Sidewinder24

Dyslecxi shows just how amazing 1PP only is in NEW video.

It'd be great if we had Arma 3's stance system. Oh well.

The game is 1 month into alpha. Jesus people, give it some time. However the mentality that you have to compensate for the lack of a feature by exploiting is not the answer for obvious reasons.

Maybe that's not what you're saying here but I've heard from plenty of others phrases to the effect of,

"Well I can't see perfectly out this window so 3PP is the only way to go."

or

"The nighttime is too dark right now so I have to increase my gamma until they fix it."

or

"The in-game VoiP isn't that great so I have to use teamspeak to communicate with my teammates without anyone in the game hearing me. Even when they're miles away they can hear me. I can call out peoples positions too, it's great!"

or

"The maps you find in the game don't have enough detail so I can only use Dayz DB's until they update it."

Just because something isn't perfect in an alpha build (crazy I know!) doesn't mean you should have to seek out exploitative alternatives to compensate. Instead why not provide feedback, realize this is an extreme work in progress and show a little patience until it's addressed. For instance, walkie-talkies will be implemented sooner than later which will allow for a balanced approach to talking with your group without being right next to them.

• Like 4

Anyone that has ever played in 3PP has exploited the view in some way. I don't play on them for a number of reasons, #1 is being picked out by someone laying down on a roof behind a wall. Or just from around a corner and their physical player is completely hidden.

Pussies play in 3PP.

Serious. You are a bitch player that uses the camera to gain an edge.

I have noticed more combat loggers or just people that log out when you do anything. 

Edited by Loafy
  • Like 1

He also crapped on a sizeable proportion of his player base when he removed starter weapons, and later again when he removed .50 cals. You're still here though!

They weren't removed, ffs.They were in the MOD! They were never in the SA! They are still in the MOD!

Edited by DJPorterNZ

Dyslecxi is playing DayZ?

In today's DayZ-Wasteland mashup vid (#312) we'll be noscoping noobs, stealing their loots, and griefing their widows

http://youtu.be/v5H7FNGk4SQ

Interesting.

They weren't removed, ffs.They were in the MOD! They were never in the SA! They are still in the MOD!

Point is if he removes TPV as he should then nothing will happen.

People will stupidly whine and cry for a week or two then finally they will adjust and continue to play.

More importantly the game will be much better .

All of his points on perception apply just the same in 3rd as they do in 1st. I've had several players roll right on by me while I'm in a bush on servers allowing 3rd. If someone's focus isn't on you or where you are, they just might not see you. I completely agree with his remarks about his adversaries making mistakes. They paid for them accordingly. Definitely was a great video anyways!

The 'see around corners' debate is moot. Everyone has the same advantage so no one has an edge. Any of the towns in game have dozens and dozens of corners, windows, door ways, and so on. If you roll into a town and you're more worried about someone seeing you from around a corner than the plethora of blind spots the environment has, you're only limiting your own awareness of your surroundings. If someone is gonna ambush you, whether they're in 3rd eyeing you from behind a corner or in 1st watching from one of the hundreds of the maps second story windows, they're going to have the upper hand if you don't see them first regardless.

Plus neither view is 'realistic' by any means. 3rd isn't for obvious reasons. The zoom function is a good point for 1st, but more importantly it lacks any peripheral vision. Any individual would have to literally be blind to not see someone lying in foot tall grass 1 meter from them wearing soldier fatigues. In 1pp there is no individual based eye relief for weapon sights, you can't see the brim of any ball cap or helmet, no darkness through sunglasses, no blocked vision from masks, et cetera, et cetera. They're both not 'realistic'. Neither can be 'realistic'. 

'Oh, but 1st is more immersive!' Bull shit. That's realized through the player's perception, not what view point they prefer to play with. This is such a stupid argument from both sides haha. It's a video game. Christ, lol.

The 'see around corners' debate is moot. Everyone has the same advantage so no one has an edge.

No, it does not work that way, everyone has third person, everyone doesn't have a wall, bush, rock, tree etc to hide behind and use to exploit at all times. Everyone has the ability to exploit, but everyone can't be exploiting all the time.

Plus neither view is 'realistic' by any means.

Third person makes you super-human, first person makes you pretty much human (double tap numpad- for peripheral vision)

• Like 3

Third person makes you super-human, first person makes you pretty much human (double tap numpad- for peripheral vision)

Or they could use the perfectly awesome fov slider in the options menu.

Now there is Zero I mean absolutely zero excuse to have tpv.

The 'see around corners' debate is moot. Everyone has the same advantage so no one has an edge.

You are walking down the street in Elektro. I can see you through the window using 3pp without even exposing an inch. No edge you say?

Next please.

• Like 2

if 3rd person never exist dayz would still be great game

I make correction - would be greater game

*scared baby voice* 'but if it going away how we manage to see guys stay hide and safe?' :o

*passion gamer voice^ 'relax, use Q and E for peek and soon they add new animations for look over wall like arma 3'

*scared baby voice* 'but how I see how cool my character is look like with gas mask and badass combat trouser?' :huh:

*disappoint gamer voice* 'maybe if you looking more around you die less and QQ less about KOS, look in inventory when you find safe place and do masturbate now on character* >:(

*scare baby voice* 'but I am addict for this easy mode and I have fear of life without, how I will know when is safe to come out from hide place?' :o

*disgusted gamer voice* 'STOP TO RUIN DAYZ WITH GAMEBREAKING PUSSY EXPLOIT, GROW BACKBONE AND TAKE SOME RISK YOU COWARD BITCH' >:(

*Scared baby voice* 'I wont play no more if they removing 3rd person because I will be butthurt and fear of see world through character eyes is too much for weak heart and my tiny mouse testicles don't produce enough testosterone for me to manage challenge of fair fights' :o

*in shock gamer voice* 'you are pathetic and your argue for keep making me feel sad for you, your selfish fear and lack of courage is reason why we have this stupid wallhack system and if you realise how much KOS is possible with this tool for cheat maybe you syop to complain about murder when you begging like bitch for murder exploit assist feature, NOW GO FROM MY SIGHT BEFORE I SMACK YOU LIKE PIMP DADDY'  >:(

• Like 1

No, it does not work that way, everyone has third person, everyone doesn't have a wall, bush, rock, tree etc to hide behind and use to exploit at all times. Everyone has the ability to exploit, but everyone can't be exploiting all the time.

If you want to be out in the open all the time that's your call. Numpad turns your little box of view. It doesn't act as peripheral haha.

It's still in a little box.

You are walking down the street in Elektro. I can see you through the window using 3pp without even exposing an inch. No edge you say?

Next please.

lol. Your walkin down the street in electro. I'm sighted in on you in first person. Where am I? And for what it's worth, if you like to walk down the street in any major town/city, no view point rules are going to help you.

By the way, I couldn't care less about the view. All your arguments are backed by opinions, no facts.

Edited by Carpoor

Think it's great that dyslecxi is enjoying the DayZ Standalone, don't think he ever got into the mod much. I also think it's awesome that the Standalone offers first person servers for first person players, just like the mod did, ArmA 3, ArmA 2, Armed Assault and Operation Flashpoint did.

I wish though that dyslsexi brought something new to the debate, rather than just rehashing the old and tired "exploit!" and "I like 1PP," but the only thing this video offers, is a famous name to the debate and an excuse for the first person lobby to create yet another thread or yet another poll about an already decided subject.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2

Well his video just destroyed the I only use third when I am not in PvP to walk around argument.

As he said if they had been using 3rd while walking around they would have spotted him.

Apart from it makes my barbie doll look pretty, I cant see any more arguments that support 3rd.

Hardcore Mode and Barbie Mode should be the server browser filter options.

I wish though that dyslsexi brought something new to the debate, rather than just rehashing the old and tired "exploit!" and "I like 1PP,"

There's really nothing more to the whole debate though. Hard to bring anything new to it when most everything's already been said.

• Like 2

Think it's great that dyslecxi is enjoying the DayZ Standalone, don't think he ever got into the mod much. I also think it's awesome that the Standalone offers first person servers for first person players, just like the mod did, ArmA 3, ArmA 2, Armed Assault and Operation Flashpoint did.

I wish though that dyslsexi brought something new to the debate, rather than just rehashing the old and tired "exploit!" and "I like 1PP," but the only thing this video offers, is a famous name to the debate and an excuse for the first person lobby to create yet another thread or yet another poll about an already decided subject.

It probably wont stop until he got his will. Might become his greatest own.

So eloquent, so skilled, just one thing not super pro: joining the server of preference not making a big deal out if it.

How great would it be to make a video of chosing a server, joining, bam, all bitching gone.

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 1

Yep, thank you saying that without zoom it is difficult. My point exactly. Make this game hard as hell. Remove third person and zoom. The only way you should be able to have optical zoom in this game is by acquiring scopes. 

Why should someone with iron sights have the same optical advantage as someone with a scope? The size of a target in my 2x, 4x scope should not be the same size as when I squint my eyes to "focus". Lol. Nitpickers!!! 

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!

It´s a bug, read in this... http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/165710-the-campaign-for-iron-sight-zoom/

Ofcourse it must be the same as in arma. Not 100% sure, but one of the points in the next patch seems to fix it.

How about I tell you to shave yourself...would you shave yourself?

If I needed a shave..yes

Anyways...I see alot of ppl talking about removing 3rd from the game entirely. Wouldnt bother me...but its not gonna happend. Why? It would be commercial suicide. Not gonna happend. There will be some form of segregation of the platstyles...which is solution that pretty much perfect for everyone.

Some form mechanism need to be in place so that there just as many 1st as 3rd person servers to choose from.

Edited by svisketyggeren

Number 1 Dyslecxi observation: Players only see what they expect to see.

Of course, having played ArmA in 1PP since the start of Operation Flashpoint, he's a bit useful at moving without being seen.

I don't think anyone can argue that 3PP is not exploitative. In the situation Dslyecxi found himself in the vid he would have been noticed by at least one of the group he was stalking. However, having objects and terrain on very low would have revealed his position as well. There are many exploits in the game atm, 3rd person just happens to be the one most commonly used.

You will not convert many die hard 3PP players and to be honest once the 1PP/3PP hives come into place it wont matter anymore.

• Like 4

There is also no reason....none at all to completly remove 3rd. Espeially when 1st person servers exist. All that is is forcing a gamplay style on people who dont want to be restricted to one point of view. Its forcing your preference. How is catering for both styles a bad thing? And dont say exploits....because any third exploit dosent effect you in the slightest on a 1st only server.

• Like 3

Yep, thank you saying that without zoom it is difficult. My point exactly. Make this game hard as hell. Remove third person and zoom. The only way you should be able to have optical zoom in this game is by acquiring scopes. 

Why should someone with iron sights have the same optical advantage as someone with a scope? The size of a target in my 2x, 4x scope should not be the same size as when I squint my eyes to "focus". Lol. Nitpickers!!! 

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!

Seriously? People still think this?

There never was any extra zoom with bare eyes.

A 2x or 4x optical sight always gave 2x or 4x more magnification than bare eyes.

EsRRZbh.png

The standalone messed this up by giving everything randomly assigned magnifications, so yes, in the standalone the zoom is illogical - but this wasn't the case in ARMA 2.

• Like 1

The most pertinent footage is between 0-7.00 minutes. He has a some things to say about 3PP too and although they're scathing, they're 100% true.

3PP exploit lovers beware. This video will surely rustle your jimmies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V9oh8dBNUs

They saw him but they thought he was one of their group coz gear is the same. Why would he think he was camouflaged in short grass, hehe? Also, noob shooting, should have done it from the hip from that distance since he  had double mag loaded

Edited by Highlander007

So when is Rocket finally going to rip off the bandaid and make DayZ first person only?

i think he's not ever going to remove the 3pp option, as far as i remember that was in an AMA a while ago.