rocket

Servers with connection issues to central hive

yeah,, suffered a couple major character wipes over the last day..bit of a pain, but no biggy considering it is the alpha :)  ... just hate when your sitting pretty and POOOF!! all gone haha, but that has always been Dayz for you, weather in your hands or out of your hands ... keep up the good work ROcket and co

All gameserver servers are not connecting to hive. Vilayer servers seem to be ok. But even then, the rubber banding is back

yeah,, suffered a couple major character wipes over the last day..bit of a pain, but no biggy considering it is the alpha :)  ... just hate when your sitting pretty and POOOF!! all gone haha, but that has always been Dayz for you, weather in your hands or out of your hands ... keep up the good work ROcket and co

You didn't get a character wiped, you simply have the same issue as everyone else. Certain servers are not connecting to the hive therefore they don't save your character. For now going on a vilayer server seems to be the best bet

No Vilayer has it as well, my rented server 93.190.140.136:2502 has the same problem, and my other server 5.79.78.96:2402 has the exact same problem, and they are both Vilayer rented ones.

Edited by Stylesz_Live

so basically at the moment it is no point in connecting to any server?

if im not mistaken the maintenance has been going for almost 30 minutes. so at the moment we cant play

I cant even read anything about maintenance :)

edit: well twitter clearly states it .. I see. No wonder nothing works for me right now

Edited by dayz1338

It's now happening on our clan server, which is a Vilayer server.. 

24/7 Day =Evil Dead= MIAClan - Hosted By Vilayer.com Regular

23.250.11.130:2302

Was going good all day without issues, then it hit.  

yes vilayer servers are now fooked as well.

Multiplay servers are supposed to be official, yet filtering for multiplay with no ping limit yields no results.

Edited by Irenicus

Tomorrow at 10am GMT the Hive Database will be undergoing maintenance for roughly two hours. Sorry for the inconvenience.

<_<

Cmon guys, how can you even be angry, because they are trying to fix the issue?

Take some days off from the game, live your life, go try "The Outernet"!!!!!!!

I promise you its awsome :D

• Like 2

I rent an fragnet server and it was working good both last night and this morning with saving as it should.

Then i went in to change the game time clock for when restarts and changed to hardcore.

Logged in and i got rubberbanding and the save function did not work on either the normal or hardcore.

Can it be something of the things i mentioned above or is it the maintenance?

I thought the servers were taken down during maint.

Tomorrow is a bit late. Friday night here in Australia. That's the weekend pretty much out the window.

This has been posted via Twitter, yesterday. Which means that the maintenance is currently taking place (10am GMT) and will be finished in 2 hours. (Hopefully) 

"The Outernet"!!!!!!!

Haha, let's play real life 2.0 :D

I rent an fragnet server and it was working good both last night and this morning with saving as it should.

Then i went in to change the game time clock for when restarts and changed to hardcore.

Logged in and i got rubberbanding and the save function did not work on either the normal or hardcore.

Can it be something of the things i mentioned above or is it the maintenance?

I thought the servers were taken down during maint.

From what I've read, devs are trying to patch or fix the hive. So this means currently no hives available and therefore all server have problems with character wipe. 

In other words....no hive = no character saving/loading

• Like 1

Wow... so many servers... and so much derping around.

I´ve been hosting ARMA2 servers for quite a while now and I´m deeply saddend, that private people are not allowed to host public hive servers. We have a beastly machine here, waiting for some shitload of work and it almost idles with serveral Dayz Mods and Contagion instances.

I know, Rocket, you may not be reading this and if you read this, you´d be switchting to ignore mode...

there is no rocket (ha!) science behind this server stuff... so

PLEASE, let us put up public hives on dedicated servers. Please.

I contacted BI about this matter, asking for the reasoning behind this move, unsuprisingly no answer...

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Dean.

Our server isn't listed in the problematic servers, and it's confirmed to be broken. (Player save loss etc..)

IP: 173.199.110.216

If it could be added that would be great.

You can also test the server to confirm player loss. Search for the name "Modern Vikings" it should pop up.

Thanks,

MrAmos123

Why dont you add a failsafe to prevent lost servers from overwriting characters? I wrote this in a topic:

Here is a fix I would like to propose to fix characters getting reset every time there is maintenance or someone in rocket HQ trips over a cable.

I might be talking out of my tush here, here is what I think is happening:

1. Player connects.

2. Server asks main database for player information

-If the player data is retrieved, game server takes that and loads the player and his gear

-If the player is dead he will spawn as a new player

(now this is where the problem happens I think)

-If the server fails to get data from the database it simply defaults to assuming the player is new and spawns him as new. Then the server keeps saving the player data periodically and sending that stuff to the main database, effectively ruining some players day because his shit got reset.

So it looks like a failure to get data from hive/HQ/database. The game should have a failsafe so that when the hive cant be reached, it should drop the connection/show an error instead of simply overwriting the player with a blank new spawn status.

Wow... so many servers... and so much derping around.

I´ve been hosting ARMA2 servers for quite a while now and I´m deeply saddend, that private people are not allowed to host public hive servers. We have a beastly machine here, waiting for some shitload of work and it almost idles with serveral Dayz Mods and Contagion instances.

I know, Rocket, you may not be reading this and if you read this, you´d be switchting to ignore mode...

there is no rocket (ha!) science behind this server stuff... so

PLEASE, let us put up public hives on dedicated servers. Please.

I contacted BI about this matter, asking for the reasoning behind this move, unsuprisingly no answer...

Look, honestly, I'm getting a little sick and a bit angry around attitudes like yours. We've just spent a very difficult few weeks working on exactly what you are asking for. The issues we are having with the hive are because we are introducing systems that will allow us to do this. For goodness sake, get off your soap box for just a minute and you will look and see that me and the entire team have been working late nights and exposing ourselves to a great deal of difficulty and tough work - just so you can do what you want eventually.

You say there is no "rocket science" behind all this, then I challenge you to go out and actually do it. Because we are. And because most of the companies who have released games with complex server architecture have had disastrous releases, with far more money and experience than we have.

I'm not switching on "ignore mode", I'm switching on "angry parent telling a child to grow up mode".

• Like 28

Why dont you add a failsafe to prevent lost servers from overwriting characters? I wrote this in a topic:

This is already in progress and has been for some time.

Either we continue with the current system and wait for it to be finished, or we stop the whole game and hosting until it's finished. We opted to keep going with the current state until the work is finished.

• Like 8

keep up the good work rocket and dev team. you guys got nerves of steel to deal with the community. just figured you guys and gals could use a kudos you deserve it.