Liquid Man

Why some people even do play DayZ ?

All that stuff you described? That's DayZ. That will always be DayZ. If you get this riled up over losing a character or two, maybe this isn't the right game for you.

I have never said that. I just wanted to know other people opinions and that's all :)

People shoot on sight because that other player is a direct threat. You can just leave that other player alone, sure. But you can never know;

- What that players end game intent is (are they a bandit, will they try and kill me later on?)

- Whether they've seen you or not

- What locations they're heading to next, as you will want to have as little resistance for heading to your own next destination, and running into another player is probably not ideal

- And all the above points collaborate to form whether or not they could be a possible threat to you. 

Any new player could be a recently killed bandit who's just running back to get their stuff or new gear to continue their banditry. The simple existence of bandits makes everyone paranoid, and those who just camp are roleplaying bandits, so they are enjoying the game the same way you are, but are RP-ing in their own specific role.

Plus, if you see any player around a military loot spawn such as the Airfields, they're most likely looking for high powered weaponry, and that also adds to their possible threat level. And you'd be surprised at how often that the people you think are camping the military spawns, are also just there to look for loot, but happen to run into you before they get there themselves.

I play a Hero on my clan's server, and I've had to kill many people I try to interact with simply because they can't trust somebody just on their word as a human being. It is still a very realistic portrayal of a Zombie apocolypse situation. It's not like the movies where every second person is friendly and willing to sacrifice their lives for other people. Everyone will prioritise their own survival above everyone elses. And bandits will simply be out for the sport of killing anyone they set their sights on, because the devolution of society causes everyone to go back to primal roots, and anarchy takes reign.

Your idea of RP-ing is sound, but San Andreas multiplayer is a completely different setting to this game. A zombie apocalypse could possibly wipe humankind off the face of the earth. Society has crumbled. Man up and start defending yourself. Prepare to be in the situation to shoot first and ask questions later.

It makes sens. I guess, you are right in what you are saying and it sounds smart ^^ Maybe I just over rated people's humanity :) However, I will always try to be the good guy as much as possible. I would rather kill the bandit to save the poor guy insted of killing them both.

Edited by Liquid Man

Why some people even do play DayZ ?

Because they paid 30 bucks for it?

• Like 1

I reckon this RP thing will come with time. There's no way to enforce it in any game and at no less extent in DayZ.

I always come to remember a lot of groups through the years that always needed the mechanics and rules of game to be bent to suit their own. Was GM for many season for Cyberpunk, so yeah, had my share of dealing with "beardies". No implying anything, just stating a simple fact that game mechanics exist to rule out a imaginary existence in a imaginary world. The rest is always up to the players.

Now... DayZ brings the RPG to a interesting new level. You don't literally roleplay a designed character but you'll have to develop your character on the story itself. This means a lot. For example, you seem to know the map already. That alone defeats a lot of RP possibilities. But for others drawing the map by hand with new names and so on is actually being done. That is RP'ing... cartography of some unknown extent of land. And damn if it wasn't hard without a compass.

Now, some folks see their place inside DayZ world as badass paramilitary. Fine. We all seen the series on TV. There's always bad vibes. Fight for control of scarce resources. Control of vital routes. Etc. Eventually some groups RP their way as "paladins of the new world" and engage the "bandits" in firefights... and then innocents get murdered...

I've read about booksellers, travelling clothes salesman and event "Saints" that give everything they have. These stuff will eventually ( or not! ) become part of the lore of DayZ one way or the other. That is RP. What makes it different from a note to a GM or being written and share as a small fiction story in a forum ? Collective RP without the need of a GM. We got the rules and the sandbox. Now it is up to you and everyone else to enjoy it.

Role playing your avatar doesn't mean bringing order to chaos. It means surviving the chaos in good order. That and a good dose of patience. Game still in infancy, right ?

Salute.

• Like 1

I have plenty of great memories of dayz mod and of the standalone (700-800 hours in the mod about 150 so far in the standalone). To me if the threat of people shooting you was gone it would not be nearly as fun. Now do I kill every single person I see? No but I think the THREAT should always be there, one thing of love about this game.

Some of them are me helping out other players by being a medic or just giving them stuff I know I can get quickly, Some of them working with a group of 5 or 6 friends and some of them solo on my own. Sometimes I shoot people if they pull there gun out at me or if I have seen them shoot others, but alot of the time I will communicate with them while staying hidden and seeing what they do from there to see if they might be a bandit or a good person.

Sometimes I meet players like myself who like to help out and alot of time its bandits, which makes the game super fun to me. Weither I am working with a group of 5 or 6, on my own or what ever, I have had a blast. Yes the game is not done and far from perfect (No Early Alpha games are), but I can see it being even more fun once a ton of new stuff is added. Maybe something like ALTIS LIFE is more like what you are looking for? Check it out if you have ARMA3.

I dont kill any fresh spawns and I usually only shoot if I feel threatened, but I still have a blast and a fun time knowing that there are bandits out there that will shoot right away, makes the game more intense. With so many games these days that are so dumbed down and childish so to speak, this dayz has been a breath for fresh air for me. Not since Ultima Online YEARS ago have I had this kind of fun for an online game with lots of other players and I feel one of the reasons is that both games it actually means something to die, you don't just lose a few exp or something you  lose everything you had and must start over. I love the feeling that someone might be stalking me or about to jump me, gotta always be on guard. Mix in the fact that it is build around arma tactics/engines which I like as a fan of old slower tactical shooters like operation flashpoint, ARMA, the first ghost recon and the first few rainbow six games. I also loved learning this map in dayz, it is so beautiful and such a joy to explore and learn to a degree now that I know it aswell as my hometown lol.

Anyways, just my two cents on why I love DayZ, maybe try playing with a bunch of friends? That way you have a better chance vs bandits and groups of bad guys? Maybe the game is just not for you, I might suggest Project Zomboid, State Of Decay and 7 days to die if you want a less in your face game than this, but still with scavenging, zombies,etc..  You cant really make a game fun for someone, maybe comeback later when more features are in the game and when its out of early alpha stage, or maybe try a game I listed above that are less cutthroat (all games I enjoy for different reasons than dayz). Maybe also you have just had bad luck, I have met probably 70% bandits and 30% survivors so far, there is some good people out there, maybe organize a game sometime with your friend and 2-3 more friends of yours and his.

Well, I like DayZ a lot and I don't think that any other game will suit me better in this climat. I'm looking forward to new features as everyone else and the thing I hate the most in DayZ are people who kill on sight or don't even give a chance to stay alive. They want my stuff ? or I have something, they don't ? That's fine but why they have always just to kill.

I mean.. Did you read one of my actions ? Where the guy said ''Don't even fucking move!'' and I didn't even move, I was doing what he wanted and then I got shooted to death, just 3 seconds later. If people want to be bandits, let's make it fun for everyone insted of just shooting. I can't explain it better, I just would like to be able to co-operate more and I don't know why people don't. Are they too lazy or too scared ? But how they can be scared of me, while it's them who keeps the triger.

Edited by Liquid Man

Because they paid 30 bucks for it?

Read my thread first insted just of the title :)

I reckon this RP thing will come with time. There's no way to enforce it in any game and at no less extent in DayZ.

I always come to remember a lot of groups through the years that always needed the mechanics and rules of game to be bent to suit their own. Was GM for many season for Cyberpunk, so yeah, had my share of dealing with "beardies". No implying anything, just stating a simple fact that game mechanics exist to rule out a imaginary existence in a imaginary world. The rest is always up to the players.

Now... DayZ brings the RPG to a interesting new level. You don't literally roleplay a designed character but you'll have to develop your character on the story itself. This means a lot. For example, you seem to know the map already. That alone defeats a lot of RP possibilities. But for others drawing the map by hand with new names and so on is actually being done. That is RP'ing... cartography of some unknown extent of land. And damn if it wasn't hard without a compass.

Now, some folks see their place inside DayZ world as badass paramilitary. Fine. We all seen the series on TV. There's always bad vibes. Fight for control of scarce resources. Control of vital routes. Etc. Eventually some groups RP their way as "paladins of the new world" and engage the "bandits" in firefights... and then innocents get murdered...

I've read about booksellers, travelling clothes salesman and event "Saints" that give everything they have. These stuff will eventually ( or not! ) become part of the lore of DayZ one way or the other. That is RP. What makes it different from a note to a GM or being written and share as a small fiction story in a forum ? Collective RP without the need of a GM. We got the rules and the sandbox. Now it is up to you and everyone else to enjoy it.

Role playing your avatar doesn't mean bringing order to chaos. It means surviving the chaos in good order. That and a good dose of patience. Game still in infancy, right ?

Salute.

Makes sense but still, I hope that people can give a bit more of themselves insted of shooting to everything what moves :)

• Like 1

Why do thread you post, hrrrmmmm??

Force the grammar, you should not. Let it flow THROUGH you.

Ready for this test, you were not. Known, I should have.

FAILED you, as your master, I have.....

*sagely lowers head and turns, hobbling away...

Edited by Crazykage

Why do thread you post, hrrrmmmm??

Force the grammar, you should not. Let it flow THROUGH you.

Ready for this test, you were not. Known, I should have.

FAILED you, as your master, I have.....

Hm ? :)

I'd say get on 'the level' that other players are to some extent, have some patience and you'll be fine. You have to deal with the inherent inhumanity this game delivers. It's not going to go away. However, that doesn't mean you cannot carve out a little piece of the experience you want from it. You'll need to work for that.

This isn't the same game you've been playing your whole life, but that doesn't mean you cannot find enjoyment out of it. Find some people to play with and see if they'll stick it out with you for better protection and don't trust so many people. You'll live longer. I'm not saying kill everything that moves, but be ready for someone who does.

• Like 2

Some questions, first of all if you don't mind, where are you from, what is your native language. Some-one said you sound young but to me it sounds more like English just isn't your first language.

Second, are you aware of the gestures? Go into the key-mapping and set the key for "taunt" to f4. As it currently is:
F1-Wave
F2-Surrender/hands up (Crouch to put your hands on the back of your head)
F3-Sit down and relax
F4-Flip some-one off

Might help a little with the roleplay. And if someone tells you to freeze, you can surrender and they might not shoot you. Some of them will be pretty nasty. Sometimes you might be killed. But sometimes they might just take your gear or handcuff you to make sure you're not a threat. It is a gamble, but I haven't killed, poisoned or humiliated anybody I've captured, and I've never done it in a way that made them shoot me out of spite.

Read my thread first insted just of the title :)

I read your thread.  You're claiming that people are ruining the game because they "just play to get their ''Mosins'' and houndreds of ammunition to it, then they hide and shoot random people for no reason" and "don't have even any idea of Role Playing."

So, you hate people who "ruin" your game by playing the way they want to play...so you want to dictate the way they play.

So, my point still stands.  Why do some people even play this game?  Because they paid 30 bucks to play it.

There is no black and white in DayZ and there is no bottom-powdering.  If you're getting killed repeatedly then try a lower pop server, avoid the coast, approach high profile coastal towns and military bases with caution, avoid open roads and highly visible travel routes and if someone is shooting at you head for cover and...SERPENTINE!

And never forget the two fundamental rules of DayZ:

1. Don't get too attached to your gear.

2. Deal with it.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 2

Well, I like DayZ a lot

You obviously don't, though. The things you are complaining about are an integral part of the game's core principals. If you really liked DayZ, this thread wouldn't exist.

What you like is some fanciful preconception of what you want DayZ to be.

2. Deal with it.

Most importantly is your second point.

This game wasn't really meant for those that wanted anything less than a hardcore experience. Get good at dealing with this, and you'll ultimately be a better player.

You obviously don't, though. The things you are complaining about are an integral part of the game's core principals. If you really liked DayZ, this thread wouldn't exist.

What you like is some fanciful preconception of what you want DayZ to be.

I agree, but take it easy on him. He's inquiring, too, which is a good thing. 

Edited by Gekkonidae

DayZ isn't kind of game where you get a quest to kill 5 pigs in the village.

I love that quest...

I commend your honestly and hopes and dreams for how DayZ should be for you, but that type of thinking will get you handcuffed, anally plugged, and left in a ditch.

• Like 1

anyone else notice the tags the op made for his thread?

annoying trolls (fair, theres plenty of those about)

bad asses (who? you? them?)

idiots in dayz (does this include you?)

kids without mutation (wha?)

unbrained humans (WHA?)

bandis all over the place (what is a bandi? a bambi that aspires to be a bandit?)

dayz (well, no shit! thank god for that, or I would have surely assumed this thread was about world political science)

• Like 1

anyone else notice the tags the op made for his thread?

annoying trolls (fair, theres plenty of those about)

bad asses (who? you? them?)

idiots in dayz (does this include you?)

kids without mutation (wha?)

unbrained humans (WHA?)

bandis all over the place (what is a bandi? a bambi that aspires to be a bandit?)

dayz (well, no shit! thank god for that, or I would have surely assumed this thread was about world political science)

I just thought it will be funny :) I will replay to more of you when I come back home. Thanks for posting!

TLDR : OP's a carebear

I did read I wish I didn't bother :|

OP is carebear and question he don't ask is always same question butthurt carebears never ask

why I always dying? :huh:

for him is other guys the problem :D

but other guys only kill him because he make nice easy target

I can see from way he write about GTA experience he don't play with brain

he don't use maximum patience and stealth to move around

he skipping down centre of road talk to every guy he see 'hallo we can be friends?' :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

he say he get it :D

he don't get nothing :lol:

I see what you mean dude, and i agree that people who just want to play a shooter should go play an actual shooter.

But there's nothing you can do about it. Just hope they get bored soon and move on to another game. Hopefully, in the end, most of them will be filtered out.

In the meantime, roleplay a bit different. You know now that no-one is to be trusted, so act like that. Hold them up at gunpoint, and be ready to react at the first sign of danger. Some people will go along with what you say, and those moments are awesome. If not, let them go, or shoot them, as inhumane as it is. This is ultimately about survival, after all. It's harsh, but that's the game.

• Like 2

Well, this is Great Disaster simulator - I think lots of people would behave EXACTLY like those morons with axes (except they wouldnt be so bold - they would probably stab you in the back instead charging with an axe).