible at present (still here I think) but it's not something you might notice easily or prove, unless you can kill the player and know to look at his ammo. And there are various other well-documented things.

I havent "seen" a true hack that I was certain of, that I could PROVE, after good many hours playing, but seen plenty of things that were odd or VERY odd sometimes. . Seen Exploits for sure - If you meet 4 guys all with exactly the same gear - thats odd, right? Do you think they spent the time needed to get 100% matching equipment? And why would they do that when they're going to deathmatch?

This is getting better. Game elements are improving too. IMO

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

[...]

I havent "seen" a true hack that I was certain of, that I could PROVE, after good many hours playing, but seen plenty of things that were odd or VERY odd sometimes. . Seen Exploits for sure - If you meet 4 guys all with exactly the same gear - thats odd, right? Do you think they spent the time needed to get 100% matching equipment? And why would they do that when they're going to deathmatch?

This is getting better. Game elements are improving too. IMO

xx pilgrim

Just enter a 40/40 server, go to Berezino and open your eyes...

People standing in the hills or in houses and you can see when they spawn in their equipment and so on...

those who still think hacking is not rampant in the game are either ignorant or only play on low pop servers and hide in the woods.

Just enter a 40/40 server, go to Berezino and open your eyes...

People standing in the hills or in houses and you can see when they spawn in their equipment and so on...

those who still think hacking is not rampant in the game are either ignorant or only play on low pop servers and hide in the woods.

I'm not convinced that you completely grasped my point:

<<If you meet 4 guys all with exactly the same gear - thats odd, right? Do you think they spent the time needed to get 100% matching equipment? And why would they do that when they're going to deathmatch?>>

now WHERE do you think these 4 guys are going to deathmatch? - well, Berezino of course. But I didn't SEE them "spawn in" that equipment - I assumed they'd duped it.

But Rauchsuger - you see people spawning in equipment, but you don't feel like shooting them, even though you're in Berezino..

that's very relaxed of you.

what do you go there for? not deathmatch?

Does anyone else know how to spawn equipment in a server? I mean "spawn" not "dupe" of course. I'd like to know if its possible and how come its not on youtube yet. Please tell.

thanx

Edited by pilgrim

Everybody knows its around, but it doesnt really matter at this stage.

To give everyone a feeling of what actual rampant scripting is here a picture of the oldern days:

AASNzPc.jpg

Yes - that is about a million battleships on a single server. Then there were the parachuting cows, the Thunderdome, the "kill everyone in the server", the nukes, the "stacked churches" - all of which killed entire servers. Not just in a sense that it had to restart, but in a sense that it actually killed the server, and the database connected to it.

If you see that happening in Standalone you can be mad with BE and Dean, because what was to be prevented in SA wasn't - but I have yet to see actual "rampant" scripting. You will always have the few little things, but the major things are sorted out. Just remember that whenever you may get angry over it "not being resolved" - because most of it is.

• Like 2

i am sorry I did not mean to offend you.

Me calling people ignorant was not aimed at you but at the nay-sayers in the forums who will tell you say have seen no hacking in 200+ hours of dayz.

The point you are making:

When my buddy and I go "looting" we match outfits (friend/foe ident) so we usually do not grab camo since every bandit looks like that.

We end up with grey/blue/black cargo pants and pressvest and maybe riders jackets to match.

- So it is not always duped equipment (but I think very often it is)

All in all at some point we have kitted firearms and are stocked and the outfit is complete - so what is there to do?

We go to Elektro/Berezino and PVP or try to interact (which will result in PVP) and when we die we start over.

The spawning of items is another thing. You can see bambis in Berezino that hide in a house or in the woods and magically a mosin or a backpack appears on the toon.

I happened to come across one yesterday when I was in Berezino for fun - trying to Mike Tyson some gear from snipers.

So I come across that bambi that suddenly spawns in all that equipment. Of course I knocked him out - but he had not spawned in ammo yet :( so I could not shoot him.

Then I was shot by someone else while I was pummeling his unconscious body :D

Later on we saw him again just before the server restarted. So we relogged the server and ran up to where he was before.

Sure enough he comes in again and we were able to witness the "miracle" of gear from thin air again. (this time we killed him)

I don't know how they spawn their gear.

I'm not convinced that you completely grasped my point:

<<If you meet 4 guys all with exactly the same gear - thats odd, right? Do you think they spent the time needed to get 100% matching equipment? And why would they do that when they're going to deathmatch?>>

now WHERE do you think these 4 guys are going to deathmatch? - well, Berezino of course. But I didn't SEE them "spawn in" that equipment - I assumed they'd duped it.

But Rauchsuger - you see people spawning in equipment, but you don't feel like shooting them, even though you're in Berezino..

that's very relaxed of you.

what do you go there for? not deathmatch?

Does anyone else know how to spawn equipment in a server? I mean "spawn" not "dupe" of course. I'd like to know if its possible and how come its not on youtube yet. Please tell.

thanx

Edited by Rauchsauger
  • Like 1

I do think it does not matter if someone will spawn in a million battleships or just spawns in his gear or uses a speedhack for that matter.

it is the same thing: cheating.

To give everyone a feeling of what actual rampant scripting is here a picture of the oldern days:

[...]

Yes - that is about a million battleships on a single server. Then there were the parachuting cows, the Thunderdome, the "kill everyone in the server", the nukes, the "stacked churches" - all of which killed entire servers. Not just in a sense that it had to restart, but in a sense that it actually killed the server, and the database connected to it.

If you see that happening in Standalone you can be mad with BE and Dean, because what was to be prevented in SA wasn't - but I have yet to see actual "rampant" scripting. You will always have the few little things, but the major things are sorted out. Just remember that whenever you may get angry over it "not being resolved" - because most of it is.

After 300 hours i find my first cheater ... we was a group of four moving in the wood between nord est airfield and svetlo ... he aproached us fast like he is running but with the weapon in hand and killed us with a shotgun that fired like an M4 -.-
After my respawn between ship and north berezino i try to run to the body again the player intercepted me near Helicopter he move at insensate speed with the weapon in hand ... 

I do think it does not matter if someone will spawn in a million battleships or just spawns in his gear or uses a speedhack for that matter.

it is the same thing: cheating.

Of course it still is, but you can't deny that there are efforts being made and that it has changed since the mod - which people always tend to claim hasn't changed.

• Like 2

Of course it still is, but you can't deny that there are efforts being made and that it has changed since the mod - which people always tend to claim hasn't changed.

This.  People will also claim hacks even if they are killed legitimately.  

Hi,

I just wanted to mention that it seems like hacking is getting more of a problem.... 

I love this game and I know it's early access alpha and things are going to be fixed. But the growing amount of hackers just frustrates me....

The last two weeks I saw about 10 hackers O.o with all kinds of hacks .... Speedhacks, unlimited magazines and today we encountered a french 4 men crew with 2 Snipers equipped with automatic Mosins  :huh:

They camped on a crane in berezino harbour and killed every moving thing that went past them.... fortunatley they were total noobs XD and I managed to kill at the minimum one of them and wounded two more. First time we managed to kill some of these hacking idiots....

But getting shot at with a automatic mosin at about 750m is just ridicoulus  :|

I hope this will get fixed as soon as possible 

But am I the only one that suffers from that many hackers the last weeks ?

And why the fuck do people hack on this game O.o got no balls ? 

MfG Dr. King Schultz

i went back onto a full server and within 1-5 minutes hackers appeared and sprayed me down and tped from the road to the woods and i was trying to record for something :(

There are hackers for sure.... can't tell you how many low pop servers I've been on with like one other person in it and they always seem to be where I am. There is less than a 5% chance of running into someone when there is only two people on the server but they are always where I am. The odds of that are almost impossible.

There are hackers for sure.... can't tell you how many low pop servers I've been on with like one other person in it and they always seem to be where I am. There is less than a 5% chance of running into someone when there is only two people on the server but they are always where I am. The odds of that are almost impossible.

do you tend to be near NEAF or berezino?

also, on low-pop servers people like to do loot-runs, so vybor, zeleno and balota as well as NWAF milbases are sure to have visitors, especially on low-pop servers

i myself only have encountered two hackers so far, and a lot of exploiters (ammo bug, wall glitches etc.)

the hackers were a flying guy headshotting everyone and teleporting all over the map

and th other had unlimited health, chasing me with an axe while eating 60 M4 bullets to chest and head