rocket

Servers with connection issues to central hive

He's saying don't be a bum?

I'd think it would be better to help out the team if we can. I mean this is kind of the point of alpha anyway, righto?

I paid for pre-alpha release, that's gotta be help enough. I could take the occasional server problems, disconnects, lag issues, but loosing my goddamn character and all items every half hour is at the top of the annoying list. Clearly they screwed up communicating the new server/hive set up details to the various server hosts. They need to get their act together and get the job done right, not blame the client/user.

Question that needs to be answered is ETA for when the servers are going to stop loosing player shit??  

Thanks for the info and all the responses. Was great playing the patch yesterday, despite these issues. We figured it had something to do with the expanded sub hive support, glad to hear that it will be "fixed" soon (providing server hosters get on their game :) )

Sinexxy !!!!!     pub/reg, ver. 114557, 173.199.93.147:2302

See an awful lot of servers in rockets list in the 173.199.x.x range...gameservers seems to be notorious about dragging their feet fixing/updating game issues regardless of game. Maybe we should all just avoid servers hosted by gameservers til they get their shit together.

Edited by Real Meatshield

I paid for pre-alpha release, that's gotta be help enough. I could take the occasional server problems, disconnects, lag issues, but loosing my goddamn character and all items every half hour is at the top of the annoying list. Clearly they screwed up communicating the new server/hive set up details to the various server hosts. They need to get their act together and get the job done right, not blame the client/user.

Question that needs to be answered is ETA for when the servers are going to stop loosing player shit??  

So to let me clarify - Because you paid for early access it gives you unlimited rights to bitch and moan because it doesn't work for you? 

On an unrelated note, it seems like a few more servers are a little less character-wipe-y. Good work on the damage control guys! I for one don't mind. I die that frequently that I'm used to being a freshspawn xD

We provide the central server architecture, which approved server hosters are allowed to access and provide servers. The servers that are paid for by Bohemia (Multiplay Servers) are all working correctly, and we ensure this as we have direct access to them. If you are particularly disappointed with any server provider, I'd recommend you contact them directly. Certainly, we've identified server ranges and we've notified the providers. In nearly all cases remaining, the reason for the servers not saving has nothing to do with DayZ, for some unknown reason the servers are not talking directly to the central server app.

• Like 10

i gave bean hall all my beans to help him sorting out this issue... hope it halpz

We provide the central server architecture, which approved server hosters are allowed to access and provide servers. The servers that are paid for by Bohemia (Multiplay Servers) are all working correctly, and we ensure this as we have direct access to them. If you are particularly disappointed with any server provider, I'd recommend you contact them directly. Certainly, we've identified server ranges and we've notified the providers. In nearly all cases remaining, the reason for the servers not saving has nothing to do with DayZ, for some unknown reason the servers are not talking directly to the central server app.

sry for asking a newb question, but how can i filter for bohemia servers? i only find gameservers.net, fragnet.net, mpgs.com and suchlike...

Before I sound like a dick: Thank you for publishing this information so quickly.

However - would it be possible to have a list of servers that are known to be working instead of the ones that aren't?

That way we can directly connect to the servers that are working and get going instead of having to doublecheck the IP every time before joining. :)

there are way too many servers to list here, i think he did right thing to list the ones you cant join.

Is there any chance to get old character back after servers can connect to central hive normally?

Edited by JJ92
  • Like 1

This is what i'm waiting to hear, as I started the game and its a character from a week ago, has this now overwritten my "which was" current pre patch character

what does this mean? that the servers that aren't connected have gear and the servers that can connect are totally newspawns? Which of the following things does it mean? 

The only server i can connect to...make a change (move items around in inventory, run 20m and save) that will save my character is a GAMESERVER hosted server.  I also have my toon from a few days ago that is geared on a gameserver hosted server.  I have yet to log onto any other server and have it save my character upon exiting.  ANytime I log on as a new spawn I NEVER save, ever.  In my experience, that list on the first post needs to be about 100000 times longer cos this whole server thing is absolutely FUBAR for me right now.

Edited by Dorner

This means that the hosted servers that are having connection issues to the central hive aren't loading or saving character info which is why you start as a new spawn and when you log off a server that is having issues nothing saves.  You just need to try different servers until you find one that is working properly and you're previous character will load just fine and of course will also save when you log out. 

• Like 1

Several 

Finally found a shotgun! Now to get some ammo and a hacksaw

This is not the place to post that. 

Relevant: It seems that several of the hosting companies are claiming that it is in fact an issue on BIS's end. Just curious if anyone has gotten an email in response to reporting server problems. They are similar to this: 

• Like 1

Several 

This is not the place to post that. 

Relevant: It seems that several of the hosting companies are claiming that it is in fact an issue on BIS's end. Just curious if anyone has gotten an email in response to reporting server problems. They are similar to this: 

We are working with the DayZ development group on the issue you are experiencing. Currently, it looks like it is something that will need to be fixed on the DayZ authentication servers.

This is not affecting all servers, but a subset of our servers, so many are indeed working.

Once we have confirmed the fix has been implemented, we will reply here and update you.

Thanks,

I read on reddit that a couple of people got the same email, from gameservers

So is someone lying? And why isn't this fixed yet I logged into two random servers today and had same issue!

Servers can be set to work on a shard (a "walled garden" of the main database). This means that the server, in effect, is running on a separate hive (database) - even though that hive exists in the same database as all the others. It allows us to "support" private hives without the difficulty associated with running multiple databases. Currently we are running two shards, regular and hardcore. If the server hoster incorrectly configure their server, it will screw up and create it's own shard. Most of the servers in this list, however, have OS problems that are causing interruptions to HTTPS communication with the central server : thus they are not correctly saving/loading.

This level of detail is perfect. Summoning the patience to enumerate the issue is so valuable. Thanks for sharing this. 

• Like 2

our clan server also is not saving characters items etc.. here is ip 173.199.108.14:2302

it is hosted with gameservers dot com

they are saying this "Unfortunately, there appears to be an issue with the DayZ backend servers. They are not allowing some of our machines to connect to the hive, which is causing the issues you are describing. We're currently awaiting an update from the developers on this."Unfortunately, there appears to be an issue with the DayZ backend servers. They are not allowing some of our machines to connect to the hive, which is causing the issues you are describing. We're currently awaiting an update from the developers on this. source from gs admin http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=50718 [173.199.108.14:2302 

Edited by pgmoney

Its been a BIS issue from the start.  I see people who claim gameservers hosted servers are not working.  Yet for me, gameservers servers are the only ones that WILL save my shit lol.

Edited by Dorner