rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

Hello

The body will disappear after 10 min. I propose that instead of disappearing, they come with AI zombies.
It would be cool to see a zombie walking with stuff and clothing of a player! At the same time it will keep the logic of an epidemic

• Like 2

OH and Suggestion with the spray paint!  Since you added this very interesting feature I have an idea for it.  Can you make it so we can Graffiti up the world?  Being able to tag your clans tags around Cherno and stuff would be really fun.  Or tagging someones dead body or something.  Great fun could be had with this system.  Great idea!

They won't add that just because of immature kids being able to draw dicks.

Hello

The body will disappear after 10 min. I propose that instead of disappearing, they come with AI zombies.

It would be cool to see a zombie walking with stuff and clothing of a player! At the same time it will keep the logic of an epidemic.

yeah someone posted that idea in suggestions too, and it's a great idea. the thing is, though, that they made the 10min-cleanup to lighten the load on servers for the time being, so making this zombie idea would be even more problematic.

they should definetly do it later on, though, when the server side is more polished.

Branch:

• Experimental

ETA:

• Monday 20 January 2014, AM

Description:

This build is being tested on experimental branch, and contains a number of fixes and changes that have been in preparation for the last two weeks. Please note that we do not expect that this build will be quickly posted to stable branch as we anticipate at least one more update will occur to Experimental prior to being pushed to stable. Only a limited number of servers will be running this version, so be aware slots may be limited. Once we have confirmed this build is functioning correctly we will announce more information about the release to stable branch.

• What are experimental/stable branches?

In your steam application settings, you can choose a "beta branch". This allows you to opt in to our experimental branch to try it out.

• Does my saved character get affected in experimental branch?

No. It runs on a different database, so any changes will not affect your character on stable branch.

• I can't find a slot while on experimental branch!

Only a small number of servers run this branch. You will need to change your game back to the stable branch and play on a normal server

• Can I join a stable branch server wil experimental branch client?

No, you would need to change your client back to stable.

• When will this be in stable?

We expect stable to be updated before the end of that week (by Friday 24 January 2014).

Fixed:

• Niosh mask (respirator) inventory size fixed to 1/1 slot.
  • Missing strings for BE popup for alternate languages, set to English while translations are being done.
  • Reduced dispersion of FNX45 (from 0.05 to 0.03)
  • Balanced stomach capacity,
  • Added stuffed notifier (instead of sickness when full up)
  • Eating and drinking animations properly set for tablets/disinfectants

• Version number in server browser and details
  • Saline transfusion doesn't refill full blood
  • Charcoal and Tetracycline tablets won't give sick badge if you aren't actually sick
  • Player aim run speed updated, weapon position changed and improved for first person view
  • Glitches on right hand while moving and while giving taunt fixed
  • Players can't pile backpacks inside of another backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.

• Magnum speedloader should be spawning now

• Number of backpacks spawning lowered

• Number of .357 Pythons spawning lowered.

• Number of M4A1s spawning lowered

• Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death

• Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine

this is all great, good job!

BUT..

Can we fix some of the outstanding bugs that seem to have made their way over from the mod?

Like zombies running through walls? And while we're on the subject of Zombies can we have more than half a dozen per town because without the zombies i'd be better off playing Arma3 wastelands or deathmatch.

To all that are complain:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Got a suggest? post in the correct topic let the devs work

DH i just have one thing to say, keep your plans and dont listen too much them, great work soo far

Edited by Gnaisse
  • Like 1

I dont like Chris Roberts, but... Look what he created with our money. Bought bigger buildings with big conference rooms, bought more than 50 programers and is informating us every few days with videos and posts.

What is Dean Hall doing with our money? Hanging around with 5 programers, going to holidays, no news.

Edited by Ha1
  • Like 1

What is Dean Hall doing with our money? Hanging around with 5 programers, going to holidays, no news.

you are just... omg i feel like... ungggghhhhhAAAAARGHHHH!

• Like 3

this is all great, good job!

BUT..

Can we fix some of the outstanding bugs that seem to have made their way over from the mod?

Like zombies running through walls? And while we're on the subject of Zombies can we have more than half a dozen per town because without the zombies i'd be better off playing Arma3 wastelands or deathmatch.

Do you follow the development much? All of your questions have been answered millions of times.

But for your benefit. Wall problems take time to fix. They're slowly updating collison objects for all buildings on an ongoing basis and are implementing them into the game oover time.

Seocndly, the amount of zombies in this build has been drastically cut down due to server strain, while they fine tune and analyze and optimize the server architecture in a real world scinario. The amount of zombies is deliberately tiny because of this, which, like the first point, take a long time to get in to a state applicable to public release branch.

If you had been following development you'd know these things already. Just because something isn't in the game 'right now' it doesn't mean they're not working on those things, this is an alpha, what you get to play is about 5% of what they actually have in house, as a series of branches specific to different mechanics.

patience man, and do a little reading up about the alpha you've chosen to participate in before deciding to post stuff like this in future. It gets a little tiring explaining this type of stuff to hundreds of people that are too lazy to kep up to date on whats going on.

• Like 1

you are just... omg i feel like... ungggghhhhhAAAAARGHHHH!

arguments pls, you freak

Edited by Ha1

arguments pls, you freak

I hope he's buying a ticket and flies to wherever you live so he can personally slap your face.

• Like 2

arguments pls, you freak

Uninstall game and delete yourself from this forum (or life if you're feeling adventurous) you freak

I wasn't going to read through 271 post's to see if it has been posted or not already. Thank's for noticing though. I appreciate it.

Here's the thing... there's this search bar at the top that allows you to search for a keyword within the topic rather than the whole forum. :o  Consider a single word or words that pertain to what you're looking for and search.  It will give you a list of people's posts (again, only from within this topic) that will potentially answer your question.

For example, I wanted to know the proposed location of Svetloyarsk, so I was able to browse just the posts that included the new city within the topic by searching for 'Svetloyarsk'

Not too hard.  :thumbsup:

I dont like Chris Roberts, but... Look what he created with our money. Bought bigger buildings with big conference rooms, bought more than 50 programers and is informating us every few days with videos and posts.

They changed to a larger office just a few months ago because they were increasing the size of the team, and now after the unexpected initial success Rocket has already stated they are looking at expanding some more.

Where does this idea come from that there's only 5 people working on the game? 

Just because only a few choose to be in the public eye doesn't mean there's not more people working behind the scenes.

There's at least 4 people working on the map alone

[–]rocket2guns 58 points

4 days  ago

Actually a little wrong. Originally it was one guy fulltime (senchi) on maps, with Ivan part/fulltime on map too. However there is Senchi and an American, fulltime, always (since about August). Plus we now have two other map designers fulltime also (from the A3 team). So thats FOUR fulltime map designers, being managed by Ivan.

We are constantly hiring new personnel. But the more people we hire, the more people we have to train which will drastically slow down development. A good example is the audio guy, who arrived right around the time of our release. I basically said hello to him, someone showed him his desk and then we told him we'd talk in a few days.

The key is not to get a whole bunch of people and throw them in, the key is to bring people, the right people, in a methodical way, equip them with the right tools, establish a clear and sensible plan, and then develop well. We are fully committed to all of this, now we have not just the resources but the mandate to do exactly what we want. This is the key. It's not so much the money, its what this means. It means it is a very good commercial success... which means DayZ (and other crazy game ideas I have) are now attractive propositions to investors.

source http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1v5plj/has_bohemia_announced_plans_to_expand_their_dev/

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

I hope that later with the cooking system, they allow you to make pie with all those picked berries :)

During a zombie apocalypse, all you need is pie to make your day a little better.

• Like 1

. Nobody supposed to be working this weekend

But Everybody's working for the weekend.

• Like 4

I was only saying yesterday if the next change log we saw was only like 3 lines id be very dissapointed due to how long weve waited.

This however is something i like! Looking forward to playing after the next update, hopefully it drops before me 4 off from work ends :) :P

Good job devs, especially looking forward to painting my mosin bright yellow so it matches the fireaxe on my back! :P

What kind of savage would paint their Mosin Nagant??

Hold somebody up, have a pink spray dose in your backpack, hand cuff them, feed them a rotten kiwi and spray theri mosin pink and take their pants ... muahahahahaha :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I totally agree, I'd really love to be able to pledge $1500 to DayZ, so I can always spawn with an AS-50.

Also for your giant Star Citizens pledges, you can run circles around your ships in a hanger.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1