scottishrebel

Update (16/1): Player Proximity DeSync Issue (Solutions/Workarounds!)

Proximity DeSync Investigation Part 2  

215 members have voted

1. 1. IF you have the DeSync issue, as described, Which anti-virus do you use?

• Kaspersky
    • AVG
    • Avast
    • Symantec (Norton)
    • Quick Heal
    • ESET
    • Microsoft Security Essentials (Active as your anti-virus)
    • McAfee
    • Avira
    • BitDefender
    • Bullguard
    • Dr.Web
    • Comodo
    • Other
    • No Anti-Virus Installed
  2. 2. In what category of server do you experience the issue?

• Current Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Current Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
  3. 3. If you recently had this issue but have managed to fix it (including Battleye Servers), Which option below fixed it?

• Disabling All/part of Anti-Virus or making tweaks to it
    • Making tweaks to your Home Network (LAN)
    • Validating DayZ files through Steam
    • Re-install of the game
    • Making changes to your PC (Editing Windows and Its features or ethernet Port adjustments etc)
    • It Magicaly Disappeared (You done Nothing)
    • Other
    • Not Fixed

Like I said, there could be other reasons. I effectively spent hours and hours finding the cause and solution for myself. It worked for another group. Sorry to say I can't help if there is an issue with BE.

Only difference between the test servers and the main servers is BE.   So it 100 percent proves the problem to me.  I dont have a single bit ever on test.  Cannot even get near ANY player on the main servers without full desync.

Edited by Slaughterhouse

I get random spells of really bad desync , when the symbol for red or yellow appears it is manageable but when I run around with no warning until I try open a door and the arrows don't appear .... I often log back in as a new spawn or mysterious bleeding effects which is rather frustrating. It seems that it occurs most often around players AND zombies .

I have no anti virus , I have tried at different locations on different lines ,every different South African  server available, changed around all firewall setting etc , my ping is fine and this happens even on empty servers with no containers in my bag/pockets . I also know ALOT of my friends and people I've met have this same problem but don't Report it , It would be nice to get some official Recognition that this issue is being looked into ? (I play alot of online games and I don't have this with any others )

Hope my info Helped in some way .

Edited by Paper Tiger

Короче удалил антивирус, пропала 

Рассинхронизация, было до это го FPS 15-25, а сейчас FPS 100, удаляйте антивирус 

I have just now done some of my own testing after reading through your post. I've been getting terrible desync for a while now but never really got into working it out, figured it was just my current Internet due to the desync starting when I changed (to a much worse) location. To clarify, by desync I mean I get nothing back from the server. People see me moving around and interacting, and anything I try to pickup is with me next time I log in. Then there's the 0.0.0 ping, bandwidth and desync, although friends tell me i'm on bad ping and bandwidth and 100000 desync.

I fresh spawned into 2 hardcore servers and all was fine. Then back into a regular server where I have been geared up and going for a few weeks, and while desynced (logged in desynced) I moved out to a remote location, dropped EVERYTHING, then moved about 300m away. Relogged into the same server and no desync. But, once I got near my pile of gear I started to desync again. So I moved away towards neaf, relogged again into the same server and had no desync. Moved into the loot spawns at the airfield, began to gear up and ran fine with no desync.

So, looking at that it seems like it was something I had on me. Unsure whether it was from body looting or not but I'll be trying that out anyway.

I believe you have looted someone sometime ago. I could pinpoint my issue to looting because I killed a fully geared player and looted him. After that the desync problems started happening. It has been nearly two weeks. Still no issues at all.

This desync issue doesn't seem to be related to ping. Note that you can have some desync if your internet connection isn't stable, but still it won't be 100k all the time, and you're able to interact. I have 100+mbps down and 60mbps up on my last speedtest. I doubt internet connectivity is an issue here.

EDIT: If you're having desync issues you'll see bandwidth, ping, and desync as 0, 0, 0

Edited by mage_3719

My ping's usually under 50ms on Aus servers, and tonight I played for about 2 hours with no desync. Killed a guy who logged in right behind me as I was closing a door and took only his .45 ammo and nothing bad came of it (except his death). I'll get a little more adventurous and grab some big stuff next time and see what happens. Geared up pretty heavily now too from loot spawns so at least I know what works for me at the moment.

I have to agree with mage_3719 with this. I've had the freezing proximity desync issue twice now, first time it disappeared after fixing around with containers and dropping some items while at it. Second time it appeared while I cannot pinpoint exactly what I've picked up, I'm 99% sure that it's some item me or my friend has looted. I could also play just fine whenever my friend wasn't online, but as soon as he logged near me, the desync appeared. We changed from regular to hardcore, met and had no issues whatsoever. I'll try stripping our regular hive characters of loot as well, see if that works.

We also got the freezing desync at one point on HC hive after looting a bandit corpse. Few moments after that we got killed, respawned and met, no items, no desync. In my opinion this has something to do with both Battleye proximity scan and nearby player carrying in someway corrupted loot. What I think everyone with the desync issue should try now is stripping the loot or trying different hive. We should also test whether dropping the items will work instantly or do you require relog in between to fix the desync after the item possibly causing the issue has been dropped.

What Beno_83au also said is both interesting and worrying, since desync only disappeared after he moved away from dropped, possibly corrupted loot. Was that loot perhaps in a container? Could it be corrupted loot carried by player, and corrupted loot held inside a container in some building (for example camo, hospital, etc) could both cause the proximity issue? What also makes it worrying is that in some cases player carrying the loot (possibly just in some slot and not inside another container in his backbag for example) seems to be unaffected by the desync himself. I don't want to paint a dark picture here but think of possible devious uses of such bug/clitch in wrong hands, you'd be able to freeze the world from everyone nearby, then just pick them out while they can't do anything.

Tell me what you guys think, and I hope stripping the loot will remove the issue.

From what I see on my side, the desync happens due to proximity with corrupted loot. This results in issues due to player proximity because players themselves are carrying the loot (you would need to throw the items and go some distance away. I tried that after throwing the items on the ground and there were issues when I got close). However, some players are not affected by it. My suggestion is to just throw away any loot you think that you have looted, or to kill yourself and start afresh. I killed myself and it was well worth it.The corrupted loot seemed to come from looting dead players only. I don't have issues looting items anywhere else, including exchanging items with my friend.

Before I solved the issue, I noticed something weird. Rifle ammo showing as pristine on the desynced player. When a player with no issues picked it up, the condition was ruined.

Could everyone that still has this issue check if there is any improvement with the new BE Client version (1.209)?

Dont know whats up with mine i can be a fresh spawn and be running totally fine until i get near any player and cant do anything at all just full desync immediately.  Very annoying.

With regards to the proximity issue, I've had mates next to me when i'm desyncing and they've been fine. Maybe there's a few different issues playing havoc here. Haven't been on to check the newest version though.... work.

Game is completely unplayable. I get it, its alpha so don't take this as a you guys suck cause the game is awesome. I am just saying I can't play anymore till this is fixed. I have tested everything you guys have suggested. Everything! and in combinations as well. Hope this gets fixed soon so I can play again. I filed out the poll but here are my specs.

Win 7 64

i7 2700

16 gigs memory

2 gtx 580's in SLI with 3 gig on each card.

1 gtx 470 dedicated to physx

Edited by zainredding

Could everyone that still has this issue check if there is any improvement with the new BE Client version (1.209)?

Been on for the last 1 1/2 hours on three different servers. First server someone logged on near me and gave me some desync for about half a minute, then he killed me but the desync had cleared up by then. Second server I found a dead player and took their stuff (which amounted to an axe, backpack, spray cans etc) but was rubber banding in small amounts and pretty often, about once or twice a minute, before and after the dead player. I got desynced before the body looting but that cleared after I ran off. Relogged into a third server and ran fine. No new gear and no rubberbanding, and continuing on my merry way.

Been on for the last 1 1/2 hours on three different servers. First server someone logged on near me and gave me some desync for about half a minute, then he killed me but the desync had cleared up by then. Second server I found a dead player and took their stuff (which amounted to an axe, backpack, spray cans etc) but was rubber banding in small amounts and pretty often, about once or twice a minute, before and after the dead player. I got desynced before the body looting but that cleared after I ran off. Relogged into a third server and ran fine. No new gear and no rubberbanding, and continuing on my merry way.

Was it generally better than before the BE update?

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'd appreciate if more people could post their current experiences.

Edited by BEdev-Sable

It has definitely been better. I haven't been able to play this smoothly for a while. Haven't seen any other bodies to loot besides that one dead player, and I'm keeping my eyes open for a Pelican case, but I've been able to play on every server I've been in, as opposed to around 1/20 working for me.

Ok so I posted before and am still having bad desync issues(as of last night). The thing is when I logged into a hard core server(and I tested it on several) the issue was incredibly reduced. Still there but barely noticeable. Went back into regular server and asstastic. I tried it on a few reg servers and gave up. I am not sure if anyone else has tried this?

Ok so I posted before and am still having bad desync issues(as of last night). The thing is when I logged into a hard core server(and I tested it on several) the issue was incredibly reduced. Still there but barely noticeable. Went back into regular server and asstastic. I tried it on a few reg servers and gave up. I am not sure if anyone else has tried this?

Did you try any of the things that me and/or mage posted about? The thing that worked for me was ditching everything I had and start looting fresh spawned loot (after a relog).

As for the hardcore thing, I had the same result, and I put that down to being a fresh spawn on hardcore at the time, and so hadn't looted anything yet. Give ditching your gear a go.

edit: Sorry, read your other post about trying it all. I'll leave this here anyways, someone else might find it helpful.

Edited by beno_83au

Well I did not try the ditching my gear and I really don't want to.

Gear's gear mate, you'll loose it eventually and get it back easily enough. I was decked out when I decided to ditch all my stuff. But, if you're that worried about your gear just do what I did. Find a low pop server, get to a remote area or somewhere no one is likely to visit then drop everything (down to your undies). Then move a couple hundred metres away, relog into the same server and see how it runs. I did that and it ran fine, but, as I said, when I approached my gear that I'd dropped (hence logging back into the same server) I got desynced, so I logged and started looting fresh.

#1 rule of dayz?....... Just ditch your gear and see how it goes. There's no point having uber 1337 gearz when you can't even use it. I did it, and 30 minutes later I was back to where I was and even killed (what I suspected was) a loot hopper. Couldn't do that with the desync.

Edited by beno_83au

I'm still having the desync issue. The only fix i've found is to play with minimal self found gear. I mean only pants and jacket with some stuff inside and an axe. More gear means a very high desync probability when i have other players nearby.

Last night I had several close range encounters and only 2 players caused me desync. I was even talking with some guy right near me for a couple minutes when someone else came near us and caused me to desync.

Before that I bumped into 2 Axe wielding players on the coast near komarova and killed them both without any desync. Then grabbed a morphine pen off one and by the time I got into komarovo I'd desynced. Got rid of the morphine and I was good again. But then later in elektro I traded with a guy and got some rice off him and I've had it since, no dramas.

Kinda confused, but sticking to looting fresh spawned gear seems to keep the balance for the most part