scottishrebel

Update (16/1): Player Proximity DeSync Issue (Solutions/Workarounds!)

Proximity DeSync Investigation Part 2  

215 members have voted

1. 1. IF you have the DeSync issue, as described, Which anti-virus do you use?

• Kaspersky
    • AVG
    • Avast
    • Symantec (Norton)
    • Quick Heal
    • ESET
    • Microsoft Security Essentials (Active as your anti-virus)
    • McAfee
    • Avira
    • BitDefender
    • Bullguard
    • Dr.Web
    • Comodo
    • Other
    • No Anti-Virus Installed
  2. 2. In what category of server do you experience the issue?

• Current Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Current Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
  3. 3. If you recently had this issue but have managed to fix it (including Battleye Servers), Which option below fixed it?

• Disabling All/part of Anti-Virus or making tweaks to it
    • Making tweaks to your Home Network (LAN)
    • Validating DayZ files through Steam
    • Re-install of the game
    • Making changes to your PC (Editing Windows and Its features or ethernet Port adjustments etc)
    • It Magicaly Disappeared (You done Nothing)
    • Other
    • Not Fixed

I know it better. When I meet someone in server, I dont have desync. But when I meet my friends (In my country), it becomes very bad bad bad high desync: 100.000 and never go down. So I can't play with my friends.

I'm still having this very same problem.

Desynch on all servers again today, tested different hosters, cant even start to play as the initial desynch that occurs after connecting will never drop.

I have had this problem since I bought the game about 2,5 weeks ago. Since then I have seen slight improvements from not being able to play at all to being able to play when avoiding highly populated area's (cherno, elektro, etc.). When the patch came out yesterday everything was working fine for me, and for the first time I was able to play with my friends (group of 6 people) without desyncing, even when we entered highly populated area's and encountered other players. When I started to play again late at night (from around 01.00 to 03.00 UK time) the issue seemed to have come back, even though i was on my own on near emtpy server and not in any high populated area. Today it has just been unplayable for me, as I keep desyncing. An exact description of the problem for me:

1. Instead of showing a red or yellow chain (I do get those sometimes, but then I'm still able to interact with the server) I don't get anything. I'm just not able to interact with the server at all, this means I am unable to: open doors, jump/volt, move anything around in my inventory, putting anything in my hand, picking up loot. Again I do not get any chain (red or yellow) when this happens. 

2. Last time this happened I asked my friends to look at my ping, which was around 80, however my desync showed at 100.000 (I myself was not able to see this, as for me my ping showed 24 and desync 0). I could see my friends running but not going forward. The funny thing is that they could see my exact movements as i was doing them (standing up, crouching, rolling), so for them I was not desynced.

3. I have tried everything suggested in this topic (including deinstalling all anti-virus software, playing on non-battle-eye servers, disabling firewall) but nothing has helped so far.

To me it seems that this problem is caused by being unable to communicate with the hive for some reason. The weird thing is that other players do pick up my movement just fine so its not like I am invisibly desynced in a forest somewhere. I am not a technical guy so I would not have a clue how to fix this, hopefully the dev's can do something with the info i provided.

I have discovered the cause of my desync issue... My internet connection. I have fluctuating pings during peak times which causes the desync issues.

Today I took my PC to my girlfriends house and played the game on her connection. Ran perfectly fine without any issues!

Have you guys tested it on another internet connection? (Preferably one that you know works for someone else?)

Even if you think you have a decent connection, it's worth a try.

Have you guys tested it on another internet connection? (Preferably one that you know works for someone else?)

Even if you think you have a decent connection, it's worth a try.

Multiple ones, from the same location but different providers and different locations plus different providers.

And if my internet connection is running everything else, including games, fine and does not show any ping fluctuations i hardly doubt it is only my connection which causes this, specialy as the problem gets stronger the closer you come to another player. How would my internet know that.^^

It might be caused by the connection, but if thats the case, then only because something of the game does allow such minor fluctuations to actually effect it, while others dont... i would assume.

But assuming is easy... :/

Edited by SprStnd

its not the internet conections cuz we can play in another servers without friends, atleast i can.. When my friends show up.. the problems begins so.. its not the connection!.. 

Fair enough... It looks like mine was a different issue then, even though the symptoms were the same. Which kinda sucks for me because I have to change ISPs. Hope you guys have some luck sorting out this issue soon.

I am experiencing desync error. I can not jump on any server without getting 30k + desync. Started occuring about 1-2 weeks ago and have been unable to do anything. Kind of stuck at the top of Klen.
Running in Intel / Intel, Windows 7 x64 with Microsoft Security Essentials active.
I have tried everything between resetting router to default and reinstalling wireless drivers on my PC.

I really want a fix for this so I can play.

How do you measure desync?

Seems to be mostly affecting people with lower than 20-30 forum posts, weird

I have desync sometimes, but not enough to be really anoying. It seems to be every other day. One day i'll be fine, next day is unplayable. Day after is fine again. 

I always play on the same server, and use AVG for security.

Im having issues with desync too, opened ports for steam, firewalls off (both router and os) anti virus off, using a 10 meg Adsl connection with 0 issues with connections.  I cant play on battleye servers because of 100000 desync issues, if i use the test versions that do not use battleye i dont have desync....  anyone else with desync try using a non battleye server, although i believe you wont be able to keep the same character :(

Still having desync issues, 100k desync nearly all the time. Threw all yellow containers, ammo boxes and med kits, no improvement. Killed myself but still had the issue on a fresh spawn. Game is unplayable. What is the point of getting an alpha to help test the game when it is unplayable? This should be no.1 on the list of things that needs to be done.

• Like 1

Played today on a BE server (rubberbanding) with only one friend (tend to play in a four man squad) and little desync occured.  It seems to be when more people join i get the 100k desync (please note my ping is about 22.

We are about 12 members using the same server.

Those members who get the desync problems (100k sometimes) is those who have #login as admins

Have solved my desync issues. Anyone want me to post the solution up?

Would you be kind enough to do so please?

As the purpose of this thread is to find ways to solve our issues, please go ahead. ;)

• Like 1

so two of my friends got the desync with friends issue, they can't play because of massive desync (can't take items and can't see other players moving). The source of friend#1 is friend#2 and for friend#2 I still don't exactly know ... so that issue is one friend in the same network bubble and maybe some game areas ...  I will further investigate and make a more detailled report. If they got the desync issue it doesn't help if the source is leaving (server or network bubble), the person with the issue has to reconnect and the issue source has to be out of the network bubble. Both players have not the strongest systems (friend#1 dual-core amd and friend#2 a dual core from intel, also the graphic cards of both aren't that strong but strong enough to play... also it worked to play together in the beginning of january ... [same team]) The internet connection can't be the source of that issue because one person is using the SAME connection as mine and I'm not experiencing that issue while the other person got a ping rising to 800 I got a sweet 8 ...

The source also can't be something like same connection because friend#1 got the issue everytime if friend#2 is joining, doesn't matter if I'm in or not... We also tried yesterday to upgrade the battleeye client to the newest version ... seemed to be a bit better but still unplayable... (just friend#1 and #2 upgraded the be client ...).

Hope my report will help to fix the issue ...

Just a quick question, are the guys that get the desync issues playing at a heavy traffic time?  Ive noticed yesterday my ping to bbc.co.uk went from 15ms to well over 250ms at a heavy traffic time.  This caused my desync and ofcourse made the game unplayable.  I will watch it tonight to see what happens but maybe a few of you guys are experiencing the same issue?  It also doesnt matter if your on superfast broadband as i have read some guys getting just 2meg line on a 100meg connection during peak time hours!  Good old British internet!!! 

Would you be kind enough to do so please?

As the purpose of this thread is to find ways to solve our issues, please go ahead. ;)

I took a while to reply because I wanted to make sure that the solution worked (it did, 5 days with 0 desync) and I tried to replicate the solution for another group of friends. It worked. I tried every solution that  this thread provided. None worked. I then worked backwards and figured out when the desync issues started. I was able to pinpoint when it started to when I found a dead player and looted his items. That was mid day and there were no issues before that. I recalled I had huge desync issues later in the day after looting the player. Only thing out of the ordinary for the day was I looted the player's items.

These are some things to take note (please note the causes might NOT be the same for everyone).

1. I travelled in a group. This desync issues seem to be player specific. Some players are not affected by it. I tested the solution on 2 different group of 2 players, each group contained 1 player with no issues and 1 that had issues.

2. A huge probable cause after checking my facts out was that items looted from a dead player might be causing desync. This desync is player specific, like previously stated it does not happen to everyone. 2 of us looted from a dead player. My desync shot up, the other guy didn't. I threw away every item I looted from the dead player. Improved when I was alone, when I came close to the other friend who looted the same dead guy, desync went up to 100l (that would be your player proximity issue). Also found some weird things, bullets picked up from the dead guy were pristine on my screen when I threw them away. Friend picked up and condition was ruined.

3. I killed myself, started out fresh. No issues after respawn. Desync shot up to 100k once I came close to that friend (he still had the looted items from the dead player).

4. Friend killed himself. I did so too. Best thing to do imo to make sure you're clean of the bugged items. No issues since.

5. Tested it on another set of 2 players, 1 with the issue and 1 without. Both had also looted items in a similar way. I had the player with no issue throw every item away that was looted he could remember which with 100% accuracy). The other friend had no issue since.

6. I did not loot any more items from dead bodies. Used what my friend and I had found. Desync stayed at 0 the entire week.

7. Throwing just the ammo box, protector cases etc did not work. The second set of friends threw EVERY item looted from players that they had.

8. Ping is not related to this desync issue. I tested this in servers ranging from 10 to 300 ping. However, if your internet connection is not stable, you MIGHT get desync issues. Just that you're still able to interact and it settles down after for a while, instead of staying at 100k. That being said, the speedtest for my group is 105mbps down 60 up for one of us and about 70 down and 50 up for the other.

Other things I did in between that I'm not sure it helped: turning off anti virus, reinstalling the game.

Therefore, for my case and the other friend, we isolated it to 'bugged' items looting from dead bodies to be causing the desync. Whether those items were bugged, or that the items failed to sync with the hive well when it transferred to us I don't know. This issue has been 100% solved for me. My friend and I tested various scenarios before finally killing ourselves to be 100% sure we don't have looted items, and have been gaming fine till now. What I can also say is that both of us spent a lot of time and effort into isolating this issue and finally solving it. Killing ourselves meant losing characters that were so fully stocked and equipped, but having a better gaming experience with my friend more than made up for it. I'll suggest players who have this issue to recall if the circumstances leading up to the issue are similar and if so, I would suggest fixing it the same way I did.

On a side note, I discovered a glitch by accident (I could go through a wall and still maintain full visibility, sometimes I just spawned inside a wall and have full visibility. Cannot fire at players though) and decided to see if I can replicate it and if the glitch affects any game play experiences. Some players saw me doing so and threatened to report me. Should I be worried?

Edited by mage_3719
  • Like 2

Its not the corpse looting for many of us.  It absolutely has something to do with battleeye.  Since none of us had this issue before battle eye was implemented and now any of us that play on test servers have no desync at all.  Hopefully this soon get put at the #1 priority spot cause most of us cant play on the regular servers because of this almost 2 month long problem.