rocket

Servers with connection issues to central hive

Several 

This is not the place to post that. 

Relevant: It seems that several of the hosting companies are claiming that it is in fact an issue on BIS's end. Just curious if anyone has gotten an email in response to reporting server problems. They are similar to this: 

Seems to be the gameservers.com standard response to the problem. Didn't get any further informatione etc....

I think i'm going to try and move the server to a another location via the control panel....

where is Dean, my server host told me this is an issue with BIS where they will not allow certain servers to connect no matter what. They claim they have same config for all servers running dayz yet some can and some can't as if they need to be on a whitelist in order to be able to connect to hive.

Our server 8.6.15.61:2302 seems to be off the hive as well. I tried doing a full server wipe and reinstallation and it didn't fix the issue, so the whole "config file" thing is a load of bs that people have been spewing. 

It's either that HTTPS issue that you guys have been stating, or its an issue with servers that got remove/haven't been properly whitelisted. 

Either way, its extremely annoying as a server owner to have your host point at The Dev Team, and you guys point at the server hosting company with no real answers.

Thanks for the update Rocket, and I'm glad to see you guys are on top of it.

Edited by Bad Monkey

Same issue here, disconnecting or restarting the server, everything is lost

Could it be due to an enforced naming convention ?

Could it be we need to be white listed for the hive we want to join ? (Hardcore in my case)

Ok so somethings up.

1) Servers not connecting to hive

2) Dean says its the hosters fault

3) Hosters say its deans fault

4) Dayzdevteam says on twitter: Tomorrow at 10am GMT the Hive Database will be undergoing maintenance for roughly two hours. Sorry for the inconvenience.

GO FIGURE ?!?!

I dont mind it not working correctly

i dont mind my character may be deleted

I mind blamegames

Edited by epocx
  • Like 2

Keep up the great work rocket! Loving the new update!

For people who seem to have lsot there character, check on other servers (hardcore, normal,etc..) and if its still not one of those

Thanks for the quick asnwer rocket..

I do have a question, Is it suppose that my Regular Character appears also in Hardcore servers?

Cause I though Regular and Harcore servers have different database..

Ok so somethings up.

1) Servers not connecting to hive

2) Dean says its the hosters fault

3) Hosters say its deans fault

4) Dayzdevteam says on twitter: Tomorrow at 10am GMT the Hive Database will be undergoing maintenance for roughly two hours. Sorry for the inconvenience.

GO FIGURE ?!?!

I dont mind it not working correctly

i dont mind my character may be deleted

I mind blamegames

No one cares what you mind and don't mind, just sit back and watch it unfold. 

Glad to get some info on this; I was freaked out for a bit there last night.

I didn't check thoroughly but last night it sure seemed like it was exclusively the hardcore servers not connecting. Either way, that's probably a clue since it does appear the hardcore servers are mostly affected.

Can we get confirmation that everyone's chars are indeed alive and reside solely on the "normal" db? I'm fairly sure this is the case.

Glad to get some info on this; I was freaked out for a bit there last night.

I didn't check thoroughly but last night it sure seemed like it was exclusively the hardcore servers not connecting. Either way, that's probably a clue since it does appear the hardcore servers are mostly affected.

Can we get confirmation that everyone's chars are indeed alive and reside solely on the "normal" db? I'm fairly sure this is the case.

My original character was not deleted so i guess yours is also saved somewhere..

My original character was not deleted so i guess yours is also saved somewhere..

Yeah, I found mine as well. More anecdotal evidence. Do you know which server hive you found you character?

i should refrase then. noone likes blame games.

I hate when people who have never done software development in their lives try and butt in with their opinions. Do you know how to track down a software bug because if you don't then just be quiet. When Rocket said he thinks there is an issue with a hosting company and he then provided some reasons for his thinking which may have now turned out to be false he was NOT blaming them. When the hosting company says that they've been able to have some servers connect but not others and all have the same configuration, they are now providing some more detailed info into what they think is the problem. No one is blaming anyone so just stop.

Edited by ChronoTree
  • Like 2

this may be a dumb question but how do you know i either spawn in as a fresh spawn or as a character i had like a week ago

this may be a dumb question but how do you know i either spawn in as a fresh spawn or as a character i had like a week ago

Unless you are ok with the game not saving your progress, its best to just wait for the fix

So I generally get on around 7-11:30 PM EST and I've noticed the only servers with decent pop and in the daytime are the ones that have the character respawn issue.   This has been the worst bug I've come across yet, as it makes the game almost unplayable due to the server restarts.

Servers that are in the night time still have my old character but are in low pop and I just simply don't want to play on the night server.

It seems sort of strange that the new build servers that are have a prime daylight time are the ones who are bugged?  I find it hard to believe the issue lies with the server itself and not in the code.

I paid for pre-alpha release, that's gotta be help enough. I could take the occasional server problems, disconnects, lag issues, but loosing my goddamn character and all items every half hour is at the top of the annoying list. Clearly they screwed up communicating the new server/hive set up details to the various server hosts. They need to get their act together and get the job done right, not blame the client/user.

Question that needs to be answered is ETA for when the servers are going to stop loosing player shit??  

in a year when the game is in beta

• Like 2

So, as a resolution to the issue, it seems like the server maintenance at... 11 am GMT?... will correct the issue (i hope).

I get that some are bugged, but I've been trying server after  server, adding my battery to my flashlight moving a little bit, exiting, and rejoining just to fresh spawn on even the same server. The only alteration to this is that upon joining one server, my original DayZ character (he had the two cans of beans i was coveting) was revived... which is strange cause I got killed on that character for those two cans of beans...

I'm just hoping my issue here is related to the server problems lol.

Before I sound like a dick: Thank you for publishing this information so quickly.

However - would it be possible to have a list of servers that are known to be working instead of the ones that aren't?

That way we can directly connect to the servers that are working and get going instead of having to doublecheck the IP every time before joining. :)

Don't be silly. There are thousands of servers!

Raccooncitygaming.com 24/7 Day (Public/3PP:ON) Regular 114557

173.199.90.111  Rented from gameservers.com in Chicago

I own (rent) this server if any more info is needed. Also noticed that most of those ip's belong to gameservers.com.

Edited by RC_Robio