rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

some serious engine optimization needs to be done before this game is ready for release... My rig should NOT be seeing below 30 FPS in cherno (or electro, or anywhere for that matter) I have tweaked the settings (and cfg files) and am headed to electro to see if it improved anything...

phenom II x6 1090T

8 GB ddr3 1333 ram

amd R9 270X

60 GB ssd

the processor sucks, i had it before too,  upgraded to 3570K last year, it feels 5 times better!

also the graphics card isn't the best, but this engine highly depends on cpu power in my experience

but overall, haven't heard of any rig that is able to stable run 50 fps + in towns, it sure is an engine problem

Edited by t4ks
  • Like 1

also, the isp is just fine, no packages lost, ping of 50 at 16k speed, no problems at anything but DayZ Sa.

Yea I was just wondering. Most people don't have different computers set up on different networks to test like this. 

There was a post on the DayZ sub-reddit claiming a quick fix to massive desync. Had something to do with deleting a local file. The file stores the data that displays your character on the main menu so I was unsure how this could effect in-game desync. Unless maybe it is writing to the file during game play and causing the issue. Check it out. 

This isn't the actual post, but a similar post.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1vh2sv/what_really_happens_when_you_delete_the/

• Like 1

is this an alpha within an alpha... inception alpha?  :P

Also, sawing open a tin of food? isn't that suicide? Get a hack saw, a piece of paper, a clean & empty tin. Saw in half, see how many pieces of metal you can catch on the paper.

People ram rotten fruit down others peoples throats, I'm sure they'll find a use for shrapnel and beans.

• Like 1

I really like the added touch of having almost the entire message in all caps, except for "on" - additionally the use of /// instead of the traditional ?!11!1 shows an added flair.

11/10 - would read post again.

In short, they shall come - when they are ready.

^^^lol, this made me wee myself a little :) ^^^

Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death

Isn't that going to keep people near the coast though? I thought the idea was to get folks all over the map. Changing the spawns to the east coast has populated NWAF again which in my experience was dead until those spawns were changed.

This is going to keep people away from NWAF for sure. A seasoned vet would be challenged to make it from the coast back to his dead body at NW before 10 minutes.

IMO, 15 minutes seems more appropriate.

I was wondering, the mod only allowed 144 heads alive/dead on a server before shit hit the fan. Has that number increased in SA or is it the same?

@ rocket

Hello mate, i made and registrate because i have 2 questions for you, my Friend.

1. I really love your Description @ FAQ at your first post.

But then i started to read the fixes and my mind was full of questions.

For example..

This is what i understand:

• Reduced dispersion of FNX45 (from 0.05 to 0.03)

This is what i don't understand:

• Player aim run speed updated 

Do u see what i did there? your giving information at the FNX45 (with details).

But u don't give details about how u update the run speed (Does this mean less rubberbanding?)

Is that something for us to figure out? is it meant to be updated when launched @ 24 january? What's the meaning?

And there are more without or not enough information.

Examples:

• Saline transfusion doesn't refill full blood
  • Balanced stomach capacity
  • Number of backpacks spawning lowered

• Number of .357 Pythons spawning lowered.

• Number of M4A1s spawning lowered

It can be just me but.. please describe everything or don't describe it at all.. and let us figure it out. that's what i'm pointing at now..

At the other annoucement i saw something about combat logging to be fixed will there be something for this also in this update?

or did i miss that point at your patch notes?

I'm not trying to irritate you, I'm just a wondering person. @ DayZ i do it too much, which kills me alot :$

Edited by heerrink

Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death

Isn't that going to keep people near the coast though? I thought the idea was to get folks all over the map. Changing the spawns to the east coast has populated NWAF (as well as other North Western regions) again which in my experience was dead until those spawns were changed.

This is going to keep people away from NWAF for sure. A seasoned vet would be challenged to make it from the coast back to his dead body at NW before 10 minutes. In the mod, players ran 1k meters in 3 RL minutes. Not sure on the actual distance from the coast to NW in SA (SA seems to move faster, nothing than my eye/gut to back it up)

IMO, 15-20 minutes seems more appropriate.

I was wondering, the mod only allowed 144 heads alive/dead on a server before shit hit the fan. Has that number increased in SA or is it the same?

Edited by Good Greef

the processor sucks, i had it before too,  upgraded to 3570K last year, it feels 5 times better!

also the graphics card isn't the best, but this engine highly depends on cpu power in my experience

but overall, haven't heard of any rig that is able to stable run 50 fps + in towns, it sure is an engine problem

i have seen no problems with mid range computer (500 Pound , 800 US i think) and as this is 'Alpha' don't kill me yet, when the game is done, computers that can run it well with be quite cheap :P

someone can do the moore's law thing if you want

• Like 1

Fixed:

• Player aim run speed updated, weapon position changed and improved for first person view

This is very worrying, why would you attempt to fix something that isn't broken? Furthmore, one of the main reasons I have stuck with BIS titles over the years is because they're one of the few devs who have perfect firstperson viewmodel placement with a realistic viewmodel fov.

How about 'fixing' something important like the horrendous mouse accel? The game desperately needs raw input already.

Edited by JCD

This is very worrying, why would you attempt to fix something that isn't broken? Furthmore, one of the main reasons I have stuck with BIS titles over the years is because they're one of the few devs who have perfect firstperson viewmodel placement with a realistic viewmodel fov.

How about 'fixing' something important like the horrendous mouse accel? The game desperately needs raw input already.

think they just adjusted the 'eye' memory point for the gun, so that it lines up better. dosen't effect how the bullet leaves the gun

Love the update  :thumbsup:

Any word on the location of Svetloyarsk? 

Will you still have a funny taste in my mouth?

Edited by GOD™

Branch:

• Experimental

ETA:

• Monday 20 January 2014, AM

Description:

This build is being tested on experimental branch, and contains a number of fixes and changes that have been in preparation for the last two weeks. Please note that we do not expect that this build will be quickly posted to stable branch as we anticipate at least one more update will occur to Experimental prior to being pushed to stable. Only a limited number of servers will be running this version, so be aware slots may be limited. Once we have confirmed this build is functioning correctly we will announce more information about the release to stable branch.

• What are experimental/stable branches?

In your steam application settings, you can choose a "beta branch". This allows you to opt in to our experimental branch to try it out.

• Does my saved character get affected in experimental branch?

No. It runs on a different database, so any changes will not affect your character on stable branch.

• I can't find a slot while on experimental branch!

Only a small number of servers run this branch. You will need to change your game back to the stable branch and play on a normal server

• Can I join a stable branch server wil experimental branch client?

No, you would need to change your client back to stable.

• When will this be in stable?

We expect stable to be updated before the end of that week (by Friday 24 January 2014).

Fixed:

• Niosh mask (respirator) inventory size fixed to 1/1 slot.
  • Missing strings for BE popup for alternate languages, set to English while translations are being done.
  • Balanced stomach capacity,
  • Added stuffed notifier (instead of sickness when full up)
  • Eating and drinking animations properly set for tablets/disinfectants

• Version number in server browser and details
  • Charcoal and Tetracycline tablets won't give sick badge if you aren't actually sick
  • Player aim run speed updated, weapon position changed and improved for first person view
  • Glitches on right hand while moving and while giving taunt fixed
  • Players can't pile backpacks inside of another backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.

• Magnum speedloader should be spawning now

• Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death

• Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine

New:

• Editable character name in main menu
  • Hive, mode and time columns in server browser
  • Database support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)
  • DayZServer.exe support for sub hives.
  • Signature verification against PBOs
  • Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns

• Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns

• Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns

• Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns

• Added hacksaw into the loot spawns

• Added shotgun into loot spawns

• Berry picking
  • Added Hacksaw into loot spawns
  • Saw-off shotgun recipe
  • Opening cans with saw
  • Painting Mosin now supported w/ spraypaint
  • Added spraypaint can into loot spawns

• Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)

:P

Edited by Sanitöter
  • Like 1

Love the update  :thumbsup:

Any word on the location of Svetloyarsk? 

May be wrong on this, but pretty sure it is up the east coast, far north. That is where they started adding a town, though it is currently unfinished. 

• Like 2

Branch:

• Experimental

ETA:

• Monday 20 January 2014, AM

Description:

This build is being tested on experimental branch, and contains a number of fixes and changes that have been in preparation for the last two weeks. Please note that we do not expect that this build will be quickly posted to stable branch as we anticipate at least one more update will occur to Experimental prior to being pushed to stable. Only a limited number of servers will be running this version, so be aware slots may be limited. Once we have confirmed this build is functioning correctly we will announce more information about the release to stable branch.

• What are experimental/stable branches?

In your steam application settings, you can choose a "beta branch". This allows you to opt in to our experimental branch to try it out.

• Does my saved character get affected in experimental branch?

No. It runs on a different database, so any changes will not affect your character on stable branch.

• I can't find a slot while on experimental branch!

Only a small number of servers run this branch. You will need to change your game back to the stable branch and play on a normal server

• Can I join a stable branch server wil experimental branch client?

No, you would need to change your client back to stable.

• When will this be in stable?

We expect stable to be updated before the end of that week (by Friday 24 January 2014).

Fixed:

• Niosh mask (respirator) inventory size fixed to 1/1 slot.
  • Missing strings for BE popup for alternate languages, set to English while translations are being done.
  • Balanced stomach capacity,
  • Added stuffed notifier (instead of sickness when full up)
  • Eating and drinking animations properly set for tablets/disinfectants

• Version number in server browser and details
  • Charcoal and Tetracycline tablets won't give sick badge if you aren't actually sick
  • Glitches on right hand while moving and while giving taunt fixed
  • Players can't pile backpacks inside of another backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.

• Magnum speedloader should be spawning now

• Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine

New:

• Editable character name in main menu
  • Hive, mode and time columns in server browser
  • Database support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)
  • DayZServer.exe support for sub hives.
  • Signature verification against PBOs
  • Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns

• Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns

• Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns

• Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns

• Added hacksaw into the loot spawns

• Added shotgun into loot spawns

• Berry picking
  • Added Hacksaw into loot spawns
  • Saw-off shotgun recipe
  • Opening cans with saw
  • Painting Mosin now supported w/ spraypaint
  • Added spraypaint can into loot spawns

• Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)

:P

they are so gonna face palm when they see that :p

• Like 1

Dear god... Is it the 24th yet? And I'm not sure about lowering m4 spawns... Took one of my clan mates on a search for an M4 yesterday and today that spanned 2 days, and 3 restarts over 12 hours (not actually played hours) each day... We just finally found one this morning after searching 3 military bases, and 2 airfields.

You are forgetting about the fact they are bring in shotguns finally too. Which I would take a shotgun over an m4, since the Mosin is so much better at taking players out

WOOT Shotgun and sawn off version!

Oh, you want to rob me all by yourself? Ok, only if you can SURVIVE MY SAWN OFF'S FURY!

guessing there will be a wipe when this hits normal servers, to add DB fields for spray paint 

So still got time to take some risk with what you have, before losing it to a wipe. (only a guess, and i mean when it rolled out as main patch)

Saline doesn't refill full blood? For fuck sake! Pretty soon there is going to be 0 ways to heal in this game without stealing everyone else's blood or waiting 76 hours for your character to be full from eating and drinking -_- 

Exactly how it should be imo. It shouldnt be easy to recover in a zombie apocalypse.

Still no enterable animals. I'm disappointed. The game needs enterable animals.

• Like 3

Still no enterable animals. I'm disappointed. The game needs enterable animals.

on step at a time :P

Added: still waiting for more bobble hats/tinfoil hats

Edited by Sooden

So we will hardly see any dead bodies from now on? Why? It´s always nice to check out some bodies and loot their stuff, please make the timer way longer or just remove it.

What was the previous despawn time?  I'd rather they stay there longer rather than sooner... it's always cool to find a body in the middle of the street and not know what the hell happened.  Puts me on edge :) 

• Like 1

Huzzah !!

I know you had mentioned that combat logging is also a priority - any chance this is being addressed in this patch?