rocket

Servers with connection issues to central hive

Ello Rocket my roomie and I use the same computer and have separate steam accounts yet when I log onto mine it shows his character and name and vise versa any enlightenment on this?

To add on to this, my name in DayZ as well as other peoples' names have now changed to their PC's name rather than their Steam name. And I cannot change my character's name and don't want to mess around in the .cfg files for fear of losing my current char. But i suspect that I can't change the name because I've done some tweaking around to boost FPS.

These servers seem to have the issue:

To add on to this, my name in DayZ as well as other peoples' names have now changed to their PC's name rather than their Steam name. And I cannot change my character's name and don't want to mess around in the .cfg files for fear of losing my current char. But i suspect that I can't change the name because I've done some tweaking around to boost FPS.

Just because Rocket makes a topic doesn't mean it's free-for-all question time. This issue is already discussed you can now name / rename your character by clicking in the main menu and typing up to twelve characters. 

• Like 3

Servers can be set to work on a shard (a "walled garden" of the main database). This means that the server, in effect, is running on a separate hive (database) - even though that hive exists in the same database as all the others. It allows us to "support" private hives without the difficulty associated with running multiple databases. Currently we are running two shards, regular and hardcore. If the server hoster incorrectly configure their server, it will screw up and create it's own shard. Most of the servers in this list, however, have OS problems that are causing interruptions to HTTPS communication with the central server : thus they are not correctly saving/loading.

Can we have those shards/walled garden anytime soon? When i could have a own shard for my server ghosting and item farming would be fixed for now on this server.

• Like 2

Hi, are you able to confirm that if I wait however long I will get the character back from the eve before the patch? as at the moment I have a character from around a week ago, has me loading this "old" character now cause it to be my current one, or will I login again in the distant future an see my character from the other night, is this what is ment by your phrase "Roll up" of servers in a tweet from you, the answer to this will help many.

Thx for your time, great game btw

Please bring back the former system and family sharing.

I also cannot use steam-family-sharing anymore which I used to play on different PCs without having to relog into steam everytime.

The Steam thingy is really a nice thing and worked so good and had no problems for changing users on different PCs!

A lot of good games use the steam ID and API and yet noone complained. It's just great and I don't see disadvantages.

Streamer who complain have ways to hide themselves!   The problem here is not the ID but when they show the player list or any text chat in their streams or use the same names. 

Thanks Dean, I have been having problems with servers in which you spawn as a fresh spawn. When I first played the game after the patch, I thought that there was a character wipe.

the reason hundreds of people complained but noone told you which server it is because until now we didn't know it was a host related issue, we assumed the patch broke stuff.

I am getting frustrated many servers I joined were affected (as I said didn't take note whic since did not know it was a server issue), taking a short break from the game until this is fixed

Can we have those shards/walled garden anytime soon? When i could have a own shard for my server ghosting and item farming would be fixed for now on this server.

Its already there, thats why we have regular/hardcore servers now.

You will ge private server in due time mate, but the public's need to work first tbh :)

As far as i know, theres no date for private server support yet.

Name change when your on start screen and it displays your name on bottom right hand corner just click on it and you can change name 

Its already there, thats why we have regular/hardcore servers now.

You will ge private server in due time mate, but the public's need to work first tbh :)

As far as i know, theres no date for private server support yet.

I thought that the ability to run a private server is already there (meaning today) but that providers need to get the work done on their end to let us have the option to switch to it. I think i'm getting confused here... I think mainly because Vilayer is calling the "hardcore" option 1PP and normal as 3PP. I'm guessing they may need to change their terminology on that setting? 

Here is another server with connection issues:

Edited by P210

Is there some official statement or something like this about losing characters? I don´t want to be b*tching around, but you could say, that we will lose our characters after update...I spent hours equiping mine just 2 days before update with no idea that I will just loose it...and I think that it is not just my problem, that there is more players like me. I know that this is alpha, but losing character for no reson is just huge I think.

• Like 3

my name in DayZ as well as other peoples' names have now changed to their PC's name rather than their Steam name.

When in the menu, klick on your name in the right bottom corner.

there you can edit your name

Edited by irishroy

I thought that the ability to run a private server is already there (meaning today) but that providers need to get the work done on their end to let us have the option to switch to it. I think i'm getting confused here... I think mainly because Vilayer is calling the "hardcore" option 1PP and normal as 3PP. I'm guessing they may need to change their terminology on that setting? 

No no, not as far as i understand.

The update, which had this impact on the saving/loading of chars, was to create "shards" inside the DB, so it can handle regular and hardcore servers, inside the same DB, but different "branches".

There was no mention of private servers, what so ever, at least not yet :)

Basicly, again as i understand it, the main issue here isnt actually the patch or the servers or the DB, but some configuration of the OS (most likely windows server) from which the servers are running, so instead of either connecting to the regular or hardcore "DB Shard" it simply doesnt connect, and thats why you cant save progress on some server atm :)

EDIT:

But Vilayer are correct in they're terminology, the only difference, at the moment, between Regular and Hardcore, is the 1st/3rd persoon view options :)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 2

Is there some official statement or something like this about losing characters? I don´t want to be b*tching around, but you could say, that we will lose our characters after update...I spent hours equiping mine just 2 days before update with no idea that I will just loose it...and I think that it is not just my problem, that there is more players like me. I know that this is alpha, but losing character for no reson is just huge I think.

That is like saying getting shot and killed in dayz is unfair, bad stuff happens all the time and we should be prepared for things like this. Its not like we're building bases that are dissapearing

• Like 1

173.199.104.234:2302

This server is also having issue. I do not know the actual owner name as of yet. I only know one of the admins but I have let him know of the issue, not that I've any idea how to fix it.

Mate, no offense, but you are writing in the official statement thread :D

This thread is the statement, this is the reason why it wont save progression on some servers atm :)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 5

No no, not as far as i understand.

The update, which had this impact on the saving/loading of chars, was to create "shards" inside the DB, so it can handle regular and hardcore servers, inside the same DB, but different "branches".

There was no mention of private servers, what so ever, at least not yet :)

Basicly, again as i understand it, the main issue here isnt actually the patch or the servers or the DB, but some configuration of the OS (most likely windows server) from which the servers are running, so instead of either connecting to the regular or hardcore "DB Shard" it simply doesnt connect, and thats why you cant save progress on some server atm :)

EDIT:

But Vilayer are correct in they're terminology, the only difference, at the moment, between Regular and Hardcore, is the 1st/3rd persoon view options :)

Ahah! Thank you for clearing that up for me :) Have my beans, good sir!

That is like saying getting shot and killed in dayz is unfair, bad stuff happens all the time and we should be prepared for things like this. Its not like we're building bases that are dissapearing

I think that it is definitely not the same. If I die because someone shoot me It is my fault and it is nature of the game...

Mate, no offense, but you are writing in the official statement thread :D

This thread is the statement, this is the reason why it wont save progression on some servers atm :)

Yes but from what I am experiencing at the moment my character just vanished...it is not loading on any working server, not only on listed servers. And from what I know I am not alone. So I would like to read somewhere if those people with the same problem as me are f*cked up and need to start with new character or developers are trying to fix that. 

Edited by Johnanek
  • Like 1

I think that it is definitely not the same. If I die because someone shoot me It is my fault and it is nature of the game...

Yes but from what I am experiencing at the moment my character just vanished...it is not loading on any working server, not only on listed servers. And from what I know I am not alone. So I would like to read somewhere if those people with the same problem as me are f*cked up and need to start with new character or developers are trying to fix that. 

You need to read this thread from the beginning... it answers your question completely.

Not a clue.

EDIT: I wasn't asking for more and more and more - merely a thought to make it easier for the playerbase.

Feel lucky Hall took the time to post the servers that aren't working. Hall did that to make the experience easier---for you. But its not enough and now you want it even easier as it doesn't suit your taste. The guy went out of his way to help people having issues and asking for more is absolutely rude.

• Like 1

I realize a list of IP's is not friendly or easy. The only way for us to provide more info would be to manually check it ourselves and write it down, the same as you would. We are currently auditing over 2000 servers, so the time is spent checking those and not logging a great amount of details. Internally we had a list of IP's that would then be screened, I simply grabbed that list and made it public to help people. The option was either to not publish the list, or publish it.

• Like 14

Feel lucky Hall took the time to post the servers that aren't working. Hall did that to make the experience easier---for you. But its not enough and now you want it even easier as it doesn't suit your taste. The guy went out of his way to help people having issues and asking for more is absolutely rude.

Did you even read what I put in the spoilers?