Sidewinder24

Dyslecxi shows just how amazing 1PP only is in NEW video.

is making zero sense why he leaving in game is going against everything that make dayz great :huh:

Everything you consider "great".

I play a mix of views - 3pp for exploration 1pp for interaction/combat. Other than people weeping about some terrible exploit (being able to see better around a corner in one view over another) that I don't even consider an exploit I see no earthly reason Rocket should "put away this comedy crutch" just because you and a few other vocal nitwits don't like not being able to insta-kill the noobie armed with bare hands with your "badass" sniper rifle because he can see you from behind the wall he's hiding behind.

Truth is, if Rocket listens to the crybabies who want something taken out because they don't like it, or consider it "an exploit", BI are going to end up with a game that only appeals to a niche market and will alienate new players. Like it, or loathe it, there are people who prefer TPV over FPV and whose buying choice will be dictated by such a simple matter.

• Like 1

Hi.

Maybe it's due to your location/time of day that you play, but for my playtimes I USUALLY see no more than 0-8 people in servers, unless its a 24/7 daylight server, regardless of 3PP on or off, which I want no part of.

That 24/7 daylight is IMHO the worst setting to have unlocked on the official hive.

Regards.

In your filter in the server browser type "off" for 3DP:off or "veteran" for servers that are likely to be running day/night cycles. That makes it a lot easier to find the kind of servers that you're looking for. :)

• Like 1

Well his video just destroyed the I only use third when I am not in PvP to walk around argument.

As he said if they had been using 3rd while walking around they would have spotted him.

Apart from it makes my barbie doll look pretty, I cant see any more arguments that support 3rd.

Hardcore Mode and Barbie Mode should be the server browser filter options.

"He said." A fellow just posted this: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lUemS9rpOE4

3PV. Didn't see the guy laying right next to them.

This Dslyecxi guy likes 1P. Good for him.

Seems the 1P guys are getting killed a lot, or want to play a game that doesn't exist, except on 1P servers.

It's a game. Doubt I'd paly it if it was only 1P. Don't like it.

• Like 1

If you want to be out in the open all the time that's your call. Numpad turns your little box of view. It doesn't act as peripheral haha.

It's still in a little box.

lol. Your walkin down the street in electro. I'm sighted in on you in first person. Where am I? And for what it's worth, if you like to walk down the street in any major town/city, no view point rules are going to help you.

By the way, I couldn't care less about the view. All your arguments are backed by opinions, no facts.

You still fail to realize, in first person only, you CAN spot someone looking out a window at you, doesn't mean you will, but there is a chance for you to spot them, in third person, you could NEVER spot them, no amount of moving your camera around will let you see someone third personing out of a window, the same can be said for any situation.

It is not the fact that you DONT spot them, it is that you simply CANNOT spot them, this is the nature of the third person "exploit".

In first person, sure, you might NOT spot them, but if you can see someone, they have a chance to see you, it really is that simple.

Reminder to the people attempting to claim that DayZ SA will suddenly stop making money if third person is gone: It's been #1 on Steam's Top Sellers list every minute of every hour of every day since being listed.

Trying to claim that the removal of your crutch will somehow take money out of BIS' hands is absolutely hilarious and as dishonest as you are when you say you can't exploit third person.

You are unreal wrong with this statement. Most of the Dayz vets would be angry if they took 3rd person out, and I would be one of them. FP looks like crap on this game. Bottom line is if you like FP play in a FP server. Don't ask for it to be taken away from the game just because "you" dont like it. I swear the COD kiddies are taken over the forums...

The problem with removing 3PP is that ArmA/DayZ isn't designed purely to be a 1PP game and it unfortunately shows in 1PP.

Everything you consider "great".

I play a mix of views - 3pp for exploration 1pp for interaction/combat. Other than people weeping about some terrible exploit (being able to see better around a corner in one view over another) that I don't even consider an exploit I see no earthly reason Rocket should "put away this comedy crutch" just because you and a few other vocal nitwits don't like not being able to insta-kill the noobie armed with bare hands with your "badass" sniper rifle because he can see you from behind the wall he's hiding behind.

Truth is, if Rocket listens to the crybabies who want something taken out because they don't like it, or consider it "an exploit", BI are going to end up with a game that only appeals to a niche market and will alienate new players. Like it, or loathe it, there are people who prefer TPV over FPV and whose buying choice will be dictated by such a simple matter.

I doubt the nooby would see me with my sniper rifle 500+m away and in a concealed position, even with the look round walls exploit...but then I don't shoot bambis anyways.

Also news just in, half of 3PP players don't like the exploit either. Personally I don't think 3PP should be removed because it is so popular (something like 60-70% of playerbase want it), but the exploit should definitely be nerfed/removed.

Edited by phlOgistOn

phlogist0sh which servers do you play on yourself?

I have no idea why 3pp is an exploit?  I can't stand not seeing my character :-\  Mind you I dont play shooters ... EVER.  So I am not used to nor enjoy first person, but I try it now and then of course.  Even in combat in this game I can't seem to get a feel for 1PP at all.  I'm just a weirdo I guess (or just a complete and utter nooblet)

lol. Your walkin down the street in electro. I'm sighted in on you in first person. Where am I? And for what it's worth, if you like to walk down the street in any major town/city, no view point rules are going to help you.

By the way, I couldn't care less about the view. All your arguments are backed by opinions, no facts.

On a 1pp server you would need to expose yourself to see me. I may or may not spot you. On a 3pp server I WON'T spot you no matter what. You got that now or you want another example?

1pp server = gaining visibility means risking getting shot and exposing yourself

3pp server = lying down on a hospital roof and spotting everyone with my persicope like a baws

• Like 1

How about I tell you to shave yourself...would you shave yourself?

If you could show that my beard was exploitative and a detriment to other people, I could be persuaded. This type of reasoning and logic flies in the face of 3PP exploiters who scoff at incontrovertible facts, playing it off as, "Don't tell me what to do, la la la, not listening! Not listening!"

Excellent video, and some good comments that he made.

I'll be honest, I play 3pp because I am still learning - I am not from an FPS background, so am still getting used to the controls and what not. I will graduate to 1PP once I feel comfortable with how it all works.

I think people should play the game there way i see some say 3rd person is advantage/exploit then i see some say it can be a disadvantage i personally use both ! In towns i use 1st person mostly then when in or around fields third person ,besides for the sake of agruement wasnt there  first person only servers made just for the first person only players ?

Edited by B!Z3

Screw you guys lol!

3rd rocks, ok so its got flaws, but you guys act like everyone using 3rd is looking round every corner, its just not true. I use 1st for combat (as do most of my friends), because 3rd sucks up close. That doesn't mean I want to be locked to it all the time  I play.  You have to see the game as more than just a combat simulator now. Il never understand why people aren't happy with the hive split, maybe because the servers aren't as populated as they hoped :P

While it may be for some, for me  3rd isn't a crutch or a bandage, its a storytelling tool. It adds a dimension to the game, seeing your survivor interact with the world adds massive immersion. Removing it would feel like the game was moving back towards Competitive deathmatch shooter, not towards Survival horror RPG :)

I disagree with you entirely.

No one is really talking about 3pp exploit during combat, it is about prior to combat or lulls during the battle. You can set up a prepare easier in 3pp without giving you position away, you can see over the tops of hills, you get an unrealistic field of view. Did you even watch the video and listen to his comments?

I see first person as creating the immersion and 3pp as breaking it. I'm interacting with the world not a character I'm controlling. I've heard your argument before and I just don't understand it. Immersion means that you are there, not that you have a 3 person view of what is going on like some out of body experience in a dream. 

1pp is much better for survival horror realism. Try playing at night 1pp in a town full of zombies and tell me that isn't scary. You can't see that will and the zombies get up in your face. Walking around a corner and not knowing what is there is much scarier than already knowing it is there. Go prone and crawl, you can see anything, crawling in 3pp you can see the entire block still.  Doesn't really strike fear into me.

You have a very skewed idea of immersion and what 1pp players really find interesting with this game.  For the most part 1pp seem more concerned with making the game harder and more survival oriented. Also most of my friendly interaction have come in 1pp servers. It seems to me that we are more concerned about the experience than 3pp players. 

If you could show that my beard was exploitative and a detriment to other people, I could be persuaded. This type of reasoning and logic flies in the face of 3PP exploiters who scoff at incontrovertible facts, playing it off as, "Don't tell me what to do, la la la, not listening! Not listening!"

What if we told you that you could move to Israel and enjoy the company of all the hasidic beards that you want, all day, every day. And the bonus is you could call other shaved mensch weak and not true to your code of how real men should look like without the fear of looking like a pompous prick. Wouldn't you rather move to that nice place instead of trying to convert the rest of the world to Judaism....

You wanna play only in first person, then bloody move to any of the first person servers that were created especially for that..

Edited by Highlander007
  • Like 1

3PP exploit lovers beware. This video will surely rustle your jimmies.

What rustles my jimmies is, that yours are so rustled by 3rd person ON.

More so, when we gonna have TWO SEPARATE hives and enough servers to cater to both.

It just is no problem whatsoever, what is the real problem are combat loggers and server hoppers.

Can't wait for that to be solved.

edit: I feel we were trolled hard here O_o

Edited by Hombre

Anyone fancy finding that treeline and making an ambushee viewpoint as they ran past him...I'd really be interested to actually see how obvious or not he was in that position :)

EDIT: And then compare it to the 3PP viewpoint at that stage

I'd be down just to show the differences on another video, a lot of that situation had to do, not just with that fact that they were all in first, but like he said, prioritization of threats. They had just past that bush 15 seconds before, no reason to suspect some guy is on the ground, in 3rd they would have had a larger window to notice him. 

On a 1pp server you would need to expose yourself to see me. I may or may not spot you. On a 3pp server I WON'T spot you no matter what. You got that now or you want another example?

1pp server = gaining visibility means risking getting shot and exposing yourself

3pp server = lying down on a hospital roof and spotting everyone with my persicope like a baws

Yeah I get it now. Tell ya what. Dirty Patriots Ho 3pp server is where I play. Scuba_Hazard is my tag. I'm up north. Just run to the top of a hill/building and periscope. You'll see me.

I doubt the nooby would see me with my sniper rifle 500+m away and in a concealed position, even with the look round walls exploit...

Exactly. And after you'd shot them, they'd come on here and cry about being exploited from around a corner (because they had no idea where it came from so that's what it had to be) or start a KoS whine thread.

phlogist0sh which servers do you play on yourself?

If solo or with some of my friends, I play 1PP. With other friends I have to play 3PP.

One issue at a time brother.

I do like how you attempt to derail the thread by bringing up zoom a feature that is there for a very real reason and is there to help with the limitations of video game technology.

TPV however has no real life equivalent, I can't magically see around corners or through objects by looking at myself from behind my body in real life.

Lol, I'm not derailing the thread. Clearly this is in the video and I made it apparent. Third person is not the only issue here. I'm here to support a good DayZ. This video clearly shows another issue with 1PP only advocates. They are nitpickers who only want the game to support their playstyle. He never mentions once the zoom. Just like most 1PP advocates. I am introduced a new argument to the OLD 1pp vs 3pp threads. 

If you want DayZ to be hardcore by removing mechanics in the game then you need to start looking at the rest of them too. Derailing a thread? Naw, I'm refreshing it "brother". 

• Like 1

One issue at a time brother.

I do like how you attempt to derail the thread by bringing up zoom a feature that is there for a very real reason and is there to help with the limitations of video game technology.

TPV however has no real life equivalent, I can't magically see around corners or through objects by looking at myself from behind my body in real life.

double post, sorry!

Edited by The_Man

I'm starting to think that these FP backers are liberals. I dont understand why you want it completely removed from the game? Servers have options. Pretty simple here if you like FP play on a FP only server. Don't ask for something to be removed because you don't like something. The stupidity on these forums over the last month has just skyrocketed

• Like 1

I'm starting to think that these FP backers are liberals. I dont understand why you want it completely removed from the game? Servers have options. Pretty simple here if you like FP play on a FP only server. Don't ask for something to be removed because you don't like something. The stupidity on these forums over the last month has just skyrocketed

If you want to play on an easily exploited 3PP server the mod version of the game is still around for you to go to.

• Like 1

100%

Also, if you wanna be immersed in ''reality'' of a post apocalyptic world filled with the walking dead, then we should also consider perma death. Just like in real life, once your character dies, he stays dead, no respawn exploit. You can buy another copy of the game if you want another character. Some similar to warz