rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

Yeah... thank you for the spray paint... Now if we can be serious again, why don't you rather focus on Zombies (remember? those guys who are supposed to be deadly, dangerous, scary...oh and the game is called after them) 

and server hopping and combat logging...

I think a lot of the people posting in this thread are being very short sited. 

Spray paint is going to have long lasted effects on the game as a whole. Sure, its initial application will be limited but eventually you will be able to tag buildings, mark trees to leave trails, customize cars, and so much more. Just think about how that will change the game.

The zombies will be fixed, combat logging will be fixed, but for now let's enjoy each small feature they are adding. 

Just please, stop whining and remember that this game could be in an alpha state for SEVERAL months. 

I guess it could be an extension of the Guba area as I didn't notice any sign posts when I was there, but the fact that it's listed as 'new' in the patch notes makes me think that it's a completely new area.

No idea where it will be on the map though. We'll have to wait and see...

Isn't Guba the name of that bay area of the sea? In the map I use the name is placed in that body of water while with every other coastal town the name is positioned more land inward. 

My theory is the town that now often gets called Guba (which now in fact is a nameless group of buildings facing a bay called Guba) gets expanded and becomes Svetloyarsk, it seems the roads there are mapped for a larger city/town anyway. Other possibilites for me are the area north-east of Guba or that it gets centered around the supermarket west of Kamenka, seems the only 2 spaces big enough to realistically hold a reasonable sized town with harbor. 

But who knows, maybe they have reshapen a whole part of the map. 

Edited by Problematic

*edit: won't quote a previous post

Body removal;

First, just wanted to say that I died bout an hour an half ago at Rify, logged out and back into the same server and 30+ mins later I had my stuff back - which was nice coz it was a glitch through railings that killed me. Maybe the dayz gods felt sorry for me and gave me a break.

I think 10 minutes is too short though for removing character bodies. At present, when you come across a body you don't have any idea how recent it is which adds to the tension.

Also, please don't paint your mosin pink. It's a lovely looking weapon and to defile it in that way is pure blasphemy...

Edited by dejeffers

Just please, stop whining and remember that this game could be in an alpha state for SEVERAL months. 

oh it will be! they already said that it will be alpha for pretty much all of 2014

What trouble me in this Update, the Depop bodies, for 3 reasons:
- Lack of realism, a death is a death c it did not disappear, and then change into a zombie but his stuff is still there.

The excitement is killing me, only a few hours to go before this goes experimental.

I can't wait to use a shotgun on a zed with 800 (closer to 1500 on the experimental servers) ping!

Or a sawn off. AFAIK the only way to get a sawn off is to make one, is this right?

Then 3 weeks later on around 30 ping on a aussie server.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

The excitement is killing me, only a few hours to go before this goes experimental.

I can't wait to use a shotgun on a zed with 800 (closer to 1500 on the experimental servers) ping!

Or a sawn off. AFAIK the only way to get a sawn off is to make one, is this right?

Yeah I think the hack saw will require you to do this :P The amount of fails that will come out of this will be great

Yeah I think the hack saw will require you to do this :P The amount of fails that will come out of this will be great

Cue 15+ threads with people going "Sawn off doesn't spawn HELP" or "Shotgun broken" or similar when this patch goes stable.

Cue 15+ threads with people going "Sawn off doesn't spawn HELP" or "Shotgun broken" or similar when this patch goes stable.

That will be funny, the sad thing is that your are speaking the truth :(

What trouble me in this Update, the Depop bodies, for 3 reasons:

- Lack of realism, a death is a death c it did not disappear, and then change into a zombie but his stuff is still there.

Do your research. The players are immune to the zombie plague.

That will be funny, the sad thing is that your are speaking the truth :(

Yeah, we have already had the threads about nothing from the new patch spawning or nothing happening when they choose beta in steam, even though it isn't out yet.

BTW does anyone know what timezone this is for? One of the US time zones or Prague or maybe even NZ time? I'd really like to play this before 1130pm on monday (what time it will be for me if this comes out at around 830 am in washington). 

Edited by Dchil

nice finally the shotgun i've been waiting for... when will AK, Crossbow and Remington Pump Action find there way in ???

When your team will work normally and where promises patches or you want to crank out the same scam as with Arma2-3 and dodelavat game endlessly!

Wasn't internet so much nicer 10 years ago ? The only people that had a proper net for games were either IT students or people that worked in IT and most of them had an IQ over 80. Back then 99% of them had an idea how development works and even could understand simple statements like if a persons job is to create new textures for mosin, he probably can't fix ruberbanding since he has no idea how to do that.

Now we just have hundreds of morrons that spend their days stocking beans in the wallmart shelves, crying about stuff and acting like an entitled idiots. Hurray for the technological progress!

Edited by artynko
  • Like 6

nice finally the shotgun i've been waiting for... when will AK, Crossbow and Remington Pump Action find there way in ???

When it's done. 

• Like 1

Hey Rocket! Why are we not working on The MAJOR bugs????? Like logging in Randomly on a Fresh char when u never died on your char! and like not being able to use equipment or pull your Gun or anything sometimes?????

Just because they haven't put in log timers and other issues doesn't mean someone's not working on it as we speak, it just means its not fixed to a standard they want it to be at. Consider a large new house with decorative windows that looks beautiful from the outside, just because it looks great doesn't mean the interior is fully finished and up to the same standard as the outside. Please take 5 minutes to think about your posts and what you wish to say as without considering this you just sound unintelligent. Nuff said, carry on. Edited by Luc1fer
  • Like 1

oh lol cry more, they are adding more cool items, its not the same guy making zombie pathing lol

(Devs are doing a great job tbh), we need tents tho :P

Game was unplayble just a moments ago as we tried two different servers with my mate and is propably related to this rockets tweet: 

Big performance bug discovered that sometimes affected servers, creating rubber-banding and other bugs. Pos fix in testing.

We got teleported 3 times to same place where we started to play from => not possible to play the game on rush hours. Maybe hive dependent? There was quite a massive lag as actions did take like 5 seconds to something to happen.

We decided to log off from time being. Not much point playing just to get teleported to same location you started. Anyone else have same problems right now?

If this get fixed on upcoming patch, I think they are focusing on major bugs... that make the game unplayble.

• Like 1

I doubt this very much.

Silent updates are done so people are not prepared.

Why do a silent update for combat logging it would change nothing.

Because it would catch combat loggers unaware.

Do your research. The players are immune to the zombie plague.

That has changed. See zombie brain flu