scottishrebel

Update (16/1): Player Proximity DeSync Issue (Solutions/Workarounds!)

Proximity DeSync Investigation Part 2  

215 members have voted

1. 1. IF you have the DeSync issue, as described, Which anti-virus do you use?

• Kaspersky
    • AVG
    • Avast
    • Symantec (Norton)
    • Quick Heal
    • ESET
    • Microsoft Security Essentials (Active as your anti-virus)
    • McAfee
    • Avira
    • BitDefender
    • Bullguard
    • Dr.Web
    • Comodo
    • Other
    • No Anti-Virus Installed
  2. 2. In what category of server do you experience the issue?

• Current Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Current Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
  3. 3. If you recently had this issue but have managed to fix it (including Battleye Servers), Which option below fixed it?

• Disabling All/part of Anti-Virus or making tweaks to it
    • Making tweaks to your Home Network (LAN)
    • Validating DayZ files through Steam
    • Re-install of the game
    • Making changes to your PC (Editing Windows and Its features or ethernet Port adjustments etc)
    • It Magicaly Disappeared (You done Nothing)
    • Other
    • Not Fixed

Im having the same issue too, its just when im playing with my friends that i have in steam.. when im playing alone in a server low or high pop.. no desync at all.. Please a Response, or tell us something about it.. i cannot play =( thats really frustrating pz.

The situation is greatly improved from the way it was, to be sure. I only have serious desync issues during prime-time hours now, and only when I am in areas that are close to multiple other players. I don't think BattlEye is still at fault, here, necessarily.

At the moment, and only since this morning, i am able to connect and play very good using stable battleye enabled servers.

Instantly after connecting my ping is at 60, no desynch, low-mid bandwidth use, there was only a single desynch spike of 4k for a couple of seconds long after connecting, looks like an improvement till now.

Edited: Did meet up with a friend on a BE enabled server (15-20 players) and could more or less play with him, sometimes bad desynch of 20k or 100k for some moments.

No problems when i did stay 40 meters away from him, he has 1 ammobox, 1protective case and 2 medipacks in his backpack, i still dont use any container item but carry 2 rifles.

When i was alone again i did meet 2 random guys on the airfield, on the first one i had the yellow chainlink showing up for one moment very short time before he reached my position, but had no input delay problems, the second guy caused no desynch at all to me.

For everyone still having problems, i did read something about deleting your *Name*.vars.DayZProfile file from the "DayZ other Profiles" folder inside your Documents might fix desynch in some cases. Did not help me last night though.

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1vh2sv/what_really_happens_when_you_delete_the/

Edited by SprStnd
  • Like 1

Nope i dont found any statement to it yet on any of the available sources, which is a shame and makes me feel ignored. If i missed something plz hit me with a link.

After i could play with a friend for like another 4 hours today, problems came back... without any obvious reason. 

We did not change server, did not take any loot at all beside replacing food we ate, we did not dublicate our characters nor used container inception of any kind.

Even on other servers it staid the same, internet connection was fine at the same time, no packages lost and a ping of 55...

Im near to give it the finger and come back in a half year as i got no single statement on this issue in about 2 weeks which is just insulting me as customer... but then, in a half year, you will probably have zombies acting like in the mod, which makes you kill them inside frikkin houses or make you run throu the whole town cournering houses to make everyone see your position... which feels very broken and is more of trolling yourself than a serious try to survive.

I dont expect an instant fix or anything like that, but some little information or a sign that someone actually cares for the problem we have, i dont think its too much to ask for.

And no, a single guy saying he did change something on the BE side of things and asking back if it did help anything without any additional informations is not the real deal!

Reasons for Editing: Grammar and Typos.

Edited by SprStnd
  • Like 2

I dont expect an instant fix or anything like that but some little information or a sign that someone cares for it, i dont think its too much to ask for.

And no, a single guy saying he did change something on the BE side of things and asking back if it did help anything without any additional informations is not the real deal!

Trust me Im kinda feeling the same way that you.. We need to know something, i cant even play... we just want some info about it cuz theres not just one person having this problem so many ppl got it. Please tell us something about this terrible issue.!

• Like 1

Im near to give it the finger and come back in a half year as i got no single statement on this issue in about 2 weeks which is just insulting me as customer...

Thats pretty mutch what i do currently. Sorry but dayz isnt alpha or pre alpha. It merely is a framework of what might once become a acceptable game. Roughtly 2-3 years of development have been put into the mod, might have been that it only was a single person but progress was very slow and infrequent if at all existing. Now about 20.000.000$ have been gone into their pockets and one would expect that they (yes they, the now grown team of developers) focus on fixing what is broken first before adding new content. Well the information policy shows that this is wrong and my idea of turning my back on dayz is the right choice.

• Like 1

some container items are glitched. have done 34+ hours of experimenting with multiple containers such as ammo boxes, protractors, first aid kits. and have found that some tho it is unclear what makes them glitch is the reason why moving items in inventory and readying a weapon and or moving when other players are near doesn't work correctly. hope this make sense and helps someone.

May I ask if anyone here experienced any improvements regarding this issue within the last 24 hours? That's how long BE is completely down so far (see the news post on http://www.battleye.com/).

May I ask if anyone here experienced any improvements regarding this issue within the last 24 hours? That's how long BE is completely down so far (see the news post on http://www.battleye.com/).

Played already for an hour and i've experienced desync in both servers i was playing on. They were full 40/40 servers and i had 3-5 people nearby(less than 200 meters) for most of the time. Desync happens during spawn and later as well.

I will update this post later.

Edited by Mr Hyde

In First, Thank You for the Information! Not the Person/Group i would have expected or awaited it from but still! Thanks.

Yesterday i was indeed able to play without any desynch at all, and i mean no single second of desynch! Not even directly after connecting in the vicinity of 4 friends, which was completly impossible whenever i tried this in front. No matter how populated the server was or how many people i did meet and/or killed. I did even test it to the max and run down to elektro at a full server, to have a try at Hospital campers occupants*, a group of 10 ppl came across me and my 4 friends....no desynch. 

I am not saying that this is a proof for Battleye being at fault but this is what i did observe.

Still it makes the argument "battleye uses so little traffic it can't even cause any desnych" look a little laughable from my non-professional point of view.

Once again, Please excuse any bad english grammar. :/

Edited by SprStnd

I am not saying that this is a proof for Battleye being at fault but this is what i did observe.

Still it makes the argument "battleye uses so little traffic it can't even cause any desnych" look a little laughable from my non-professional point of view.

BE's bandwidth usage definitely has nothing to do with this.

So you experienced desync every single day before that?

• Like 1

BE's bandwidth usage definitely has nothing to do with this.

So you experienced desync every single day before that?

Yes, every single day on every single server that was using Battleye, unrelated to its population, sometimes more sometimes less of course,

but even the smallest spectated ammount still had a game breaking size of desynch to me.

High populated servers where worse than low populated. The only exception from this was the 18. january, like i described in my post from that day.

And as i said non-professional point of view, i have no valid argues or knowledge to claim it would be battleyes bandwidth usage, nor the intention to do so, i only tried to state my naive impressions.^^

Edited by SprStnd

Yes, every single day on every single server that was using Battleye, unrelated to its population, sometimes more sometimes less of course,

but even the smallest spectated ammount still had a game breaking size of desynch to me.

High populated servers where worse than low populated. The only exception from this was the 18. january, like i described in my post from that day.

And as i said non-professional point of view, i have no valid argues or knowledge to claim it would be battleyes bandwidth usage, nor the intention to do so, i only tried to state my naive impressions.^^

Thanks for the information. Could you test again now?

Thanks for the information. Could you test again now?

Sure thing, will do so, but im far off any populated areas and my team is still offline, so it might take some time to get comprehensive test circumstances.

Will edit/update this post as soon as i experience gameplay affecting desynch, or finnished playing without getting desynch.

Unless you wish for faster/immediate updates in case i get no desynch.

Update 1, 23:50 German Time:

Played for around 2,5 hours now, two of them with two friends, all of us fully geared using 2 weapons, ammo boxes, medikits.

No gameplay affecting desynch so far, sometimes a desynch sign and a value of around 15-20k but it seems it is only occuring for parts of a second, just enough to cause the sign being displayed for a single update cicle. No desynch after connecting either on mid to high populated servers. Going to play some more and add more informations.

Update 2, 00:30:

Just after posting the first update the desynch was back... didnt give up yet.

Update 3, 05:00.... ^^

After testing some different high populated servers i managed to find one which did work more or less, had small spikes of desynch sometimes while being in the hospital in elektro with 4 friends being fully equipped. Server had around 30 players, sometimes more. Ping of 60 as long there was no desynch. Connection wasn't realy satisfying though, as it did give me the desynch sign very offten and made me check my connection by right-clicking items in my inventory to see the delay. The delay fluctuated between none and up to 2,2 seconds....yes i did use a stopwatch. :P

But i was even able to kill two enemies which tried to kill us.

Edited by SprStnd

I'm beginning to wonder if malwarebytes antimakware is causing my issue.

Sometimes when closing the game, I see amsg that mba has blocked accessed to a potentially dangerous website.

I know I'm not infected with anything and the only web connections are steam and dayz.

I'm going to try disabling mba during my next session.

I'll report back the results.

Any feedback regarding this issue after the new DayZ update?

I still can't play with my friend because of high desync issue after new patch. When I play alone, It's very ok and have no delay action. I JUST CAN"T PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS. FIX THIS PLEASE

It's better now, I don't desync every time soeone comes into my network bubble now, altho on occasion when I log into a server it desyncs from the start and never goes to normal. However it has improved, so whatever you're doing keep doing it ;P

I know it better. When I meet someone in server, I dont have desync. But when I meet my friends (In my country), it becomes very bad bad bad high desync: 100.000 and never go down. So I can't play with my friends.

I know it better. When I meet someone in server, I dont have desync. But when I meet my friends (In my country), it becomes very bad bad bad high desync: 100.000 and never go down. So I can't play with my friends.

Same here.

I was hoping the update fixed this after I didn't play for like a week.

But as soon as my 4 friends appeared in my sight - desync got up to 100.000.

I walked out of town with them and they guided me to the airfield because I didn't see them anymore.

The desync stayed the whole time.

When I started the game later and met with two of them again with firewall and Bitdefender turned off.

There were no issues with the desync but we just played a few minutes.

Don't know how long it would've last.

We all had that lunch and ammo boxes and medibags as well but didn't want to throw them away to test if the desync disappeared^^

Same here.

I was hoping the update fixed this after I didn't play for like a week.

But as soon as my 4 friends appeared in my sight - desync got up to 100.000.

I walked out of town with them and they guided me to the airfield because I didn't see them anymore.

The desync stayed the whole time.

When I started the game later and met with two of them again with firewall and Bitdefender turned off.

There were no issues with the desync but we just played a few minutes.

Don't know how long it would've last.

We all had that lunch and ammo boxes and medibags as well but didn't want to throw them away to test if the desync disappeared^^

Yeah, I try everything but it do not work :(