scottishrebel

Update (16/1): Player Proximity DeSync Issue (Solutions/Workarounds!)

Proximity DeSync Investigation Part 2  

215 members have voted

1. 1. IF you have the DeSync issue, as described, Which anti-virus do you use?

• Kaspersky
    • AVG
    • Avast
    • Symantec (Norton)
    • Quick Heal
    • ESET
    • Microsoft Security Essentials (Active as your anti-virus)
    • McAfee
    • Avira
    • BitDefender
    • Bullguard
    • Dr.Web
    • Comodo
    • Other
    • No Anti-Virus Installed
  2. 2. In what category of server do you experience the issue?

• Current Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Current Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
  3. 3. If you recently had this issue but have managed to fix it (including Battleye Servers), Which option below fixed it?

• Disabling All/part of Anti-Virus or making tweaks to it
    • Making tweaks to your Home Network (LAN)
    • Validating DayZ files through Steam
    • Re-install of the game
    • Making changes to your PC (Editing Windows and Its features or ethernet Port adjustments etc)
    • It Magicaly Disappeared (You done Nothing)
    • Other
    • Not Fixed

I was able to remove my medkit, 2 cases, and the ammo box each contained, and after doing so i relogged to find my desync had dissapeared. I am not quite sure how long i've had them on me, but ill live without them. I got a good hour in which I found lots of water in the north woods. I will have to see if it holds up to the test of time though, it sounds like its only a fix for a few hours. Fingers crossed! 

I was able to remove my medkit, 2 cases, and the ammo box each contained, and after doing so i relogged to find my desync had dissapeared. I am not quite sure how long i've had them on me, but ill live without them. I got a good hour in which I found lots of water in the north woods. I will have to see if it holds up to the test of time though, it sounds like its only a fix for a few hours. Fingers crossed! 

Containers are definitely not the issue at hand. This is obvious from the fact that all kinds of players, including fresh spawns, are affected by the problem. I'm growing increasingly convinced that the bug has to do with players being in your vicinity. Tonight, on low-populations servers in which I am confident no one else is nearby, I have not experienced the issue. Whenever I see someone, I desync soon after, and often end up dead.

Containers are definitely not the issue at hand. This is obvious from the fact that all kinds of players, including fresh spawns, are affected by the problem. I'm growing increasingly convinced that the bug has to do with players being in your vicinity. Tonight, on low-populations servers in which I am confident no one else is nearby, I have not experienced the issue. Whenever I see someone, I desync soon after, and often end up dead.

I've played with friends, who carry containers, on Not-BE servers without having issues. On BE servers i'm still getting high desinc as i spawn near them or get close to them (4-5 players).

Sometimes i see all players values in the list set to zero(mine included) and it took ages for the list to update or it doesn't update at all. This is not true if i am the first to join a server. Always playing with friends.

Edited by Mr Hyde

Here some facts:

- Antivirus isn't the cause,

because me and a member of my community had the issue at same time, i don't used a Antivirus and he used AVG. (We have same Hardware and same Windows)

- Internet Service Provider isn't the cause,

because i took my computer and spent a weekend with the community member (from part one). At afternoon he had the issue i dont had. (Internet connection 32k).

At early morning (3am) we both aren't had the issue.

- I think BE isn't the issue,

because we tried be and no-be servers and issue always appeared to someone of the group.

(we always playing in a 5 to 9 member group)

(on afternoon or evening always someone have the issue, on early morning we never had the issue)

(the issue also apeared without protection and ammo-boxes, nobody in our group had one)

Edited by DarkSoe

I'm growing increasingly convinced that the bug has to do with players being in your vicinity.

Right, that's what my investigation has shown as well. The game's bandwidth usage increases drastically when being close to other players. I found that BE currently can be negatively affected by this on certain systems (security/anti-virus software can play a role too), which will be fixed in the next BE Client update. For now I have disabled the parts that could have an impact on desync, so if you still have issues it's likely not related to BE.

Could those that still had desync problems on BE servers yesterday check again today?

yeah, i will give it a try today, but i dont think so, it apears on no-be servers to.

so if it is better, be is only a smal part of the issue

Edited by DarkSoe

Right, that's what my investigation has shown as well. The game's bandwidth usage increases drastically when being close to other players. I found that BE currently can be negatively affected by this on certain systems (security/anti-virus software can play a role too), which will be fixed in the next BE Client update. For now I have disabled the parts that could have an impact on desync, so if you still have issues it's likely not related to BE.

Could those that still had desync problems on BE servers yesterday check again today?

Looking at the table/list of players i usually(yesterday and past days) can see that my bandwidth values are lower than those of my friends, while i have desinc issues and i'm close to them. Later I will check if i still have desinc.

Edited by Mr Hyde

yeah, i will give it a try today, but i dont think so, it apears on no-be servers to.

so if it is better, be is only a smal part of the issue

Indeed, thanks for confirming.

I'll be playing later tonight with my squad, I'll post the results here afterwards.

Today I' ve done some tests with 1-2 friends and i was able to join their server(multiple times) without getting high desinc as soon as i spawned. However, i still had high desinc twice at some random point during the session.

I will do some test with 5 people tonight

Ran with a small squad of 3 people for about 4-5 hrs during peak times and didn't have any issues like I had been experiencing before. So between uninstalling AVG and the changes you made to BE I've seen a dramatic improvement.

However as I browse this thread I see a number of people still reporting these same issues. I'll continue to test and report back as needed.

going to log in now and try it out.. will post my results after...

Could i remind everyone that you spawn in with 100k desync which clears shortly afterwards and also throughout your time on the server yourself and other people will experience what i call "natural" desync which:

• Should last no more than a couple of minutes,
  • Should not happen frequenetly (like every 10min or constant) and
  • Your ping should not spike up from what is normal for you. E.g you get around 20-40 ping on server but you desync for about 15-60 seconds at random but very infrequent and your ping stays at 20-40 during this time.

The issue being discussed in this topic is someone who gets a constant 1-100K desync with a spiked ping (Generally 200+) and is unable to see other players movements or intereact with the world.

There is plenty of feedback of Anti-Virus removal being a fix so should never be ruled out until tried. People are being affected by different causes no matter how similar your systems are and in many cases it appears that pople have a combination of causes that all need to be resolved before the issue subsides. I still believe we have not found some other causes which are affecting a smaller number of people.

Battleye fixes implemented yesterday seem to have fixed the issue for many but by no way means its fixed for all for the combination of issues as ive already mentioned.

It's a lot better, but i am still getting the issue, but i can actually open doors and interact with things today which i couldn't yesterday, but i still keep freezing but not as much.

I think I've got the problem too - as soon as I enter most servers during peak hours (late afternoon-early night) I can't do anything - my weapon won't go into my hands, I can't drop things or use them via context menu in inventory, and for at least 1-2 minutes I have blank hotkey bar (it tends to appear aftwards, but there's still no reaction from my character). There are couple things not mentioned in this thread (or ones I missed...), that are quite unique:

1) The one server that's never affected, regardless of population is UK Survival (109.236.82.169:2802)
2) Some very low pop servers work for me during peak hours

3) Pretty much every single server works like a charm at 5AM in the morning on workday, even if it's 40/40 full on deathmatch with 20 people in my 'network bubble'.

I couldn't find any correlation between the issue and reinstalling DayZ, validating, updating BE manually, router, modem, ISP, anti-virus software, or nesting in my backpack.

Could i remind everyone that you spawn in with 100k desync which clears shortly afterwards and also throughout your time on the server yourself and other people will experience what i call "natural" desync which:

• Should last no more than a couple of minutes,
  • Should not happen frequenetly (like every 10min or constant) and
  • Your ping should not spike up from what is normal for you. E.g you get around 20-40 ping on server but you desync for about 15-60 seconds at random but very infrequent and your ping stays at 20-40 during this time.

The issue being discussed in this topic is someone who gets a constant 1-100K desync with a spiked ping (Generally 200+) and is unable to see other players movements or intereact with the world.

There is plenty of feedback of Anti-Virus removal being a fix so should never be ruled out until tried. People are being affected by different causes no matter how similar your systems are and in many cases it appears that pople have a combination of causes that all need to be resolved before the issue subsides. I still believe we have not found some other causes which are affecting a smaller number of people.

Battleye fixes implemented yesterday seem to have fixed the issue for many but by no way means its fixed for all for the combination of issues as ive already mentioned.

if you look, the screenshot didnt show me, its a community member and its not the join desync. he played there for 30 minutes.

and it isnt my login desync, befor doint this screenshot i also played 5 minutes. 

he told me that he cant open doors at this moment and i made a screenshod of the desync to post it here.

it's all of a sudden came back with a vengeance and i'm randomly appearing in buildings and stuff.. still not sorted.. have no anti virus, so that can't be the problem.. I've reinstalled BE, i've verified my game files, so it can't be an anti virus issue at least for me..

I turned my firewall off (zonealarm) and the game works perfect for me now..

Could you guys specifically tell me if it's better for you (and others) today than what it was like yesterday? I know it's generally better than a few days ago, but at this point I'm mainly looking for comparisons to yesterday.

Edited by BEdev-Sable

After BattlEye parts disabled, my game is normal and stable now. Desync problem is gone. Thanks for intervention. BattlEye will be more stabilized for users at next patches, I hope.

BattEye was part of problems, but it is not only cause. Informations from players and forums are:

- Firstly, BattlEye of course... (For example, me and some of my friends. We are fine now.)

- (Using) some Antivirus and Firewall softwares. (But this programs are not wierd ones. millions downloaded and having too much users)

- Keeping one of these in your bags: first aid, ammo box and yellow protection box.

- When an item that cloned was around (not need to be close).

- Being at some certain points. (Big cities and places that having many objects.)

- Being at crowd servers.

Edited by Totomushen
  • Like 1

After BattlEye parts disabled, my game is normal and stable now. Desync problem is gone.

Did you test yesterday (after my first post about the changes) as well?