Liquid Man

Why some people even do play DayZ ?

I wasn't aware that DayZ and GTA: SA were even RPG's.

Yeah, you can roleplay, of course you can. But the premise of any good RPG is a stringent rule set - from tabletops like D & D to the decent cRPG's/MMORPG's you are always still confined to a set of rules. DayZ has no such ruleset, which imo is the absolute charm of the game. Total freedom, no rules.

There is so much KoS now because there is literally fuck all else to do in DayZ yet. I don't KoS but I will actually hunt PVP action in standalone because it's a boring game otherwise, Zombies are no challenge and the environment is no challenge. I like a challenge. When there's more stuff to do, it will improve. I hope.

Edited by Nocturnal
  • Like 2

i like to RP myself right now its damn near impossible though. i suggest you find a group of like minded folks as yourself and you might have a better time. and i'm sure once private hives come about RP servers will surface. private servers if you can find a real good on are a good way to get rid of the D-bags that swim the waters of public servers. and my god there are a lot of them. like an army of mutants whose brains haven't evolved to the point of morals or common sense. good luck and just be patient the game will change even though they say it won't with each update the game will evolve.with new features more zeds play styles will change to fit accordingly. as everyone says its alpha and everyone has had a itchy trigger finger since SA was announced let's just hope those fingers get a cramp.

• Like 1

I wasn't aware that DayZ and GTA: SA were even RPG's.

Yeah, you can roleplay, of course you can. But the premise of any good RPG is a stringent rule set - from tabletops like D & D to the decent cRPG's/MMORPG's you are always still confined to a set of rules. DayZ has no such ruleset, which imo is the absolute charm of the game. Total freedom, no rules.

There is so much KoS now because there is literally fuck all else to do in DayZ yet. I don't KoS but I will actually hunt PVP action in standalone because it's a boring game otherwise, Zombies are no challenge and the environment is no challenge. I like a challenge. When there's more stuff to do, it will improve. I hope.

I am pretty sure, that when they add more stuff and mechanics, more zombies, body temerature where you will have to make a campfire at night to don't die from the cold and still risk because someone will easily spot where you are, so you will have to better find a good place till the night comes. Also things like better melee combat and much more.. I have really big hopes :)

i like to RP myself right now its damn near impossible though. i suggest you find a group of like minded folks as yourself and you might have a better time. and i'm sure once private hives come about RP servers will surface. private servers if you can find a real good on are a good way to get rid of the D-bags that swim the waters of public servers. and my god there are a lot of them. like an army of mutants whose brains haven't evolved to the point of morals or common sense. good luck and just be patient the game will change even though they say it won't with each update the game will evolve.with new features more zeds play styles will change to fit accordingly. as everyone says its alpha and everyone has had a itchy trigger finger since SA was announced let's just hope those fingers get a cramp.

Indeed. Once again, I have nothing more to add. You just know the pain, when you want to do something more creative or you just simply expect some creativity from other players.

Just love this part: ''a good way to get rid of the D-bags that swim the waters of public servers. and my god there are a lot of them. like an army of mutants whose brains haven't evolved to the point of morals or common sense.'' When I read this, I just felt connection between us :P

Good Luck to you as well :)

• Like 1

DayZ can be frustrating. You can roleplay, to an extent. Just remember that you are roleplaying in an apocalypse. People kill eachother because they think if they shoot first then they survive, they kill for food, ammo and other supplies. Some kill because in game terms, they are psychopaths. Mad, violent people turned savage by the apocalypse. Some of them are actually just shitty people who want to see you suffer, in game and in real life. That is a part of the atmosphere too.

You want the roleplaying to be civil, but civilization is over.

I assure you, that if you keep playing you will learn how to die less often. You will start to learn who is trying to trick you. You will learn to stay hidden and avoid people you don't know you can trust. And sometimes you really will get the experience you want. I have helped people out with gear and weapons and I have handcuffed them at gunpoint and taken their can-openers for myself. I have seen people like you running out in the open from the forest, and chosen not to shoot because I don't want or need to ruin that guy's day.

Those guys who asked you about a soccer team. You wanted to know why they had to ask you at gunpoint. They might have been "bullying" you, but they also were protecting themselves. You could have had a hidden gun and shot one of them before they killed you. Everyone is paranoid... or crazy. It's all a part of the experience.

But here, watch this video. It might make you feel a bit better.

No sane human would shoot another human just for some food,especially in the apocalypse and if he is willing to share. I also doubt there has been one kill for supplies since the SA was released. For weapons? Of course. Gear in general? The lazy way,but it happens. In self defence? A lot. But most of the killing is for the lulz.

I appreciate your sentiments. I have spent many a moment sighing upon seeing the 'You Are Dead' screen and wishing that people would give interaction a chance before shooting me. But then I realise that much as we would all like this game to be an accurate simulation it is still just a game and something that people do for entertainment. Some people just find it entertaining to kill you, even if you have nothing. Some people do it just cause they have a gun and want to shoot stuff because that is what they find entertaining, others kill you specifically to cause grief because that entertains them. 

Just as in life, we cannot control our circumstances in such a way that all of our experiences are exactly tuned in a way that pleases ourselves and nobody else. We just need to learn to accept what happens to us. To want other players in DayZ to not shoot you is like wanting everyone you meet in the street to give you money. It won't happen. To want the game changed so that people are forced not to shoot you is like petitioning the government to pass a law that forces everyone to give you money. Really you just need to accept that not everyone wants to give you money and its useless to expect it.

Other players do not need to change how they wish to entertain themselves, you need to change your response to them. That's all you can and ever will be able to change. It's that or you stop playing the game because it does not entertain you.

• Like 2

I have to agree with OP on this one.. I'm trying to RP a 'Friendly bandit' kind of character myself. But, it comes to my mind that instead of trying to rob people, by taking only 1-2 things from them, and letting them go, it's easier to just shoot them on sight, cuz...

1. Some of them are crazy! I've met a survivor few days ago, who attacked me (Me - full military-geared, with  fully-modded M4A1, and baddass kamo bandana and rocket aviators) with an axe! I was in about 10m from him, and he, shouting "MAN! DON'T SHOOT! PLEASE MAN!!!11" started running toward me and attacking.. And here I wanted just to RP a robbery D:

2. Some of them will KOS, without any word or anything, just attack everything that moves.

3. Some of them, which pisses me off most of all, will just log out. The moment they see you poiting gun at their face/back, telling them not to move, and if they will act fine, they'll be free and with their gear in no-time, they just LOG OUT! That breaks all the damn atempt of any RP. It's much more worser then inadequate reaction of 2 above. Or even better, you handcuff them, and BAM, they log out. They're dead because of it, but you, the bandit, doesn't get any loot, lose your handcuffs, AND the very core of RP is ruined.

So it's easier to KOS, RP-ing some crazy murdurer who doesn't care that more then 80% of population on the Earth is dead, and half of the survivors aren't exactly 'alive' anymore. Much more easier to just kill on sight, and ask questions later, from the dead body.

P.S. despite this fact, I've had very dicent RP-acting situations. Involving helping survivors, robbing survivors, joining with others and 'raiding' towns, etc... I really hope that one day I'll manage to find myself a RP-based server, with 64+ slots, and be able to RP, instead of seeing how people just log out (Or relog behind you =/). Or atleast I hope there will be some restriction for relogging in 'unsafe' zones.

• Like 2

I have to agree with OP on this one.. I'm trying to RP a 'Friendly bandit' kind of character myself. But, it comes to my mind that instead of trying to rob people, by taking only 1-2 things from them, and letting them go, it's easier to just shoot them on sight, cuz...

1. Some of them are crazy! I've met a survivor few days ago, who attacked me (Me - full military-geared, with  fully-modded M4A1, and baddass kamo bandana and rocket aviators) with an axe! I was in about 10m from him, and he, shouting "MAN! DON'T SHOOT! PLEASE MAN!!!11" started running toward me and attacking.. And here I wanted just to RP a robbery D:

2. Some of them will KOS, without any word or anything, just attack everything that moves.

3. Some of them, which pisses me off most of all, will just log out. The moment they see you poiting gun at their face/back, telling them not to move, and if they will act fine, they'll be free and with their gear in no-time, they just LOG OUT! That breaks all the damn atempt of any RP. It's much more worser then inadequate reaction of 2 above. Or even better, you handcuff them, and BAM, they log out. They're dead because of it, but you, the bandit, doesn't get any loot, lose your handcuffs, AND the very core of RP is ruined.

So it's easier to KOS, RP-ing some crazy murdurer who doesn't care that more then 80% of population on the Earth is dead, and half of the survivors aren't exactly 'alive' anymore. Much more easier to just kill on sight, and ask questions later, from the dead body.

P.S. despite this fact, I've had very dicent RP-acting situations. Involving helping survivors, robbing survivors, joining with others and 'raiding' towns, etc... I really hope that one day I'll manage to find myself a RP-based server, with 64+ slots, and be able to RP, instead of seeing how people just log out (Or relog behind you =/). Or atleast I hope there will be some restriction for relogging in 'unsafe' zones.

That's why I will look forward to play on a serious RP server in the future insted of playing on public ones.

I had very similar situation where me and my friend started once again from the beginning. We were in Electro in the hospital and I had a mosin without any ammunition + backpack and an axe, however my friend didn't find that much good stuff and he didn't even have the backpack. I just noticed someone in one of the longer corridors where you can find some useful stuff including mosin.

He had a backpack and I had handcuffs, so my idea at this moment was to make this guy surrender. Then I wanted to handcuff him and look into his backpack with the idea of taking the whole backpack for my friend as he didn't have any yet. Then I would leave this guy free but as he just heard ''hands up'' he ninja quit the game.

Do you know how this guy got in the hospital while not being seen by me earlier on ? He was randomly switching servers on a purpose of loot. This is unbelievable from my perspective. There should be some kind of single player for such people, so they can gather as much loot as they can handle in peace and without any risk of meeting a living human and playing some interesting and exciting scenes. It's just more fun to have full backpack and quit the game when there is someone nearby. I cannot understand. I just can't understand for what purpose those people bought this game.

For quitting the game in action, they should re-buy this game or get banned forever. At least in my honest opinion.

Edited by Liquid Man

To the OP, I am one of the guys hiding in the bushes shooting you.  However I am role playing too.  I hunt long-pig in Dayz....hopefully they add cannibalism to the game to make role playing more fun for me.  I want it to so that if you eat long pig once, its the only food you can live on.  That way I am forced to hunt long pig to survive in Dayz. I think that would be interesting and allow KOS to have a dynamic that fits into this role playing world some of us want so badly....

Got a crew of 5 that kills people for the lolz. Problem?

Well, that's why I'm gonna play on private servers as fast as they will appear. To avoid for example your stupidity :)

god damn your text is annoying

What is your reason for attacking the OP right off the bat ?

If you are going to act like an asshole, you might as well just don't reply.

DayZ is not an RP only game. Get that out of your head. What you're doing is trying to force your play style on others and that just doesn't jive in a game that has pvp with it. Chernerus is a dangerous place and zombies are not your only concern. People are trying to survive by any means possible and if taking your life is their way of doing it then that is how it's going to be.

If you don't understad my point, then I don't think so if there are words in humans language, which may help me to explain everything better.

Allow me.  You bought this as if it were a completed game.  it is not a completed game.  It is not the mod.  It is the Alpha Testing of the Standalone.  It is not at all finished.  Why did they release this crap then?  Because it's not begging like Kickstarter and it helps the devs fund this fabulous world.  You know, I bet I couldn't find that barely seen disclaimer that mentions all this, but if it was easier to find it would explain everything.  I know, I know. It doesn't mention that once end game is reached people get bored and trigger happy.

My previous point was a bit aggressive, mainly because it is so simple to understand, yet nobody does.  Here it is in slightly harsh and briefer words:  You paid to be an Alpha Tester.  You are not doing your duty, and are therefore failing this future game more than the people that kill you.  If you want to roleplay, play a finished game.

I don't hate you, or even dislike you.  I just felt that you were a bit ignorant of the true issues in this alpha.

In the end, after all is typed and submitted, the only real, tangible truth that is evident is:  DayZ SA is in Alpha.

You can try to argue against Alpha arguers.  You can even insult us.  But the ignorance of others doesn't stop that from being true.

Oh, and also I did get the point, or points of your first post. And about that...

I do not expect that these kind of people I am writing about is you - people on the forums who care a bit more about DayZ Standalone game, than other average player.

I am not an average player.  I hit 20 hours play time on my second day, and I had work still.  I love this game and can't wait to see what it becomes.  But until it becomes what it will become, I will do what I can to help.

Do your part, and take more screenshots/video recordings, and post bugs in the Bug Reporting section.  Right now the game is that black and white.  Anything beyond that is grey area which we are trying to help define.  Roleplaying will come later.  

To the OP, I am one of the guys hiding in the bushes shooting you.  However I am role playing too.  I hunt long-pig in Dayz....hopefully they add cannibalism to the game to make role playing more fun for me.  I want it to so that if you eat long pig once, its the only food you can live on.  That way I am forced to hunt long pig to survive in Dayz. I think that would be interesting and allow KOS to have a dynamic that fits into this role playing world some of us want so badly....

yes i hope cannibals are introduced as well i won't be partaking in your feast but i will hunt you cannibals down and show no remorse and  torture you.(maybe feed you to zeds possible burning at the stake).and hopefully you get diseases or the shakes from human flesh.good luck with your RP i'll be looking for you hunting food lol.

• Like 1

Allow me.  You bought this as if it were a completed game.  it is not a completed game.  It is not the mod.  It is the Alpha Testing of the Standalone.  It is not at all finished.  Why did they release this crap then?  Because it's not begging like Kickstarter and it helps the devs fund this fabulous world.  You know, I bet I couldn't find that barely seen disclaimer that mentions all this, but if it was easier to find it would explain everything.  I know, I know. It doesn't mention that once end game is reached people get bored and trigger happy.

My previous point was a bit aggressive, mainly because it is so simple to understand, yet nobody does.  Here it is in slightly harsh and briefer words:  You paid to be an Alpha Tester.  You are not doing your duty, and are therefore failing this future game more than the people that kill you.  If you want to roleplay, play a finished game.

I don't hate you, or even dislike you.  I just felt that you were a bit ignorant of the true issues in this alpha.

In the end, after all is typed and submitted, the only real, tangible truth that is evident is:  DayZ SA is in Alpha.

You can try to argue against Alpha arguers.  You can even insult us.  But the ignorance of others doesn't stop that from being true.

Oh, and also I did get the point, or points of your first post. And about that...

I am not an average player.  I hit 20 hours play time on my second day, and I had work still.  I love this game and can't wait to see what it becomes.  But until it becomes what it will become, I will do what I can to help.

Do your part, and take more screenshots/video recordings, and post bugs in the Bug Reporting section.  Right now the game is that black and white.  Anything beyond that is grey area which we are trying to help define.  Roleplaying will come later.  

look out we got a alpha preacher on the soap box. maybe he'll fall off and break something.hahahaha

yes i hope cannibals are introduced as well i won't be partaking in your feast but i will hunt you cannibals down and show no remorse and  torture you.(maybe feed you to zeds possible burning at the stake).and hopefully you get diseases or the shakes from human flesh.good luck with your RP i'll be looking for you hunting food lol.

You will taste wonderful with my beans.....I will see you on the field sir, hopefully you wont see me.  I bagged my first kill last night, and the hunger still lingers.....

Probably you are right, people may act like this because there is not that much in the game yet.

I am not gonna insult anyone as it is not the point. I cannot really understand why I became the ignorant while I am trying to argue almost every single sentence with resonable, at least in my opinion arguments. I said a few times already, I did not force anyone to play any different style than they like. I just asked to put in the gameplay they create by themselves a bit more effort insted of just pulling the trigger.

I also keep fingers crossed for DayZ in the future and I hope that it will become a really great game. It just needs some time :)

• Like 1

Good one! Hahah ^^ I will make an army against canibals :) We will burn them alive!

The only thing I have to ask some posters here is why do you think KoS is the way DayZ was designed? Be it bad or not...

You are talking as if it were a core decision in the game but in truth condition and lack of gear (w/o serverhopping) are ways to deter doing that consistently.

If you were to ask me, the principal idea of guns in the game is to defend oneself from zombies (which are not that much of a thread as of now) with the other guns used for banditing/heroing or hunting (not implemented still).

Maybe those things will get better implemented in the future, but it still doesn't mean what some of you think is made for only PvP/KoS was thought that way in the design table.

To OP: I understand what you meant about SA:MP, since I played it some times before and had tons of fun. Nevertheless this game is somewhat different in nature, although I would like to see more roleplaying on the side of the players, even if not enforced.

I agree with alot of the points you make just one thing though you and the other gentleman using the road as example as how it would be in real life how does a work of fiction in any way relate to real life?? It is fiction the author built his story to build tension to draw you into his world post apoc.

Good movie never read the book but um stop using fiction as a valid real life point please.

PS i dont KOS but have no problem with people who KOS they add tension for sure and the game needs a little without zeds or real difficulty surviving

You realize that even when people write fiction, they use points of reference, studies of psychology and trends on human behavior. Yes, it's a piece of fiction, and no, there has never been a zombacoplyse, but the break down of societies and people fighting over very limited resources has happened and it's usually quite brutal at first.

Sorry that anything that isn't a 100% accurate historical documentary is suddenly completely inplausable and make believe. I guess when someone gets their head cut off in a ficticious work, that means in real life people live when they're decapitated.

Sometime between now and release, they will roll out private servers / hives.  At that time, you can rent your own server and replace all the weapons with rainbows, paintbrushes and kaleidoscopes.  In the meantime, you're gonna need to keep your head down, think fast, and move quickly...

I agree with alot of the points you make just one thing though you and the other gentleman using the road as example as how it would be in real life how does a work of fiction in any way relate to real life?? It is fiction the author built his story to build tension to draw you into his world post apoc.

Good movie never read the book but um stop using fiction as a valid real life point please.

PS i dont KOS but have no problem with people who KOS they add tension for sure and the game needs a little without zeds or real difficulty surviving

I reference The Road because Rocket himself has actually said its atmosphere is what he was looking to recreate within the theme of the game. Additionally, I - and many others, judging by its popularity - judge that story to be an accurate representation of human nature within that setting. If you do not think the value of human life and courtesy would break down in a major way during a post-apocalyptic scenario, then you are very, very naive.